PDA

View Full Version : We can't afford this!

Sarge
02-13-2008, 09:33 AM
I saw this posted in another thread where most will not see it.

http://www.newswithviews.com/Kincaid/cliff207.htm

Might use this to sway some voter's.

And do you feel the people would see the money from the UN? They haven't in the past.

Just bankrupt everyone here Obama.

FortWorth38
02-13-2008, 09:40 AM
If this gets passed we all will be living on Less than $1.00 (amero) per day

Fire the Senators.... Should we start Drug testing them as well??
I think there should be a Breathalyzer hooked up to the Voting Button
NO BLOW NO VOTE

WilliamC
02-13-2008, 09:40 AM
The National Taxpayers Union did a study on what each candidates campaign promises would cost if implemented.

Obama was the highest at ~280 billion dollars.

Obamabankruptcy is what we will get if he is elected.

phoenixzorn
02-13-2008, 09:57 AM
Send the link to your local conservative talk show hosts... I have Satellite Radio guys covered...

LukeNM
02-13-2008, 09:58 AM
Here are the numbers from the National Taxpayers Union.

Barack Obama $287.0 billion
Hillary Clinton $218.2 billion
Mike Huckabee $54.2 billion
John McCain $6.9 billion
Ron Paul -$150.1 billion

hopeforamerica
02-13-2008, 10:09 AM
This country is like a bunch addicts craving the nanny state. We have to hit bottom before recovery will begin. It's so sad, and very avoidable, but no one will listen! I hope that every one of us has prepared for the tough financial times that we are headed for. And I hope that the rest of the ignorant and stubborn population feel the pain and wake the heck up!

JAM824A
02-13-2008, 10:27 AM

John McCain $6.9 billion
Ron Paul -$150.1 billion

What are those numbers for...?

hopeforamerica
02-13-2008, 10:39 AM
What are those numbers for...?

How much their policies would cost us. Notice Ron Paul is the only one saving money!! We have an enormous debt and the rest want to add to it. Why oh why is our country so blind?

thePhilosopher
02-13-2008, 10:43 AM
Guys, Obama is going to run the economy on hope and change. You don't need sound fiscal policy when you have those! It'll be fine!

FortWorth38
02-13-2008, 10:46 AM
IMMHO :D
HOPE & CHANGE= PILLOW TALK

kaleidoscope eyes
02-13-2008, 10:46 AM
Guys, Obama is going to run the economy on hope and change. You don't need sound fiscal policy when you have those! It'll be fine!
sigh, I can't believe I used to support Obamination before I woke up.

hopeforamerica
02-13-2008, 10:53 AM
sigh, I can't believe I used to support Obamination before I woke up.

Welcome to the correct side! You can't unlearn the truth, but you can sure spread it!

billjarrett
02-13-2008, 10:54 AM

I just looked in my 401k offerings, I don't seem to have the Hope and Change Fund as an option to invest in, am I screwed? :eek:

Pauliana
02-13-2008, 10:55 AM

John McCain $6.9 billion
Ron Paul -$150.1 billion

Obama is the proverbial Santa Claus you can't win against. He's the one promising the most goodies and handouts. He symbolizes the half of the taxpayers realizing they can vote themselves the largess of the other half.

But the whole system *will* collapse on his head. China will cut us off. There will be no more trillions or billions for the government to spend. If Obama is our first black president, he will also be our last. If Hiillary is our first female president she will also be our last. The blame will fall on them to the average citizen.

That's why I'm kinda glad Ron Paul won't be our last libertarian president.

kaleidoscope eyes
02-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Welcome to the correct side! You can't unlearn the truth, but you can sure spread it!
ha ha thanks! I love it over here, it does get a bit scary from time to time lol, but I wouldn't change it for the world! ;)

billjarrett
02-13-2008, 11:07 AM
How do people seem to think this makes sense? Summarized from Obama’s website:

