PDA

View Full Version : How come you don't give up on Ron?

Omphfullas Zamboni
02-13-2008, 12:22 AM
Hello,

I must say, this whole Ron Paul grassroots beast has positively surprised me. You guys have weathered sparse media coverage, marched with signs on your own free time, distributed fliers, and staved off indifference in a political climate where the general populace seems only interested in a facsimile of change.

Sometimes, all of these efforts have been in the face of an ungainly and unseasoned national campaign. Even so, you've managed to draw a distinction between the Ron Paul you desire for president and the management staff which he has selected.

My question is: why is this the case?

Honestly, (and my cynicism is showing), I foresaw an altogether different outcome unraveling here. At about the time Bradley in DC was railing against HQ, I expected comments along the lines of:

"Ron Paul is a nice guy, but his inability to oversee a national campaign speaks poorly of his executive skills. He does not deserve my support," and so on. Though I'm rather abashed to admit it, I predicted you would turn on Ron Paul himself, (before giving up altogether). You guys can be vicious [see reaction to the first official campaign commercial]. Watching vote results, I've seen spurts of threads against old people, evangelicals, Mormons, and stupid youth. Nothing is off limits.

To my pleasant surprise, however, the upswell of, "Ron Paul is incompetent" threads never materialized. I really expected everyone on the forums to tear him to bits, eventually. Why not? Is not Ron Paul to blame for the failures, whatever they may be, of the Ron Paul campaign?

In any case, I would like to congratulate everyone on their dedication to freedom and thank you for proving to a grizzled cynic that people can still rally around a cause.

Sincerely yours,
Omphfullas Zamboni

Thunderbolt
02-13-2008, 12:26 AM
What other choice do we have? Support liberty and try to save our lives or quit.

PauliticsPolitics
02-13-2008, 12:26 AM
Hello,

I must say, this whole Ron Paul grassroots beast has positively surprised me. You guys have weathered sparse media coverage, marched with signs on your own free time, distributed fliers, and staved off indifference in a political climate where the general populace seems only interested in a facsimile of change.

Sometimes, all of these efforts have been in the face of an ungainly and unseasoned national campaign. Even so, you've managed to draw a distinction between the Ron Paul you desire for president and the management staff which he has selected.

Honestly, (and my cynicism is showing), I foresaw an altogether different problem, unraveling, here. At about the time Bradley in DC was railing against HQ, I expected comments along the lines of:

"Ron Paul is a nice guy, but his inability to oversee a national campaign speaks poorly of his executive skills. He does not deserve my support," and so on. Though I'm rather abashed to admit it, I predicted you would turn on Ron Paul himself, (before giving up altogether). You guys can be vicious [see reaction to the first official campaign commercial]. Watching vote results, I've seen spurts of threads against old people, evangelicals, Mormons, and stupid youth. Nothing is off limits.

To my pleasant surprise, however, the upswell of, "Ron Paul is incompetent" threads never materialized. I really expected everyone on the forums to tear him to bits, eventually. Why not? Is not Ron Paul to blame for the failures, whatever they may be, of the Ron Paul campaign?

In any case, I would like to congratulate everyone on their dedication to freedom and thank you for proving to a grizzled cynic that people can still rally around a cause.

Sincerely yours,
Omphfullas Zamboni

Because there is a lot more going on here than this primary. There is a movement.

bluto20
02-13-2008, 12:29 AM
Watch or listen to a few of ron paul's congressional or rally speeches and you'll know why.

luvthedoc08
because it's RP or fascism, not much of a choice

mynameisJason
Actually, McCain taking the lead encourages me some. Enough people hate his guts that would never vote for him, that RP may stand a good chance. I think his poor showing in many of the early primaries was very bad, but since he's stuck it out and many have dropped out, I think it's still possible for him to do well.

We'll see. But I am still personally talking to people and winning over converts. Also very encouraging.

pacelli
02-13-2008, 12:32 AM
Ron Paul is founding father material. The sheep of America will regret their decision to allow a media and an ignorant GOP restrain their freedom to choose.

