PDA

View Full Version : McCain's melanoma and a brokered convention...

ChristianAnarchist
02-13-2008, 01:49 PM
Very little has been said about McCain's melanoma and this campaign. It's strange because in every other race, heath issues have always popped to the surface. Melanoma is a very deadly form of cancer that tends to metasticise to the entire body and the brain. McCain is known to have melanoma since 1993. Now it's quite a feat to have lived 15 years with KNOWN melanoma and not have it spread throughout the body. A quick search reveals that McCain had lesions removed in 93, 96, 2000, and 2002. This is a very serious history and one that should be an issue in this election. It may be that even now, McCain is showing signs of the spread of this deadly disease and perhaps Dr. Paul has seen signs of it since they share the same stage.

Quite frankly, I think a brokered convention is HIGHLY likely given the health issues McCain has...

WilliamC
02-13-2008, 01:52 PM
The best thing about the future is that no one knows what will happen in it.

McCain simply does not look very healthy to me.

Ex Post Facto
02-13-2008, 01:53 PM
Maybe this is what DR. Paul refers to when he says, 'there is information about the candidates, that may turn the course of this election.'

Channing
02-13-2008, 02:03 PM
Oh wow. I wish the man the best of health. But people need to know this when considering him for the Presidency. Melanoma, while easily treatable, is a very deadly form cancer if it is not kept under control.

Read this link:
http://latermeask.blogspot.com/2005/12/senator-john-mccain-next-president.html

wgadget
02-13-2008, 02:38 PM
Thanks for giving me visions of Doctor Paul peering over at John McCain, checking him out on stage, and diagnosing him as one SICK MAN.

ronpaulblogsdotcom
02-13-2008, 02:41 PM
Thanks for giving me visions of Doctor Paul peering over at John McCain, checking him out on stage, and diagnosing him as one SICK MAN.

hehe.

Thompson had cancer and they didnt talk about it. Didnt Ghooliani have Prostate Cancer?

Face it. The world has gone mad. Nothing seems to matter. Total cognitive dissonace from the train of 9/11, terror, aids, guns fear that is hyped everyday.

Laja
02-13-2008, 02:43 PM
Maybe this is what DR. Paul refers to when he says, 'there is information about the candidates, that may turn the course of this election.'

YES! This, and more....

Hancock1776
02-13-2008, 02:44 PM
I hate to be the morbid one, but in the unlikely event that McCain is incapacitated or worse by his health issues... what would a race between Paul and Huckabee look like?

Would Chuck Hagel swoop in at the last minute and take the nomination?

WilliamC
02-13-2008, 02:45 PM
I hate to be the morbid one, but in the unlikely event that McCain is incapacitated or worse by his health issues... what would a race between Paul and Huckabee look like?

No, Romney would.

Remember, he just suspended his campaign, he didn't end it.

nightlight
02-13-2008, 03:12 PM
My mother, who was a medical doctor for over three decades, would often describe interesting cases to my father (who was a surgeon before retiring) at the dinner table. On several occasions she said that after years of medical practice, she could kind of smell, or get sensation, that someone has a cancer within seconds of meeting them the first time and well before any examination or lab tests showed anything. She claimed that this sense never failed her. It may be that Dr. Paul along with many other old style (i.e. lots of personal contact & connection with patients), experienced doctors acquire that kind of intuitive cancer detector.

Ex Post Facto
02-13-2008, 03:18 PM
My mother, who was a medical doctor for over three decades, would often describe interesting cases to my father (who was a surgeon before retiring) at the dinner table. On several occasions she said that after years of medical practice, she could kind of smell, or get sensation, that someone has a cancer within seconds of meeting them the first time and well before any examination or lab tests showed anything. She claimed that this sense never failed her. It may be that Dr. Paul along with many other old style (i.e. lots of personal contact & connection with patients), experienced doctors acquire that kind of intuitive cancer detector.

Good point, they have dogs now that do the same thing. Why not people.

nate895
02-13-2008, 05:34 PM

It is mathematically impossible for anyone but McCain to secure the GOP nomination.

RonRules
02-13-2008, 06:10 PM
Bob Marley (The reggae guy) died of melanoma that stated on his toe! This disease has to be carefully monitored.

Some promising drugs are being experimented with like Medarex (MEDX)

TheMadCow
02-14-2008, 01:55 AM
YES! This, and more....

http://www.tothepointnews.com/content/view/3068/2/

Interesting thoughts about McCain's time in Vietnam.

