PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Paul and New Hampshire?

rich34
08-13-2007, 01:30 PM
Does anyone know when Dr. Paul will be heading to New Hampshire to campaign around the state? I think he needs to learn from Iowa and not let the other guys spend so much more time there than he does. Thoughts?

remaxjon
08-13-2007, 01:31 PM
I hope he pushs hard in NH Buchanan won there and so can Paul. That would really jump start his campaign nationaly.

Elwar
08-13-2007, 01:43 PM
NH is Ron Paul's biggest chance. The Live Free or Die state should be a shoe in for Ron Paul.

The members of the Free State Project will be key.

He can get Texas, which will give him a lot of primary votes but NH is key for early awareness.

rich34
08-13-2007, 02:09 PM
Does anyone know when Ron will be going to NH? I don't see it on his schedule so I was wondering. I noticed that Huckabee is heading there this week. I think Ron now needs to start focusing on those first couple states.

LibertyEagle
08-13-2007, 02:25 PM
He can get Texas, which will give him a lot of primary votes...

This is not necessarily a given. The straw poll in Texas is not open to just everyone, like it was in Iowa.

jd603
08-13-2007, 02:29 PM
I have lived in NH my entire life and I second this notion. :)

He has a lot of support here.

NH is Ron Paul's biggest chance. The Live Free or Die state should be a shoe in for Ron Paul.

The members of the Free State Project will be key.

He can get Texas, which will give him a lot of primary votes but NH is key for early awareness.

rich34
08-13-2007, 02:32 PM
JD how much support are we talking? I know the polls are not accurate, but the last I saw he's only polling about 3% which is probably more like 10 or so. My question is do the Buchannan voters know about him and if so will they come out in swarms to vote for him like they did Buchannan?

Syren123
08-13-2007, 02:34 PM
I was told that Dr Paul will be in NH the weekend of Sept 15/16 for a walk-a-thon type event they're having. He'll probably hang out extra days to press the flesh.

With Carol's situation, they're probably on slow mo for the time being.

R_Harris
08-13-2007, 02:36 PM
"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwar
He can get Texas, which will give him a lot of primary votes...

This is not necessarily a given. The straw poll in Texas is not open to just everyone, like it was in Iowa."

Yes, he is a Republican congressman from Texas.

No, he is not a favorite son.

Mind you, this is the state where

1. Gramm clobbered him in the 1984 Senate primary, where Gramm got 70% of the vote and Ron only got 17%;

2. In 1994, the Texas and national GOP pulled out all the stops to see him lose in not only the primary, but even the GENERAL election after he had won the primary! And he still won the general, despite the GOP opposition!

3. Years later, with congressional re-districting, his district was carved out to make it a majority democrat. And who helped engineer that effort to try and again undermine him? You guessed it, the Texas GOP.

Ron Paul is not supported anywhere by the GOP Party Machine. Are there actually regulars on this board who have not figured this out yet???

paulitics
08-13-2007, 02:42 PM
JD how much support are we talking? I know the polls are not accurate, but the last I saw he's only polling about 3% which is probably more like 10 or so. My question is do the Buchannan voters know about him and if so will they come out in swarms to vote for him like they did Buchannan?

well as long as they are still following Buchannan, they know about him. Buchannan is endorsing him, wirtes blogs about him, and will become more vocal as primaries draw near. I'm pretty sure the warhawk amnesty loving McCain has lost most of his support there too.

Does anyone elese know where Buchanan fared well?

Elwar
08-13-2007, 03:05 PM
This is not necessarily a given. The straw poll in Texas is not open to just everyone, like it was in Iowa.

I realize that as far as the TX straw poll, my prediction is maybe 10 votes in the straw poll in September.

I'm talking about the primaries next year.

I base this solely on the amount of grassroots support here and the fact that I am here in Texas and will be doing everything I can to drag people to the polls to vote for him :)

lbrtylvr
08-13-2007, 03:08 PM
If Dr. Paul has any chance at the nomination he must win New Hampshire.

sunny
08-13-2007, 03:11 PM
dr. paul is gonna do great in new hampshire.........the free state project is gonna be the biggest boost for him........there are 1000's of free staters and all love the good doctor.
there are lots of libertarians in the legislature there already - the most of any state as far as i know.

i betch michael badnarik will be there rallying the troops! when he hosted the keynote dinner on friday evening his entire dialogue was about all parties need to unite and stand behind dr. paul! it was wonderful!

he's gonna take new hampshire - mark my words!

rand paul announced that in september his entire family and whoever wants to join them are gonna go door to door and hand out info - for 3 or 4 days - i guess divide up into groups and canvas the state. i plan on going. it will be a hoot!

anyone is invited!

ps - good to have the forums back!

