PDA

View Full Version : letter to the editor

golfboy
02-13-2008, 10:47 AM
just brainstorming some stuff...here's what i've got so far.

Ron Paul is the only true conservative left

only anti war

perfect record on cutting taxes and spending

voted against patriot act and war in iraq

supported stronger anti-terrorism measures

strong supporter of 2nd amendment rights

free markets in health care

lock down boarder and remove strong economic incentives for illegal immigration and smuggling.

protect social security commitments and phase it out

no federal involvement in education: it is better handled at a state level

Monetary policy: The best thing we can do right now is take our medicine and raise interest rates to prevent runaway inflation.

Protect privacy: no national id card, revoke patriot act

opponents: pro war, pro spending, pro amnesty

iranian oil bourse?

ron paul is a doctor and a congressman of X years of service to the military and x congressional terms.

The baby boomer generation has saddled my generation with 9 trillion dollars in debt. Please start making the right choices and fixing the mistakes.

i need to turn this into about a 300ish word essay so i can submit it to my local newspaper.

are there any points i'm missing? I'd like to put together a rock solid letter to the editor to sway and wake up people, but at the same time not go off the deep end.

golfboy
02-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Ron Paul is a true conservative running for president. I support him because of his strong platform. He is a medical doctor who served in the military, and has served in congress in the 1970's. He is the only presidential candidate that supported Ronald Reagan from the beginning of his campaign. He is the only candidate that will adopt a non-intervenionalist foreign policy. This means that we can bring our soldiers home and shore up our military defenses. On the economy, Ron Paul a student of the Mises Institute and Austrian economics, and he is a strong supporter of cutting spending and taxes. He proposed letters of marque and reprisal in order to effectively combat terrorism, and started the procedure to have congress properly declare war on Iraq. One big issue in Nebraska is illegal immigration, and Ron Paul is the only candidate who will to remove economic incentives for illegal immigration. He supports state rights on issues that are best handled at the local level such as education and other social services. I am proud to support a candidate with a strong platform on every issue, and I will support Ron Paul all the way to the Republican National Convention. Isn't it about time that we started supporting candidates for their ideas?