PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Racing Announces Deal with NASCAR's Kenny Wallace & Mike Bliss

Kathleen_Hanover
02-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Check out this blog post at Ron Paul Racing (http://www.ronpaulracing.com/blog/?p=35) for a message from Kenny Wallace!

NEWS RELEASE - FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Ron Paul Supporters Raise Funds to Sponsor NASCAR's Mike Bliss and Kenny ("The Hermanator") Wallace (http://www.kennywallace.com)

Grassroots Supporters of Conservative Republican Presidential Candidate Announce Their Drive to Sponsor Fitz Motorsports drivers Kenny Wallace and Mike Bliss in the 35-Race NASCAR Nationwide Series

(Dayton, Ohio - February 12, 2008) Supporters of conservative Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul have had to become guerilla marketing experts as they strive to get their underdog candidate more media coverage. Their latest effort is an 11th-hour deal to sponsor two high-profile drivers in NASCAR's 2008 Nationwide Series (formerly the Busch Series.)

The grassroots group, known as Ron Paul Racing (http://www.ronpaulracing.com), announced today that the proposed season-long sponsorship deal would include the Fitz Motorsports Dodge number 36, driven by Kenny Wallace, and the Fitz Motorsports Dodge number 22, driven by Mike Bliss.

The racing season kicks off on February 16th at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona, Florida, and, like the Presidential campaign, runs into November. If the group is able to raise $100,000 of the $300,000 sponsorship fee by Friday, Feb. 15th, the Ron Paul sponsorship will become official in time for the inaugural race of the season, and the massive media attention that accompanies it.

"The $300,000 sponsorship deal will take Ron Paul's message of Peace, Prosperity and Freedom to over 75 millon NASCAR fans for nearly 40 weeks," says Ron Paul Racing (http://www.ronpaulracing.com) spokesperson Kathleen Hanover. "The deal includes Ron Paul signage on both cars, the team's pit equipment, and both 18-wheel transport vehicles." It also includes appearances by the team's 'Show Cars' at special events. "Ron Paul Racing hopes to schedule the appearance of a Ron Paul Show Car in Texas on March 4th, the day of the state's primary election," says Hanover.

Wallace, known as "The Hermanator," is a popular TV host on The Speed Channel, appearing on My NASCAR and NASCAR Race Day every week. In a recorded message to Ron Paul Racing supporters, Wallace stated his support for Ron Paul and his economic platform, calling the 10-term Congressman from Texas "a breath of fresh air."

Ron Paul Racing is raising funds for the sponsorship at www.ronpaulracing.com (http://www.ronpaulracing.com) with support from the Liberty Racing Political Action Committee. Supporters will sign the sponsorship contract with Fitz Motorsports once they've raised a $100,000 deposit. The group will have to raise $25,000 a month from then on to maintain its sponsorship.

"We think NASCAR fans are a perfect target for Ron Paul's message of small government, low taxes, secure borders, and strong national defense," says Hanover. "It's going to be tough to raise $100,000 in a week…but if anyone can do it, it's Ron Paul's fanatically active grassroots." Other groups of supporters have staged a series of independently organized "money bombs" that have raised up to $6 million for the Ron Paul presidential campaign. Thanks to his rank and file base of support, Ron Paul raised nearly $20 million in the fourth quarter of 2007, more than any other Republican candidate.

Supporters can donate online at www.ronpaulracing.com.

# # # #

Kathleen Hanover
Communications Director
Liberty Racing PAC
media [at] ronpaulracing.com

About Ron Paul
Ron Paul is the Conservative candidate for President of the United States. As a member of the U.S. House of Representatives, Dr. Ron Paul tirelessly works for limited constitutional government, low taxes, free markets, and a return to sound monetary policies. Dr. Paul never votes for legislation unless the proposed measure is expressly authorized by the Constitution. Congressman Paul’s consistent voting record prompted one of his congressional colleagues to say, “Ron Paul personifies the Founding Fathers’ ideal of the citizen-statesman. He makes it clear that his principles will never be compromised, and they never are.” Dr. Paul is an obstetrician who has delivered over 4,000 babies during his career. Ron and his wife Carol recently celebrated their 51st wedding anniversary. They have five children, 17 grandchildren, and one great-grandchild. He can be found online at www.ronpaul2008.com.

