PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the board is back up

csen
08-11-2007, 11:08 AM
Anyone know what happened?

Keith
08-13-2007, 12:46 PM
I heard that they had a hard drive crash, and were in Iowa so it took a while to get back home to fix it. Either way I am glad it is back.

JoshLowry
08-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Yep, just got back home from Iowa about 2 hours ago.

Apologies for the down time...

We had a hard drive fail and had to install a new one and get the data copied over.

Luckily the hard drive didn't completely die. :)

ghemminger
08-13-2007, 12:48 PM
What happened Josh did all the Tr4affic crash the site?

CAKochenash
08-13-2007, 12:49 PM
thx josh

Keith
08-13-2007, 12:49 PM

We had a hard drive fail and had to install a new one and get the data copied over.

I just want to thank you for providing this valuable resource. When the constitution is reinstated and the republic is restored you will be one of the people who get a big thank you.

ghemminger
08-13-2007, 12:50 PM
You might want to assess your focus JoSH...Just think....did you have more impact for RP in Iowa or here at the Servers....:)

JoshLowry
08-13-2007, 12:50 PM
What happened Josh did all the Tr4affic crash the site?

Most likely just a faulty hard drive that happened to crash at the most inconvient of times. Figures...

thx josh

<3

JoshLowry
08-13-2007, 12:51 PM
Oh yea, I got my picture in the WP: http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2007/08/11/pauls_online_support_put_to_of.html

:bragging rights:

;)

im_a_pepper
08-13-2007, 12:52 PM
I hope I'm not alone, I had serious withdrawal. My Ron Paul info routine was crippled and i found myself scouring google. Glad your back.

ghemminger
08-13-2007, 12:53 PM
Oh yea, I got my picture in the WP: http://blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2007/08/11/pauls_online_support_put_to_of.html

;)

WOW What a handsome Devil..:D

beermotor
08-13-2007, 12:53 PM
glad to have it back up - I was starting to get the shakes!

militant
08-13-2007, 12:55 PM
fantastic. josh, i was going to offer to send you a 160gb SATA i had laying around, but seems you got it under control. much appreciation for running this for us. let me know if you need any hardware or any help covering bandwidth costs... i didn't realize how much i relied on this site until it went down.

lucius
08-13-2007, 12:56 PM
Thank you!

-l

risiusj
08-13-2007, 12:58 PM
I'm just curious what the situation was.
I know there were many others starving to be on these forums like myself.

SWATH
08-13-2007, 12:59 PM

;)

Whoa...are you...Ron Paul?

CAKochenash
08-13-2007, 01:00 PM
read the other posts...amazing what you'd find

ctb619
08-13-2007, 01:00 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=11994

LibertyEagle
08-13-2007, 01:01 PM

Welcome back, Josh. You and the other folks, really did great in Iowa. Thank you!

JoshLowry
08-13-2007, 01:01 PM
Hard drive failure on the day of the Straw Poll of all days...!

Anyone hear me talk about it on Ron Paul Radio?

CAKochenash
08-13-2007, 01:03 PM
i did not...i was watching what jeff was doing for most of the day...

jmarinara

Thank you sir!!

JoshLowry
Whoa...are you...Ron Paul?

One on the right! We had a Houston crew of 9 come up and do a little damage.

I missed posting on the forums while I was gone, I will have some catching up to do... Heard there was some drama with new mods?

Looks like everything is operational now with forums, I've got to run a few errands.

See you guys and gals around!

<3

MsDoodahs
08-13-2007, 01:06 PM
Great pic, Josh!

Glad the forum is back up - I also went into serious withdrawal. :eek:

AcidReign
08-13-2007, 01:06 PM
Thank you for all the work you have done on this forum. It really is the heart beat of this movement.

Man from La Mancha
08-13-2007, 01:07 PM

;)

which one are you?:)

Have you thought as to some sort of Raid hardrive solution for the future?

Kregener
08-13-2007, 01:09 PM
Why, oh WHY must I see conspiracy in everything...

mconder
08-13-2007, 01:14 PM

Have you thought about installing a RAID card and a second hard drive for mirroring? For a second I thought I would be forever stuck with the trolls at ronpaulforum.com

DeadheadForPaul
08-13-2007, 01:14 PM

yes. And the conspiracy theorists still did not buy it :rolleyes:

BLS
08-13-2007, 01:20 PM

I asked you this on the other board...do you not have a raid 5 array on that server?

