PDA

View Full Version : wisconsin ignored

Craig_R
02-13-2008, 12:59 PM
I hear obamalama ads every 30 seconds, hitlery ads every 45 seconds.
have yet to hear a paul ad since the iowa caucus.

Its getting pretty bleak here in WI.
I'm doing what I can to get votes next tuesday, but an ad or visit would really help morale

thanks for listening to me whine ;)

see you in DC

hopeforamerica
02-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Are you phone canvassing? At this point in the game it is the fastest most effective way to reach people. Worry about what you can control. I'm not saying you aren't doing something, but just a suggestion on how to turn the most votes you can before the election in your state.

malibu
02-13-2008, 01:21 PM
Get out any signs and bumper stickers you have - talk to people in grocery store lines and at coffeeshops -
get people to recognize they are getting no information from the mainstream media really.

Let them know there will be Ron Paul delegates from Iowa at the national convention in September, and that McCain assuming he has won the nomination is a slap in the face of every state that has NOT yet voted yet.

Have your vote be heard and counted - not by the presumptiveness of McCain and the media.

Bruno
02-13-2008, 01:26 PM
Are you phone canvassing? At this point in the game it is the fastest most effective way to reach people. Worry about what you can control. I'm not saying you aren't doing something, but just a suggestion on how to turn the most votes you can before the election in your state.

One of the cheapest and most effective things you can do, as long as you have a land line or an unlimited calling plan.

If you haven't already done so, pick up the phone book and start calling.

Craig_R
02-13-2008, 01:46 PM
I'm cell only with 500 minutes, plus I dont have a texas 14th district telephone book.

cheap shot I know.

I'm not happy today

deedles
02-13-2008, 01:50 PM
I haven't heard of any official ads yet, either. Our meetup has radio ads going on the christian radio station and inserts coming out today in 7 local papers in our area. We are going door to door, but nothing from national. It's a bummer.

phoenixzorn
02-13-2008, 01:51 PM
Really though, I've seen Obama commercials, I've seen Hillary commercials, McCain commercials, and Huckaboo Commercials, but no Ron Paul ads in Wisconsin, and we're the ones who started the "We won't support McCain for the GOP" thing. (Thanks Heather)

We need Ron to run TV Ads in Wisconsin... Wisconsin is a Purple State... we have a Democrat governor, a whole shitload of democrat representatives, democrat senators, and we've voted democrat in the last 2 presidential elections... We have a few republicans in the US House, and a couple in the State House and Senate... but this state votes Democrat, and those that vote republican will vote for the front runner unless they are given options...

What is Ron doing with the 6 million he has left in the bank? Why spend $700,000 in one state, and nothing at all in another state. He's not even COMING to Wisconsin... Last night, Obama was at the Kohl Center in Madison last night in front of a crowd of 16000+... last words, "Yes we can!" Today, Obama is touring the GM manufacturing plant near here, and then he's going to Milwaukee later.

It's sickening that Ron hasn't done ANYTHING in Wisconsin at all. Why say he's staying in, then not do anything to get votes? I think if he had advertised here, Ron Paul would have won Wisconsin....

nateerb
02-13-2008, 02:30 PM
This state turned out very well for Libertarian Ed Thompson. You'd think the campaign would know that and RP could get some traction here.

But alas, when you have a guy running for President who doesn't want the job - IMHO he just wants the message out there - then you get no visits or ads in Wisconsin.

raystone
02-13-2008, 02:47 PM
For those suggesting canvassing, calls, etc. Wisconsin grassroots is doing that and much more, see

http://www.alcpac.com/about.html

Billboard
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=117969&highlight=stevens+point

www.manofcommonsense.com

anti-McCain Resolution
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=118616&highlight=mccain+resolution

etc....

Some of us in WI were just hoping for some official campaign support. A little campaign money from what is left spent in the state.

alarga
02-13-2008, 03:20 PM
Is WI a winner take all state leaning towards McCain?

Then consider this strategy:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=120040

Craig_R
02-13-2008, 03:27 PM
yes, we're a winner take all PRIMARY state. Delegates are bound by the primary as well.

s35wf
02-13-2008, 03:31 PM
if your wta then thats why he hasn't running ads there, yea i know it sort of sucks, im in FL. No tv ads were run here that i know of; but just keep pushing on and remember TX is VERY important cuz if we lose TX we lose the country cuz thats where the standoff between the texans, the mexicans, and the NAFTA Superhighway IS!

Peace.
Ron Paul R3Volution; Long May it Live!

Craig_R
02-13-2008, 03:39 PM
if your wta then thats why he hasn't running ads there, yea i know it sort of sucks, im in FL. No tv ads were run here that i know of; but just keep pushing on and remember TX is VERY important cuz if we lose TX we lose the country cuz thats where the standoff between the texans, the mexicans, and the NAFTA Superhighway IS!

Peace.
Ron Paul R3Volution; Long May it Live!

well its a probably a bit late for ads, and many of us on the ground have been spreading the word of mouth, however it would be nice for morale to hold at least one rally in every state.

with no appearance and no ads its pretty hard to convince people that he's really in it to win it. especially after that whole email debacle and the reporting that he's now just running for his house seat again. Sad to say but it looks that way to me as well. while It is important to retain his house seat it is equally important to do as well as possible in every state of the union on the presidential front.

Galileo Galilei
02-13-2008, 04:18 PM
In 2002, Libertarian Party candidate Ed Thompson (brother of Wisconsin governor Tommy Thompson), got 11% of the vote:

STATEWIDE OPINION SURVEY OF 1,000 WISCONSON VOTERS
WHO PARTICIPATED IN THE 2002 ELECTION
Conducted November 20 & 21, 2002
http://www.edthompson.com/pollresults.php

"4* Did you vote for Republican Scott McCallum, Democrat Jim Doyle, Libertarian Ed Thompson, or Green candidate Jim Young?

41% Scott McCallum
45% Jim Doyle
11% Ed Thompson
3% Jim Young"

The Libertarian Party candidate had a better favorable versus unfavorable rating than the Democrat and Republican:

POLL: SUPPORT FOR THOMPSON MUCH HIGHER THAN 10.5%
http://www.edthompson.com/displayPress.php?which=137

"I'm going to read you a short list of names. For each, please let me know if you have a favorable or an unfavorable opinion of that person.

Scott McCallum

38% Favorable
55% Unfavorable
8% Not sure
-17% Favorable Rating (Fav. minus Unfav.)

Jim Doyle

44% Favorable
45% Unfavorable
11% Not sure
-1% Favorable Rating (Fav. minus Unfav.)

Ed Thompson

39% Favorable
39% Unfavorable
23% Not sure
0% Favorable Rating (Fav. minus Unfav.)"

Wisconsin has an open primary where you can register at the polls. You need only live in Wisconsin for ten days to vote. Also, if you have been convicted of a crime, you can vote if you have served your probation.

[imagine what would happen if all the people busted in the unconstitutional war on drugs voted for the only candidate who defends the U.S. Constitution?]

This should be a good state for Ron Paul.