PDA

View Full Version : Taking down McCain - About an hour phone call with Ted Sempley

billjarrett
02-12-2008, 10:37 PM
Just got off the phone with Ted Sampley from www.vietnamveteransagainstjohnmccain.com .

He has agreed to help me write a letter demanding investigation into John McCains past that we can send to our senators, congressmen, and media.

He feels, like I do, if we get a huge representative mailing campaign going, that they will have no choice but to deal with the subject, since we are the ones who vote them into office.

We're going to keep in touch, and I hope to have something formal in the near future.

billjarrett
02-12-2008, 10:52 PM
Down to the bottom of the page with a whopping 1 view.

Bump.

nate895
02-12-2008, 10:54 PM
This is important.

nayjevin
02-12-2008, 10:58 PM
will disseminate!

this could be the nail!

kirkblitz
02-12-2008, 10:58 PM
im liking this idea.

billjarrett
02-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Bump so people know it's coming. I'm hoping to have something tomorrow, but we didn't set a time in stone.

RSLudlum
02-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Could it be a good idea to send it to the military publications also?

mynameisJason
02-12-2008, 11:15 PM
just watch...

this will be in the MSM after McInsane gets the nomination and not until. just watch.

LibertyEagle
02-12-2008, 11:17 PM
Please see...

www.nowaymccain.com

slantedview
02-12-2008, 11:17 PM
keep us informed. let's move this along asap.

billjarrett
02-12-2008, 11:20 PM
Could it be a good idea to send it to the military publications also?

I'd say send it whereever we want once we have it. He says it will more or less be the questions left unanswered after some commitee or something they had in the Senate years ago with him. Told me he has the documents from that committee still and will probably base it off that.

The guy was really awesome to talk with, and knows more about McCain than I probably know about myself. Told me that if when McCain gets questioned with this stuff, that he blows up and goes crazy.

After talking with Sampley and hearing the whole story from him, I believe that McCain is a really fricking scary guy. Especially in the position of president. There are some national security concerns with him in that position.

Kotin
02-12-2008, 11:21 PM
thanks alot man, this will really help

remember, strength in numbers!!!

billjarrett
02-12-2008, 11:24 PM
Please see...

www.nowaymccain.com

I'm aware of www.nowaymccain.com, which is more of a towards the GOP type thing. What Mr. Sampley and I are trying to come up with is something that should get him investigated on ethical grounds (hopefully).

When I get something here, the hosts of www.nowaymccain.com will be very welcome to add it to their site if they want.

RSLudlum
02-12-2008, 11:25 PM
just watch...

this will be in the MSM after McInsane gets the nomination and not until. just watch.

yeah, their battery is bursting at the seams and will blast when it best serves their belligerent agenda.

nayjevin
02-12-2008, 11:26 PM
Told me that if when McCain gets questioned with this stuff, that he blows up and goes crazy.

I have heard stories about him going into insane anger fits where he just shakes. they say it's really odd to watch.

I also heard a story that he was speaking somewhere one time and his father showed up to speak as well, and he said 'hello, sir.'

nate895
02-12-2008, 11:31 PM
I have heard stories about him going into insane anger fits where he just shakes. they say it's really odd to watch.

I also heard a story that he was speaking somewhere one time and his father showed up to speak as well, and he said 'hello, sir.'

I think whatever anger things he has is from his days in that prison camp.

I still don't think that makes it any less bad, it just means that he is unfit to be President. I think a proper investigation would find that out pretty quickly.

billjarrett
02-12-2008, 11:57 PM
Ok, here's what I got from him:

http://docs.google.com/View?docid=dm2g7dc_1hf8qwpfv

A bit of a mess, and not quite in the nice letter format I was hoping, but I think we can work with it. I gotta hit the sack soon, so I don't know if I'll get a chance to clean it up until tomorrow. If someone else here is good with writing professional style letters, feel free to jump in. I'm pretty good with it, but I wouldn't consider myself an expert like some around here are. If nobody runs with it by the AM I'll jump on it. I may have a better chance with it if some of it is worded a bit funny since I was told the whole story a bit earlier.

billjarrett
02-13-2008, 12:10 AM
Bump... no interest, no takers? /yawn

eok321
02-13-2008, 12:17 AM
Bump for end to McCenturyof Insanity

billjarrett
02-13-2008, 12:20 AM
Gonna start a new thread so I can link the "letter" in 1st post. Then I'm going to bed. For real. Alarm clock rings in 4 hours or so.

eok321
02-13-2008, 12:21 AM
Just sticking it in here to read it better as the link is a bit of a mess...........

