PDA

View Full Version : Election fraud and propogandic news reporting punishable by death?

dkim68
02-13-2008, 04:28 PM
I tried to think of ways these issues could be prevented and came to the conclusion that there's no better solution than making both of these things crimes that are punishable by death. No loopholes. If you did it, you die.

What say you?

FreeTraveler
02-13-2008, 04:38 PM
I personally think they both qualify as treason, which IS addressed by the Constitution. Good luck with getting it enforced by US Courts, though. :D

Once again, Dr. Paul's message that we need to return to the Constitution as the rule of law proves accurate. :)

kathy88
02-13-2008, 04:45 PM
Treason works for me. Wanna file a class action?

TurtleBurger
02-13-2008, 04:52 PM
No because soon we will take over the media and will do propaganda and election fraud of our own. I don't want to see Paulites hanging from trees lining the roads when that day comes. :D

Paulitical Correctness
02-13-2008, 04:55 PM
Isn't Dr. Paul against capital punishment?

nate895
02-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Isn't Dr. Paul against capital punishment?

It's a states' rights issue. Treason is also a state crime in most states, so it could be enforced.

Thunderbolt
02-13-2008, 04:58 PM
All news reporting is propaganda. Every writer has a bias. Are you going to kill all reporters who don't have the same bias as you?

JMann
02-13-2008, 04:58 PM
Why not start a news organization instead of trying to figure out how to destroy someone else's?

Edu
02-13-2008, 04:59 PM
Treason is only if they wage war against the country.

We hold the 1st amendment as true. The media can do what it wants.

But the government can control corporations, since they are creations of government, and also since they use our airwaves, including satellite transmissions we should be able to regulate how large the ownership becomes, as in anti trust laws, monopoly, etc...

The MSM seems to have a problem controlling local elections, so getting more RP type people into congress is the best bet for taking back our country.

I am sure it's a money issue, you can't control everything. And that's why the founding fathers made this a country with a distributed government. The president isn't really all that important if you think about it, his powers are very limited.

spunkel
02-13-2008, 04:59 PM
what's the point of death penalty when the people who judge are the ones behind the fraud.

btw. isn't there a high percentage of people with death penalties innocent ?

freelance
02-13-2008, 05:07 PM
I personally think they both qualify as treason, which IS addressed by the Constitution. Good luck with getting it enforced by US Courts, though. :D

Once again, Dr. Paul's message that we need to return to the Constitution as the rule of law proves accurate. :)

Treason sure works for me, as well. Fat chance of pulling it off, but it sure works for me.

Treason is only if they wage war against the country.

Uh, I call this waging war against the country. What would you call it?

yongrel
02-13-2008, 05:10 PM
Grassroots? I think not.

davidkachel
02-13-2008, 05:23 PM
Read The Art of War... you become your enemy; unless of course you realize this is something you want to avoid. There is no compromise on a free press. It is either free or it isn't. Presently I don't think it is. Now if you can prove intentional and premeditated dissemination of destructive information, then you might have something. That's shouting fire in a crowded theater.

Though I must admit the thought of publicly hanging just one, the most egregious, "news reporter" does hold a certain primal appeal.

Elle
02-13-2008, 05:27 PM
I got this in my email just now

Dear Lisa,
National Conference for Media Reform

The next National Conference for Media Reform will be held in Minneapolis, June 6-8, 2008

Register Now

It's an election year, and the problems with the media are clear -- just turn on your TV, and notice what's on...and what's not.

But how do we fix it? Where does change begin?

In Minneapolis on June 6-8, thousands of activists, journalists and policymakers will converge at the 2008 National Conference for Media Reform.

If you care about the state of the media, this is the one event you can't miss. Reduced-rate hotels and registration are limited. Sign up now.

Learn More about NCMR 2008

Register now

If you don't know what an amazing event this is, consider this: The first conference brought 1,700 people to Madison, Wisconsin. Then 2,500 came to St. Louis. Last year, 3,500 gathered in Memphis. And June's event in Minneapolis is going to be even bigger and more exciting.

