PDA

View Full Version : Second Official "Name the Event" Thread

FreeTraveler
02-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Vote for as many as you like. We'll take the top 5 plus any great new entries on to a third round of voting.

If Dr. Paul announces a name along with the date, or if the name is obvious from the date, we'll just throw this away and go with his wishes.

I left off Rally/March since there will probably be both events.

mtmedlin
02-12-2008, 06:25 PM
I think Man Chaps for Patriots fits but then again Iam slightly warped.

I am also guessing that Ron will have it named since it is his event.

Magicman
02-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Do not call it constitution simply because the word isn't as universal as say freedom.

Names like Freedom March of 2008, The Freedom Movement, March for America are pretty good to add to that list. Freedom March of 2008 is the best I think because it makes it seem like an annual event that will continue to make its mark on Washington.

Why was the constitution in place? It is a doctrine of freedom. I have mentioned it before that our public systems are setup to ignore the constitution. By calling it that name we will lose a lot of potential people that could attend. We want to educate and establish a movement regardless if Paul wins or loses, and he mentioned that is far more important then his presidency.

However, trust, with all of the political speakers talking it will be able to sell the ideas of the doctrine 'constitution' better then ever. Remember, these speeches will be as much about uniting as about teaching these concepts to people who have never heard about them. So, the constitution will not be ignored it will only be able to teach many more about it in choosing a more universal name.
Edit/Delete Message

emilysdad
02-12-2008, 06:44 PM
Here is where "We Are One Liberty March" came from:

We Are One is between 6:00 and 6:50. I think it is symbolic of this event.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1728850897330746009&q=liberty+episode+6&total=45&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=0

davidkachel
02-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Great! Just wonderful!
Now we've narrowed it down to a list of options no one in America will understand without explaining it for a week.

I know. Why don't we just call it "Save the Whales". Or how about "Health Care for Everyone".

Does anyone here have the slightest idea what they are trying to communicate???!!!

"Restore the Constitution" and "Restore the Republic" are the closest to sane ideas, but even these will have every jackass politician announcing on Fox News that HE is in favor of this too and always has been.

If everyone's idea is to tiptoe on Washington and pretty please invite the assholes to a picnic, then count me out. Are you people involved in a REVOLUTION or a f*****g tea party???

Street.Walker
02-12-2008, 06:49 PM
So far, I like "March for America". It seems to imply getting back to constitutional principles and putting America first by ending building other nations/policing the world.

But if "March for America" is already taken by another group, how about one of these: "Rally for America" or "Muster for America". (The meaning of muster is to assemble for a inspection or examination.)

EddieJJames
02-12-2008, 06:50 PM
"Freedom Rally 2008"

(Leaves room for a sequel. lol)

Truth Warrior
02-12-2008, 06:50 PM
Freedom Rally

davidkachel
02-12-2008, 06:53 PM
So far, I like "March for America". It seems to imply getting back to constitutional principles and putting America first by ending building other nations/policing the world.

The only thing it implies is that Rosie O'donnel should be leading it. "March for America" is a name for an "Everything is Wonderful Exactly the Way It Is" march.

I have to walk away for a while. This is ridiculous. Doesn't ANYONE here understand the word REVOLUTION????

MrZach
02-12-2008, 06:54 PM
How about simply calling it... "Freedom!"

Maybe we can get Tommy to sponsor it...
(or was it CK that had the Freedom! fragrance?) lol

davidkachel
02-12-2008, 06:58 PM
How about simply calling it... "Freedom!"

Because NO ONE will know what you're talking about.

The idea is to let the government know they are out of line and not obeying the Constitution, so naturally everyone here wants to call it the "I Found a Wonderful New Toothpaste" march!!!

F**K

stargazer
02-12-2008, 07:08 PM
"We the people" is international, don't forget about every other democratic country following this!

Be an inspiration!

Computer
02-12-2008, 07:09 PM
I hate all of those....
but this....