For national security reasons, Sen. John McCain, the presumed Republican nominee for President and Commander in Chief of the United States military must be required to release his medical and POW files.

Presidential candidate John McCain claims his experience as a prisoner of the communists for 5

1/2 years (three of which he spent in solitary

confinement) better qualifies him to be President of the United States. He has forged that experience along with his military record deeply into his campaign.

McCain has admitted that his Vietnamese captors considered him a "special prisoner," the "crown prince" of U.S. POWs, because his father, Adm.

John McCain, was commander of all U.S. forces fighting in Vietnam.

He has admitted that because he was considered such a "special prisoner," he was targeted for intense indoctrination sessions by Vietnamese, Soviet, Chinese and Cuban intelligence agencies operating in U.S. POW camps.

According to McCain, the indoctrination sessions included nonstop brutal beatings and threats to withhold medical attention if he did not cooperate. McCain admits that on his fourth day of captivity, he broke and began cooperating with the communists.

"Demands for military information were

accompanied by threats to terminate my medical treatment if I [McCain] did not cooperate.

Eventually, I gave them my ship's name and squadron number, and confirmed that my target had been the power plant." Pages 193-194, by John McCain.

McCain implies that he collaborated with communist only once while being tortured and that he was so disturbed because he broke that he attempted suicide.

But, declassified U.S. government files show that McCain traded cooperation with the enemy for better treatment, not just once, but at least 32 times spanning about 18 months of the time he was kept isolated from other U.S. POWs.

How much more cooperation did POW McCain give his communist interrogators? How many statements and radio broadcasts did McCain actually make for the enemy? Why is he continuing to demand that his POW records remain classified?

It is incumbent upon McCain to prove to the American people that the 5 1/2 years he spent at the mercy of communist interrogators did not make him mentally unstable.

Does McCain still harbor stress triggered suicidal tendencies?

McCain was once treated for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) which is said to get worse over time for former POWs, what is the status of his treatment?

Does McCain’s former interrogators, the communist Vietnamese, Russians, Chinese and Cubans have anything in their secret intelligence files about his behavior as a prisoner which they could use to blackmail a President John McCain.

McCain must be required to explain why, during a May 1993 meeting with Vietnamese officials in Hanoi, he and former POW Pete Peterson (the U.S.

ambassador to Vietnam) threatened to derail U.S.

normalization of trade and diplomatic relations with Vietnam if "Vietnamese files possession pertaining to American POWs who were released in 1973 were ever made public."

Garnet Bill Bell, special assistant to Gen.

Thomas W. Needham, commander of the Joint Task Force for Full Accounting, was present at that meeting along with several other Americans.

The Vietnamese, according to Bell, agreed to keep the files, which were apparently extensive, confidential but threatened to release their files on former POW Marine Private Robert Garwood if he continued "to say bad things about them and accuse them of holding living American prisoners of war."

McCain must be required to explain why he wants those files kept secret.

McCain was a strong advocate for bringing Bosnian and Yugoslavian war criminals before a war crimes tribunal, but he opposed any kind of war crimes investigations of the Vietnamese. McCain must be required to answer why he is opposed to bringing to justice the Vietnamese torturers known by the American POWs as "the Bug, Slopehead, the Prick, the Soft Soap Fairy, Rabbit, the Cat, Zorba" and many others that were responsible for the murder of at least 55 U.S. POWs and the brutal torture of hundreds of others.

In November 1991, when Tracy Usry, the former chief investigator of the Minority Staff of the U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee, testified before the Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs, he revealed that the Soviets interrogated U.S. prisoners of war in Vietnam.

