rancher89
03-28-2008, 09:36 AM
shamelessly bumped!!!

rancher89
04-04-2008, 05:21 AM
yet again!!!!

slacker921
04-04-2008, 06:03 AM
Sat April 5 7PM is Cabarrus Reagan dinner..

MozoVote
04-05-2008, 06:08 PM
7th District Convention was today (Wilmington-Lumberton-Fayetteville) ... Wonder when we'll hear any reports from there

MozoVote
04-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Saw this in the Wilmington Meetup... Posted around 11:30pm, sounds like the 7th District Convention went really late:

Hey everybody who showed up to vote today was awesome. Especially awesome performance Tom and Curtis at the end. We need more moments like that. The results were not what we hoped for but I think we have an opportunity to influence the party in a major way moving forward. We must now turn our attention toward speaking out more and not compromising.

They did elect one Ron Paul alternate, but were out-gunned by the party longtimers on the convention delegates.

MozoVote
04-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Looks like April 26 is the NC Convention "Demolition Derby" - 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 10th, 11th, and 13th districts will all convene at once.

Kludge
04-09-2008, 04:13 PM
Saturday, April 5
• Moore County Lincoln Day Dinner
• 10:30 am : 7th District Convention
• 6:00 pm : Burke County Lincoln Dinner
• 6:30 pm : Avery County Lincoln/Reagan Day Dinner

Ewwwwe.... Neocons

Bradley in DC
04-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Bumping for Brunswick & Scotland County Republican Women! :)

rancher89
04-09-2008, 06:22 PM
April 12th is big too, 9th, 8th and my 12th district

The 12th district leader issued a statement that only those who had attended more than one 12th dist meeting would qualify for consideration for nomination to national. Check out the schedule

http://www.nc12thdistrictgop.org/home.html

sounds like they'd welcome all doesn't it? But there is no other listing for their calendar, no past events. I'm here to tell you when I checked out the site in Jan, there was one event in Feb, and the district convention didn't get scheduled until late March. And then the NC GOP had the wrong date and contact info....

of course, I deleted the email, sometimes I could just kick myself, there's nothing on the official site about that.......

MozoVote
04-12-2008, 11:14 AM
Ninth district is done!

This went much like the Mecklenburg county convention did, with party leaders taking the national delegate positions.

Delegates:

Ken Nelson had the best showing on the Paul slate, with 25 votes versus the Mecklenburg county chairman, who got 51 votes for 3rd place. The district chair took 2nd with 55 and a delegate from Union county took the lead.

The best you could say here, was that the Paul bloc knocked Mecklenburg County down a few pegs. (Normally the Mecklenburg nominees lead the smaller counties, due to the population advantage of the Charlotte metro.) So it's a minor embarrasment. Ken did get some good jabs in, though - that the party was drifting away from Goldwater and Reagan's message, and that's why it lost in 2006. (Hint: McCain is more of the same.)

Resolutions:

A resolution in favor of all of NC's Representatives becoming co-sponsors to the Enumerated Powers Act passed unanimously. So there's some hope for party rank and file, they will join forces with Paulites on some things.

A resolution denouncing the Security and Prosperity Partnership, specifically mentioning the things it does in secret and without Congressional approval, also passed by a wide margin.

A resolution to make specific invitations to state convention for all presidential nominees in the NC preference primary passed (I think with 48 votes and a handful of Nays). NC party chair Linda Daves was present - and she said this has already been done, so it was unnecesary and not binding, and that presidential candidates won't usually attend a state convention. Still, the large number of yes votes, does express some frustration I think from the party membership that NC is so routinely ignored.

A resolution in favor of a Constitutional Right-to-Life amendment passed easily, as did one condemning embryonic stem cell research. There was some debate on the wording of these.. but both had "Questions Called" to shut off debate and passed.

A Ron Paul supporter tried to introduce a resolution expressly stating that NC voters have the right to cast paper ballots, but this needed a 2/3 vote to bring to the floor, and was defeated for debate at 40 to 27.

All in all, it was an interesting experience, but I hope 12th and 8th had better luck on the national delegates. :cool:

slacker921
04-13-2008, 07:58 AM
Folks.. if your county hasn't had its convention already then you MUST get to the county GOP meetings and drag as many warm bodies with you as you can.. get them involved. Then go to the county and district conventions.

This is critical why? In the 8th district we could have sent 3 delegates to the national convention if we'd just had another 25 Paul supporters there. As it is we got none.

MozoVote
04-13-2008, 08:10 AM
Slacker is right. What we've seen already in the 4 districts that have voted, is that a winning margin could have been found, if people were just a little more motivated.

Charlotte supposedly has 160 meetup members, we should have dominated the convention. But unfortunately there's a lot of deadwood in there who would not register as Republican, or show up.

I do think at least 3/4 or more of the members who were at county convention did come back to district, though. So it can be said, that we do have a "hard base" among the GOP camps.