PDA

View Full Version : Vote for the day to suggest to Ron Paul for the march!

BigRedBrent
02-13-2008, 02:57 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DON'T USE THIS POLL !!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

================================================== ==========================

This poll has been replaced by this one:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=120817

BigRedBrent
02-13-2008, 03:07 AM
The poll to end all polls.

thoughtbombing
02-13-2008, 03:08 AM
DOUCHE.... BAG.... ?

How many of these threads are you going to make?

RON PAUL PICKS THE DAY, YOU DECIDE TO GO OR NOT GO...

BigRedBrent
02-13-2008, 03:21 AM
RON PAUL PICKS THE DAY, YOU DECIDE TO GO OR NOT GO...

Many have pointed out good reasons for many dates. We merely want to suggest those reasons to Ron Paul. I will try to make it to any day that he picks, but many have pointed out why some days would be preferable to others by mass scale.

The entire point of this is to make sure it has the biggest impact as possible. We don't care about ourselves or our own preferences, we only want what will make the march as freakin huge as possible.

Pointing out information is never a bad thing. We are not doing this out of bias what so ever, we are doing it out of concern.

PauliticsPolitics
02-13-2008, 03:24 AM
i like this armed forces day . . . its a saturday, we need to improve our street cred with the war mongers, it's the closest to 3 months away.

This sounds way better than most!

Razmear
02-13-2008, 03:26 AM
Not sure if this is DeJaVue or Groundhog Day, but seeing how this one got stickyed, might as well post the same comments as before.

Either 6/7/8 or 6/21 are great dates, nothing else going on to interfere with our march.

6/14 is the GP Parade, so that's pretty much out, and Memorial Day or July 4th are going to be so crowded that we would not stand out, plus its generally a pain to get those days off and travel/lodging is more expensive around holidays.

My personal preference is 6.7.8 just cuz it's numerically pleasing and easy to make chants with, not just on that day but in remembrance of it afterwards.

eb

hellsingfan
02-13-2008, 03:28 AM
I like: April 19th (Saturday):

April 19, 1775. The day of the "Shot heard round the world" The first day of the War of Independence; Revolutionary War.

April 19, 1933 FDR announces that the US will leave the gold standard.

April 19, 1993 Our Government attacked Waco.

April 19, 1995: A massive bomb explosion destroys much of a federal building in Oklahoma City, USA.

Razmear
02-13-2008, 03:32 AM
4/19 is a very historic date, (also called Patriots Day in Massachusetts) but most colleges will still be in session and might cause some problems with getting out the students.

Whatever the day, we'll be there tho.

eb

DrZ
02-13-2008, 03:49 AM
Definitely don't do it 'til June, and not on a major holiday. A lot of schools don't get out until sometime in June. If you give people at least three months to prepare, the turnout will be huge.

BigRedBrent
02-13-2008, 04:04 AM
Definitely don't do it 'til June, and not on a major holiday. A lot of schools don't get out until sometime in June. If you give people at least three months to prepare, the turnout will be huge.

Yes I think the entire point will be to get as big of a turn out as we can. And I think it will be fun as well. If we can convince musicians and celebrities to show up it would be all the better.

BigRedBrent
02-13-2008, 05:12 AM
Anyone able to contact the RP HQ to see if he will be able to consider alternative dates? MANY have given concerns over picking dates on popular holidays.

LiveToWin
02-13-2008, 05:32 AM
June 21 looks the best to me. On a Saturday, about the Constitution. Has Revolution in its name.

But if Ron Paul picks a specific date then when go we he says.

BigRedBrent
02-13-2008, 05:44 AM
Has Revolution in its name.

I just made it up since Constitution Day is already taken by another date and it rhymes.

newbitech
02-13-2008, 07:28 AM
i am just really liking June. I picked June 21st cause of the symbolism, but this month has all kinds of symbolism.

I really don't think we should coalesce around national holiday because days like memorial day and 4th of July deserve their own attention.

678 is also quite intriguing and so is flag day. So any day in June looks really good.