McCain became outraged, interrupting Usry several times, arguing that "none of the returned U.S.

prisoners of war released by Vietnam were ever interrogated by the Soviets."

Yet, former U.S. POW Laird Gutterson, who was held with McCain, told the that McCain told him the Soviets were involved when McCain needed special medical attention as a result of his shootdown in 1967.

Former KGB Maj. Gen. Oleg Kalugin testified under oath before the 1992 Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs that the KGB interrogated U.S. POWs in Vietnam.

Gen. Kalugin stated that one of the POWs worked on by the KGB was a "high-ranking naval officer,"

who, according to Kalugin, agreed to work with the Soviets upon his repatriation to the United States and has frequently appeared on U.S. television.

Col. Bui Tin, a former Senior Colonel in the North Vietnamese Army, testified on the same day, but after Usry, that because of his high position in the Communist Party during the war, he had the authority to "read all documents and secret telegrams from the politburo" pertaining to American prisoners of war. He said that not only did the Soviets interrogate some American prisoners of war, but that they treated the Americans very badly.

McCain stunned onlookers at the hearing when he rushed forward to the witness table and warmly embraced Col. Bui Tin as if he was a long, lost brother. Why did McCain physically embrace his former interrogator.

McCain must explain, in detail, exactly what contact he had with the former Soviets while he was a prisoner of the communists.

Candidate McCain must answer why he warmly embraced Col. Bui Tin, one of his former interrogators.

During the Senate Select Committee on POW/MIA Affairs hearings, McCain opposed all efforts by the POW/MIA families and activists to have the Select Committee expand its investigation to study how successful the Vietnamese, Soviet, Chinese and Cuban interrogation apparatuses were at exploiting American prisoners of war . During the Korean War, one out of every three U.S. POWs collaborated.

McCain must answer why he has opposed a U.S.

government study that would determine the success or failure of Vietnamese, Soviet, Chinese and Cuban attempts at exploiting American prisoners of war

billjarrett
02-13-2008, 12:29 AM
That will work, thanks. The e-mail he sent me wasn't formatted very well, and I guess neither was my document. Thought it would look better in the doc than here, guess I was wrong.

Looking through this, I think theres some good stuff. Dunno if we can use it all or not, but definately workable. If anyone thinks we need any more information on any of this stuff to flesh it out, he gave me his cell number and told me I could follow up with him.

billjarrett
02-13-2008, 12:40 AM
Last bump for me... If nothing moves on it I'll pick it up sometime tomorrow.

Madsci30
02-13-2008, 12:47 AM
Republican Tea Party...against Mccain

http://gopteaparty.com/index.htm

CurtisLow
02-13-2008, 12:55 AM
just tuned in.... Great idea!

pacelli
02-13-2008, 12:56 AM
That will work, thanks. The e-mail he sent me wasn't formatted very well, and I guess neither was my document. Thought it would look better in the doc than here, guess I was wrong.

Looking through this, I think theres some good stuff. Dunno if we can use it all or not, but definately workable. If anyone thinks we need any more information on any of this stuff to flesh it out, he gave me his cell number and told me I could follow up with him.

Ask him if he has any video or pictures of McCain embracing his interrogator, and any audio of the interrogator saying that the soviets were working on all of the prisoners.

billjarrett
02-13-2008, 01:01 AM
Ask him if he has any video or pictures of McCain embracing his interrogator, and any audio of the interrogator saying that the soviets were working on all of the prisoners.

Sent him an e-mail asking. It will probably be tomorrow before I get any info on it though. I'm pretty sure he's probably sleeping at this hour, and I should be...

Finishing up a tad of homework, and I keep making the mistake of popping in here to see what's going on...

Edit-----------------------------

Found the picture on my own: http://www.usvetdsp.com/mcain_bu.gif

I doubt he would have the audio, but I asked. If anything though he may be able to cite a source.

Another pic of interest http://www.usvetdsp.com/gifs/mcaincuban.jpg

eok321
02-13-2008, 01:04 AM
Go to bed bill..pick it up tomorrow

billjarrett
02-13-2008, 01:09 AM
Go to bed bill..pick it up tomorrow

Done.. but the refresh button is just so addicting..

