PDA

View Full Version : Invite Rage Against The Machine?

Lou337
02-13-2008, 09:35 AM
Just a thought. They recently got back together. Wondering if it's possible to invite them and if it would help in any way. Maybe with coverage or to get more people interested in going? :cool:

Lou337
02-13-2008, 10:09 AM
Any ideas? At all? Comments?

micahnelson
02-13-2008, 10:13 AM
I like it, anything to scare bureaucrats

tvpro
02-13-2008, 10:13 AM
RATM are lefty commies...

Lou337
02-13-2008, 10:18 AM
Maybe, but they turn out crowds.

answin
02-13-2008, 10:23 AM
I think we should try to get any and all artists that have endorsed Paul, if they haven't but still agree with Paul (Like John Mayer).. get them too.

First we need a date though before people begin asking these people to come to the march. They do have busy schedules :)

Lou337
02-13-2008, 10:25 AM
Oh, ya I know they are busy especially as they are getting back together. Just a debate thread as to whether it would be good or bad to invite them.

thoughtbombing
02-13-2008, 10:44 AM
Get on youtube and watch the video of RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE 2000 DNC

I was there for that RIOT... nuff said... RIOT.

MalcolmGandi
02-13-2008, 10:53 AM
I love RATM, but I don't know about having them play... just doesn't seem to fit. Maybe Damien Marley.

obsolescence
02-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Rage Against the Machine are far left. I don't think they'd like Ron Paul's pro-individual liberty message..

Joseph Hart
02-13-2008, 10:56 AM
I would like to see a stage setup for several bands.
John Mayer
Rage Against the Machine
Michael Franti and Spearhead
Jack Johnson

Gadsden Flag
02-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Why do we want communists playing at a Libertarian rally?

Winston
02-13-2008, 11:24 AM
They are extremely marxist/statist and and pretty racist in some of what they say. Their music is great and they have some lyrics that really hit home, but I wouldnt want to endorse them, and I am not sure what people would be drawn to them.

mczerone
02-13-2008, 11:27 AM
Why do we want communists playing at a Libertarian rally?

For that matter, why do we want Rock Bands at a Republican Rally?

What country artists could we get? Willie?

And Blues would be good. Maybe some adult-contemporary (Manilow-ish)?

But overall this begs the question - what is the Tone of the march? Is it just going to be a couple a speeches, is there going to be time/place for entertainment?

ToryNotion
02-13-2008, 11:33 AM
RATM are taking their clues on Ron Paul from Noam Chomsky not from a love for liberty.

skeet
02-13-2008, 11:52 AM
anarchists and leftists v. libertarians and conservatives

RATM - would be a dangerous guest - They would certainly draw a crowd, but not sure if it is the crowd we want. It could get ugly.

imho

SimpleName
02-13-2008, 12:15 PM
Terrible idea really. They have no true love for capitalism and freedom. They disguise their views as such through the same tactics liberals always do, but they don't know what they are talking about.

josh24601
02-13-2008, 12:16 PM
Yeah great idea! We should try to think of more communists!

I like Rage, but please. I like Snoop and I wouldn't invite him either. Well maybe to legalize it... Hmmm.....

thoughtbombing
02-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Terrible idea really. They have no true love for capitalism and freedom. They disguise their views as such through the same tactics liberals always do, but they don't know what they are talking about.

what a crock of shit... disagreement doen't mean they they don't know what they are talking about. they're educated very much, they just have a different philosophy. I'm kinda tired of hearing that leftists have no clue what they are talking about... neither do we then. Jesus Christ. They do what they do, you do what you do... neither of you is right, it's just a different philosophy for a different result... we disagree on the results we would like to see. no sense in pretending they are stupid because they don't share your personal ideology.

flames2dust77
02-13-2008, 12:29 PM
I'm a huge fan. (see sig) BUT....uummm, when I listen to their music...it's to get me pumped or because I'm pissed off. I just feel like it's too hardcore for some of the ppl that are going to be there. Talk about a crowd shifting energy. RATM would do it....and I'm not sure that's what we want. They are called RAGE for a reason. Those are some angry lyrics Zack spits.

thoughtbombing
02-13-2008, 12:31 PM
I'm a huge fan. (see sig) BUT....uummm, when I listen to their music...it's to get me pumped or because I'm pissed off. I just feel like it's too hardcore for some of the ppl that are going to be there. Talk about a crowd shifting energy. RATM would do it....and I'm not sure that's what we want. They are called RAGE for a reason. Those are some angry lyrics Zack spits.

More for Gore or the son of a Drug Lord... none of the above... fuck it, cut the chord... LIGHTS OUT... RON PAUL RADIO.... tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurn thaaaaaaaaat shiiiiiiiiiit up!

flames2dust77
02-13-2008, 12:38 PM
More for Gore or the son of a Drug Lord... none of the above... fuck it, cut the chord... LIGHTS OUT... RON PAUL RADIO.... tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurn thaaaaaaaaat shiiiiiiiiiit up!

hahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! love it. one of my faves:)

frankdogg
02-13-2008, 12:45 PM
"It has to start somewhere.
It has to start sometime.
What better place than here.
What better time than now.
All hell cant stop us now!
All hell cant stop us now!"

I have to agree... I love RATM... for lifting weights to or getting so angry I want to smash stuff... but i'm not quite sure that is the route we want a million people in one place going... :) They definitely fire me up though!

flames2dust77
02-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Terror's tha product ya push/
Well I'm a truth addict, aaaaaaw shit, I gotta headrush/
Sheep tremble and here come tha votes/
Thrown from tha throat, new cages and scapegoats
Undressed and blessed by tha Lord
Tha same devil that ran around Managua wit a sword.....

Yeeaah. I think I'm going to pull up my RAGE playlist now. Love them.

frankdogg
02-13-2008, 01:12 PM
totally forgot rudy was in the beginning of this music video rage put out a while back..

http://musicbox.sonybmg.com/video-player/rage-against-the-machine/sleep-now-in-the-fire