BLS
08-13-2007, 03:13 PM
If Dr. Paul has any chance at the nomination he must win New Hampshire.

Agreed. He needs to WIN..not place 2nd or 3rd.

F'ing Diebolds are gonna give me a heart attack.

Slugg
08-13-2007, 03:49 PM
F'ing Diebolds are gonna give me a heart attack.

Wait till after you vote....and leave your money to the campaign.....

Hope it doesn't hurt....

:)

Thatguyuknow
08-13-2007, 03:54 PM
Wait there's a straw poll in Texas coming up? Jeez,I can get me and atleast 8 other registered republicans to vote for him straight up. When where?

Jared Callanan
08-13-2007, 04:12 PM
I am a New Hampshire-ite for Ron Paul. A couple things briefly about New Hampshire, and I am not saying we can't win here because I believe we can but I think it also helps to explain why he has spent more time in Nevada than New Hampshire thus far:

New Hampshire has become more of a liberal state in recent years with the election of a Democrat Governor John Lynch by a landslide over our Libertarian-esque Governor Craig Benson; only the second time in 78 years that an incumbent New Hampshire governor was denied a second term.

The state is a far cry from what it was 11 years ago when Pat Buchanan won the primary. They have kicked great conservatives like Gordon Humphrey and Bob Smith to the curb to go with the more main stream candidates like John Sununu and Jeanne Shaheen.... And lets not forget that both of our Republican congressman were defeated by liberals in 2006.

The free state project is a great thing and an awesome idea... But they don't have pull in this state and we shouldn't expect them to provide miracles.

To win New Hampshire it is going to take an awesome show of the grassroots movement which in my opinion has been lagging in the state thus far, the same way it had in Iowa up until a week ago... Once again, I don't want to sound like a downer but we need to do better!

Anyway, I am buying 200 yard signs and 200 wooden stakes and plan on posting them around the seacoast areas of New Hampshire and Maine.. Anyone who would like to help out it would be greatly appreciated.

Syren123
08-13-2007, 04:22 PM
Wait there's a straw poll in Texas coming up? Jeez,I can get me and atleast 8 other registered republicans to vote for him straight up. When where?

Go to your state criminal GOP website and check it out. Then start harrassing them about transparent voting.

Syren123
08-13-2007, 04:24 PM
I am a New Hampshire-ite for Ron Paul. A couple things briefly about New Hampshire, and I am not saying we can't win here because I believe we can but I think it also helps to explain why he has spent more time in Nevada than New Hampshire thus far:

New Hampshire has become more of a liberal state in recent years with the election of a Democrat Governor John Lynch by a landslide over our Libertarian-esque Governor Craig Benson; only the second time in 78 years that an incumbent New Hampshire governor was denied a second term.

The state is a far cry from what it was 11 years ago when Pat Buchanan won the primary. They have kicked great conservatives like Gordon Humphrey and Bob Smith to the curb to go with the more main stream candidates like John Sununu and Jeanne Shaheen.... And lets not forget that both of our Republican congressman were defeated by liberals in 2006.

The free state project is a great thing and an awesome idea... But they don't have pull in this state and we shouldn't expect them to provide miracles.

To win New Hampshire it is going to take an awesome show of the grassroots movement which in my opinion has been lagging in the state thus far, the same way it had in Iowa up until a week ago... Once again, I don't want to sound like a downer but we need to do better!

Anyway, I am buying 200 yard signs and 200 wooden stakes and plan on posting them around the seacoast areas of New Hampshire and Maine.. Anyone who would like to help out it would be greatly appreciated.

Are you saying that NH is going to the dark side?! Oh no this must be stopped.
More Free Staters need to move there STAT.

Jared, get in touch with your meetup group and get them to formulate a game plan ASAP. Then put a call out to all other meetups for help with whatever you guys need - reinforcements, money, artistic ability, muscle....

DjLoTi
08-13-2007, 04:24 PM

go to www.ronpaul2008.com and you'll see the image for the Texas straw poll on the front page.

edmnn
08-13-2007, 04:32 PM
posted at ronpaul2008.com...