I've been trying to make it through a chapter on "Human Populations" for my Envirnomental Studies course, but keep coming back here. Kept promising myself to finish the chapter before going to bed.. Guess Ill do it tomorrow, not due until Friday.

Have fun guys.

ArbitraryExpert
02-13-2008, 01:46 AM
Associating with the Ron Paul campaign with Ted Sampley will do more harm than good, and give the opposition more ammunition.

Ted Sampley has been long discredited in the media, he is known racist, compulsive liar, felon, and a bigot who uses the plight of POWs for his own gain.

Don't believe me? Just look at his record:

Named one of the "World's Worst" persons in American politics:
http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/01/19/countdown%E2%80%99s-worst-persons-ted-swift-boat-sampley-lou-dobbs-and-bill-oreilly/

A compulsive liar:
http://www.miafacts.org/prankster.htm

A total nutjob (and liar):
http://mediamatters.org/items/200408110010

More racist commentary:
http://pushingrope.blogspot.com/2008/01/meet-ted-sampley.html

This one's great, he uses the "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" logo to mail out his propaganda, but changes boat to "boot" and keeps everything else the same. The group found out and blasted him for it, they actually support McCain:
http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/005084.php

When you were on the phone with him did you ask about the "Manchurian Candidate" because Sampley believes the McCain was enlisted by secret communist agents for the KGB.

Also one last bit on the "songbird" fliers that he handed out:
http://www.sptimes.com/2008/01/18/Worldandnation/Flier_smears_McCain_s.shtml

Associating anything in the campaign with this guy or supporting him in any way is absolutely reprehensible. We may not agree with John McCain's positions... but as one person said about Ted Sampley, "there is a special place in hell for this guy."

..PAUL4PRES..
02-13-2008, 01:52 AM
Associating with the Ron Paul campaign with Ted Sampley will do more harm than good, and give the opposition more ammunition.

Ted Sampley has been long discredited in the media, he is known racist, compulsive lier, felon, and a bigot who uses the plight of POWs for his own gain.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/01/19/countdown%E2%80%99s-worst-persons-ted-swift-boat-sampley-lou-dobbs-and-bill-oreilly/

A compulsive lier:

A total nutjob (and lier):

More racist commentary:
http://pushingrope.blogspot.com/2008/01/meet-ted-sampley.html

This one's great, he uses the "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" logo to mail out his propaganda, but changes boat to "boot" and keeps everything else the same. The group found out and blasted him for it, they actually support McCain:
http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/005084.php

When you were on the phone with him did you ask about the "Manchurian Candidate" because Sampley believes the McCain was enlisted by secret communist agents for the KGB.

http://www.sptimes.com/2008/01/18/Worldandnation/Flier_smears_McCain_s.shtml

Associating anything in the campaign with this guy or supporting him in any way is absolutely reprehensible. We may not agree with John McCain's positions... but as one person said about Ted Sampley, "there is a special place in hell for this guy."

Nice First Post.....:rolleyes:
Dont link to the no spin zone please. LOL

RonPaulFever
02-13-2008, 01:52 AM
After reading all of that stuff about McCain, I feel a great deal of empathy for him. None of us can imagine what horrors he or any other POW's must have gone through. I am sure he still suffers from those memories to this very day.

Nevertheless, he is completely and utterly unfit to be President.

bcreps85
02-13-2008, 01:53 AM
Let us know. Hopefully something comes of this.

..PAUL4PRES..
02-13-2008, 01:54 AM
After reading all of that stuff about McCain, I feel a great deal of empathy for him. None of us can imagine what horrors he or any other POW's must have gone through. I am sure he still suffers from those memories to this very day.

Nevertheless, he is completely and utterly unfit to be President.

I know but it has to be addressed. This is serious. We cant have a real raving lunatic for President.

RonPaulFever
02-13-2008, 01:58 AM
I know but it has to be addressed. This is serious. We cant have a real raving lunatic for President.

