PDA

View Full Version : A little of what we're doing in Washington County Utah...

mconder
08-13-2007, 01:23 PM
We had great success with our booth at the Washington County Fair last week. We were told by many people that we had the most impressive booth at the fair. The number of political booths were pathetic. Both the Republican and Democrat booths were tiny, with very little traffic and only 1 or 2 volunteers at a time. We averaged 10 volunteers in our 9 X 18 booth. We had people in the aisles all the time, passing out flyers, slim jims, liberty cards, DVD's. We had homemade cookies and custom printed Ron Paul 2008 balloons for the kids. They were EVERYWHERE! We had T-shirts for sale and also copies of Dr. Paul's new book, A Foreign Policy of Freedom. To top it all off we had a 52 inch flat screen with surround sound playing a brand new DVD, made by our youngest meetup group member who is only 19. It is organized by issues, with clips and quotes by Dr. Paul on every subject, and includes many interviews. He worked day and night on it and it turned out great. We are hoping to make many copies of this. I am attaching a picture of the booth.

Now that we have all our materials assembled, we plan on getting booths in all the upcoming events and shows. If we can't get a booth we will be walking all over the grounds, passing out literature. A meetup group has also started in Iron County, for which we are furnishing materials. We are also starting a group out here in Cane Beds, a small rural community of about 300 in northwest Arizona. Everyone out here is here to escape big government, and I think once the word gets out we will have the whole area for Dr. Paul. We are also trying to reach the neighboring Polygamist communites. There are thousands of people there that want to continue to have freedom religion. In these communities when something gets out through word of mouth, if it gets to the higher up, they could sway everyone for Ron Paul.

SWATH
08-13-2007, 01:27 PM
Awesome! Pics?

mconder
08-13-2007, 01:33 PM
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/37/photos/

Eli
08-13-2007, 01:34 PM
thats great news!

Lord Xar
08-13-2007, 01:36 PM
I LOVE seeing this...you guys are doing something fantastic!!

DeadheadForPaul
08-13-2007, 01:38 PM
you guys are doing great! real inspirational

keep up the work :)

UtahApocalypse
08-13-2007, 02:13 PM
Great to hear you all south of me are getting things done too.

nullvalu
08-13-2007, 02:15 PM
the custom balloons idea is so great! where do you get those done?