PDA

View Full Version : Is Dr. Paul waiting until Huck drops out to spend the rest of the money?

RonPaulFever
02-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Seems like once the Huckster drops out and it's just Paul against McCain, the time would be ripe for a full-on media blitz. I pray that this is the case....otherwise, all hope is lost.

WilliamC
02-13-2008, 02:51 PM
Maybe he's going to spend it all in Texas?

His home State, and it could also help him indirectly in his Congressional race.

wgadget
02-13-2008, 02:51 PM
Please don't be a pessimist. Look how fast things have changed in a matter of weeks in this exciting election season....

DeafPalmdale
02-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Is Huckabee still have some money left? I checked in rongraphs.com and it doesn't make sense. I am really hoping that he will dropped out soon but my concern is that he may join with McCain as VP position.

wgadget
02-13-2008, 02:57 PM
I don't think McCain wants Huckleberry. I think McCain is done with him. (Romney's out)

billjarrett
02-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Maybe he's saving it for our march/rally! Historys biggest kegger! :eek:

AtomiC
02-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Huckabee has said numerous times that he's not going to drop out, so Paul needs to spend that money soon...

garyallen59
02-13-2008, 02:59 PM
huckabee's not dropping out

wgadget
02-13-2008, 03:01 PM
Would it be better for RP if Huck DID drop out?

SWATH
02-13-2008, 03:04 PM
Would it be better for RP if Huck DID drop out?

Absolutely, because then Paul would get all the anti-McCain votes instead of Huckerbee. However I doubt Huck will drop any time soon if at all before the convention.

s35wf
02-13-2008, 03:08 PM
Since TX has Both the presidential primary AND the congressional race at the same time, i believe he's concentrating on TX now, after TX then we'll see the presidential race pick up again. :)

Btw I DO BELIEVE this WILL BE a Brokered Convention, so
hi ho hi hooo it's off to a convention we go:)

Santana28
02-13-2008, 03:10 PM
if huckabee shows his strength and has even a remote possibility of beating mccain in delegates, then expect mccain to "up the ante" - he's probably already had the GOP call him to ask him to drop out "for the unity of the party" and that didnt work. it depends on how truly power hungry and blindly ambitious huckabee is... and i think he's probably more on both counts than mccain. if he gets too greedy, then i would expect the GOP to take him down via disparaging information that might come out through the media outlets, or some sort of bribe up to and including VP. at that point huck will go under.

i think the main thing to consider is this - romney dropped out more than likely at the GOP's request under the assumption that his supporters would flock to McCain - that didnt happen. If Huck drops out, they will still be under the erroneous assumption that his supporters will support McCain. *THAT* is when Ron Paul will pounce back into the main stream announcing that there is still ONE OPTION LEFT. and that is when people will be FORCED to decide whether they want to blindly support the party and vote for someone who they KNOW is not a "true" conservative and who they KNOW has betrayed them before.... or vote for the quirky "paleo-conservative" from texas and a return to SANE constitutionally-bound leadership. i think in the end people will vote their conscience. lets keep Ron Paul in this thing!

FortWorth38
02-13-2008, 03:13 PM
IMHO ...I think that for PR purposes he will play it safe .. then there will be another surge of fundraising.
Lots more will be transforming in the next 6 weeks.. (no I do not have a crystal ball)

I would hope Dr Ron is Interviewing his selection shortlist of staff he will need

And start a new buzz of excitement for a VP

Johncjackson
02-13-2008, 06:29 PM
There isnt that much money left or coming in. I don't know why people here think 5 million is a lot of money. You can blame the campaign for wasting money last quarter, but in terms of Presidential politics it was never much and a few million is nothing.