PDA

View Full Version : To our future national delegates.

affa
02-13-2008, 02:39 PM
Regardless of whether we have a brokered convention or not, I ask only one thing:

Make us proud.

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen to set brushfires in the peoples' minds."
- Samuel Adams

"In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
Martin Luther King Jr. (1929 - 1968)

"The name of American, which belongs to you, in your national capacity, must always exalt the just pride of Patriotism.... It should be the highest ambition of every American to extend his views beyond himself, and to bear in mind that his conduct will not only affect himself, his country, and his immediate posterity; but that its influence may be co-extensive with the world, and stamp political happiness or misery on ages yet unborn."
- George Washington

"At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act"
- George Orwell

The true danger is when liberty is nibbled away, for expedients, and by parts... the only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

"To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men."
- Abraham Lincoln

"It is not the function of our government to keep the citizen from falling into error, it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error."
- United States Supreme Court in American Communications Association v. Douds

"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
- Winston Churchill

"Any truth is better than make-believe ... rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth."
- Henry David Thoreau

"I know of no safe depository of the ultimate powers of society but the people themselves, and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them, but to inform their discretion."
- Thomas Jefferson

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies"
- Ron Paul

Cooter
02-13-2008, 02:47 PM
question about the state and national deligates. how them voting done? do they vote out in public or in a private booth like a normal vote in any election? would everyone know who didnt vote the way they were suppose to?

SwanMaiden
02-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Regardless of whether we have a brokered convention or not, I ask only one thing:

Make us proud.

Yes. I second this. Never forget who you are, or what you stand for.

affa
02-13-2008, 03:54 PM
Yes. I second this. Never forget who you are, or what you stand for.

exactly.

Banana
02-13-2008, 03:56 PM
Whoever gets to be a delegate should get together and organize an effort.

Draft up some resolutions. Make up planks. Modify the rules. Whatever to carry forward Paul's message.

affa
02-13-2008, 08:53 PM
Whoever gets to be a delegate should get together and organize an effort.

Draft up some resolutions. Make up planks. Modify the rules. Whatever to carry forward Paul's message.

anything and everything. including the kitchen sink.

Banana
02-13-2008, 09:05 PM
Exactly.

Some ideas... (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=118683)

Paul can still win the contest even if he doesn't get nomination! (By chaining the nominee to Paul's message, that is.)