We're not going anywhere.

austin4paul
02-13-2008, 12:34 AM
Ron Paul is more than a man - he's the Champion of the Constitution. It's hard to critize that, regardless of how effective or ineffectively the campaign has been managed. As Ron Paul Revolutionaries, we're proud of our Constitution - we relate ourselves to the American Revolutionaries who fought to bring it to us in the first place. We're proud of what the Constitution stands for -- the liberty that it brings through restraint of government power -- and so as just as we are proud to proclaim "I am an American" we are also proud to proclaim

"I am Ron Paul"

It's a patriotism that goes way deeper than a person

eok321
02-13-2008, 12:35 AM
Is not Ron Paul to blame for the failures, whatever they may be, of the Ron Paul campaign?

The current failure in this campaign is solely down to the achievement the government has had in controlling the MSM and keeping the status quo intact for now, due to a lack of education and ability to critically think for themselves people have bought into the rubbish the MSM serves up.

Reeducation and politely waking people up to what is going on around them is the only way this campaign can survive and therefore win.

To fail is to give up which carries too heavy a price for all of us (Mccenturyofinsanity supporters included).

gerryb
02-13-2008, 12:44 AM
When Ron Paul gets 0.3% (no kidding) of the MSM coverage, and yet gets over 5% of the national vote, more donations than any other rep candidate in Q4, etc. etc. how could you fault the man for anything short of being brilliant.

N13
02-13-2008, 12:48 AM
One cannot abandon 2+2=4.

Truth is truth. This movement transcends the election.

chinaCat
02-13-2008, 12:51 AM
Ken Kesey Once said a Vote For Barry Goldwater is a Vote for Fun

I'm inclined to think a Vote for Ron Paul is also a vote for fun, and this country needs some fun. Some would make it much more complicated then that, and they have a point. But does it need to be that complicated.

Midnight77
02-13-2008, 12:55 AM
Well, I have given up on Ron winning the Presidency. It's just not physically possible. But I won't forget what this man did to inspire me. He started a movement in this country that I won't forget. Time will tell if the movement continues, though.

RonPaulVolunteer
02-13-2008, 12:58 AM
Because you need eyes to see, just like Jesus said, those who have ears to hear...

We see, you don't. Never-the-less, we will fight for your right to continue to be the blind leading the blind.

RonPaulVolunteer
02-13-2008, 12:59 AM
Well, I have given up on Ron winning the Presidency. It's just not physically possible.

:) Yes it is...

scottabing
02-13-2008, 01:00 AM
I will never turn against Ron Paul. To turn against Ron Paul and his record is to turn against that which he stands for. He is the vessel of a message that rings true to all that listen and he has lived his life true to the message he carries.

Ron Paul has reached me. He has changed me.
To go against him would be to go against the message.

Russellk30
02-13-2008, 01:07 AM
You might as well ask:

Why don’t you give up on Freedom?
Why don’t you accept slavery?
Why don’t you want to be taxed to death, and then a little more after you die?
Why don’t you piss on the graves of the founding fathers?
Why don’t you accept the collectivist agenda?
Why don’t you try to breath water instead of air?
Why don’t you try to beat up Chuck Norris?
Why don’t you go take a crap on the ground in Mecca?
Why don’t you build a tomato plantation in Death Valley?

Why don’t you sell you soul to Satan for a few fucking trinkets?

DahuiHeeNalu
02-13-2008, 01:08 AM
This country is in a revolution!! The people are sick and tired of it and there not gonna take it no more :D

mynameisJason
02-13-2008, 01:12 AM
Well, I have given up on Ron winning the Presidency. It's just not physically possible. But I won't forget what this man did to inspire me. He started a movement in this country that I won't forget. Time will tell if the movement continues, though.

But hopefully you will go into the voting booth in November and vote your conscience instead of for the lesser of two evils? Even if I have to write him in, I will not regret my vote ever again.

