PDA

View Full Version : This Is Bullshit!!!

jumpyg1258
02-12-2008, 06:40 PM
Fuck you MD government! They are going to extend the polls to 9:30 now! What kind of BS is this! They probably know that RP won so they are going to extend polls so they can get their candidates the win.

Mesogen
02-12-2008, 06:43 PM
It's cuz of the weather.

jumpyg1258
02-12-2008, 06:44 PM
It's cuz of the weather.

Thats just an excuse they are giving for stupid people that didnt come in the morning.

miketwalker
02-12-2008, 06:45 PM
This is bad news for us, the way the news is talking about what's happening to Huckabee in Virginia this now gives time to the McCain people who were thinking they didn't have to worry to go vote. This is terrible news.

jumpyg1258
02-12-2008, 06:45 PM
Hell, fucking VA closed their polls at 7pm. GAWD DAMN THIS MAKES ME ANGRY!

zadrock
02-12-2008, 06:46 PM
I haven't verified that this is true, but assuming it is, I don't think Ron Paul has anything to do with it.

Look, I can't possibly make it any more clear than this - Republicans in Maryland are a novelty at best. They could really care less about us. If this was something down at the state govt level (i.e. Gov. O'Malley's office) then you can bet it's really about Hillary. Apparently, anyone who supports Hillary works 23 hours a day, and is therfore unavailable to vote in a caucus, and should a little bad weather arise, they would miss out on the primaries as well.

Face it - this state has a Dem gov., and supermajorities in both houses of the state legislature. They don't give a #@$% about Republicans. This is all about Hillary trying to save face. I don't know why they're bothering - how many went to the Obama rally at UMD yesterday? She lost badly here, IMO

Z

jumpyg1258
02-12-2008, 06:46 PM
This is bad news for us, the way the news is talking about what's happening to Huckabee in Virginia this now gives time to the McCain people who were thinking they didn't have to worry to go vote. This is terrible news.

EXACTLY. The weather is just an excuse they can give as a cover story for whats really happening, their man aint winning.

Wells
02-12-2008, 06:47 PM
a bit extreme, are we?

Click here for weather in Baltimore. (http://www.weather.com/weather/local/USMD0018?from=search_city)

jumpyg1258
02-12-2008, 06:48 PM
No its not extreme, its called having a brain to realize that there was bad weather coming and it would be best to go vote in the morning rather than waiting till a storm came to go out and vote.

Arek
02-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Yea Hillary is probably losing bad so MoM wants to try and save face for her. They are fixing the democrat ballots so Hillary wins.

Wells
02-12-2008, 06:50 PM
some people actually work for a living.. and it's an ICE STORM.. there is no conspiracy going on in MD for fuck's sake

:rolleyes:

Dustancostine
02-12-2008, 06:52 PM
Yea it must be pretty bad up there, my friend got into a wreck today.

Wells
02-12-2008, 06:53 PM
Yea it must be pretty bad up there, my friend got into a wreck today.

exactly..

zadrock
02-12-2008, 06:53 PM
No its not extreme, its called having a brain to realize that there was bad weather coming and it would be best to go vote in the morning rather than waiting till a storm came to go out and vote.

Dude, do you live here? This is a Southern state that gets severe Northern weather a few times a year. We got a foot of snow once and it shut down the NATIONAL SECURITY AGENCY for THREE days.

People do not know what to do when it snows here, even though it snows here every year. I can't explain it. But it's a fact.

I acknowledge that this MAY hurt us. But it is not a conspiracy. It is just an unfortunate fact. If there were no storm, more of McCain's supporters may have shown up anyway.

Z

Wells
02-12-2008, 06:55 PM
I just don't see how anyone can get so fired up over the most asinine shit.

or to put it simply.... Sometimes it just is what it is, ya know?

tbrambo
02-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Nothing surprises me....

there's just no way to know

Xyrus2
02-12-2008, 07:10 PM
Fuck you MD government! They are going to extend the polls to 9:30 now! What kind of BS is this! They probably know that RP won so they are going to extend polls so they can get their candidates the win.

Dude, it's been freezing rain here for hours. I know several of my coworkers appreciated the extension.

~X~

freedom-maniac
02-12-2008, 07:11 PM
Peace! Peace! Please let cool heads prevail!

prlgrl
02-12-2008, 07:12 PM

Polls open at 7, bad weather? No brainer, go at 7 AM.

Wells
02-12-2008, 07:15 PM
how can it be a no-brainer when there are people with jobs that simply cannot make it that early??