GunnyFreedom
02-13-2008, 07:41 AM
Saturday April 19th. Lexington and Concord day. The shot heard round the world. Open with a sunrise vigil at Lexington Common, continue with a victory rally at Concord Bridge, and then finish with a march on Washington, 1,000,000 strong.

Conza88
02-13-2008, 07:43 AM
Please ADD!

"FREEDOM is on the MARCH!"

Zavoi
02-13-2008, 08:06 AM
Saturday April 19th. Lexington and Concord day. The shot heard round the world. Open with a sunrise vigil at Lexington Common, continue with a victory rally at Concord Bridge, and then finish with a march on Washington, 1,000,000 strong.
How do you plan on getting from Concord to Washington? :)

My vote's for 6/21/08 for the same reasons people have stated: Saturday, college out of session, summer weather, not a major holiday, and far enough off to give ample time for planning.

expatinireland
02-13-2008, 08:28 AM
There are so many of these polls floating around that they are all meaningless not to mention
subjective.

For instance in this poll the person writing the poll decided to select May 26th. Who in their right mind would vote for a date in DC conflicting with the national Memorial Day Parade.

If the Memorial Day weekend was selected, the logical day would be Sunday the 25th giving travel days on either side of the march day.

TastyWheat
02-13-2008, 08:37 AM
For me, the best date would be on a Saturday between semesters (from late May to mid August). I've never done anything so crazy in my life, but for the good of the movement I'll fly to DC just for the march.

goat farmer
02-13-2008, 09:05 AM
The further away the better, more time to plan, more time to prepare and spread the word.

July 4th would be great.

I would make a vacation out of it and bring my wife and kids.

parke
02-13-2008, 09:26 AM
WTF ever.

July 4th is obvious to me. INDEPENDENCE DAY. FAMILY HOLIDAY WEEKEND. FIREWORKS IN DC.

Its a fucking no brainer.

tommyzDad
02-13-2008, 09:29 AM
21 June!

July 4 is a bad idea. There are just too many competing events on that day, everywhere. Our March will not get much if any press. Please, not July 4!!!

donniedark0
02-13-2008, 09:40 AM
21 June!

July 4 is a bad idea. There are just too many competing events on that day, everywhere. Our March will not get much if any press. Please, not July 4!!!

Here here! Not too late, not too soon, and it's a weekend. It's not going to be too hectic w/ tourists. I was in DC on a smaller holiday and even THAT was chaos, so I'd definitely say NO to the 4th.

allyinoh
02-13-2008, 09:55 AM
Oh I clicked the wrong one.

I really don't care when it is as long as I have enough time in advance to get off work and get a BIG ASS group together to go.

DC is only 6-ish hours from Columbus. I can drive this with no problem and would have no excuse not to go.

This is soooooo exciting!!

GayRPFan
02-13-2008, 10:05 AM
WTF ever.

July 4th is obvious to me. INDEPENDENCE DAY. FAMILY HOLIDAY WEEKEND. FIREWORKS IN DC.

Its a fucking no brainer.

July 4th!? WTF! Its a no-brainer wrong idea....June 21st makes sense and that my Friend is a no-brainer....

nbruno322
02-13-2008, 10:26 AM
somone make sure that the campaign gets these poll results. I think 4th of July would not be a good idea as a lot of people spend it with their families. THe constitution day seems perfect though.

macdee
02-13-2008, 10:38 AM
This is nice to see the preferences of the Ron Paul Forum, but if Ron Paul shows up on the Forth of July and everyone selects June 21... what's the point.

Also Ron Paul has major support on college campuses, so the date chosen must be take this into consideration. We have to make sure college students will attend!

As for me, warm weather would great! But that's not the point of this Washington D.C. rally... saving America is.

expatinireland
02-13-2008, 10:45 AM
Sorry not voting.

For Memorial Day and 4th of July weekends you list the actual holiday day which in the case of Memorial Day falls on Monday and in the case of the 4th of July it falls on a Friday.