I agree. It's just sad that we have to resort to this kind of thing to bring him down. In a fair and open media environment, he would be completely discredited on the issues; unfortunately, it is anything but fair and open and this is the result.

ArbitraryExpert
02-13-2008, 02:04 AM
Nice First Post.....:rolleyes:
Dont link to the no spin zone please. LOL

No spin zone?

Please click the link :D

It's an article about the 3 worst people in American politics.

Ted Sampley is #3... the reason you see Bill O'Reilly in the URL is because he... *drumroll* #1!

It's an anti-"No Spin Zone" article... you should know the Crooks and Liars would never be associated with Fox or O'Reilly.

..PAUL4PRES..
02-13-2008, 02:05 AM
If them Democrats dont start talking about it soon, I expect the whole election is a set up.

I think Ron Has know about McCain's problem from the start. If this hits the mainstream its over for McCain and it our man and Huckabee convincing delegates. I can always dream. Though I could be a fortune teller. :D

ArbitraryExpert
02-13-2008, 02:19 AM
If them Democrats dont start talking about it soon, I expect the whole election is a set up.

I think Ron Has know about McCain's problem from the start. If this hits the mainstream its over for McCain and it our man and Huckabee convincing delegates. I can always dream. Though I could be a fortune teller. :D

Democrats are still sore about Kerry, and that was a much more organized movement with soldiers who were actually in Kerry's unit.

If Democrats call the SBVFT movement below the belt... they'd be accused of being hypocritical if they endorsed something shady like Ted Sampley. Heck, Ted Sampley was part of the Kerry smear too and Ted even accosted Kerry in front of a bunch of school children. I doubt the Dems are too eager to jump on board with anyone who made a career out of trashing their candidate in 2004.

brandon13830
02-13-2008, 02:24 AM
It's worth a shot. I'll do some emailing.

alaric
02-13-2008, 02:30 AM
yeah, their battery is bursting at the seams and will blast when it best serves their belligerent agenda.

even if this happens, I am writing in Ron Paul no matter what!

ord33
02-13-2008, 03:19 AM
Ted Sampley was one of the head honchos with Vietnam Veterans Against Kerry - a little bit of a different group than Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, but along very similar lines. I followed the Swift Boat Veterans closely and although it was a bit of a low blow to Kerry, even though the media calls all of their claims lies, I am not aware of a single allegation they made to be proven false.

Sampley, although he is probably correct in many of his assumptions and facts, is a very controversial figure and I dont think Dr. Paul would approve using his name associated with Mr. Sampley and the "Swift Boating" of John McCain. I am all about calling out and questioning McCain (especially on his Senate Committee for the POW/MIA) but please I urge you not to associate the questioning with Dr. Paul.

I highly doubt the Democrats will use it (they probably wouldnt have to if Obama wins) due to what happened to Kerry in 2004. At least McCain cant cry out about the Swift Boat Vets/Sampley being one sided politically motivated! Bring the issues to light, but not in Dr. Paul's name or anything associated with him. I would think the Vietnam Vets Against McCain would have the sources and would get the funding to do it on their own. It is nice to have the information to us though!

ArbitraryExpert
02-13-2008, 03:22 AM
Ted Sampley was one of the head honchos with Vietnam Veterans Against Kerry - a little bit of a different group than Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, but along very similar lines. I followed the Swift Boat Veterans closely and although it was a bit of a low blow to Kerry, even though the media calls all of their claims lies, I am not aware of a single allegation they made to be proven false.

Sampley, although he is probably correct in many of his assumptions and facts, is a very controversial figure and I dont think Dr. Paul would approve using his name associated with Mr. Sampley and the "Swift Boating" of John McCain. I am all about calling out and questioning McCain (especially on his Senate Committee for the POW/MIA) but please I urge you not to associate the questioning with Dr. Paul.

Check out my post on page 3-4, most of what he says are out and out lies.

I dunno about SBVFT, but Sampley is, and always has been known, to be full of shit.

thoughtbombing
02-13-2008, 03:48 AM
dump.

thoughtbombing
02-13-2008, 03:49 AM
I am not aware of a single allegation they made to be proven false.