Strafford County GOP Picnic and Straw Poll

Congressman Ron Paul will be attending a picnic in Strafford, NH on Saturday, August 18th. The picnic will be hosted by the Strafford County GOP, and will begin at 12:00 PM, running till 5:00 PM. This is will be a great opportunity for Ron Paul supporters in New Hampshire to have some fun, great food, and hear the Congressman speak.

LibertyEagle
08-13-2007, 05:52 PM
I realize that as far as the TX straw poll, my prediction is maybe 10 votes in the straw poll in September.

I'm talking about the primaries next year.

I base this solely on the amount of grassroots support here and the fact that I am here in Texas and will be doing everything I can to drag people to the polls to vote for him :)

LOL! Good for you. I'm in Texas too and I know we've got very active Meetup groups here.

Lesgov
08-13-2007, 06:06 PM
Ron will be in NH this weekend, and then be back in September as I understand.

klamath
08-13-2007, 06:15 PM

I believe that a lot of big city liberals have moved into the state but I think that the independent conservative leaning voters have been disillusioned with their choices for the last ten years and have been staying home. I think that Ron Paul could fire them up again. It has to be an out right win in New Hampshire though. Nevada is a possibility but they have the same problems as New Hampshire in that a lot of people from the big cities of Southern California have moved into Los Vegas.

Lesgov
08-13-2007, 06:35 PM
What Jared says is true, very few people here have ever heard of Ron Paul. The almost total blackout by the media is working. We have to change that. Make sure you have bumper stickers on your vehicles, live in your Ron Paul T shirts, look for places to put up signs, talk to everyone you can.
Many people here do not have computers, so forget about websites and youtube.

LibertyEagle
08-13-2007, 06:42 PM
Lesgov,

Are you a member of a Meetup group? If so, is your group formulating a plan of attack? We would be happy to help, but there needs to be some kind of strategy.

Lesgov
08-13-2007, 06:54 PM
Lesgov,

Are you a member of a Meetup group? If so, is your group formulating a plan of attack? We would be happy to help, but there needs to be some kind of strategy.

Hi Liberty,
Yup, member of meetup group, campaign co-chair of this county, plus do some on my own. Just stating the facts,we have a lot of work to do.
I appreciate the offer, and I know you and most everyone on here will jump in to help where you can.

There is no doubt in my mind that Ron can win this, but like another one says on here, we've got to "fight our guts out!"

LibertyEagle
08-13-2007, 06:56 PM
What do you think is the best plan of attack? Any ideas?

Lesgov
08-13-2007, 07:15 PM
We are working hard here, doing what we can on the ground. When we look for all the positive stuff on the internet things look rosie. I'm just trying to be realistic, I remember a few weeks ago Dave and some others from Iowa were saying Ron was not doing that great there. We were all thinking he was going to come in first or second, but the people in Iowa were right, he came in fifth.
When you go out knocking door to door and find only one in thirty have heard of him it's a wake up call.
I think the ad that Lordxar put together was awesome, things like this might help a little further on.

rich34
08-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Maybe we should start doing some of the things we did in Iowa over the last couple weeks. If we all chip in something there shouldn't be no reason why we can't do some of the samethings we did out there.

Imo, if there were a lesson to be learned about Iowa it is not to start things to late. Lets go ahead and get started with newspaper ads, radio buys, mailings etc.... I don't have a lot to give and what little I do I give to the campaign, but I'd be more than happy to squeeze out some more funds to get the ball rolling in New Hampshire.

RevolutionSD
08-13-2007, 07:32 PM
Paul is headed to NH now I believe.

I also think he can take California.
He just needs to get the hell out here!

rich34
08-13-2007, 07:35 PM
The campaign needs to get us a mailing list for NH. We need to go ahead and start hitting on all cylinders.

Also I saw that Ron will be heading to NH for this Saturday, but what more after that? I know it's up to him and this is his deal, but imo he shouldn't be beat again with time on the ground by another candidate. Granted I don't think he has to spend as much time because he has a more powerful message, but he does need to spend close to the amount of time the other candidates spend.

BLS
08-13-2007, 07:37 PM
OK...can someone please clarify when the NH straw poll is? Is it before or after Sept 1 (which I assume is the Texas Straw Poll)?

I ask because on Thursday I'm going to my first meetup.
I'm going to suggest that we get as many people as possible locally to make revolution signs, and I want to pump out hundreds, if not thousands and ship them to both NH and Texas. But it has to be done ASAP so that interest is picqued and then when Dr. Paul rolls into town, people will now have a correlation that there is a huge following.