ErikBlack
02-14-2008, 03:02 AM
McCain's not gonna win anyway so it really doesn't matter. He's the fall guy.

fabijo
02-14-2008, 08:04 AM
All I gotta say is, keep becoming delegates! :)

Fyretrohl
02-14-2008, 09:44 AM
It is mathematically impossible for anyone but McCain to secure the GOP nomination.

You are absolutely correct. The only one who is capable of winning the nomination at the booths, if the delegates do what is expected, is John McCain. However, that is NOT the same as saying he is the only one who can win the nomination. If he does not get the 1191 votes, then, the convention decides. So, please, stop the misinformation. McCain can still LOSE as easily as he can WIN.

WRellim
02-14-2008, 09:53 AM
Very little has been said about McCain's melanoma and this campaign. It's strange because in every other race, heath issues have always popped to the surface. Melanoma is a very deadly form of cancer that tends to metasticise to the entire body and the brain. McCain is known to have melanoma since 1993. Now it's quite a feat to have lived 15 years with KNOWN melanoma and not have it spread throughout the body. A quick search reveals that McCain had lesions removed in 93, 96, 2000, and 2002. This is a very serious history and one that should be an issue in this election. It may be that even now, McCain is showing signs of the spread of this deadly disease and perhaps Dr. Paul has seen signs of it since they share the same stage.

Quite frankly, I think a brokered convention is HIGHLY likely given the health issues McCain has...

Yeah but all a brokered convention means is Jebby Bush as candidate, with maybe Newt as VP.

FindLiberty
02-14-2008, 01:48 PM
The GOP is in for a big case of backlash sprinkled with whoopass from a nation of sheeple who still think there is a difference between the two major parties.

Anything can still happen between now and November, but almost everyone I've talked to gets a dreamy stare with glazed eyes, and sings or whispers, "Obama..."

Anyone (other than RP) who gets the throne, gets the blame!

I'm voting Ron Paul, even if I have to write it on the touch screen with a Sharpie.

ChristianAnarchist
02-14-2008, 01:49 PM
Yeah but all a brokered convention means is Jebby Bush as candidate, with maybe Newt as VP.

This is why we need to get as many "Ron Paul" delegates as possible. I know that many states vote on delegates in the months to come, so if you want to address the good Dr. as "Mr. President", get involved in your local republican party and try to become a delegate...

Goldwater Conservative
02-14-2008, 01:55 PM
This makes a McCain/Huckabee ticket all the more frightening, and is all the more reason Paul supporters should not be voting for Huckabee even to stop McCain.

MrCobaltBlue
02-14-2008, 09:07 PM
So wait, if Huck drops out and McCain suddenly becomes Ill, will CNN Report "The GOP Has No Nominee!"?

AmericasLastHope
02-14-2008, 09:16 PM
No, Romney would.

Remember, he just suspended his campaign, he didn't end it.

Actually, Romney released his delegates and endorsed McCain.

Pauliana
02-14-2008, 09:26 PM
What if the conservative wing (ie Rush, Coulter, et al) could be convinced to finally LISTEN to RP and see him as a cleansing influence to John McCain as VP. McCain is not long for this world. RP has the real age of someone in their 50's because of his diet/excercise. RP maxxes and relaxxes, attends state funerals, whatever, until he steps into the oval office, LBJ style. Or something like that...

With RP on a VP ticket, I'd totally vote McCain. And that's the ONLY way they get my vote at this point. And conservatives have this one last chance to listen to Isaiah.

ChristianAnarchist
02-17-2008, 04:38 PM

Who cares if it is McNazi, Jebbie, or Clinton? They're all the same. Our only chance for change is the good Dr. Ron Paul...

jstmike
02-21-2008, 09:38 AM
I know this video will be hard to watch but look at his left check. Look how much makeup they had to put on that thing:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/19/feb19.contests/index.html#cnnSTCVideo

ChristianAnarchist
02-27-2008, 10:36 AM
I started this thread with my concerns that McNazi may have to back out due to health problems but now there's ethics problems as well. Even Romney is considering re-entering the race so there's something brewing behind the scenes...

"Josh Romney, one of Mitt Romney’s sons, made some news by suggesting that his father could return this election cycle as either a vice-presidential candidate or as a presidential candidate (if John McCain’s campaign “falters”)."