PDA

View Full Version : I'll be wearing my Guy Fawkes mask. How about you

papajohn56
02-13-2008, 08:44 AM
I think this fits pretty well, and adds a little character ;)

Ginobili
02-13-2008, 08:46 AM

We aren't psycho, we swear!

Sadly enough papa, its stuff like this that turns alot of people off. They dont see the meaning of the Guy Fawkes/V for Vendetta story, they just see some nut job in a costume running around their streets. VEEEERY apealing to the confused and leming-sheeple.:rolleyes:

papajohn56
02-13-2008, 08:48 AM
We aren't psycho, we swear!

Sadly enough papa, its stuff like this that turns alot of people off. They dont see the meaning of the Guy Fawkes/V for Vendetta story, they just see some nut job in a costume running around their streets. VEEEERY apealing to the confused and leming-sheeple.:rolleyes:

It sure sends a strong message when in a big group:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/11/Anon_London_Feb10_TCR_Protesters.jpg/800px-Anon_London_Feb10_TCR_Protesters.jpg

flames2dust77
02-13-2008, 08:50 AM
ur average person does not understand the meaning behind the Guy Fawkes mask. Since it's not illegal according to DC code to wear one(like others have been saying) wear it if you must...but stay away from our kids. Those stupid masks scare the crap out of them.

flames2dust77
02-13-2008, 08:52 AM
It sure sends a strong message when in a big group:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/11/Anon_London_Feb10_TCR_Protesters.jpg/800px-Anon_London_Feb10_TCR_Protesters.jpg

again, what message is that going to send to the average American? The only message they'll get is, "see I told you those Paulites were crazy."

papajohn56
02-13-2008, 08:53 AM
again, what message is that going to send to the average American? The only message they'll get is, "see I told you those Paulites were crazy."

Depends what kind of signs they're holding.

flames2dust77
02-13-2008, 09:00 AM
Depends what kind of signs they're holding.

ok. so what kind of sign would you be holding?

torchbearer
02-13-2008, 09:00 AM
remember, the fuhrer.. i mean the president can declare martial law at his whim...
A million guy fawkes masked people would most likely be a good enough reason with them to "tiananmen square" the whole lot of us... be rid of their opposition under the guise of protecting people from "extremist".

http://www.timboucher.com/journal/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/tiananmen-square-tanks.jpg

torchbearer
02-13-2008, 09:02 AM
That is the whole reason they changed the laws... not to protect us from enemies abroad, but to protect those in government from an uprising of its own people.

FreeTraveler
02-13-2008, 09:05 AM
I think the time for Guy Fawkes masks has not come yet. As long as this campaign remains aboveboard, I see no reason for them. They just scare the sheeple and curdle the cow's milk.

Agent CSL
02-13-2008, 09:07 AM
No.

thoughtbombing
02-13-2008, 09:34 AM
I will stick to the gas mask.

WilliamC
02-13-2008, 09:37 AM

No anonymous supporters will be welcome.

Come as you are, show the world your true face, and support Ron Paul and our Constitution.

Come in a mask and who knows what your real intentions are?

flames2dust77
02-13-2008, 09:42 AM

Come as you are, show the world your true face, and support Ron Paul and our Constitution.

QFT. I think our faces need to be seen.

The whole mask thing seems a bit threatening.

LukeNM
02-13-2008, 09:48 AM
Do you think "Homeland Security" guards will let you wear a mask?

bulloncoins
02-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Please grow up.

coyote_sprit
02-13-2008, 09:59 AM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/27/Capitol_Building_Full_View.jpg/800px-Capitol_Building_Full_View.jpg

If we were really Fawkes that would be our true intention but we don't want to get violent so don't wear a mask.

Enemies Domestic
02-13-2008, 10:00 AM
Let's be serious. If we're really going to march on Washington, we need to be seen as real Americans, not a bunch of "loonies" in costumes. How will the people who haven't "gotten it" yet ever take us seriously? They need to relate to us because we ARE them. They just haven't woken up yet. Please, let's leave the costumes home.