Obama will cut income taxes by $1,000 for working families to offset the payroll tax they pay.
Barack Obama believes we need to double federal funding for basic research and make the research and development tax credit permanent to help create high-paying, secure jobs.
The Obama comprehensive energy independence and climate change plan will invest in America's highly-skilled manufacturing workforce….
The Obama plan will increase funding for federal workforce training programs…
Obama will invest in rural small businesses and fight to expand high-speed Internet access.
Barack Obama will raise the minimum wage, index it to inflation and increase the Earned Income Tax Credit
Obama will create a 10 percent universal mortgage credit to provide homeowners who do not itemize tax relief.
Obama will create a fund to help people refinance their mortgages and provide comprehensive supports to innocent homeowners.
Obama will create a credit card rating system, modeled on five-star systems used for other consumer products, to provide consumers an easily identifiable ranking of credit cards, based on the card's features.
Obama will double funding for the main federal support for afterschool programs,
Obama will create a program to inform businesses about the benefits of flexible work schedules

Alright!!! Tax cuts, increased federal spending AND new programs! And this is an economic plan? WTF....

aravoth
02-13-2008, 11:08 AM
I saw this posted in another thread where most will not see it.

http://www.newswithviews.com/Kincaid/cliff207.htm

Might use this to sway some voter's.

And do you feel the people would see the money from the UN? They haven't in the past.

Just bankrupt everyone here Obama.

I've been telling you Cult of Obama followers this shit for some time now. How that guy has suckered so many to follow him is beyond me. I guess anyone can dangle some fucking sparkley key ring in your face and chant over and over again "change, hope, unity, fairness, blah, blahh,"

This Guy will bankrupt us faster, harder, and deeper than any war ever could. Ever. Shit, just look at the debt as they stand now. The war has only cost 3.7 trillion dollars out of our combined 60 trillion debt. The remaining 56.5 trillion is all from social programs, I'm not counting the trade deficit. And obama want to go ahead and expand those programs. "Oh no no he'll raise taxes and that will cover it" Bullshit, there isn't enough money in the US economy to fund them, we'd all be living with negative dollar amounts in our bank accounts, all of us.

/rant off.

edit : BTW sarge, nothing I said was directed at you. Was meant to be directed to people that blindly follow this guy.

Fyretrohl
02-13-2008, 11:11 AM
I've been telling you Cult of Obama followers this shit for some time now. How that guy has suckered so many to follow him is beyond me. I guess anyone can dangle some fucking sparkley key ring in your face and chant over and over again "change, hope, unity, fairness, blah, blahh,"

This Guy will bankrupt us faster, harder, and deeper than any war ever could. Ever. Shit, just look at the debt as they stand now. The war has only cost 3.7 trillion dollars out of our combined 60 trillion debt. The remaining 56.5 trillion is all from social programs, I'm not counting the trade deficit. And obama want to go ahead and expand those programs. "Oh no no he'll raise taxes and that will cover it" Bullshit, there isn't enough money in the US economy to fund them, we'd all be living with negative dollar amounts in our bank accounts, all of us.

/rant off.

Ahhh...But at least he is honest about it. Maybe not 'up front', but, honest. Who KNOWS what McCain will accomplish. Also, I would prefer a bankrupt America than an America under siege from all our 'new' enemies. Why? Cause, we will be under siege and BANKRUPT too.

rollingpig
02-13-2008, 11:14 AM
don't tax me bro!!!

aravoth
02-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Ahhh...But at least he is honest about it. Maybe not 'up front', but, honest. Who KNOWS what McCain will accomplish. Also, I would prefer a bankrupt America than an America under siege from all our 'new' enemies. Why? Cause, we will be under siege and BANKRUPT too.

Whats he been honest about? He can't pay for anything he says he will, so he's lieing right there. He tells people he will raise the mnimum wage, every year to keep up with inflation. It's impossible. I'm not saying it's impossible to raise the minimum wage every year, I'm saying that it is mathematically impossible to keep up with inflation by increasing the money supply (inflation) through the minimum wage every year. So either he's just not telling the truth about that and is a liar, or he doesn't understand the monetary system and is a fool.

Obama would increase our debt, and give us runaway inflation if he got his way.

wgadget
02-13-2008, 11:26 AM
Yep, I missed the MINUS sign in front of Ron's...

fairverona
02-13-2008, 11:29 AM
I'm writing in RP in November if he doesn't get the nomination. But reading this about Obama makes me absolutely cringe. The more I read about him, the more I dislike him. The thought of Obama or Hillary vs. McCain makes me almost hope Huckabee gets the nomination. Perhaps, just perhaps, if Huck wins the presidency (which he wouldn't), the world would hate us at least somewhat less than it would if McCain wins, and we'd have at least somewhat lower taxes than if Obama/Hillary win. I still won't cast my vote for anyone other than Dr. Paul.