Don't even have to be true, either.. just float them and let the media play around with the idea for a while... it won't matter who said what, or about whom.... they don't care, they will sink anyone.

kathy88
02-13-2008, 06:48 AM
Bump

Bruno
02-13-2008, 08:17 AM
Another bump

AlbemarleNC0003
02-13-2008, 08:21 AM
just watch...

I can hear Anderson Cooper now (or Wolf Blitzen Donner Dasher Dancer Prancer and Vixen)

New allegations have surfaced regarding John McCain and the Senate Committee established years ago to release information about MIA/POWs in Vietnam. They'll be all like, we had no idea! Bastards.

Revolution9
02-13-2008, 08:26 AM
I think whatever anger things he has is from his days in that prison camp.

John McCain made a deal for medical treatment and to sing. In exchange he got an apartment in downtown Hanoi with two prostitute concubines. He returned after six years and claimed solitary confinement to the other POW's. This is well known to those that keep him blackmailed..

HTH
Randy

Revolution9
02-13-2008, 08:35 AM
http://www.rumormillnews.com/pix4/pic2a.jpg
HTH
Randy

lastnymleft
02-13-2008, 08:58 AM
Send the info from Ted, and Ted's phone number, to this guy, Robert Greenwald, of Brave New Films. He's a Dem, but he's gunning for McCain, and has done some great stuff so far. He'll be able to source video of the things in the letter (the hug would be a winner!). Let them run with it, and get the blood on their hands. Not saying you still shouldn't pursue the letter option, but they'll do it HIGH profile, with national TV adverts. They're not going to wait for the Dem nomination race to be over, either.

This is a good strategy: "If your opponent is quick to anger, seek to irritate him"--Sun Tzu

I think if we can ask a really damning question, and get it on QUALITY video, it'll make his head explode, and then make national news, as well as going viral.

Get the info to Greenwald, and do a letter, sure, but right now, let's see if we can get some people on the ground, at McCain rallies, to ask him some questions from the audience.

Let's kick some questions around. Make them such that they can be asked innocently, but really leave him in a corner, and get him flustered.

Below is an email I received yesterday, from Robert Greenwald at info@bravenewfilms.org

Dear activists, colleagues, and friends,

We laugh, we yell, we worry. But, thankfully, we live in a time and a world where we can do something.

You stopped two FOX run debates using the FOX Attacks videos to spread the word, change people's opinions, and influence the media's story. You helped get advertisers to pull ads from Michael Savage's hateful radio program using the video. You spread the word about Rudy Giuliani on 9/11 with the investigative videos about the faulty radios and command center, and we saw how the public reacted.

And now, while Clinton and Obama are focused on winning the nomination, we have a job to do. And here's the tool, our first scripted BNF videos:

Watch the video!
http://lessjobsmorewars.com/?utm_source=rgemail

We can't let the media continue its love affair with John McCain. We can't let people see a straight shooter when what we really have is a shoot first, ask questions later kind of guy. We've seen this movie before, and we can't let the next few months pass by by without telling the real story. We will use humor at times, but this is a very serious campaign to use the horrors of war and the facts of the Iraq recession to reach people.

Will you invest a dollar for every year you think John McCain will keep us in Iraq? A dollar now could quite possibly save us from the decades of "more wars" McCain has promised.

Make an investment: http://lessjobsmorewars.com/donate.php

At a time when all television spots are fundraised around helping a particular candidate win, there is a critically important role for online communications to play. We can reach hundreds of thousands online, instantly. Wired just did an article about this here: http://www.wired.com/politics/law/news/2008/02/youtube_election

Brave New Films was on the case over a year ago with The REAL McCain, and it looked like America was through with him after that. But now he's back and more dangerous than ever. We must act now!

Robert Greenwald
and the crew at Brave New Films

P.S. Watch The REAL McCain short documentary here: http://therealmccain.com/?utm_source=rgemail

---
Brave New Films is located at 10510 Culver Blvd., Culver City, CA 90232. You can get our latest videos on email, iTunes, RSS, Facebook, and YouTube here. To stop receiving the latest videos from us, click here.

lastnymleft
02-13-2008, 09:10 AM
Done.. but the refresh button is just so addicting..

