PDA

View Full Version : Will this March be doomed to failure?

Deinen
02-12-2008, 06:08 PM
My greatest fear is that this march will be a failure. That being said, I want this march to be as successful as it can be. The only thing is that with as many march topics on this forum, we need to start organizing a central committee persay.

We need a central point of drive, one singular message, and the rest of us to work at. Perhaps a new forum topic should be created in light of this new event. With as many users here, single threads are lost within minutes, and the ability to streamline the movement is a critical aspect. So that being said...What can we do to get a single topic to start. We also need a central group of people for contacting other groups of people in a timely effective way. Look at the success of Trevor Lyman and his two moneybombs. Then look at the success of the several small factors of the moneybombs.

So, what can be done about this, and we've all seen the hundreds of threads now about the march, with differences ranging to the smallest to completely different ideas. 3 to 4 months is a very short time to assemble this. Sounds like the work of meet-up groups.

affa
02-12-2008, 06:09 PM
Please do not spread fear and doubt with your 9th post.

me3
02-12-2008, 06:14 PM
+1

FreeTraveler
02-12-2008, 06:17 PM
Be nice, the OP obviously wasn't here for 11/5 or the TeaParty.

OP, we've done this before. It starts chaotic for the first few days, then we'll get organized. It takes a while to get the free market up to speed, unlike central authorities. The advantage is that the free market gets the answer right much more often than the central authorities do.

Bruno
02-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Stay Positive - otherwise it is a self-fulfilling prophesy.

Sounds to me like a lot of excitement is out there - a new Energy - let's not dampen it!

boondoggle
I actually think we're going to blow each other's minds like we did for the Tea Party and November 5. Of course, expectation only leads to disappointment, so instead of expecting, I think it's safe to say that I'm quite confident. We had a little over thirty days for the Tea Party to gain momentum and recieved nearly 60,000 donors, that's nearly 60,000 people dedicated enough to risk putting their credit card number online. For the march, we'll have triple or quadruple that amount of time to prepare, triple or quadruple that amount of ears to rest within, and we'll be spreading the date in the minds of supporters that didn't exist when the Tea Party did. We have over one hundred thousand members on Meet-Up and that's actually the number of people who are willing to SACRIFICE their time and energy into spreading the word. With rallies getting thousands of people in individual states, I'm really, really confident that we'll get over one hundred thousand people.

Oh yeah, I said it. Don't be so incredibly pessimistic, this march is for freedom, for what our country originally was, for what millions died for and even more have dreamt of throughout the history of this planet. Truly, it's exciting.

itshappening
what a STUPID thing to write, we have never failed

f&#k off with your negativity

John of Des Moines
02-12-2008, 06:20 PM
When Doctor Paul was excluded from the Iowa Christians Alliance / Iowans for Taxpayer Relief Forum last June 30 the campaign rented the hall next door and got 1,200 people to attend the Rally with a week's notice. Back then the movement was much smaller. Now with four or so months advance planning and the movement being 20 times larger (IIRC back in June there were 5,000 meetup members, now 100K+) there'll be 150K+++ in Washington.

Joseph Hart
02-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Delete thread please

TheHand
02-12-2008, 06:24 PM
The OP was well intentioned and for the most part, right. To the OP, just give it a few days and things will start to become more organized and focused as far as the march.

Revolution9
02-12-2008, 06:27 PM
My greatest fear is that this march will be a failure.

With a thread starting mechanism like you just gearboxed i would suggest your motive would be for it to fail. Climb back under your rock and don't post this crap.

Randy

Revolution9
02-12-2008, 06:28 PM
what a STUPID thing to write, we have never failed

f&#k off with your negativity

I am with the harsh words crowd with this clown. Kick his ass till he stops this whiney crap and injecting poison into the board.

Randy

sgrooms
02-12-2008, 06:30 PM
when you see threads like this posted, PLEASE don't respond to them!! it only BUMPS the thread!!

Just report the post!!

Revolution9
02-12-2008, 06:30 PM
The OP was well intentioned and for the most part, right. To the OP, just give it a few days and things will start to become more organized and focused as far as the march.

Nope.A provocatuer. You can recognise them by their pleading to be recognised as an RP supporter and the honey, honey, poison, honey gambit.

HTH
Randy

RSLudlum
02-12-2008, 06:33 PM

+678

Deborah K
02-12-2008, 06:36 PM
My greatest fear is that this march will be a failure. That being said, I want this march to be as successful as it can be. The only thing is that with as many march topics on this forum, we need to start organizing a central committee persay.

We need a central point of drive, one singular message, and the rest of us to work at. Perhaps a new forum topic should be created in light of this new event. With as many users here, single threads are lost within minutes, and the ability to streamline the movement is a critical aspect. So that being said...What can we do to get a single topic to start. We also need a central group of people for contacting other groups of people in a timely effective way. Look at the success of Trevor Lyman and his two moneybombs. Then look at the success of the several small factors of the moneybombs.

So, what can be done about this, and we've all seen the hundreds of threads now about the march, with differences ranging to the smallest to completely different ideas. 3 to 4 months is a very short time to assemble this. Sounds like the work of meet-up groups.

Have faith. Go the the web site : www.revolutionmarch.com sign in. It will put you in the loop. The organizers are Bryan Siemon and Raymond Powell. They have a radio show on Ron Paul radio: http://www.rpiradio.com/

They are the ones who came to the rescue the other day with the phone conference with Ron Paul. The phone system shut down and Bryan and Ray broadcasted the call so that all the conferencers could hear Ron Paul speak. There were 1400 people!

I'm on the committee and I have done this sort of thing before and so have others on the committee. Have faith.

VoteForRonPaul
02-12-2008, 06:40 PM
Come on people be nice and encouraging.
Welcome to the forum buddy, and we hope there will be no failure but success.

dbhohio47
02-12-2008, 06:46 PM
:DDoomed to failure? hmmm Better make sure everyone knows it's Washington DC. Maybe draw a map?