If RP doesn't win, we're completely screwed.

StarKissed
02-13-2008, 11:37 AM
The below looks like a good front or back for a t-shirt in the March.

John McCain $6.9 billion
Ron Paul -$150.1 billion

ronpaulblogsdotcom
02-13-2008, 11:44 AM
I blogged about this and Bushs $3.1 trillion lame duck egg budget:

http://ronpaulblogs.com/policies-of-presidential-candidates/budget/reality-check-time-what-will-your-candidate-will-cost-you/

This is an eye opener. And those NTU numbers are their conservative estimates of costs. We all know what that means.

hopeforamerica
02-13-2008, 11:44 AM

/rant off.

edit : BTW sarge, nothing I said was directed at you. Was meant to be directed to people that blindly follow this guy.

Use that energy to make another awesome video!!! I'm craving another one from you. ;)

liberteebell
02-13-2008, 11:48 AM
The below looks like a good front or back for a t-shirt in the March.

John McCain $6.9 billion
Ron Paul -$150.1 billion

Ooooooh! I like it!

Sarge
02-13-2008, 12:18 PM
I had to add this in from another thread. A must read on how Hillary plans to have us go broke.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/04/us/politics/04checkpoint.html?_r=3&bl&ex=1202446800&en=57f51ea44755452d&ei=5087%0A&oref=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

And yes, put penalties on those who don't comply.

Police state coming up between the whole bunch except Dr. Paul.

Disgusting!

kickzman
02-13-2008, 12:29 PM
Thw fact that Dr Paul is @ 150.1 billion COMPLETELY discredits the whole thing so I wouldn't jump down Obama's throat if I were u dude. Rush and everyone has been attackin him lately and u know why?? B/c Hillary is who they want, hell I can hear Rush right now ridiculing him on wantin to talk w/ Iran rather than start a war w/ them.

hopeforamerica
02-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Thw fact that Dr Paul is @ 150.1 billion COMPLETELY discredits the whole thing so I wouldn't jump down Obama's throat if I were u dude. Rush and everyone has been attackin him lately and u know why?? B/c Hillary is who they want, hell I can hear Rush right now ridiculing him on wantin to talk w/ Iran rather than start a war w/ them.

Did you miss the negative sign? take a closer look :p

dirknb@hotmail.com
02-13-2008, 12:38 PM
Hey can someone help me out with the numbers on this? I emailed a link to this article to a friend who is an Obama supporter and he replied "Chump change compared to the cost of the Iraq War." If I read this article correctly it's going to cost us $845 billion annually, right? What's the annual cost of the Iraq War?

kickzman
02-13-2008, 12:39 PM
My bad, but still Hillary is a billion times worse than Obama.

Mahkato
02-13-2008, 12:44 PM

John McCain $6.9 billion
Ron Paul -$150.1 billion

Do you have a link for that?

Mahkato
02-13-2008, 12:48 PM
Hey can someone help me out with the numbers on this? I emailed a link to this article to a friend who is an Obama supporter and he replied "Chump change compared to the cost of the Iraq War." If I read this article correctly it's going to cost us $845 billion annually, right? What's the annual cost of the Iraq War?

$845 billion over 13 years, it said. $65 billion per year.

$65,000,000,000 / 300,000,000 citizens = $217 per person in the U.S.

You are effectively being forced to contribute over $200 per year (for every person in your family) to a government-run charity. Why does no one understand that when you subsidize something (e.g. poverty) you just get more of it?

ronpaulblogsdotcom
02-13-2008, 12:49 PM

I think the main thing to think of is does the govt ever meet goals in complicated issues? No.

The Iraq War was supposed to be free from the oil received. Wolfowitz perjured himself and said so.

Lawrence Lindsey said it would cost $100 to $200 billion and was fired 3 months later by a furious Bush trying to hide those numbers.

http://money.cnn.com/2008/01/10/news/economy/costofwar.fortune/

Some are now saying the cost of the war is 1.2 trillion. Some are saying the "War on Terror" will cost on the high side up to 3.5 trillion by 2017.

JAM824A
02-14-2008, 12:34 AM
How much their policies would cost us. Notice Ron Paul is the only one saving money!! We have an enormous debt and the rest want to add to it. Why oh why is our country so blind?

Oh, ha ha, I didn't notice the negative in front of his number... That's what confused me.