PDA

View Full Version : Local Party Resolutions.

LandonCook
02-13-2008, 04:45 PM
I live in a small town in arkansas. I am the County Republican Chairman. And I need ideas to help me expand and grow the party and our cause here....

So far I am:

Starting up a Weekly Young Republican meeting
Expanding the monthly Republican women's meeting
Vote of no Conf. of McCain
Placeing County platform and objectives
Mergeing Meetup members
Sending 17 RP County Delegates to District Convention

Anybody got any ideas on what else to do?

BTW: We have a good independent running for Sheriff... County judge is set, and my Uncle is running for JP... I live in a very rebel/conservitive county. So most of the work we need to do is advanceing into the upper party. We can do that by expanding Republican activisum in the county.

LandonCook
02-13-2008, 04:58 PM
hello? any ideas anyone?

Soccrmastr
02-13-2008, 04:59 PM
Get other people in the grassroots to do the same as you! You're doing a great job. Just eb sure to keep your local party on track of true conservatism, however you can do that. The next time the presidential election comes up, and you have a strong base, and everyone else build a a strong local base, we will choose our nominee and win it.

Banana
02-13-2008, 05:02 PM
I threw out few ideas over here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=118683).

I can't be too specific as I'm pretty sure every state party has its own rules, but the basic concept should be relevant. If you can do something to make your party more grassroot-oriented and somehow bind the official to the platform, you would have done *fanatastic*.

Edu
02-13-2008, 05:09 PM
Have a movie night and show this:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1656880303867390173

billjarrett
02-13-2008, 05:17 PM
Are all your precinct committeemen slots filled? Seems to be the defensive posture the current county GOP here does to stay in place.

Not that I support block aiding different opinions (like I've heard they do here), but you don't want to be taken over before you get a chance to have an effect.

Stealth4
02-13-2008, 05:22 PM
Book Club - recommend a new book at each meeting, hold a book discussion and beer drinking meeting a few weeks later to discuss.

Start with articles - start with a federalist paper - something that takes just an hour to read.

Sey.Naci
02-13-2008, 05:26 PM
Do outreach to other county chairmen and GOP orgs?

LandonCook
02-13-2008, 06:46 PM
Do outreach to other county chairmen and GOP orgs?

Done

Are all your precinct committeemen slots filled? Seems to be the defensive posture the current county GOP here does to stay in place.

Not that I support block aiding different opinions (like I've heard they do here), but you don't want to be taken over before you get a chance to have an effect.

Done

jm1776
02-14-2008, 07:55 AM
What about the County Sheriff, County Judge and all JP slots? If they are not all onboard organize candidates to replace them.

Recommend a few available acres over there. I'll pop over and look at them sometime. :)

- jim

LandonCook
02-19-2008, 03:03 PM
What about the County Sheriff, County Judge and all JP slots? If they are not all onboard organize candidates to replace them.

Recommend a few available acres over there. I'll pop over and look at them sometime. :)

- jim

We have a good independent running for Sheriff... County judge is set, and my Uncle is running for JP... I live in a very rebel/conservitive county. So most of the work we need to do is advanceing into the upper party. We can do that by expanding Republican activisum in the county.

freelance
02-19-2008, 03:08 PM
You need to get control of the schools too. Do you elect or appoint the superintendent? I'm assuming that the Sheriff controls the police force in a smaller community, no? If not, then you have to get control of the police dept. too. If you can vote down fed dollars, you are half-way home. Then, you can more easily change "the culture." If you don't take the fed dollars, you don't have to comply with No Child Left Behind or other BS programs, and if you don't take Fed dollars for the police department, then you don't have to militarize your police force, which in turn, terrorizes the citizens, now called civilians.