ShowMeLiberty
02-13-2008, 01:15 AM
When Ron Paul gets 0.3% (no kidding) of the MSM coverage, and yet gets over 5% of the national vote, more donations than any other rep candidate in Q4, etc. etc. how could you fault the man for anything short of being brilliant.
QFT

You might as well ask:

Why don’t you give up on Freedom?
Why don’t you accept slavery?
Why don’t you want to be taxed to death, and then a little more after you die?
Why don’t you piss on the graves of the founding fathers?
Why don’t you accept the collectivist agenda?
Why don’t you try to breath water instead of air?
Why don’t you try to beat up Chuck Norris?
Why don’t you go take a crap on the ground in Mecca?
Why don’t you build a tomato plantation in Death Valley?

Why don’t you sell you soul to Satan for a few fucking trinkets?
QFT

For me, the simple answer is Ron Paul is right. All the other candidates are wrong. The truth of that will be seen in the not-so-distant future as events unfold.

RonPaulFever
02-13-2008, 01:16 AM
I just watched "300" and this thread is the perfect compliment. You guys rock.

acmegeek
02-13-2008, 01:22 AM
For me, once I was blind, but now I can see!

Dr. Ron Paul literally and permanently cured my political apathy.

Once you really "get" the message he speaks of, once you can feel the hope, there is no turning back. There is no "unlearning" of what you now know and are forever responsible for.

Ron Paul champions freedom. He stands alone among the candidates as the only one who exhibits true meekness. He knows that he knows what he knows.

tstorey
02-13-2008, 01:22 AM
2nd I have friends with children serving in Iraq and Afghanistan

3rd the government in my country is controlled by men who have a plan that does not include any of my best interests

4th The media in my country is controlled by men who want to keep me from knowing the truth

5th If I do not keep fighting for the truth, I will end up at the FEMA prison camp a 100 miles from my home.

Is that enough?

Folks, this is not a presidential campaign. Please put down the presidential campaign thing. We are making a lot of progress and this is the moment we start to pay the bills.

I have an appointment in DC with the DR.

affa
02-13-2008, 01:25 AM
I will likely be writing in Ron Paul for the rest of my life.

QCB79
02-13-2008, 01:51 AM
Why not give up you ask....

it's a legitimate question. after all, the odds seem to be against us.
Every time I see a headline like "Senate Votes for Expansion of Spy Powers", " FBI wants palm prints, eye scans, tattoo mapping", "weakening U.S. dollar" or "4,266 coalition deaths -- 3,960 Americans" I am reminded that I hate the direction in which our country keeps moving.

I blame the citizens first and foremost, we the people , have let the few and the corrupt take power from us and put it in their hands. We no longer have a say in how the government is being run and they no longer tell us and even when they do it's all smoke and mirrors.

Everyday I see the government becoming more and more naziesque. wire tapping, invasion of privacy, laws telling you that you need to look a certain way (JACKSON, Miss. -- A state lawmaker wants to ban restaurants from serving food to obese customers ), whats next for us. a bill that says you must look a certain way or be put to death? yeh, that may be an exaggeration but if we continue to let the government get out of control we can look forward to the government being involved in every facet of our daily life.

Right now the FBI is working on a federal database of all citizens. " The bureau is expected to announce in coming days the awarding of a $1 billion, 10-year contract to help create the database that will compile an array of biometric information -- from palm prints to eye scans.

Kimberly Del Greco, the FBI's Biometric Services section chief, said adding to the database is "important to protect the borders to keep the terrorists out, protect our citizens, our neighbors, our children so they can have good jobs, and have a safe country to live in."

We're allowing the government to track anyone, anywhere at anytime....again, it reminds me of hitlers plan for a new world order. last I checked this was still "The land of the free, home of the brave" . Which leads me into War, many people think that by opposing the war in Iraq , Ron Paul and his supporters are pacifists who are afraid to be involved in a war. That isn't the case at all.

If we were invaded , I would be the first one to grab a gun and DEFEND my country. Thats the key word, DEFEND. I feel that none of us would hesitate to defend our country from an invading force but none of us can agree with sending our men and women to die for the oil companies and that is exactly what we are doing in Iraq. The government and the media must think we are really gullible to believe that the reason we invaded Iraq was humanitarian or chasing Al-Quieda. Saddam had to go theres no doubt about it and it was our job to take him out after all it was our government that helped put him in office in the first place.

