PDA

View Full Version : Where have Grassroots efforts been HELPFUL???

affa
02-13-2008, 12:22 PM
Everywhere.

Grassroots (noun)
The common or ordinary people, esp. as contrasted with the leadership or elite of a political party, social organization, etc.; the rank and file.
-dictionary.com

In other words - a decentralized movement where individuals and groups of individuals support a movement through their many varied actions.

This movement IS wildly successful. There is no past tense. We are moving forward. We are collecting delegates. We are planning Marches. We have a game plan, and we are not quitting.

There have been those who will criticize each effort every step of the way. Money bombs, the march, the blimp, heck, even donating to the national campaign... if you come up with an idea, you can be certain of one thing - some here will consistently criticize it as loudly as they can.

Here's the secret:
We are an amazing success story. We are winning hearts and minds every day.

And that's thanks to every last bit of effort. That's thanks to the money bombs and the blimps. That's thanks to the guys who made those Ron Paul Patriot signs for the superbowl and those who made incredible Youtube videos. That's thanks to people supporting letter writing campaigns and people canvassing door to door. Every idea, every effort, contributed to the whole. That's thanks to everyone, from all walks of life, coming together and making this happen.

And understand this - we are Ron Paul's message. Decentralized. Try everything under the sun and see what sticks. Push, work, try, believe. Push harder, work harder, try harder, believe.

Sure, some efforts are more successful than others. But that reasoning has a critical flaw - what was and is truly important is that we kept trying new and wonderful ways to spread the message.

We are still here and we are not going away. We are not closing up camp. We're just digging in our heels. Preparing.

"This is just the beginning" - Ron Paul

affa
02-13-2008, 12:34 PM
bump

Misesian
02-13-2008, 12:38 PM
American colonists gaining independance from the british.

repeal of the income tax after the civil war.

repeal of prohibition.

civil rights.

fall of the berlin wall.

syrian troop withdrawal from lebanon.

Ron Paul r3VOLution

AlbemarleNC0003
02-13-2008, 12:39 PM
Good luck. I started this same thread this morning. It fell off the page pretty quick with only a few views and responses.

Fundraising, canvassing, educating. Those were the most common answers. Seems we'd rather argue amongst ourselves than determine what works and what doesn't.

DeanToPaulIn4Years
02-13-2008, 12:39 PM
C-Span callers and web board supporters who focused on the message and the issues and ignored the haters as much as possible.

kickzman
02-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Everywhere but the voting, where its hard to changed since its rigged for anyone named Ron Paul.=/

affa
02-13-2008, 12:57 PM
Good luck. I started this same thread this morning. It fell off the page pretty quick with only a few views and responses.

Fundraising, canvassing, educating. Those were the most common answers. Seems we'd rather argue amongst ourselves than determine what works and what doesn't.

My post was mostly rhetorical. It was a direct response to all the negative posts of late, especially the one titled the same as mine but with the word HARMFUL instead of HELPFUL.

AlbemarleNC0003
02-13-2008, 01:00 PM
My post was mostly rhetorical. It was a direct response to all the negative posts of late, especially the one titled the same as mine but with the word HARMFUL instead of HELPFUL.

I was doing the same idea. I just wanted answers into what works versus complaining about what doesn't. We're pretty much on the same page. :)