Liberty Jamboree 08

davidkachel
02-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Here is the take you can expect middle America to have; remember they don't have the tiniest idea who you are or what you want and will form an opinion in 5 seconds or less:

Constitution Revolution - must be something having to do with a singing kid's show
Don't Tread on Me - probably some kind of monster truck rally
Freedom Spectacle - DEFINITELY ice capades
Hope for America - the Clintons for sure, probably direct from Hope Arkansas
Legalize the Constitution - legalize marijuana will be the first thing to pop into everyone's head
Liberty Rally/March - we love the statue of liberty, let's all sing about it
Patriot's Protest - the nutjobs patrolling the Mexican border want permission to shoot to kill
Restore the Constitution - I knew the paper was in bad shape, but can it be fixed?
Restore the Republic - which ship is that again?
Ron Paul Revolution - we've ignored him for months; here is another opportunity
Save Our Country - from what? It's not the prohibitionists again, is it?
Sons of Liberty - those are the guys living in the backwoods of Idaho, right?
The Gathering Together of the Remnant - they're collecting rags! Wow, things ARE tough.
We Are One Liberty March - la-la leftists unite and we'll all sing koombaya and "help" somebody!
We The People - we the people, what? What do you mean? Oh hell, change the channel Martha.

davidkachel
02-12-2008, 07:13 PM
I hate all of those....
but this....

Liberty Jamboree 08

Be certain to invite the Boy Scouts because you sure as hell won't get anyone else's attention!

agaiziunas
02-12-2008, 07:15 PM
"I need internet, where's the closest Starbucks?" March.

davidkachel
02-12-2008, 07:18 PM
"We the people" is international, don't forget about every other democratic country following this!

Be an inspiration!

Damn! Is Rod Serling here? Am I in the twilight zone? Is this Candid Camera?

"We the People" is anything but international. It isn't even understood by the majority of people HERE!

AND we got into this mess because people bought the lie that we are supposed to be a democracy. Why would every "democratic" country be following what is happening here in our REPUBLIC???? We are not, never were and never should have been a democracy!

Computer
02-12-2008, 07:19 PM
How about something to please the techies, trekkies, 9-11 truthers, vegans, and rednecks....

Computer
02-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Why don't we jsut call it the X-Files Convention '08?

OMG, I"m totally kidding.

davidkachel
02-12-2008, 07:26 PM
Why don't we jsut call it the X-Files Convention '08?

OMG, I"m totally kidding.

OR, since there is already a long-standing group that can't agree on anything, can't ever do anything right, can't express themselves in a way the public can accept, always says exactly the wrong thing at exactly the wrong time and a group in which everyone wants to be the leader, why don't we just use their name: the "Libertarian March"?

stargazer
02-12-2008, 07:26 PM
Testy, it's just a point of view from north of you...
I just feel that allot of people around the world would better understand that it is about the people taking a stand, thats all.
Oh, and sorry for saying that word democratic, didn't know you viewed it as poison.

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 07:27 PM
March for America.

why isn't that a choice?

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 07:28 PM
I think Man Chaps for Patriots fits but then again Iam slightly warped.

I like the way you think.;)

davidkachel
02-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Oh, and sorry for saying that word democratic, didn't know you viewed it as poison.

So did the founding fathers of this nation. They hated the very idea. It is poison. It is the opportunity for your neighbors to decide to build a community swimming pool that you will pay for and they will enjoy, or as Benjamin Franklin put it; 'Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.'

Or my favorite: Democracy is the right of your neighbors to force you from your home at gunpoint and sell it without giving you a penny, if you refuse to give THEM money to pay for the education of THEIR children!

davidkachel
02-12-2008, 07:33 PM
March for America.

why isn't that a choice?

Because it says we have a brass band and intend to march down the street singing America the Beautiful and present George Bush with a valentine.

faisal
02-12-2008, 07:35 PM

CareerTech1
02-12-2008, 08:02 PM
"Freedom March" or "The 5 Million American March" - could work

thomaseusin
02-12-2008, 08:26 PM
I think "Hope for America" will satisfy both "Man vs. Message" discussions.

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 08:33 PM
Because it says we have a brass band and intend to march down the street singing America the Beautiful and present George Bush with a valentine.

ur sarcasm is noted.

ur too smart for me, smart ass. yuck.

The Lantern
02-12-2008, 08:49 PM
Vote for as many as you like. We'll take the top 5 plus any great new entries on to a third round of voting.

If Dr. Paul announces a name along with the date, or if the name is obvious from the date, we'll just throw this away and go with his wishes.

I left off Rally/March since there will probably be both events.

Ronstock!

Joe Knows
02-12-2008, 08:52 PM
I think "Hope for America" will satisfy both "Man vs. Message" discussions.

Hope for America says it all!