About Kenny Wallace
Kenny is one of NASCAR’s most colorful and popular personalities. He is featured on well-known racing-themed television and radio shows. Kenny’s popularity still continues to escalate with the success of SPEED Channel’s NASCAR RaceDay, the most popular NASCAR pre-race show, and NASCAR Victory Lane, where he is a regular personality. He's a 9-time NASCAR Busch Series Winner, and winner of 10 NASCAR Busch Series Pole Awards. He was voted the Busch Series' Most Popular Driver in 1991, 1994, and 2006. Racing is in Kenny Wallace’s blood. His father, Russ, was one of the Midwest’s most successful short track drivers and his older brothers, Rusty and Mike, compete against Kenny in the highest levels of NASCAR racing.

About Mike Bliss
A native of Milwaukie, Oregon, Mike Bliss raced his way to the NASCAR ranks driving midgets, super modifides, and sprint cars, landing his first NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series victory in
1993. Bliss began racing in NASCAR in 1995, driving the #08/2 Ford F-150 for Ultra Motorsports, and the next year he finished fifth in points. Bliss ran a partial season for Fitz Motorsports in the NASCAR Busch Series in 2007, posting three top-five finishes and four top-ten finishes. He helped bring the No.22 Fitz Motorsports Dodge to an 11th place finishing position in the NASCAR Busch Series Owners points for 2007.

About Liberty Racing PAC
Liberty Racing PAC was formed by race fans who are dedicated to advancing the cause of Liberty through the political process. We support candidates and organizations who work on behalf of a return to Constitutional government, the advancement of individual political and economic freedom, and the promotion of free market solutions to societal problems.

Bruno
02-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Let's keep this bumped.

samforpaul
02-12-2008, 07:37 PM
After the recent beatings we've taken it's not easy to dig down and give more.
However, could money that's still in the coffers be diverted to sponsor this. I know I'd tune in at times to see how the car(s) is doing. Heck, I might even attend a race.

miketwalker
02-12-2008, 08:22 PM
I think this is great, I think most of us on here are tapped out though. I know I've given all I feasibly can to the campaign and all of us are in that boat. It's unfortunate, and I wish I knew where you could find a new fountain to get some funding from, but I don't.

Perhaps you could look more to the NASCAR groups themselves, people that haven't been involved with the campaign before and the people in small towns that love their racing that will back this. I wish you the best of luck, but I would definitely focus on trying to find your funding outside of these forums because we're all overspent already.

Libertyiswinning
02-12-2008, 08:33 PM
I don't think many are really "tapped out". I understand things are tough economically right now and there have been many different ideas to donate to, but this is VERY BIG. Even "Big Daddy" Don Garlits has said this could be huge.

Just remember when you spend $20 tomorrow on smokes, junk food, fast food and stuff, or at the gas station on the way to work, etc, this could be done. It only takes like 4k ppl to donate $20 and it would be a done deal for Saturday's race at Daytona.

JMO, I think this idea is BIG.

Time for Change
02-12-2008, 08:36 PM
um...I dont want this to come off the wrong way...I think getting RP on a car is a good idea...that said....

Shark energy drink is the sponsor on the Kenny Wallace car #36 at Fitz as of Thursday, February 7th via the Fitz website.

the #22 is being reported as sponsored by Supercuts/Family Dollar Dodge for Mike Bliss

Where exactly was this press release released? Only on this forum?

If there is a pending sponsorship agreement, for verification purposes, Fitz should list this on their website.
As is, there is NO credible source for verification of this sponsorship deal.
Please provide PROOF.
Due Diligence people.

Libertyiswinning
02-13-2008, 12:39 AM
um...I dont want this to come off the wrong way...I think getting RP on a car is a good idea...that said....