JK/SEA
02-13-2008, 10:01 AM
This arguing back and forth over masks is absurd. Would Ron dis-approve of masks?

Personally, i would welcome 'Anonymous' or whatever and whoever, as long as they endorse freedom and liberty. We live in un-certain times, and it is getting worse day by day.

It is time to get off your knees and stand like Patriots.

And i do not endorse violence. Yet.

AbolitionistX
02-13-2008, 10:16 AM
I have a Guy Fawkes mask and I can see times when wearing it would be very appropriate. I even thought (for a split second) that it would be neat to see a million Guy Fawkes masked folks gathered in Washington, DC. There is a group, "We the People", that are tax protesters, who have had rallies in DC using the Guy Fawkes masks and petitioning the government for redress of grievances... Even though tax protesters are probably supporters of Dr. Paul, I don't think we can afford to muddy the waters by appearing to be part of another group such as that. (Just as we shouldn't appear to be a part of any other group beyond supporting Dr. Paul...)

Sooooo... what to do for those who'd like to wear a Guy Fawkes mask and also show their own true face in support of Dr. Paul?

Simple for the men... grow your mustache and a small vertical goatee just like the mask! (If you have long hair, even better. :D ) Don't put on a "mask", BE the r[3VOL]utionary that you want to represent. :p

Just a thought.

BTW, we plan on attending no matter what the date... and I'm not going to tolerate any "agent provocateur" shenanigans near me because I will have my lovely wife and infant son with me. This is a PEACEFUL r[3VOL]ution and event!

Take care and be good to each other...

MalcolmGandi
02-13-2008, 10:51 AM
NO MASKS! Ever heard of agent provacateurs? If anyone tries to start a riot, we need to have their face on video, so NO ONE can wear a mask.

nateerb
02-13-2008, 11:08 AM
Dumbest idea ever. OP, are you the same type of person that comes to our meetup groups talking about how you can run your car from water instead of gasoline? Or are you the type that wrote Bilderburger and Illuminati on my office whiteboard when I wasn't looking? Or talk about the great "Building #7"?

Because all of those things cost our meetup active members, and to be honest, have caused me to pull back from our group and concentrate on the few members that really support Ron Paul for Ron Paul's ideals.

No masks. I will even go as far to say if I see anyone wearing a mask at the march, they will be assumed to be agent provacteurs, surrounded, and have their masks removed quite physically.

Jaykzo
02-13-2008, 11:36 AM
If any of you fools decide to wear a Guy Fawkes mask, I swear I'll be marching as far away from you as I can and making sure that people know we didn't come together.

Honestly, how many times does it take before you learn a lesson? People will interpret the WRONG FARKING MESSAGE from what you're doing. "Oh my, he wants to blow up the White House?" C'mon guys, be reasonable. This isn't about Guy Fawkes, this is about RON PAUL and the REVOLUTION.

Some of you waltz around in halloween costumes during political rallies, and wonder why Ron Paul supporters have earned the title of "a bunch of crazies".

CountryboyRonPaul
02-13-2008, 11:39 AM
No masks.

The only ones wearing masks will be the agent provacateur.

Monotaur
02-13-2008, 11:40 AM
remember, the fuhrer.. i mean the president can declare martial law at his whim...
A million guy fawkes masked people would most likely be a good enough reason with them to "tiananmen square" the whole lot of us... be rid of their opposition under the guise of protecting people from "extremist".

http://www.timboucher.com/journal/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/tiananmen-square-tanks.jpg

That was one brave guy. Can you imagine standing there, with multiple tanks coming your way? You really have to believe in something to be willing to die for it.

With that being said, no, I don't think we should wear masks. It will definately turn people off (especially if that's the first time people have heard of Ron Paul), and will only serve to reinforce what the MSM has painted us as - weirdos.

Also, I agree that if this is to be taken seriously, we need to show our faces. I think that it would be more than a bit creepy to those who were not aware of Ron Paul, or maybe even didn't know who Guy Fawkes was... to them, it may as well be the mask from the movie "Scream".