WHY IS EVERYTHING AROUND HERE A GODDAMNED CONSPIRACY?!?!?!

miketwalker
02-12-2008, 07:15 PM
I definitely don't think there is a conspiracy, I simply think this is bad news for us since we know the Ron Paul people already voted and this can only hurt us.

pacelli
02-12-2008, 07:28 PM

+1. Media manipulating elections? Who would have thought?

all J's in IL for RP
02-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Hint: Not everything revolves around Ron Paul.

devil21
02-12-2008, 07:34 PM
I dont think theres a conspiracy or anything. Im just wondering since when was bad weather a reason to leave the polls open longer. People know the weather sucks and turnout has an effect in the results. That's part of the political game. Leaving the polls open longer for people who didn't prepare or didnt care enough earlier isn't a valid reason IMHO.

Tenbatsu
02-12-2008, 07:54 PM
Good thing the polls were allowed to stay open later. I got to the polls at 8:15 and they were about to kick me out when they got the call that they were going to stay open until 9:30.

wgadget
02-12-2008, 08:12 PM
I hear they were supposed to close at 8pm, but they're leaving them open until 9:30pm.

Yes, it's definitely a novelty in this strangest of elections.

libertythor
02-12-2008, 08:15 PM
Most precincts are very close to where people live. The weather isn't an excuse. They should have closed the polls.

Shaun
02-12-2008, 09:17 PM

GET A CLUE. HE DIDN'T WIN.
HE HAD TWO CHANCES, SLIM AND NONE.
It's done.

JordanQ72
02-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Im just wondering since when was bad weather a reason to leave the polls open longer.

It's not that uncommon really. Best examples are in the general election. Since that's in early Nov, some states sometimes get a significant snow storm or something and you regularly hear about extended polling hours.

hawks4ronpaul
02-12-2008, 10:27 PM
Have they ever closed the polls early because of good weather?

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

Richie
02-12-2008, 10:44 PM
Whoever is b!tching about the time extention obviously doesn't live here. I worked as an election judge in Baltimore County (third Congressional district). The ice storms were so terrible, I (at age 17) couldn't even leave the building. I was just as crippled as the elderly people. The ice on the pavement was over an inch think. It was impossible to walk on. We even put salt on it, and it barely helped. In the end, I had to slide out on my butt just to leave the building. The ice storms were a serious problem and had nothing to do with Ron Paul. Again, trust me. I live here. Take off the tin foil hat. Edit - I apologize. I noticed that you do live here. Just chill - I was dead in the path of the ice storms, so trust me when I say that they were serious.

jumpyg1258
02-12-2008, 10:48 PM
Yup I am just an illusion, ignore me just like all of our politicians have done.

azminuteman
02-12-2008, 10:56 PM

RP is dead last in this state.
Even 'Other' beat him.

The sobering fact is that even though Hillary lost, she has more votes than ALL republicans.

Obama is just unstoppable.

Xyrus2
02-12-2008, 11:03 PM
Most precincts are very close to where people live. The weather isn't an excuse. They should have closed the polls.

Most people Work in Baltimore or DC, genius, and they get up and drive BEFORE the polls open so they don't get stuck in rush hour traffic. If you think traffic sucks on normal days, try to get your ass up 295, 95, or 495 in an ice storm.

I live 15 minutes from where I work and it took me an hour and half to get home. And I didn't even leave during rush hour. If I hadn't used some flex time this morning there would have been no way for me to make it to the polls by 8. If anything, keeping the polls open was a courtesy so that people could vote.

There was no conspiracy. Just based on my own canvassing results Paul was no where close to winning Maryland. There are too many military and defense contractor republicans here blinded by McCain.

~X~

PrayToday
02-12-2008, 11:04 PM
Hint: Not everything revolves around Ron Paul.

Troll.

:D

PaulTriumph
02-13-2008, 12:21 AM

Yes, but around some big cities, in this case D.C., many people live several HOURS away from where they work. Some leave at 5:00 or before to get to work, and have to plan on voting after work. I think that was the root cause for keeping the polls open longer. I'm fine with it- it enfranchises more people who work for a living.:rolleyes:

zadrock
02-13-2008, 09:05 AM
Yes, but around some big cities, in this case D.C., many people live several HOURS away from where they work. Some leave at 5:00 or before to get to work, and have to plan on voting after work. I think that was the root cause for keeping the polls open longer. I'm fine with it- it enfranchises more people who work for a living.:rolleyes:

I think DC has the worst commute times in the country. Certainly feels like it.

Z

Wells
02-13-2008, 12:41 PM
All the big cities in the Northeast US are like that haha.

wv@SC
02-14-2008, 07:14 AM
I just don't see how anyone can get so fired up over the most asinine shit.

or to put it simply.... Sometimes it just is what it is, ya know?

LOL!