PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Republican Needs Funds

skiingff
02-12-2008, 09:54 PM
Amit Singh is a Ron Paul-inspired Republican running hard for Congress in VA's 8th, in the Northern Virginia suburbs of DC. He will be espousing himself as a moderate Republican, in hopes of gaining traction in this moderate, left-leaning district.

The Pentagon, Fort Belvoir, Fort Myer, and a barage of other military/national security & government contractors are located in this District. Amit is an engineer, a graduate of the University of Virginia and works in the US Intelligence community. He has worked for the White House, DoD, FCC, Army Intelligence Command, NASA, and currently the NSA. He is the founder and CEO of his own business. His experience making the very technology currently being used in Iraq & Afghanistan will play over well in this area.

Amit is also an Indian-American descendant whose multicultural background and language abilities will help change the image of the local GOP as a "white males" group. This area, being right next to DC and containing a few very close to "harbor cities," is full of immigrants, both legal and illegal, and very diverse.

Amit is committed to the ideals of liberty as a long time RP supporter and will try to present them in a way which is easy for even the not-so-brightest to understand and appreciate.

Currently, he is raising $15,000 by March 25th. That's not asking for much compared to some of these guys. He's not asking for much because he's investing over $10,000 of his own money into his campaign.

$14,974 is the total amount Amit's opponent raised last time (2006) when he ran in the primary. We're trying to beat that with 15k by March 25, which is still over 3 months before this year's primary!!!

Amit's opponent is a pro-war, far right evangelical Christian who wants to "expand health care" while "cutting the federal deficit" (just look at his site! markellmore08.com). What a moron.

Please, donate today so we can defeat this guy in the primary and march to victory in the general election.

http://www.amit08.com/donate.html

me3
02-12-2008, 10:09 PM
//

doronster195
02-12-2008, 10:15 PM
Illegal and Legal Immigration

As the son of two immigrant parents, I understand the incentives people have to come to America. However, just like the ridiculously low speed limit laws in some areas, our current immigration laws are broken.
And I thought I was the only one who thought this way!

skiingff
02-12-2008, 10:46 PM
Bump for 15k

thoughtbombing
02-12-2008, 10:54 PM
blimp

Thunderbolt
02-12-2008, 11:14 PM
Ron Paul also needs funds for his congressional race. He is definitely a Ron Paul Republican. I am sure of that. I am also sure he needs money now.

http://www.ronpaulforcongress.com/

He needs 400,000 NOW. What is everyone waiting for? The primary is March 4. Hurry.

Please donate to Ron Paul - the one true Ron Paul Republican running for Congress. After he gets the money, then consider other people, but until he gets what he needs, can we focus on keeping this man in Congress?

abc123
02-12-2008, 11:18 PM
I just donated what I could.

I encourage yall to do the same!!!

thoughtbombing
02-12-2008, 11:32 PM
Dude, TEXAS BEGINS EARLY VOTING ON FEB 19TH!!!

Benaiah
02-13-2008, 12:33 AM
The only thing I'm not sure on with this Amit guy is free trade. He mentioned it when talking about Iran and Cuba. To us free trade means trading with everyone, but not entering agreements. To some, however, free trade means CAFTA, NAFTA, ect. Do you know if this guy is against all those bad "free trade" agreements?

ksuguy
02-13-2008, 12:44 AM
What's his position on the 2nd amendment? That is my #1 issue by far. Didn't see it on the issues page. He sounds pretty good on the other stuff.

skiingff
02-16-2008, 01:38 PM
What's his position on the 2nd amendment? That is my #1 issue by far. Didn't see it on the issues page. He sounds pretty good on the other stuff.

He's Pro-2nd Amendment and would vote against any federal gun regulations.

Unfortunately we live in a moderate left of center area and gun rights here is the opposite of what it is in Southern, rural Virginia so it's not something we're specifically highlighting on the issues page.

We're going to run a practical campaign. Amit can be practical and stick to his principles at the same time, so we'll be emphasizing local issues and moderate stands on national issues (eg "I'm against the Iraq occupation, and would like an orderly, phased withdrawal." "I'm for a green environment and sound technology." "I'm for legal immigration, but we must stop illegal immigration." "I would like to reduce the size & scope of government, but not cut off services to those in need.")

Hopefully by emphasizing moderate aspects he can be seen as a very viable candidate and when he gets elected people will trust the Constitutional way that he votes.

skiingff
02-16-2008, 01:47 PM
The only thing I'm not sure on with this Amit guy is free trade. He mentioned it when talking about Iran and Cuba. To us free trade means trading with everyone, but not entering agreements. To some, however, free trade means CAFTA, NAFTA, ect. Do you know if this guy is against all those bad "free trade" agreements?
He believes in open and free trade with all nations, and we do not need free trade agreements to do that. In fact, quite the opposite.

If anyone else has questions, you can contact Amit directly if you want an answer straight from him. His e-mail is aks [at] amit08 [dot] com and he loves to talk on the phone to clarify anything, I can provide his phone number on request.

We're campaigning hard, going to the GW Parade in Alexandria, VA on Monday, already had our first campaign meeting and Amit spoke at the Fairfax County GOP meeting as well. He has also been extended an invitation to the Colonial Republican tea party and is meeting with the campaign manager of the Republican nominee from the last election on Monday.

I'm Amit's asst. campaign manager. Our campaign manager was the New Hampshire state coordinator for Pat Buchanan in 1996. As you can see, we plan to run an aggressive campaign and we're running to win.

We're planning various local fundraising efforts, but right now we need 15k in "seed money" on top of the 10k Amit's already put in.

skiingff
02-16-2008, 03:20 PM
//