I think this is a huge issue because Memphis and Jacksonville have both proven that they can get true media coverage by doing this. My hope is that meetups around the country will do the same and provide thousands of signs for both NH and TX.

Lesgov
08-13-2007, 07:38 PM
We've been going door to door for a couple weeks, and we're waiting now for names and towns from the campaign. I think this plan is going to work well because we have the people to do it. We have at least 500 that will give their all for this great cause. I think this is our last chance to save the republic.
I like what you're saying Rich, and I'm sure the campaign has learned a thing or two from Iowa also.

LibertyEagle
08-13-2007, 07:40 PM
BLS,

Just please do some that mentions that he is running for President, ok? If they've never heard his name, no telling what they'll think Ron Paul Revolution means.

BLS
08-13-2007, 07:41 PM
The campaign needs to get us a mailing list for NH. We need to go ahead and start hitting on all cylinders.

Also I saw that Ron will be heading to NH for this Saturday, but what more after that? I know it's up to him and this is his deal, but imo he shouldn't be beat again with time on the ground by another candidate. Granted I don't think he has to spend as much time because he has a more powerful message, but he does need to spend close to the amount of time the other candidates spend.

McCain has been hitting NH hard for a while...which is why he skipped IA.
I think this is his last hurrah. If we can beat McCain, and do well in NH...we can eliminate at least one more runner.

Lesgov
08-13-2007, 07:45 PM
OK...can someone please clarify when the NH straw poll is? Is it before or after Sept 1 (which I assume is the Texas Straw Poll)?

I ask because on Thursday I'm going to my first meetup.
I'm going to suggest that we get as many people as possible locally to make revolution signs, and I want to pump out hundreds, if not thousands and ship them to both NH and Texas. But it has to be done ASAP so that interest is picqued and then when Dr. Paul rolls into town, people will now have a correlation that there is a huge following.

I think this is a huge issue because Memphis and Jacksonville have both proven that they can get true media coverage by doing this. My hope is that meetups around the country will do the same and provide thousands of signs for both NH and TX.

There is no straw poll here, It's individual county straw polls here, Ron is going to be at the Strafford County straw poll this weekend. This works pretty well for us because we can go from county to county. This will be exciting to see how he fairs in the vote.

Green Mountain Boy
08-13-2007, 07:47 PM
According to this blog (http://nh2008.blogspot.com/) Ron Paul has only been in New Hamphsire 4 days so far. He needs to catch up with the others and up those numbers dramatically.

Here are all the candidates #s.

Romney: 11 visits, 14 days
McCain: 7 visits, 14 days
Hunter: 7 visits, 14 days
Huckabee: 6 visits, 13 days
Giuliani: 8 visits, 12 days
Tancredo: 6 visits, 9 days
Brownback: 2 visits, 2 days
Paul: 2 visits, 4 days
F. Thompson: 1 visit, 1 day

BLS
08-13-2007, 07:49 PM
BLS,

Just please do some that mentions that he is running for President, ok? If they've never heard his name, no telling what they'll think Ron Paul Revolution means.

Good idea. I will make this statement at my meetup.

Lesgov
08-13-2007, 07:54 PM
According to this blog (http://nh2008.blogspot.com/) Ron Paul has only been in New Hamphsire 4 days so far. He needs to catch up with the others and up those numbers dramatically.

Here are all the candidates #s.

Romney: 11 visits, 14 days
McCain: 7 visits, 14 days
Hunter: 7 visits, 14 days
Huckabee: 6 visits, 13 days
Giuliani: 8 visits, 12 days
Tancredo: 6 visits, 9 days
Brownback: 2 visits, 2 days
Paul: 2 visits, 4 days
F. Thompson: 1 visit, 1 day

I think he is planning a family gathering here in Sept. I'm talking 20 or 30 Pauls.

We will canvas the whole state.

Jared Callanan
08-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Are you saying that NH is going to the dark side?! Oh no this must be stopped.
More Free Staters need to move there STAT.

Jared, get in touch with your meetup group and get them to formulate a game plan ASAP. Then put a call out to all other meetups for help with whatever you guys need - reinforcements, money, artistic ability, muscle....

Well, it's a tough state to judge right now, we have the free staters and they are great but in the last four to eight years we have had a lot of people move up here from Mass and those people are certainly liberal when compared to the born and bred New Hampshire resident.