Shark energy drink is the sponsor on the Kenny Wallace car #36 at Fitz as of Thursday, February 7th via the Fitz website.

the #22 is being reported as sponsored by Supercuts/Family Dollar Dodge for Mike Bliss

If there is a pending sponsorchip agreement, for verification purposes, Fitz should list this on their website.
Please provide PROOF.
Due Diligence people.

Hey "Time for Change", do a little research before you make assumptions like you did. Go to the website and you will hear Kenny Wallace himself disscussing this matter. Geeeesh

http://www.ronpaulracing.com

Kathleen_Hanover
02-13-2008, 12:40 AM

If there is a pending sponsorchip agreement, for verification purposes, Fitz should list this on their website.
Please provide PROOF.
Due Diligence people.

Due dilligence is always a good idea.

This news release went out via a wire service earlier today. I've also posted it to the major Ron Paul sites as I've had time.

Here's your credible source regarding this deal (http://www.ronpaulracing.com/blog/?p=37) (if you consider Kenny Wallace a credible source.)

Indeed, you're correct. Major sponsorship agreements are already in place on both cars. Ron Paul Racing's deal is for Major Associate Sponsorship. Check out this blog post to see what's included. (http://www.ronpaulracing.com/blog/?p=25)

Right now we have an offer on the table. Our sponsorship deal is not "in place" until we pay the down payment. At that point it will appear on Fitz Motorsports' website. :)

Thanks for the opportunity to respond.

Kathleen Hanover
Communications Director
Liberty Racing PAC
media [at] ronpaulracing.com

freedomintheusa
02-13-2008, 01:26 AM
bump

Time for Change
02-13-2008, 04:28 AM
Hey "Time for Change", do a little research before you make assumptions like you did. Go to the website and you will hear Kenny Wallace himself disscussing this matter. Geeeesh

http://www.ronpaulracing.com

I did, and that is where my information came from.
First page on THEIR site.

http://www.gofitzmotorsports.com/

I will say again, I think it is a great idea...but I need solid sources OUTSIDE your own site.

Libertyiswinning
02-13-2008, 12:40 PM
I did, and that is where my information came from.
First page on THEIR site.

http://www.gofitzmotorsports.com/

I will say again, I think it is a great idea...but I need solid sources OUTSIDE your own site.

I guess what you're saying is that you don't think Kenny Wallace, the driver for the #36 Fitz Motorsports car, talking about this deal and asking people to help finance it is credible. Do you mind if I ask what your IQ is? :confused:

luke-gr
02-13-2008, 01:07 PM
I guess what you're saying is that you don't think Kenny Wallace, the driver for the #36 Fitz Motorsports car, talking about this deal and asking people to help finance it is credible. Do you mind if I ask what your IQ is? :confused:

I dont know my IQ and I dont know who Kenny Wallace is. Ive seen/heard the youtube ad and came here looking for verification of authenticity. Im still looking. There seems to be a few folks pounding the race car drum heavily. IIRC, there was some concern brought up a couple weeks back about this project.......:confused:

ToryNotion
02-13-2008, 01:26 PM
The people who are running this need to be more carefull about how they word things. When I read 'Ron Paul Racing Announces Deal' that sounds to me like they got all the money they needed and the contracts have been signed. How do you expect to raise money if you keep making announcements that you have a deal?

Then the picture on the website looks like the 'deal' is for the entire car. The deal on the table is for an major associate sponsorship so we're talking about 18 inch by 12 inch stickers on both sides of these cars. I know the project is relying on volunteers to handle the site etc but you need to be consistent and carefull about wording and images on the site if you want this to succeed.

seeker1
02-13-2008, 01:32 PM
Why are you bothering with this? Ron Paul all but said he doesn't expect to win and is now trying to simply influence the platform of the GOP.

Why not make it the GOP Reform Racing Team? :cool:

Time for Change
02-13-2008, 01:40 PM

HA...THAT'S THE SPIRIT...insult somebody you are asking for financing.