In both cases the middle day of the holiday weekend should be the day for the event giving a travel day on either side.

If I was voting I would go for Sunday the 25th of May.

Signzit
02-13-2008, 12:21 PM
This is our day IMHO!

Saturday June 21 "Constitution Revolution Day" - The day our constitution was ratified.

FreedomAndLaw
02-13-2008, 12:52 PM
April 15th 1989 - Upon Hu Yaobang's death, the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiananmen_Square_protests_of_1989) begin in the People's Republic of China.

JohnnyWrath
02-13-2008, 12:57 PM
June 21st, the day the United States Constitution became supreme law of the land.

Dylbro
02-13-2008, 01:47 PM
If your voting against July 4th because it won't get press you have not been following the entire campaign. The media picks and chooses what to display and they barely talked about the biggest fundraising day in history. This was a footnote so if you expect the Media to cover the March you will be saddly mistaken no matter what day it occurs.

The entire point of this march should be about the American spirit of freedom. This is what unites us and this is what will bring people back to true American principles. There are a few days throughout the year that represent this meaning and this is why Ron Paul chose Memorial Day or July 4th... they stir deep emotion that is in us all.

I understand many concerns about these days being overshadowed but that is not justified, we have the power to garner those other events into ours. It would be to our benefit to have other events and other people out... it is the point to convince others about Ron Paul. If we can make it known over the next few months that one of these days belongs to our March anything else going on that day will be viewed as part of our March if we successfully show our support on that day. From the past it appears to me we have great talent in overtaking events...

I would strongly urge everyone here who is voting on days to consider why we need to choose the proper day... You have to bring emotion, you have to stir meaning to get those non hard core supporters to come out and you need to hit their heart to do that. June 21st does not do this. Memorial day and July 4th do, they represent what we defend, Freedom.

JohnnyWrath
02-13-2008, 01:51 PM
If the official campaign people, after researching, believe 4th is best...I ill go with that. A fourth of July rally in Washington DC would be awesome. I voted 21

Dan D.
02-13-2008, 02:49 PM
The question of course, is "what's the goal." If we want to affect any remaining primaries, sooner is better than later. April 19th sounds good to me.

rdwndysrf
02-13-2008, 05:05 PM
June 7 because we're again going to declare our independence from Britain... The Bank of England.

redsrule2500
02-13-2008, 05:14 PM
The only problem I see with June 21 is it's the "FIRST DAY OF SUMMER!!!" and that will get lots of pointless coverage.

thompsonisland
02-13-2008, 06:34 PM
Maybe someone should contact the official campaign with some of the concerns that have been expressed about marching on a national holiday, and see what they say.

colecrowe
02-13-2008, 06:39 PM
You only put memorial day itself on there (a monday)...

It wouldn't be Memorial Day itself, I would hope. He (Paul) when musing about it even said Memorial Day WEEKEND, not Holiday. Sunday might be perfect because it's in the middle of a three day weekend, 90% of college students will be out by then, it will be warm, but not too hot, it's not an actual holiday.

And, it is the day the Constitutional Convention convened:

May 25, 1787 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1787) - In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia%2C_Pennsylvania), delegates convene a Constitutional Convention (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Convention) to write a new Constitution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Constitution) for the United States (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States). George Washington (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Washington) presides.

I love skeet's idea for the June 21, 1788 (http://www.brainyhistory.com/events/1788/june_21_1788_44185.html) U.S. Constitution goes into effect as New Hampshire is 9th to ratify.

Ratification of the Constitution.

A Constitution March on Sat., Jun 21, 2008!

get this movie!:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41BSBAEYV0L._AA240_.jpg

A MORE PERFECT UNION: AMERICA BECOMES A NATION

http://www.amazon.com/MORE-PERFECT-UNION-AMERICA-BECOMES/dp/B000LLULI4

For an earlier one if that one is too late:

The day the Constitutional Convention Convened!:

A possible suggestion: May 25 (a Sunday--the day before Memorial Day Holiday): 1787 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1787) - In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia%2C_Pennsylvania), delegates convene a Constitutional Convention (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Convention) to write a new Constitution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Constitution) for the United States (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States). George Washington (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Washington) presides.