I really don't blame the Ron Paul campaign for deciding to target Nevada over New Hampshire (thus far). As I mentioned before this isn't the Libertarian state that it was in the past but more importantly is that Mitt Romney is playing the same "favorite son" card that Paul Tsongas did in 1992. This is going to be a tough state to win, Pat Buchanan didn't run against a senator or governor of Mass. We don't have to win here to be successful, but we need a very respectable finish to win here.. We can do it.. We need to get motivated... Now is the best time to post yard signs, not when every corner in New Hampshire has 20 signs and no one is looking at them anymore.

Having said all that, lets win NH anyway.. I will be at the picnic on saturday, look forward to seeing everyone else.. and I still new help with our yard signs:)

Thom1776
08-13-2007, 08:41 PM
And so does the New Revolution, the Ron Paul Revolution.

We New Englanders are tough and gritty. Our army of revolutionary soldiers is growing all the time. Every time Ron Paul is in New Hampshire, our presence is bigger and louder.

Make no mistake, Ron Paul WILL win New Hampshire.

New Hampshirites aren't fooled by the phony Romney, and they know that Giuliani is a big-government fascist.

klamath
08-13-2007, 08:50 PM
Well, it's a tough state to judge right now, we have the free staters and they are great but in the last four to eight years we have had a lot of people move up here from Mass and those people are certainly liberal when compared to the born and bred New Hampshire resident.

I really don't blame the Ron Paul campaign for deciding to target Nevada over New Hampshire (thus far). As I mentioned before this isn't the Libertarian state that it was in the past but more importantly is that Mitt Romney is playing the same "favorite son" card that Paul Tsongas did in 1992. This is going to be a tough state to win, Pat Buchanan didn't run against a senator or governor of Mass. We don't have to win here to be successful, but we need a very respectable finish to win here.. We can do it.. We need to get motivated... Now is the best time to post yard signs, not when every corner in New Hampshire has 20 signs and no one is looking at them anymore.

Having said all that, lets win NH anyway.. I will be at the picnic on saturday, look forward to seeing everyone else.. and I still new help with our yard signs:)

One thing you have to take into consideration is the the Mass. transplants are NOT going to be voting in the Republican primary. Where these people are going have an impact is in the general election.

FreedomLover
08-13-2007, 08:53 PM

We New Englanders are tough and gritty. Our army of revolutionary soldiers is growing all the time. Every time Ron Paul is in New Hampshire, our presence is bigger and louder.

New Hampshirites aren't fooled by the phony Romney, and they know that Giuliani is a big-government fascist.

Let's not make the same mistake we did with Iowa and assume that the 'Ron Paul Revolution' will materialize out of nowhere.

We have to have boots on the ground. I do think that the people of Iowa and NH are smarter than to vote for a snake like mitt, or guilani, but it is better to underestimate than overestimate.

Jared Callanan
08-13-2007, 08:54 PM
One thing you have to take into consideration is the the Mass. transplants are NOT going to be voting in the Republican primary. Where these people are going have an impact is in the general election.

Just because they are from Mass doesn't mean they aren't registered independent or republican both of which could vote for Ron Paul.

klamath
08-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Just because they are from Mass doesn't mean they aren't registered independent or republican both of which could vote for Ron Paul.

That's true but I think that they will be voting in the democratic primary unless Hillary has it tied up and they just want to vote in the Republican primary as spoilers.

Jennifer Reynolds
08-13-2007, 09:22 PM
///

Richandler
08-13-2007, 09:46 PM
NH, so close, so close and yet so far. From California, we can win!

DeadheadForPaul
08-13-2007, 09:48 PM
Didn't Dr. Paul say that he is about to head up to NH? I hope our Northeastern supporters flock to NH! Every local event is a state-wide and regional event!!!!

sylvania
08-13-2007, 10:09 PM
About the Texas Straw Poll: only previous delegates can vote in the Texas Straw Poll. It has some funky voting limitations.

But is there anyway we could mail letters to the eligible delegates that are allowed to vote in the Straw Poll? I think I read somewhere that there are 17,000 of them, roughly. Is anyone in Texas working on getting those names and addresses? Surely, we could mail 17,000 letters if we were able to mail 92,000 (approx.) to Iowa.

Or is this Straw Poll not worth the effort? Would our time and money be better spent on other things?