You are saying that a crappy audio clip of a person that is allegedly Kenny Wallace (whom I have met in person on several occasions) is evidence enough to provide you with thousands of dollars for your venture...OK...let me hand you a check right now...:rolleyes:

The voice is similar...but i have many friends that can mimic Kenny all day too, so be cautious of attacking somebody who is looking out for everyone on these boards.
Nobody wants to be scammed by yet another joker riding the revolution's coat tails...we need proof or we don't fund it.

Can you not comprehend this concept?

Insult my intellect, as you perceive it, all you wish, enjoy yourself.
I will not defend myself for YOUR lack of tact and inability to provide absolute confidence in your venture, sorry.

Jane Aitken
02-14-2008, 03:36 AM
This dimwit at Connie Talk is doing a lot of damage to this effort. I think they should copy down every time someone falls for the Connie Talk Scam..which you can read about here:

http://www.ronpaulhive.com/hive/?p=225

Perhaps when they sue her and get thousands that will fund the effort. Seriously, she is doing much damage and I know for a fact that Kathleen is losing sleep over this and they are working their tails off because it would mean 40 WEEKS OF EXPOSURE for RP.

Anyway, Connie Talk's site won't be up much longer if that post isn't taken down soon.

seeker1
02-14-2008, 07:14 AM
This dimwit at Connie Talk is doing a lot of damage to this effort. I think they should copy down every time someone falls for the Connie Talk Scam..which you can read about here:

http://www.ronpaulhive.com/hive/?p=225

Perhaps when they sue her and get thousands that will fund the effort. Seriously, she is doing much damage and I know for a fact that Kathleen is losing sleep over this and they are working their tails off because it would mean 40 WEEKS OF EXPOSURE for RP.

Anyway, Connie Talk's site won't be up much longer if that post isn't taken down soon.

You start off by attacking the writer of Connie Talk (http://www.connietalk.com/ron_paul_racing_fraud_021308.html) and tell us she's a scammer and going to be sued and someone named Kathleen is losing sleep, but never address that this RonPaulRacing scam isn't mentioned once by the campaign or Ron Paul himself.

The sticking point with me is why aren't contributions to RonPaulRacing tax deductible? Why is there no "Liberty Racing Political Action Committee" registered?

Your post is simply an attack on someone exposing some big problems but offers no substance. :cool:

ToryNotion
02-14-2008, 07:22 AM
Why is there no "Liberty Racing Political Action Committee" registered?

How does one find out whether they are registered or not? Registered with whom?
I don't have a horse in this race but i'm really curious how to make that determination.

freedomintheusa
02-14-2008, 09:37 PM
Why is there no "Liberty Racing Political Action Committee" registered?

How does one find out whether they are registered or not? Registered with whom?
I don't have a horse in this race but i'm really curious how to make that determination.

Liberty Racing PAC FEC ID INFO
On February 14th, 2008 Xthe17th says:
Here is the info everyone's been asking about:
http://query.nictusa.com/...

Committee ID: C00445098

LIBERTY RACING PAC

15111 PIPELINE AVE
CHINO HILLS, CA 91709

Treasurer Name: MICHAEL EUGENE SIMON
Committee Designation: (N/A)
Committee Type: N (NON-PARTY NON-QUALIFIED)

lancey3
02-15-2008, 08:50 AM
blim...race!

ToryNotion
02-15-2008, 09:02 AM
You can find information about this duly registered Political Action Committee
here

http://herndon1.sdrdc.com/cgi-bin/cancomsrs/?_08+C00445098

and here

http://images.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/fecimg/?C00445098

So this should put to rest any assertions that the PAC is a not real.

Kenny Wallace did real well yesterday in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Gatorade Duels. He placed high enough to qualify for the Daytona 500 on Sunday. He will also be in the Nationwide Series race on Saturday. I saw him quite a bit on SpeedTV yesterday after his qualifying race. It's quite a feat to get into the race if your team/car did not finish the previous season in the top 35 in the points. Good job Kenny!

Libertyiswinning
02-15-2008, 10:26 AM
HA...THAT'S THE SPIRIT...insult somebody you are asking for financing.

