PDA

View Full Version : Wasted Vote 2008

vijayb
02-12-2008, 11:41 PM
Dear friends and fellow Ron Paul supporters,

after traveling to New Hampshire, Nevada and California to campaign for Dr Paul, I finally had the chance to return home to Washington state to campaign in my home town Seattle.

We delivered a terrific result for Dr Paul in the Washington caucus, and we believe we won based on the number of precinct delegates committed to Dr Paul. The straw-poll numbers tell a different story, but those numbers are meaningless in terms of delegates selected to go to the national convention.

But here's where things get interesting; Washington state is odd in that it runs both a caucus AND a primary for both parties. For the GOP, the primary decides approximately 50% of the delegates sent to their national convention. For the Democrats it decides none - only the caucus counts. And here's the kicker: the primary is totally open; registered voters of either party can vote in either primary!

This creates a unique situation where Democrats would be totally wasting their vote if they voted in their own primary, yet they have the chance to influence the Republican primary.

For that reason I started an effort to educate Democrats in Washington State about why they should not waste their vote by participating in the Democratic primary on February 19th.

The website for this effort is called Wasted Vote 2008 (http://wastedvote2008.com)

If you have friends who are Democrats that live in Washington, please pass the word on to them about this website. You can also help spread the word by blogging about this effort, or writing about it on Myspace, Facebook, digg or other popular websites.

Your help in this effort is truly appreciated.

sincerely,
Vijay (Director of Operation Live Free or Die (http://operationlivefreeordie.com)).

LibertyEagle
02-12-2008, 11:42 PM
Thanks Vijay. :)

Give me liberty
02-12-2008, 11:44 PM
New Hampshire was a waste

and they are a die state.

And ya good work keep it up.

Banana
02-12-2008, 11:50 PM
I want to clarify something:

If you've already caucused for Dems, it would be a prejury to vote in Republican primary. Of course, the turnout for caucus was much lower, so it shouldn't really be a concern, but something to be aware of.

jbuttell
02-13-2008, 12:10 AM
Thank you Vijay for all your hard work!!!

ultimaonliner
02-13-2008, 12:37 AM
vijay,

You are a true patriot. Aren't you in the google interview with Ron Paul?
Thanks for all your sacrifices and hard work. Not many would do what you did by quitting your job to help this country and Ron Paul.

N13
02-13-2008, 12:50 AM
five stars

Joseph Hart
02-13-2008, 01:01 AM
New Hampshire was a waste

and they are a die state.

And ya good work keep it up.

It wasn't a waste in the sense that we physically witnessed ballot stuffing. I was a witness on the last day of counting Monday and saw several discrepancies on the local level. The recount was accurate but the security at the actual polling venues was completely altered. Also the boxes were not delivered ontime and unsecured with easy peel away tape.

Bryan
02-13-2008, 02:13 PM
Thanks Vijay. :)

BarryDonegan
02-13-2008, 02:22 PM
great strategy!

ronpaulhawaii
02-13-2008, 02:29 PM
vijay,

You are a true patriot. Aren't you in the google interview with Ron Paul?
Thanks for all your sacrifices and hard work. Not many would do what you did by quitting your job to help this country and Ron Paul.

;):D

great strategy!

I agree, thanks Vijay and welcome to the forums

Laja
02-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Sent to all my Dem friends (who support B.O.) in Washington. Thanks, Vijay. You ROCK!

libertythor
02-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Personally I believe that telling people that their vote is wasted would be considered rude and condescending, but people have been programed to think that way, so it is worth a shot. And in this situation....there is more basis than ever for uttering "wasted vote".

Dear friends and fellow Ron Paul supporters,

after traveling to New Hampshire, Nevada and California to campaign for Dr Paul, I finally had the chance to return home to Washington state to campaign in my home town Seattle.

We delivered a terrific result for Dr Paul in the Washington caucus, and we believe we won based on the number of precinct delegates committed to Dr Paul. The straw-poll numbers tell a different story, but those numbers are meaningless in terms of delegates selected to go to the national convention.

But here's where things get interesting; Washington state is odd in that it runs both a caucus AND a primary for both parties. For the GOP, the primary decides approximately 50% of the delegates sent to their national convention. For the Democrats it decides none - only the caucus counts. And here's the kicker: the primary is totally open; registered voters of either party can vote in either primary!

This creates a unique situation where Democrats would be totally wasting their vote if they voted in their own primary, yet they have the chance to influence the Republican primary.

For that reason I started an effort to educate Democrats in Washington State about why they should not waste their vote by participating in the Democratic primary on February 19th.

The website for this effort is called Wasted Vote 2008 (http://wastedvote2008.com)

If you have friends who are Democrats that live in Washington, please pass the word on to them about this website. You can also help spread the word by blogging about this effort, or writing about it on Myspace, Facebook, digg or other popular websites.

Your help in this effort is truly appreciated.

sincerely,
Vijay (Director of Operation Live Free or Die (http://operationlivefreeordie.com)).

Cooter
02-13-2008, 02:56 PM
To me a wasted vote would be to vote for a guy you don’t believe in like McCain or Huck. If I’m voting my conscience, if I’m voting on principle, anything other than voting for Ron Paul is a waist.

ultimaonliner
02-13-2008, 05:27 PM
*bump*
*robot dance*

Soccrmastr
02-13-2008, 05:29 PM
actually good idea, hopefully this site will/will have swayed some people.