Maybe we could start a mailing campaign to New Hampshire. Is there any news that anybody is doing this?

billv
08-13-2007, 11:16 PM

I agree, we need hand written letters to as many people as possible. We have more time now, so we definitely need to hit it hard with letters.

billv
08-13-2007, 11:18 PM
What about putting the Ames mosaic ad into local papers? Can anyone find out the cost for us all? And the rules, etc. Perhaps we could all chip in for that?

Don't forget the college newspapers, those could be cheap.

Phoenix has Ron Paul Revolution signs everywhere, but people think he is a rock band. On the other hand it is read, and it is much more interesting than a stupid campaign sign.

But you have to plaster NH with his name. Little signs on the side of the road painted on wood kind of like puppies for sale kind of thing.

What about hitting the NH campuses with the College campaign blitz idea. It is cheap and we will be doing it next Monday here at ASU.

Great Idea, I"ll donate for ads.

happyphilter
08-13-2007, 11:38 PM
im in for donating for ads and hand writting letters. LETS DO THIS

Give me liberty
08-13-2007, 11:57 PM

Oh ya i am not to worried about NH :)
lets not forget about the poor the ed & Elaine brown overthere
and also to make a note.

I am going to send ron paul HQ 100$ dollars.
:)

Matt Collins
08-14-2007, 12:07 AM
We don't have to win here (NH) to be successful, but we need a very respectable finishExactly. The media attention of a win would be nice, however look at those who have won NH in the past, and look at how many of them got the party nomination, and became president. #1 in NH is not an absolute.

mrchubbs
08-14-2007, 01:19 AM
Here is a link to the NH Union Leader Advertising information page (http://www.unionleader.com/advertising/). Looks to have about 60K - 70K readers.

and

Here is the Nashua Telegraph's print advertising rate page. (http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040813/MEDIAKIT01/40813017) Has about 27K - 34K subscribers.

and

Here is a link to the Concord Monitor advertising information page (http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=STATICPAGES0613). Has about 20K - 22K readers.

I think these are the 3 largest papers in the state.

No idea how to calculate the rate for this type of Ad though. Guess a phone call may be necessary. Or maybe some of you know?

Jennifer Reynolds
08-14-2007, 02:05 AM
///

Slugg
08-14-2007, 05:42 AM
Here is a link to the NH Union Leader Advertising information page (http://www.unionleader.com/advertising/). Looks to have about 60K - 70K readers.

and

Here is the Nashua Telegraph's print advertising rate page. (http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040813/MEDIAKIT01/40813017) Has about 27K - 34K subscribers.

and

Here is a link to the Concord Monitor advertising information page (http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=STATICPAGES0613). Has about 20K - 22K readers.

I think these are the 3 largest papers in the state.

No idea how to calculate the rate for this type of Ad though. Guess a phone call may be necessary. Or maybe some of you know?

This is a lordXar question...totally.

I am all over sending some cash for paper ads in NH. Perhaps even a round or two of Radio spots...anyone?

As for Texas....we need to find a list of delegates. My mother is really big into Texas politics....(she's a RP kinda gal...don't worry)....Let me see if she can muster up a list for us....then OFF TO THE POST OFFICE!!! 17,000, we can write those by hand!!!!! I think the Ames ad would be great to have in there also.

Johnnybags
08-14-2007, 06:23 AM
to win, if he spends the time and effort, he can win NH. 50k votes is not that difficult with his message. However he must show up in person to fire them up. Probably less votes will be needed due to the dwindling party.

klamath
08-14-2007, 08:43 AM
Exactly. The media attention of a win would be nice, however look at those who have won NH in the past, and look at how many of them got the party nomination, and became president. #1 in NH is not an absolute.

I hate to be negative but if Ron Paul can't win NH, what states can he possibly win? He might have a chance in Nevada, Idaho or Alaska but he will have lost too many state by then and the big mo will be gone. Bob Dole lost NH but had the midwest tied up, something Ron Paul does not. The biggest thing going against Ron Paul is the stigma that he can't win and people don't want to vote for losers. If he can't break that stigma in NH it will be locked in solid.

All out in NH!

rich34
08-14-2007, 09:58 AM
Is there anyone that is able to get a mailing list for New Hampshire? Lets go ahead and introduce them to congressman Paul before he really starts hitting the state hard. At least that way they'll know what he stands for and if he's going to be appearing locally maybe more people will want to come out and hear him talk of they know his platform.

dsentell
08-14-2007, 10:16 AM
Don't know if any of you are fans of the Coast to Coast AM radio show, or of Sean David Morton, but on July 26, Sean was on the show. He supposedly has some friends who are advisor level in the White House. As no mention had yet been made of presidential politics or any of the candidates, I was astounded when Sean was asked about the 2008 elections and immediately responded, "The White House is concerned about Ron Paul."