I've been trying to make it through a chapter on "Human Populations" for my Envirnomental Studies course, but keep coming back here. Kept promising myself to finish the chapter before going to bed.. Guess Ill do it tomorrow, not due until Friday.

Have fun guys.

Just subscribe to the thread, and set your preferences to instant email update. You'll get advised about relevant threads, but not tempted to get distracted by Page 1 of the Grassroots section.

There are some handy features to this BBS, but it seems few use them. Start at the User Control Panel.

TastyWheat
02-13-2008, 09:12 AM
We really need the truth about McCain's military service to come out. His #1 selling point is his record as a POW.

billjarrett
02-13-2008, 10:11 AM
Send the info from Ted, and Ted's phone number, to this guy, Robert Greenwald, of Brave New Films. He's a Dem, but he's gunning for McCain, and has done some great stuff so far. He'll be able to source video of the things in the letter (the hug would be a winner!). Let them run with it, and get the blood on their hands. Not saying you still shouldn't pursue the letter option, but they'll do it HIGH profile, with national TV adverts. They're not going to wait for the Dem nomination race to be over, either.

I agree with this, but we have to sort through that "letter" Ted Sampley sent me too. Not only is it not formatted well, it's not exactly what I was looking for, but it gives me a start. Hopefully, I'll have some time to work on it. As I've mentioned in other threads I'm a full time worker, student, husband and father. But I do what I can. I was kinda hoping Sampley had more writing skills. I posted exactly what was sent to me, and I think if we send something to Robert Greenwald its going to have to be a little more professional and formatted than what we have now.

I'm also in agreement on this, and if theres a friendly non Paul related forum that we could make this work in, we could move this there. I don't view this as a "Ron Paul Supporters vs McCain" issue. This is a "concerned voter with questions about McCain" issue. I'm also assuming that we still have the viral marketing pull that we did a few months ago, but I'm not so sure how much we have since Super Tuesday.

I was kinda building the letter in my head on my commute into work this morning, but don't have time to type it out formally and do fact finding right now. Actually, I don't know if I'll be able to get to it today at all as I really need to catch up on some homework. But anyways, rough draft sketch of what I was thinking:

Senator/Congressman whomever,
As a concerned, active voter in your district I have become to be concerned with allegations that have recently surfaced regarding John McCains psychological stability and possible situations in his past as a POW that could undermine our national security.

{Bullet point/numbered list here of things from Sampley that seem not very conspiracy like, and that we can find at least a little documentation on

e.g.
- There is a picture of John McCain in a friendly embrace with one of his interrogators, Colonel Bui Tin. Normally one would think that a POW would not be so welcoming to someone who supposedly tortured him. I would like an investigation into whether or not John McCain may suffer from Stockholm Syndrome, which would cause a definate national security concern.

- Some of the other issues, with maybe a little backing evidence or witness naming, followed with a psychological or national security concern.

As a registered voter in your district, I would hope that you would do your due diligence in investigating these concerns. Since John McCain is now a serious contender in our presidential election coming up this year, I believe that it is imperative that we get these doubts on his past record looked into and whatever conclusion on these issues done by an investigating commitee made available to the public as soon as possible. Since the Vietnam War and the Cold War are both long over, I would imagine there is very little that would be of a national security concern in John McCains classified POW records, and would like to request that they be declassified and opened to the public immediately.

If there is no action taken upon this request, or response to me with a logical explanation as to why no action has been taken, I will make sure to keep this in mind during your next general election attempt.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter,

John Smith
Concerned Voter
District 123

Thats the general idea of what I'm thinking about. But like I said, I'm cramped for time until probably sometime this weekend, but I can squeeze out a little here and there if that's what it takes. If we want to make this a collaborative effort, thats fine with me too.

ArbitraryExpert
02-13-2008, 11:09 AM
Ted Sampley has long been discredited by the media and even blogs.

He broke the news once in 1992, and again in 2000 when he claimed that John McCain was actually a secret KGB agent that had been trained and hypnotized by Soviet handlers, aka the Manchurian Candidate... but after the truth came out about Sampley himself, people stopped paying attention to him.