It's more than 90 days away. It's in the middle of a three day weekend, but not on a holiday. It's about the Constitution--about taking the first step in creating it. It's after the kids are out of college.

colecrowe
02-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Sorry not voting.

For Memorial Day and 4th of July weekends you list the actual holiday day which in the case of Memorial Day falls on Monday and in the case of the 4th of July it falls on a Friday.

In both cases the middle day of the holiday weekend should be the day for the event giving a travel day on either side.

If I was voting I would go for Sunday the 25th of May.

QFT about the middle of the 3 day weekend.

abruzz0
02-13-2008, 07:05 PM
Don't do this on the 4th of July, or any other day where we may not garner the most attention possible

base1
02-13-2008, 07:24 PM
Re: When should the march be held?
by base1 on Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:15 pm

I think June 19th is the perfect day.

1) It's in June, not too early not too late. Time to Plan and Hype.

2) Good weather

3) Kids out of school

4) Not a Federal Holiday

5) Middle of the week, cheaper flights and hotels

6) and the VERY BEST REASON!!!!!

Juneteenth is the oldest nationally celebrated commemoration of the ending of slavery in the United States.

From its Galveston, Texas origin in 1865, the observance of June 19th as the African American Emancipation Day has spread across the United States and beyond.

Today Juneteenth commemorates African American freedom and emphasizes education and achievement. It is a day, a week, and in some areas a month marked with celebrations, guest speakers, picnics and family gatherings. It is a time for reflection and rejoicing. It is a time for assessment, self-improvement and for planning the future. Its growing popularity signifies a level of maturity and dignity in America long over due. In cities across the country, people of all races, nationalities and religions are joining hands to truthfully acknowledge a period in our history that shaped and continues to influence our society today. Sensitized to the conditions and experiences of others, only then can we make significant and lasting improvements in our society.

base1
02-13-2008, 07:39 PM
Re: When should the march be held?

I think June 19th is the perfect day.

1) It's in June, not too early not too late. Time to Plan and Hype.

2) Good weather

3) Kids out of school

4) Not a Federal Holiday

5) Middle of the week, cheaper flights and hotels

6) and the VERY BEST REASON!!!!!

Juneteenth is the oldest nationally celebrated commemoration of the ending of slavery in the United States.

From its Galveston, Texas origin in 1865, the observance of June 19th as the African American Emancipation Day has spread across the United States and beyond.

Today Juneteenth commemorates African American freedom and emphasizes education and achievement. It is a day, a week, and in some areas a month marked with celebrations, guest speakers, picnics and family gatherings. It is a time for reflection and rejoicing. It is a time for assessment, self-improvement and for planning the future. Its growing popularity signifies a level of maturity and dignity in America long over due. In cities across the country, people of all races, nationalities and religions are joining hands to truthfully acknowledge a period in our history that shaped and continues to influence our society today. Sensitized to the conditions and experiences of others, only then can we make significant and lasting improvements in our society.

++++++++++++++

I'm caucasian but I think the principle we are fighting to be free from knows no colors. The underlying message is one of bringing people together for the common cause of the principles America was founded on. Think it over, I'll be there regardless of the day, I'm just interested in seizing every possible opportunity.

swisstiger
02-13-2008, 08:21 PM
June 7, 1893 - Gandhi's first act of civil disobedience

This would be the best date in order to organise marches in other countries. It wouldn't make sense for foreigners to march for a Constitution Revolution Day or other events that are only related to the US. We in Europe are discussing the possibility to organise a march here too.

www.ronpauleurope.net

EndTheFed
02-13-2008, 08:48 PM
This poll is a good idea. We have GOT TO settle this and move one and not get bogged down.

HQ needs to take a look at these things and make a decision.

Then we need to start working toward that and the website is a good idea.