He continued by saying that the White House expects Ron Paul to win the NH primary.

My first thought was that maybe we do not need to spend as much time with NH and concentrate on more problematic areas. HOWEVER, on second thought, they might throw all they've got against us in NH?

specsaregood
08-14-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm ready to mail and/or call NH voters.
I think Operation Spooner should not have been shutdown. Let's bring it back for NH. Personally I like talking and would call NH voters. Just get me a targetted list.

rich34
08-14-2007, 10:43 AM
Don't know if any of you are fans of the Coast to Coast AM radio show, or of Sean David Morton, but on July 26, Sean was on the show. He supposedly has some friends who are advisor level in the White House. As no mention had yet been made of presidential politics or any of the candidates, I was astounded when Sean was asked about the 2008 elections and immediately responded, "The White House is concerned about Ron Paul."

He continued by saying that the White House expects Ron Paul to win the NH primary.

My first thought was that maybe we do not need to spend as much time with NH and concentrate on more problematic areas. HOWEVER, on second thought, they might throw all they've got against us in NH?

If what you say is true, that is very good news indeed! But like you said we still need to hit the state hard with letters, newspapers ads, radio spots, etc....

NH4RonPaul
08-14-2007, 10:46 AM
NH is already doing this...and we have endorsements we are working on from the local state reps.

We pretty much have it under control here in NH except for one thing -- getting the Meetup members to work in the normal campaign circles.

For example, this is what I did for three days last weekend, but 6 out of 11 other venues went uncovered even though we have 400 Meetup members between two groups:

http://files.meetup.com/527156/RonPa...HudsonFair.mov

Jesse Benton sums it up here:
"While the Paul campaign maintains that it has been doing better than other campaigns in the online grassroots arena, Benton acknowledged that for Paul to be truly competitive, he will have to start building on the more traditional aspects of campaigning."

"That’s not where our operation is strongest right now," Benton said, adding that it does have more than 33,000 meet-up members. "We realize that that’s going to have to be combined with the traditional brick-laying components of politics."

Whenever I post a list, it seems they will find something else to do and ignore what is needed. They are not Meetup events but GOP events and are to be ignored? I don't think so...this is where the voters are....at all the town fairs and such. I also try to hit all the GOP town and county meetings.

In other words, please stop shunning the GOP and get out to do the normal events.
I make a list each week and post it in all the relevant places

NH4RonPaul
08-14-2007, 11:10 AM
BLS,

This is so true. People in NH don't need to waste time painting signs when I have just had 100s delivered to my house of all sizes. No one knows what those revolution signs even mean.

But they DO need to get out to the venues we list each week.

Many so called supporters are ignoring what needs to be done.

I'm sure lesgov knows what I am talking about and is familiar with the efforts that some of us have put forth.

NH4RonPaul
08-14-2007, 11:13 AM
Is there anyone that is able to get a mailing list for New Hampshire? Lets go ahead and introduce them to congressman Paul before he really starts hitting the state hard. At least that way they'll know what he stands for and if he's going to be appearing locally maybe more people will want to come out and hear him talk of they know his platform.

We have 100 4x8 signs spread out over this tiny state and 400 Meetup members.

We have staff members and county chairs.

We have folks working to get endorsements from legislators.

And each weekend there are places to set up a booth or join a booth set up by the GOP, to hawk the wares.

But trying to get folks to help is tough, I don't know why.

FSP-Rebel
08-14-2007, 12:00 PM
Doesn't NH also have same day voter registration?

FSP-Rebel
08-14-2007, 12:07 PM
NH is already doing this...and we have endorsements we are working on from the local state reps.

We pretty much have it under control here in NH except for one thing -- getting the Meetup members to work in the normal campaign circles.

For example, this is what I did for three days last weekend, but 6 out of 11 other venues went uncovered even though we have 400 Meetup members between two groups:

http://files.meetup.com/527156/RonPa...HudsonFair.mov

People must be spending their time going to Murphy's Taproom getting drinks rather than campaining together. I guess we really are like (herding) cats.;) I have a suggestion, campaing 1st and drink after--Vwallah!