Ron Paul Fan
08-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Thank God this one is back up. The other forum was ok, but the mods went on power trips and were banning people left and right for no good reason. This forum is a lot more relaxed and more active. Thank you Josh for getting back online. Someone should let people know that this forum is back up on the other forum and tell them what Ron Paul would, Just come home. We just marched in, so we can just come home.

nullvalu
08-13-2007, 01:23 PM
yay.. my online home sweet home... :D

Mani
08-13-2007, 01:30 PM
I must have checked to see if we were back online a million times.

Is it back up yet? Nope
3 seconds later...Is it back up yet?...Nope...
Wait a minute...Why do I keep checking? Maybe Josh is in Ames right now, if there is a problem, he won't be able to fix it until he's back in a day or two...
10 seconds later...Is it back up yet?...Nope...

maiki
08-13-2007, 01:34 PM
yay! forum back up!

mconder
08-13-2007, 01:36 PM
The other forum was ok, but the mods went on power trips and were banning people left and right for no good reason.

My account was banned on the other forum. I asked them why, and they said they couldn't find the reason.

angelatc
08-13-2007, 01:40 PM

Yes indeed. I wondered if you were responding to my pathetic and desperate call to your sister. :)

Ron Paul Fan
The other forum was ok, but the mods went on power trips and were banning people left and right for no good reason.

My account was banned on the other forum. I asked them why, and they said they couldn't find the reason.

All I said was that I liked this forum better than theirs and some regular over there told the Administrator to ban me and he did. That was it, I was gone. It seems like quite a few people had problems over there and I'm just glad this one is back so we can have some semblance of freedom.

Perry

Are you going to switch to raid 1? I sure hope so. That is the second important event in a row that the server went down. This board is important to those of us who don't have a life.:D

LibertyEagle
08-13-2007, 01:59 PM
All I said was that I liked this forum better than theirs and some regular over there told the Administrator to ban me and he did. That was it, I was gone. It seems like quite a few people had problems over there and I'm just glad this one is back so we can have some semblance of freedom.

You told them their forum sucked. I imagine it ticked 'em off. LOL. :p

Ron Paul Fan
08-13-2007, 02:08 PM

LOL! Was I very far off in my assessment? I tell it like it is and I'm surprised the Administrator didn't give me any leeway for just joining the forum or any warning whatsoever. I've never gotten a warning here, but other people have said that they at least get warnings from the mods here when they are crossing the line. But that's over now and we can now resume our goal of spreading Ron Paul's message on the best and most dedicated forum on the internet.

nullvalu
08-13-2007, 02:10 PM
no that forum DID suck.. and all 800,000 of it's concurrent users, too..

Purrkie
08-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Yes indeed. I wondered if you were responding to my pathetic and desperate call to your sister. :)

You weren't the only one! :) It wasn't the least bit desperate or pathetic though!

angelatc
08-13-2007, 02:54 PM
Are you Josh's sister !?! Thanks for calling him for us! I have his cell phone number, but of course it was only stored on the board. I have changed that, but I pray that I will never use it again.

Syren123
08-13-2007, 02:55 PM
Why, oh WHY must I see conspiracy in everything...

LOL! Well...if it walks like a duck....:D

PennCustom4RP
08-13-2007, 03:12 PM
I too am glad this forum is back up. Like everyone, I had same withdrawels. I went to the other forum, but while that was ok, was kinda like screwing someone elses wife, fun enough, but still uncomfortable...;)

thx Josh.

Purrkie
08-13-2007, 03:24 PM
Are you Josh's sister !?! Thanks for calling him for us! I have his cell phone number, but of course it was only stored on the board. I have changed that, but I pray that I will never use it again.

:D

sunny
08-13-2007, 03:42 PM

yeah LOL!!!

JasonD
08-15-2007, 12:53 AM

I don't know anything about sysadmin, but was wondering if the whole forum is backed-up in the event of a major crash. There's a lot of great info on here we wouldn't want to lose.