PDA

View Full Version : Who should organize the rally?

Liberty or Death
02-12-2008, 10:01 PM
I think most of us are in agreement that the grassroots should organize this event and not HQ so it doesn't turn into another Philadelphia debacle (ask someone who was involved with that event).

The problem that I am seeing though is that there are so many different groups that are trying to take the lead on this thing that it could turn into major confusion.

Here is my proposal: Every group who thinks that they have a plan on how to pull off this rally should assemble their team, get in touch with a profesional event coordinator and planner if possible, form an official organization, and put their plan in writing. They should then submit their plan to Dr. Paul, or a designated agent of his (such as Rand Paul), to select the best organization to head up the effort.

Once we have one official organization in place it would be so much easier to coordinate our efforts, and avoid confusion that would turn an event of this much importance into an utter failure.

I feel that this is a very fair proposal that everyone could agree upon. This is not to say that there wouldn't be any room for other groups to do anything as there will be plenty of work to be done. The official organization would just coordinate the efforts of all groups and individuals involved to make sure that this rally is the success that we all want it to be.

That's my 2 cents, now let's reunite the Revolution!!

John of Des Moines
02-12-2008, 10:12 PM
Well, I think the campaign should handle the permitting, the staging/sound, have the final say on speakers and the grassroots figures out how to get there.

jdmx
02-12-2008, 10:13 PM
An official group will organize naturally. Give it a few days

tamor
02-12-2008, 10:15 PM
We need direction from RP and his HQ and for all the legal things that need to happen-- we can take care of organizing the people

thoughtbombing
02-12-2008, 10:17 PM
Hi there... I'm currently forming a list of people who the forums want to speak for them at the Rally... there are some people who are being questioned, but I have put everyone on the list who has been requested. Once the list hits 50 names, I'll break them down into groups of like 10(or however many you can add to a poll with multiple vote ability) where people can accept or reject them... then we take the lowest 5 vote totals and they are gone to POOL B.

The top five go to POOL A.

We will do this for all 50, and once we have an A Pool and a B Pool, we'll have a vote for the B Pool... and take the TOP 2 from that vote and let them speak. So this way, there will still be people speaking that were requested, but not necessarily the most popular.

Pool A will be the favorites of the group, and we'll vote them down to the top 5 out of 50, these top 5 will be contacted to see if they would be willing to speak at the Rally. If no, then we take the next highest vote getter, etc...

No delegates, no insurgency, just straight up Democracy. And for equal representation, we'll include 2 of the Pool B people, to be voted on by the forums. So everyone is happy, or at least a LITTLE happy. If no one you wanted gets voted on, then that sucks, but that is life. Welcome to being a Ron Paul supporter :D

That said, I've also got a running list of people FROM THIS FORUM who would like a 5-10 minute speaking spot at the Rally, so far the list is like 5 deep including myself. Frankly, I don't know that these should be voted on. If people from these ranks want to speak, they should get the mic for 5 minutes to have their voices heard.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=119306

List is there... get your voice heard now, because when it hits 50, it's over. The Paul's do NOT count as part of the 50, nor do the campaign staff, such as Jesse Benton, etc.

Liberty or Death
02-12-2008, 10:17 PM
Just remember Philadelphia. I think HQ should focus on other things like the Presidential Campaign.

George_Redner
02-13-2008, 02:04 PM
Just remember Philadelphia. I think HQ should focus on other things like the Presidential Campaign.

Agreed.
RPs National Campaign Manager Lew Moore stepped on a lot of grass root toes, especially in regards to the Nov 10th Philly event.

The further Moore stays away from the event the better. The march might have a much greater turnout. Lew has a penchant of pissing off the grass roots like no other... check this article out on Lew Moores ineptness...

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=13613837&blogID=356899058

Also, why not ask poker Face for help with putting on the event..
They have played 10-20 shows/rallies in DC. They have participated, to helped organize several of them... We need to use our resources wisely, and here is a good one, that so far is untapped.