You are saying that a crappy audio clip of a person that is allegedly Kenny Wallace (whom I have met in person on several occasions) is evidence enough to provide you with thousands of dollars for your venture...OK...let me hand you a check right now...:rolleyes:

The voice is similar...but i have many friends that can mimic Kenny all day too, so be cautious of attacking somebody who is looking out for everyone on these boards.
Nobody wants to be scammed by yet another joker riding the revolution's coat tails...we need proof or we don't fund it.

Can you not comprehend this concept?

Insult my intellect, as you perceive it, all you wish, enjoy yourself.
I will not defend myself for YOUR lack of tact and inability to provide absolute confidence in your venture, sorry.

Its not My venture. I simply support this idea. Now as far as you saying that the audio track may be someone else impersonating Kenny Wallace, why don't you go to the site and watch the VIDEO of Kenny asking for support to get this done. I am acting the way I am because this is a huge deal and i'm sick of people, such as yourself, bashing this when it would be very beneficial in getting Ron Paul's name out to a HUGE number of racing fans. There is no way the mass media could get around this one. This is not just another "blimp job", although I loved the blimp. It was just too bad the blimp was inefficient and spent most of its time flying over rural areas and in cold weather where people were not likely to see it. This would be on NATIONAL TV EVERY WEEKEND starting this weekend at DAYTONA. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?>>>

ToryNotion
02-15-2008, 10:38 AM
Ultimately people will vote up or down with their dollars and all the arguing will stop on both sides.

freedomintheusa
02-15-2008, 10:49 AM
Thanks to the ones that continue to support this great project, You will be able to pat yourselves on your own back . The ones bashing this project will see for themselves this weekend what the posililities are. So start following the races , You might get the erge to change your mind. Thanks and have a Great Weekend.

Time for Change
02-16-2008, 11:59 AM
Its not My venture. I simply support this idea. Now as far as you saying that the audio track may be someone else impersonating Kenny Wallace, why don't you go to the site and watch the VIDEO of Kenny asking for support to get this done. I am acting the way I am because this is a huge deal and i'm sick of people, such as yourself, bashing this when it would be very beneficial in getting Ron Paul's name out to a HUGE number of racing fans. There is no way the mass media could get around this one. This is not just another "blimp job", although I loved the blimp. It was just too bad the blimp was inefficient and spent most of its time flying over rural areas and in cold weather where people were not likely to see it. This would be on NATIONAL TV EVERY WEEKEND starting this weekend at DAYTONA. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?>>>

Please use a little more tact with this.
I am NOT attacking you, I am pointing out facts.
I am happy to see people think outside the box, and NOW that you have provided a little proof, I feel a bit more comfortable with your claims.
Don't abuse people who know there are hundreds of scammers out there for trying to verify your claims.
A Fool and His money soon part...you'd be a fool to NOT research before donating money to anything.

You DID add a video of kenny wallace holding an 8x11 sheet above the exhaust on the lower valence.
A video that was NOT on your site when I originally posted.
Don't play games and act like it ever was.

Before you posted the second video on your site, the only proof was audio over Kenny interviewing somebody.

Now you have a video, thanks for clarification.

Did Kenny qualify for the Nationwide series at daytona?
There is NO sponsorchip for the Cup series, right?

All Seeing Eye
02-18-2008, 06:22 PM
You can find information about this duly registered Political Action Committee
here

http://herndon1.sdrdc.com/cgi-bin/cancomsrs/?_08+C00445098

and here

http://images.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/fecimg/?C00445098

So this should put to rest any assertions that the PAC is a not real.

Kenny Wallace did real well yesterday in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Gatorade Duels. He placed high enough to qualify for the Daytona 500 on Sunday. He will also be in the Nationwide Series race on Saturday. I saw him quite a bit on SpeedTV yesterday after his qualifying race. It's quite a feat to get into the race if your team/car did not finish the previous season in the top 35 in the points. Good job Kenny!

Doing OK then really...