PDA

View Full Version : Too many sub-forums spreads this place too thin

Delivered4000
05-24-2007, 04:03 PM
Who else thinks that too many sub-forums is a bad idea?

llamabread
05-24-2007, 04:05 PM
They've been playing around with it for awhile. You should probably PM them about it, since it has been changing almost daily.

Delivered4000
05-24-2007, 04:06 PM
My theory is that if all the people meet in one main forum, it will have a lot more momentum than if it was if it was spread out into many subforums. You'd have more people participating per thread. But the users here are still only viewing the main forum anyway.

JoshLowry
05-24-2007, 04:07 PM
We're experimenting, thanks for your input. We are open to all suggestions.

We have actually gotten a number of responses to spread the forum out from the main chattery news forum.

The main forum moves a bit fast for your average user to keep up with.

Like I said it's a WIP. :)

Melchior
05-24-2007, 04:07 PM
I personally don't think so. This place doesn't have low traffic, so having ten or so forums for different subjects is fine.

Maybe only a few should be Ron Paul oriented, and have other forums for just politics and other such discussion.

Also, we could do something about the color scheme... I mean pink and baby blue? :p

tekkierich
05-24-2007, 04:08 PM
I like it. The main forum is too crowded. Things do not stay on the front page unless they have been bumped in the last two hours. Hard to keep up that way if you have been away from the computer for a day or more.

Bryan
05-24-2007, 04:17 PM
The latest change with additional sub-forums reflects the desire for people to take action to get Dr. Paul elected beyond discussion the latest news- which is still important. Having dedicated sub-forums allows for those interested to keep a good focus on the task that they are interested in.

"Ron Paul News & Discussion" should be the forum that has the momentum build up, the "Issues for America" is a good way for people new to Ron Paul to see what questions have been asked about his position and providing information on them. The "General Politics and other" is the catch-all for other discussions. The "Best of" is the place for those short on time.

We are very interested in everyones thoughts and ideas. Ilamabread is right, things have been changing a bit as we deal with the growing pains of having 7,500 posts in under two weeks. It's been great, keep it up everyone!