The only news story that would happen here is that the RP campaign was found to be willingly working with a known racist, felon, and compulsive liar to start up a McCain smear campaign.

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/0...-bill-oreilly/

A compulsive liar:

A total nutjob (and liar):

More racist commentary:
http://pushingrope.blogspot.com/2008...d-sampley.html

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmem...ves/005084.php

http://www.sptimes.com/2008/01/18/Wo...McCain_s.shtml

Smear jobs won't end McCain at this point, there isn't anything on the guy that hasn't already been used against him.

billjarrett
02-13-2008, 11:29 AM
Ted Sampley has long been discredited by the media and even blogs.

He broke the news once in 1992, and again in 2000 when he claimed that John McCain was actually a secret KGB agent that had been trained and hypnotized by Soviet handlers, aka the Manchurian Candidate... but after the truth came out about Sampley himself, people stopped paying attention to him.

The only news story that would happen here is that the RP campaign was found to be willingly working with a known racist, felon, and compulsive liar to start up a McCain smear campaign.

Smear jobs won't end McCain at this point, there isn't anything on the guy that hasn't already been used against him.

Umm.. You just talked about discrediting, and listed mediamatters as a source? Plus, if you noticed, nowhere in my example letter did I quote Sampley. Some of the stuff he says is over the top. Some of the stuff theres things like pictures of or documentation. I want to focus on the 2nd group, and not to as extreme at point as Sampley.

lastnymleft
02-13-2008, 03:55 PM
Normally one would think that a POW would not be so welcoming to someone who supposedly tortured him.

"...particularly given that he openly racistly refers to them as "gooks", having very recently said "I hated the gooks. I will hate them as long as I live."

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/opinion/hongop.shtml

pacelli
02-13-2008, 04:07 PM
HTH
Randy

Thanks, this is great for an anti-McCain flyer.

RlxdN10sity
02-13-2008, 05:04 PM
We have to break the dirt on McCain before the establishment does. They intend to have Hillary be the next president by running a glass jawed, war mongering, neo-con, as a Reupublican. The moment he is nominated, all the dirt that we have been digging is gonna be dumped out of the MSM dump trucks. If we dump first, they will not get the nominee they intend to defeat.

Banana
02-13-2008, 05:06 PM
HTH
Randy

"...particularly given that he openly racistly refers to them as "gooks", having very recently said "I hated the gooks. I will hate them as long as I live."

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/opinion/hongop.shtml

Seems to contradict each other?

lastnymleft
02-13-2008, 08:19 PM
Seems to contradict each other?

Bingo! How can anyone be so openly racist against an entire race, but be so lovy-dovy with someone that is alleged to have been your torturer?

Something is rotten in the State of Arizona.

puppetmaster
02-13-2008, 08:25 PM
http://thinkprogress.org/2008/02/13/mccain-waterboarding-fail/

billjarrett
02-14-2008, 07:28 AM

Not sure what kind of info is in it, but he just put a 60 minutes video on the front page in response to me passing this on to him. So, might not be interrogator audio, but still might have what you want..

Its the video after "Presidential candidate John McCain denied that the Soviets interrogated U.S. POWs in Vietnam. But, former U.S., Soviet, and Vietnamese intelligent agents say they did. Why is McCain lying?" at the top of his web page.

Rhys
02-14-2008, 07:34 AM
i'll send it to my reps

billjarrett
02-14-2008, 09:14 AM
i'll send it to my reps

Thanks. Hopefully I can get this written up sometime this weekend so people can proofread it, I'm pretty swamped right now though. Or, if someone gets where I'm going with it from the small sample I wrote up earlier, feel free to run with it. I don't think we can use everything he sent us, but between that and other info (some even posted in this thread) I think we can make a convincing argument.

Some of what Sampley has sent is verifiable (well, nothings ever verifiable, but good enough) with pictures and old/current media stories. What I am looking for is a letter that is based off of actual media stories, pictures, audio, and video and not "Bob was in the room and he says it happened". So there's still some research to do, but I think this is a good start.