EDIT: Oh yeah, for all the other reasons people have listed too - please do NOT wear ANY masks. I'll wear my Ron Paul 2008 hat, but it won't be covering my face.

amy31416
02-13-2008, 11:46 AM
No masks.

The only ones wearing masks will be the agent provacateur.

+1

I even question the ones suggesting we should.

Save it for a different type of march. If this one is not successful, that would be the appropriate venue.

This march, in my view, is the last peaceful attempt at getting our country back. Let's make the most of it and not use it for our own agendas and show ourselves as regular American citizens, which we are.

After the rally/march, if it is not successful in a peaceful way, then all bets are off the table. Until then, I'd like to take the high road.

gilliganscorner
02-13-2008, 11:46 AM
NO MASKS! Ever heard of agent provocateurs? If anyone tries to start a riot, we need to have their face on video, so NO ONE can wear a mask.

Exactly! I am a Canadian, and we had EXACTLY that issue occur at the SPP meeting in Montebello, in August last year.

The whole freaking thing was caught on tape, and you can see it here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=St1-WTc1kow

At first, the police denied it, then as a result of the Youtube evidence, they were forced to admit it was true (http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2007/08/23/police-montebello.html).

That's why I support Ron Paul. We are not all that far behind your slide into totalitarianism.

We want to be seen as families, friends, normal people who want their country back.

NO MASKS!

Pauliana
02-13-2008, 11:48 AM
eew, please don't. very creepy.

CrazyRonPaulSupporter
02-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Exactly! I am a Canadian, and we had EXACTLY that issue occur at the SPP meeting in Montebello, in August last year.

The whole freaking thing was caught on tape, and you can see it here:

At first, the police denied it, then as a result of the Youtube evidence, they were forced to admit it was true (http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2007/08/23/police-montebello.html).

That's why I support Ron Paul. We are not all that far behind your slide into totalitarianism.

We want to be seen as families, friends, normal people who want their country back.

NO MASKS!

Holy Crap! I have only been reading about this case with the agent provocateurs at the SPP meeting. To see it is just wow!

WilliamC
02-13-2008, 12:09 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/27/Capitol_Building_Full_View.jpg/800px-Capitol_Building_Full_View.jpg

If we were really Fawkes that would be our true intention but we don't want to get violent so don't wear a mask.

The goal is to regain control, not to destroy.

Support the idea of individual rights first, the Constitution second, Ron Paul third.

Become the Government, one voter, one elected official at a time.

josh24601
02-13-2008, 12:10 PM
I'm surprised it took this long for some teenager to bring up V For Vendetta.

It was a movie, get a grip.

spudea
02-13-2008, 12:18 PM
absolutely not. Please do not promote this...

Ron Paul masks if anything!

Thrashertm
02-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Does RP wear a Guy Fawkes mask to the debates? No, because he wants to be taken seriously. I'll be professionally attired.

raiha
02-13-2008, 12:37 PM
No need to rubbish the OP and healthy exuberance!
It is critical we ban masks, balaclavas hoodies. If there is trouble, it will be from someone with a hidden face. I personally will be suspicious of anyone in a mask and will take it upon myself to request they remove it so i can take a photo of their face and publish it on the WWW.

The organizers need to ban masks, balclavas and hoodies otherwise i predict the proverbial hitting the proverbial!

flames2dust77
02-13-2008, 12:41 PM
I'm surprised it took this long for some teenager to bring up V For Vendetta.

It was a movie, get a grip.

ooooh no. some other dumbasses brought it up first thing yesterday. Where were all of you non-mask ppl yesterday? All the crazy mask ppl were here taking over. We needed back up.:cool:

thoughtbombing
02-13-2008, 12:49 PM
No masks. I will even go as far to say if I see anyone wearing a mask at the march, they will be assumed to be agent provacteurs, surrounded, and have their masks removed quite physically.