:)

GunnyFreedom
02-13-2008, 08:52 PM
The question of course, is "what's the goal." If we want to affect any remaining primaries, sooner is better than later. April 19th sounds good to me.

no kidding. We still have primaries AFTER 19 April, which is one of the things that makes 19 April perfect.

GunnyFreedom
02-13-2008, 08:53 PM
Lexington and Concord day. 19 April

CountryboyRonPaul
02-13-2008, 08:55 PM
I say we do it Memorial day weekend... Sat. May 24th

But if I were to choose on an idealogical basis, I would choose April 15th! :D

What better message to send Washington than saying NO to Taxation With Crappy Representation.

faisal
02-13-2008, 09:30 PM

Victrix
02-13-2008, 10:32 PM
I voted for June 21st 'Constitution Day' since this movement is truly a movement for a restoration of the document and principles upon which our Republic was founded upon.

It is important the we pick a day that does not conflict or detract from another holiday's purpose and remembrance themes such as Memorial Day (remembrance of our war dead) and July 4th (Independence from Britain). July 4th I think is just too huge a holiday that it risks taking away from the march itself with all the events across the nation

Birdie
02-13-2008, 11:39 PM
Yay! Count me in! I live in a Maryland suburb, so I will definitely show up on whatever day it is. (I voted for June 21 before even seeing the results!)

I agree this date is best since it does not conflict with any other holidays or significant dates to provide any media distraction. We need all the attention we can get!

Birdie
02-13-2008, 11:44 PM
R[ƎVO˩]UTION MARCH

Ron Paul called for the march to occur on 1 of 2 dates on the Alex Jones show:

"Memorial Day Weekend" or "Fourth of July Weekend"

Bad idea. If we had it on either holiday the media would ignore the march in favor of coverage of the holiday. This is why June 21st is ideal - ties into the Constitution (the whole point of Dr. Paul's campaign) and there's no other conflicting newsworthy media events to detract from the day.

bluto20
02-14-2008, 12:41 AM
Saturday June 21 "Constitution Revolution Day" - The day our constitution was ratified.

Hoover Dog 1957
02-14-2008, 12:59 AM
I vote for June 21, Constitution Day. The name of the rally could be the Constitution Rally or American Revolution II --- Restoring the Constitution Rally. Sort of sounds like a Sequel. Maybe American Revolution The Sequel.

faisal
02-14-2008, 02:05 AM

Captain Shays
02-14-2008, 09:11 AM
June 21 is the longest day of the year. Its Constitution Day and Ron Paul is all about the Constitution. Its a Saturday. School is out. It won't clnflict with other major holidays. Its soon enough and not too late.
It gives us plenty of time to organize a great event.

This is the perfect day because I say so.

There. Settled.

just kidding about that last part so don't call me a troll or some other bad word

rbmcdonald
02-14-2008, 01:12 PM
June 14th is during the Texas State Convention, so that is not a possability. Does anyone have a list of all of the State Conventions? Unlikely it will be scheduled in conflict with any state Republican convention. That might be the reason for the Memorial Day / 4th suggestion. I myself prefer that it was not on a holiday, but there is so much to consider.

rbmcdonald
02-14-2008, 01:45 PM
I would not say this is a complete list, but I found State Conventions that are scheduled for the following weekends (saturdays):

5/3, 5/10, 5/17, 5/31, 6/7, 6/14

Looks like that leaves 5/24 (memorial day weekend), 6/21 & 6/28

Birdie
02-14-2008, 02:58 PM
I would not say this is a complete list, but I found State Conventions that are scheduled for the following weekends (saturdays):

5/3, 5/10, 5/17, 5/31, 6/7, 6/14

Looks like that leaves 5/24 (memorial day weekend), 6/21 & 6/28

Glad that still leaves June 21st as a possibility!

wgadget
02-14-2008, 09:15 PM
Saturday May 24....School should be out, rebate checks should be in hand, and The Revolution will be a bestseller. First day of Memorial Day weekend.

BigRedBrent
02-15-2008, 01:59 AM

DON'T USE THIS POLL !!!!!

This poll has been replaced by this one:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=120817