PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul In Atlanta On August 24th ..Volunteers Needed!

Revolution9
08-11-2007, 08:59 AM
mPort asked me on the Ames Newspaper Ad thread about Ron coming to Atlanta (why do i feel like I know him and can call him Ron and he would think that is just cool and dandy:D )

Below is a cut and paste of the original email i got from our great meetup group here. There are several around Atlanta and folks gravitate amongst them according to schedule. I would like to get a 1/3 page ad in Creative Loafing here for this visit and to knock everybody's lights on. Creative Loafing gets about a million viewers a week and the paper stays around for a week so folks can check concert events and art galleries. i just recently seen a favorable interview wth the Clearwater editor of CL who is entirely favorable to Ron Paul. The ad's size format as it stands now fits perfectly into te 1/3rd page format and is approximately 2/3rds the height of a column t standard weekly newspaper size. Add to this thread if you think we should get a donation kitty going for this and begin the process..or not..

Dear All Ron Paul Meetup Organizers in Georgia,

Yes the subject line is correct - Ron Paul will be here on August 24th!!!!!

Here's the scoop -

Congressman Ron Paul will be here on August 24th for a fundraiser. We have a maximum opportunity for 200 people to attend a $1,000 per plate fundraiser with Ron Paul. If we can swing this or come close to 200 participates/donors at this level then we can also have a rally - a really large rally at the Cobb Galleria the next day - August 25th.

In order to pull this off, we need lots of help from every single meetup in the state as well as pulling from all our border states.

Here is what we need:

1. 200 people willing to donate $1,000 to the Ron Paul campaign
2. All meetup organizers to coordinate our efforts for maximum exposure of this event - letting everyone in your group know about the events.
3. All meetup organizers to encourage and stress the importance of attending the fundraiser and rally to all their members.
4. Designated people from each meetup group to contact local radio/television/newspaper sources prior to the event - more specific information on this under a separate email.
5..Identify and network with other Ron Paul groups such as the Libertarian Party, Constitution Party, Patriot Network, various Yahoo groups, Google groups and any other group that we can think of that supports or should support Ron Paul for President and let them know about the fundraiser and rally - we need their help - we can not do it alone.
6. Identify personal such as off duty police, doctors, nurses, emt's that can work both events. Professionals that are also supporters that can donate their skills and time.
7. Bloggers that can work the area during the rally.
8. University/College groups for Ron Paul. These groups need to be activated in each area.

This plan for a fundraiser and rally came to my attention tonight at the Alpharetta Meetup because we had a new guest. Ricardo Davis was our guest tonight and first spoke about electronic voting (our other guest Garland from voterga.org was unable to come) and then Ricardo gave us the good news of the upcoming fundraiser and rally. In case you are wondering, Ricardo Davis is not an official member of the campaign. He is just a volunteer like us donating his time so that Ron Paul will be our next president. Ricardo does come with credentials, he worked on another successful campaign in the state - Dr. Paul Brown, Georgia's 10th District.

Below are two links regarding Ricardo Davis - the first one simply gives you information on the successful campaign he has worked on that is very similar to Ron Paul and the next link is in regard to his work with voterga.org.

http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/viewArticle.asp?articleID=11477
http://video1.washingtontimes.com/fishwrap/2007/07/georgia_election_bad_news_for_1.html

Please contact me at your earliest convenience so we may begin planning this event. There is much that we all need to do!!!!

Thanks

Martha Mellon
mellonmartha@gmail.com
770-569-2971
770-335-0313

Revolution9
08-11-2007, 09:36 AM
Bump

beermotor
08-11-2007, 09:48 AM
This date hasn't been confirmed yet, but should be pretty soon.

mport1
08-11-2007, 10:15 AM
Somebody mentioned in another thread that there will be an Atlanta event on the 24th. Can anybody confirm this and give me a link to the source? I checked the website but I couldn't find anything. I would need to change some travel plans if there is one.

mport1
08-11-2007, 10:31 AM
Anybody?

austin356
08-11-2007, 10:32 AM
Somebody mentioned in another thread that there will be an Atlanta event on the 24th. Can anybody confirm this and give me a link to the source? I checked the website but I couldn't find anything. I would need to change some travel plans if there is one.

I can confirm it is in the works. I cannot give great enough confirmation to provide a source other than to say I have talked with people who are putting it together.

The 24th seems like it will be the day. But I would not change plans b/c of it until a couple more days to see how the organization pans out.

Revolution9
08-11-2007, 10:34 AM
Anybody?

There is a thread on this in this section I made this morning.

Best Regards
Randy

Revolution9
08-11-2007, 10:37 AM
This date hasn't been confirmed yet, but should be pretty soon.

It seems to hinge on getting Dinners sold at 1G USD. People with lotsa cash..fly in for this. We have alot of arms industry repugs on the north side and we need to show them Ron can sell out this fund raiser. Then he will speak the next day at The Galleria..which will be packed.

Best Regards
Randy

MozoVote
08-11-2007, 10:37 AM
We need to do a "Mail Atlanta" campaign like the "Mail Iowa" one, or my little "Mail Greenville" one.

If we can get addresses, it could be pulled off by sourcing them out and we all make individual letters again. But don't rule out using a direct mail company. After all, they know what they do and can get good rates on postage.

RPR-omaha
08-11-2007, 10:40 AM
You will have to make sure to mail to rich people. The campaign must really be going places if they think they have a chance to raise 200K in one fundraiser.

MozoVote
08-11-2007, 10:42 AM
I'm assuming he will speak to the general public somewhere. They probably have not nailed down a venue. Sometimes that takes a while.

Bradley in DC
08-11-2007, 10:57 AM
There is a thread on this in this section I made this morning.

Best Regards
Randy

Thanks, Randy. For future reference, please let the moderators know by using the triangle button on the top right. We're trying to keep the threads together, but they move really fast in this forum!