PDA

View Full Version : Romney Continues Video Game Theme in Iowa; Negative Reactions Elsewhere

Give me liberty
08-11-2007, 11:33 AM
Terrorists, Internet pedophiles and violent video games.
http://gamepolitics.com/2007/07/23/romney-continues-video-game-theme-in-iowa-negative-reactions-elsewhere/

Those were the issues Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney spoke about during a Friday campaign swing through Iowa. As reported by the Gazette Online, the candidate repeated his “our kids are swimming in filth” message as he pressed the flesh at Cronk’s Cafe in Denison:

It’s time to clean up the water in which our kids are swimming. I’ve proposed that we enforce our obscenity laws again and that we get serious against those retailers that sell adult video games that are filled with violence, that we go after those retailers.

Meanwhile, Romney’s video game stance has alienated some observers on both ends of the political spectrum. Last week the conservative Free Republic site picked up on GamePolitics’ recent Romney coverage. The Freep’s reader comments to Romney’s position were uniformly negative:

well there you have it folks
Romney is also a anti video game candidate
i think these are few good reasons why you cant vote for this man.

So what do you think guys?

Brent
08-11-2007, 12:02 PM
Mitt has stated something almost as absurd as Obomba's press release about suggesting he would invade Pakistan! Aren't politicians funny?
Keep talkin Mitt...Dig that hole deep enough then jump in.

Seer
08-11-2007, 12:09 PM
Give peace, and Super Mario Brothers, a chance.

Slugg
08-11-2007, 12:12 PM
Give peace, and Super Mario Brothers, a chance.

Mushrooms and Fire Flowers are not for kids dammit!!!

james1906
08-11-2007, 12:25 PM
Mushrooms and Fire Flowers are not for kids dammit!!!

Mitt says: Kill Arabs, not Koopas.

V-rod
08-13-2007, 09:57 PM
I would rather double my points score than double Guantanamo :D

Kuldebar
08-13-2007, 09:58 PM
And I used to think killing a commie for mommy was the way to go!

Nefertiti
08-14-2007, 08:22 AM
He has forgotten all the flak and ridicule that Tipper Gore caught back in the 1980s hasn't he?