Don't show up. Threats of violence against people who are expressing themselves will not be tolerated. I'm bringing a gas mask with me. If you've never been to a rally of this size, it's understandable that you may be ignorant of the inherent dangers that MAY leap out of nowhere... what if they start firing tear gas into a peaceful crowd... what if there is a counter protest?

sorry, but holding signs, wearing masks and costumes, speaking, shouting, yelling, being happy and generally expressing yourself are PROTECTED SPEECH.

Janet0116
02-13-2008, 01:10 PM
WWRPW? (what would Ron Paul wear?), or, for the ladies, WWCPW?

Easy peasy.

Publius Freeman
02-13-2008, 01:52 PM
No. Never.

(Guy Fawkes was not only a coward, he was a counter-reformation terrorist and radical religious extremist tool of the fallen Roman empire. His foolish plot was FOILED, and that is why November 5th is remembered. Your time would be better spent studying history than trying to subvert the freedom rally in Washington DC...)

RP2008!

Mortikhi
02-13-2008, 02:06 PM
I'll be wearing my running shoes.
With my bandana.
With a gas mask on my hip.
With my taser-proof shirt.
With my firearm.

That should be the dress requirements. =)

amy31416
02-13-2008, 02:14 PM
With my bandana.
With my firearm.

That all sounds great Mortikhi, except one thing: firearms are not permitted in DC.

While I don't agree with it, this is a peaceful march/rally and that will distract from the true cause.

I've said before that I'm completely pro-2nd Amendment, but the fact is that we can't change this unconstitutional law prior to this event.

torchbearer
02-13-2008, 02:23 PM
With my bandana.
With my firearm.

Does washington D.c. honor carry and conceal permit from louisiana?
i can't tell by the lsp.org map.

http://www.lsp.org/images/chmap3.gif

maeqFREEDOMfree
02-13-2008, 02:25 PM
yeah i think it'll give the media a great opportunity to give us more BAD media. i remember one thing about the money bomb on Nov 5th last year:
the media reported it (which we liked) but also made connections to guy fawkes and explained him as a terrorist who tried to blow up Parlement.

we want the focus to be on the reason we are all there... to support and spread the message of freedom since the MSM wont. i think the masks will avert attention.

nateerb
02-13-2008, 02:39 PM

Wisconsin is purple. Not surprised.

Can someone save me from this liberal cesspool? I am in IT (like alot of us). Fifteen years Windows and AS400 experience. Been working with Terminal Server and thin clients for the last five years. PM me, lets team up. My website is here: www.coredesktop.com

Seriously, I am ready to go.

torchbearer
02-13-2008, 02:42 PM

Wisconsin is purple. Not surprised.

Can someone save me from this liberal cesspool? I am in IT (like alot of us). Fifteen years Windows and AS400 experience. Been working with Terminal Server and thin clients for the last five years. PM me, lets team up. My website is here: www.coredesktop.com

Seriously, I am ready to go.

Louisiana has good 2nd amendments laws,
My vehicle is considered an extension of my home and I can have any gun in my home without permit (including my vehicle). Loaded, concealed... doesn't matter.

My carry and concealed permit is to carry my Glock 22 with me once i leave my vehicle.

nateerb
02-13-2008, 02:46 PM
Louisiana has good 2nd amendments laws,
My vehicle is considered an extension of my home and I can have any gun in my home without permit (including my vehicle). Loaded, concealed... doesn't matter.

My carry and concealed is to carry my Glock 22 with me once i leave my vehicle.

I like you Brent, pulling for ya in the race to congress.

Never been to LA, but I know it's warm there and Ron Paul won so it can't be too bad. A lot of businesses data would have been saved post Katrina with my type of PC network service. So if you know any IT guys...

Mortikhi
02-13-2008, 02:47 PM
That all sounds great Mortikhi, except one thing: firearms are not permitted in DC.

While I don't agree with it, this is a peaceful march/rally and that will distract from the true cause.