The hunt for Bin Laden was a joke, do they honestly want us to believe that with as much technology we have at our disposal, satellite's that can read a car license plate from space , infrared etc ..we cant find a guy whos running around the mountains in some sandals? of course we cant, if we did we would no longer have an excuse to be in Afghanistan, Pakistan and now rolling over into Iran.

I also believe everyone should do what the can to live a self sufficient life and not rely on others from day to day. It can be as simple as a small garden in their window to a full blown off the grid homestead/farm. People have a right to live their lives the way they see fit as long as they aren't harming anyone else then the government needs to stay out of it.

Why do we stand behind Ron? Because he's given us hope, he's shown us that we can fight to put our country back in the hands of the people and out of the hands of the warmongers and corporate machine. Dr. Paul has done something none of the other candidates could even dream about and that is he has made people think, open thier eyes and gotten them involved in taking their country back.

Viva la Revolution!!

Omphfullas Zamboni
02-13-2008, 02:16 AM
Hi,

After reading all of the guys' inspirational posts, I'd like to take the opportunity to answer my own question. Here's why I don't give up on Ron:

1. It was after the first Paul versus Giuliani confrontation when I felt like I was living in the twilight zone. I remember thinking, "This guy is right; what he's saying is basic history. Newspeople are going to pick up on this." And then the debate was cast largely as a win for Giuliani.

2. Later, I would hear people remark that Mr. Paul has a, "whiny voice" and doesn't, "sound presidential". Nobody ever remarked about how presidential Romney or Giuliani's heckling laughter seemed.

3. John McCain blamed the American people--literally, the American people, not policy--for losing faith in the Vietnam War. My jaw dropped. I thought, "Did he just blame America first?"

4. The café interview (http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/818950_qrhbf/clips_Caf__.html) in Lake Jackson, TX. It's oddly...endearing. (I can't believe I just used the word, "endearing" to describe a politician).

Here's to the Ron Paul Revolution; to suffering many defeats, and attaining success in the long-run.

Sincerely yours,
Omphfullas Zamboni

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
02-13-2008, 02:47 AM

Here's why, for me anyway. That's not what the general populace wants. That's what is given to the general populace, who are pretty much too busy to be involved. Most people are living pretty cushy lives, even the poor.

So, I don't give up because there are still a lot of people to talk to.

If I really thought the general populace wanted what they get, or even knew what they were getting, I'd look at this entire thing (country, world, etc) differently.

Gimme Some Truth
02-13-2008, 02:49 AM

Well, you wont forget because you are gonna be part of it , right?

Carole
02-13-2008, 02:50 AM
Here is one very good reason.

The War On Democracy by John Pilger

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3739500579629840148&q=democracy&total=20253&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

JoBurke
02-13-2008, 03:02 AM
Hello,

Honestly, (and my cynicism is showing), I foresaw an altogether different outcome unraveling here. At about the time Bradley in DC was railing against HQ, I expected comments along the lines of:

Sincerely yours,
Omphfullas Zamboni

Liberty or Death!

Ready2Revolt
02-13-2008, 04:17 AM
I don't give up because it is a movement. I think those that want to keep the status quo want intend to demoralize us into thinking we cannot make a difference and become apathetic again. Hopefully this is just the beginnig.

QCB79
02-13-2008, 11:35 AM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b92/ruabrannw/senatorsclassonconstitution.jpg

freelance
02-13-2008, 11:36 AM
Well, if you have to ask....

Hurricane Bruiser
02-13-2008, 12:02 PM
We support the driving ideas that Ron Paul believes in and speaks of. If at times he is not as eloquent or polished as some would like, or focuses on topics that won't gain him traction, we shrug and keep going forward because we want liberty restored. Many of us having been fighting for the ideas he speaks of for years and ANY chance to spread those ideas is worth pursuing.

When you actually listen to some of his speeches, he is very inspiring to those of us who care about liberty.

WilliamC
02-13-2008, 12:04 PM
Hello,

Sincerely yours,
Omphfullas Zamboni

This is why we fight. (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6015291679758430958)

Watch, listen, learn.

Then act.