Bill Moyers, Dan Rather, Amy Goodman, Van Jones, Katrina vanden Heuvel, Rev. Lennox Yearwood, Senator Byron Dorgan, FCC Commissioners Michael Copps and Jonathan Adelstein and many more leaders and luminaries will join thousands of people from across the country for an inspiring and unforgettable weekend.

The conference will offer bold strategies, new ideas and concrete solutions toward building more diverse, independent media, stopping runaway media consolidation, saving the Internet, and much, much more.

Don't miss this special event. Register today, and we'll see you in June!

Yolanda Hippensteele
Outreach Director
Free Press
www.freepress.net/conference

P.S. Need help registering? Call 877.888.1533, x210. Sign up by March 31 to get the early-bird reduced rate.

P.P.S. Check out the conference Web site for all the latest updates and to watch highlights from last year's amazing conference.

Malakai0
02-13-2008, 05:35 PM
I'm sure, in a perfect world, we could probably try 50% of government officials for treason. I consider putting the interests of people giving you money over the well being of your country and your oath to uphold the constitution treason.

50% is probably far too conservative.

I wouldn't execute them all though. Exile from the USA would be fine. They love global government and global corporations so much, let them have the rest of the world, give us our free country back, then laugh while the rest of the world rejects them and their form of society to become more like us.

Much of the world tried to emulate the USA before it started going bad once already. I bet they would do it again, if we really went back to principles people held +100 years ago, ie personal and economic liberty, property rights, personal responsibility, ie freedom in the true sense.

Edu
02-13-2008, 05:35 PM
NCMR 2008 - So what did they do about it last time they met? I don't see any difference, if anything they are getting worse.

I'm sorry, but I have a problem with groups that just meet and talk with no planned actions.

Elle
02-13-2008, 05:37 PM
I don't know anything about them tbh. Just found it kind of odd with all the goings on in the media lately. I wonder how many people will show up for this.

BarryDonegan
02-13-2008, 06:06 PM
not allowing angry mobs to come up with reasons to put people to death in times of social distress is one of the main reasons we're a republic and not a democracy ;)

FreeTraveler
02-13-2008, 06:14 PM
All news reporting is propaganda. Every writer has a bias. Are you going to kill all reporters who don't have the same bias as you?

Ever heard of Joe Friday? "Just the facts, ma'am." Go back and read some papers even as recently as the sixties and seventies. "Reporting" was about the facts of the story. There was no emotional coloration (or little compared to now).

Editorial pages were a different matter. But when it came to the story, it hasn't always been so blatantly biased as it has become.

Reporting needs to come back to the news pages, and get the editorial back on the editorial pages where it belongs.

FreeTraveler
02-13-2008, 06:16 PM
Though I must admit the thought of publicly hanging just one, the most egregious, "news reporter" does hold a certain primal appeal.

This sounds like a poll question just begging to be asked! :D

Johncjackson
02-13-2008, 06:16 PM
Of course, and we should also execute people for drawing cartoons we dont like....

virginiakid
02-13-2008, 06:22 PM
It definitely should be handled in a serious manner.Death would be too fast. How about exile on a deserted Island with John McCain, Obama, Hillary Clinton, King George, Cheney, Mitt Romney, and Giuliani.

FreeTraveler
02-13-2008, 06:31 PM
It definitely should be handled in a serious manner.Death would be too fast. How about exile on a deserted Island with John McCain, Obama, Hillary Clinton, King George, Cheney, Mitt Romney, and Giuliani.

The first thing they would do is open the borders, then declare all waters within 1000 miles as their territory. They would enslave the indigenous people who came to fish in their waters, conscript half of them and send them off to fight with the nearest island, and make the rest work as gardners for less than minimum wage.

Somehow, contrary to all logic, they would manage to become filthy rich doing this.