I've said before that I'm completely pro-2nd Amendment, but the fact is that we can't change this unconstitutional law prior to this event.
Didn't the courts shoot down that law as unconstitutional recently? That's the reason I suggested going in packin'. That, and the fact that given the track record of our police jackboots, they will be on their best behavior once they find out the people are armed, too.

hotbrownsauce
02-13-2008, 03:11 PM
Guy Fawkes mask might be cool, but I don't have one... I do have a bush mask...

amy31416
02-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Didn't the courts shoot down that law as unconstitutional recently? That's the reason I suggested going in packin'. That, and the fact that given the track record of our police jackboots, they will be on their best behavior once they find out the people are armed, too.

If something happened recently, I'm not aware of it. DC has some of the strictest gun laws, ironically.

The citizens of DC aren't even allowed to own guns unless they were registered prior to 1977 and everything must be registered. . .so I'm not looking at exact laws, I'm extrapolating from what I know to be the current gun laws: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Washington,_D.C.#Gun-restriction_laws

If there's something more recent or explains it better, please post.

papajohn56
02-13-2008, 04:10 PM
Dressing in a suit/tie to a protest march is excessive without much of a purpose. People will see a bunch of suits in a march, and assume it's a bunch of spoiled/wealthy people instead of common people.

A younger crowd in masks might catch attention, and whoever called me out as a teenager is wrong, by the way.

If the people have the right message, are not extremists from Stormfront or some other racial group, and are non violent, why does it matter if they decide to wear a mask?

wortguy
02-13-2008, 04:13 PM
don't have one - never saw the movie, but the connotation of blowing up buildings, is that what we want people to associate us with?

CountryboyRonPaul
02-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Dressing in a suit/tie to a protest march is excessive without much of a purpose. People will see a bunch of suits in a march, and assume it's a bunch of spoiled/wealthy people instead of common people.

A younger crowd in masks might catch attention, and whoever called me out as a teenager is wrong, by the way.

If the people have the right message, are not extremists from Stormfront or some other racial group, and are non violent, why does it matter if they decide to wear a mask?

Watch this entire video, and you will see the reason everyone is opposed to masks.

You have no reason to hide your face, we are proud Americans, and we should be proud to show our faces at the march.

affa
02-13-2008, 04:37 PM
Watch this entire video, and you will see the reason everyone is opposed to masks.

You have no reason to hide your face, we are proud Americans, and we should be proud to show our faces at the march.

I am not advocating wearing masks, but I would like to point out that there are MANY peaceful people in that video wearing masks. There are 3 police officers that are Agent Provocateurs also wearing masks (and holding rocks). There are plenty of other protest videos of Agent Provocateurs not wearing masks.

The reason many peaceful protesters wear masks nowadays is that the government has taken to filming all protests - some of the police footage released shows cops specifically getting close up shots of specific individuals, their face, their clothing, even their shoes (for later identification). There are many wary of the encroaching police state that fear this sort of identification.

My point, simply, is that masks are not a realistic indicator of intent unless you're watching corporate media. It's true - they love to talk up people in masks. But don't think for a minute they don't also misrepresent people who aren't wearing masks too.

It's important to understand why people have taken to wearing masks to protest our gov't - it's gotten that bad. Video cameras have eliminated the relative anonymity that used to be promised by large crowds.

What kind of repercussions can being identified in a protest have? Police harassment. Identifiable misrepresentation by corporate owned media. Loss of job (your boss doesn't agree with you). And all sorts of other stuff.

Again, I'm not saying we should wear masks. But I think it's really important to understand why some people will. And not all of them are Agent Provocateurs.

jrich4rpaul
02-13-2008, 05:18 PM
ur average person does not understand the meaning behind the Guy Fawkes mask. Since it's not illegal according to DC code to wear one(like others have been saying) wear it if you must...but stay away from our kids. Those stupid masks scare the crap out of them.

+1

DahuiHeeNalu
02-13-2008, 06:05 PM
i might wear mine.

AmyPA
02-13-2008, 06:18 PM
No masks, please.