PDA

View Full Version : My letter to the campaign

UnitedWeStand
02-12-2008, 05:03 PM
Please consider having the march as soon as possible, and during the primary season. Many supporters will perhaps be too saddened and discouraged to travel if we have a poor showing in the remaining states. An earlier march could give us some momentum in the upcoming primaries. I am afraid that a later march will bring out more 911/bush/anti war signs than Ron Paul signs.
I understand the thought that a date after school is out will bring more people. I think that an earlier showing of 200,000 would be better than a questionably better showing later in the year. I believe that Ron Paul has many supporters who have or would find the means to travel during this primary season.
I have a family with small children. I will not endanger us by travelling to a protest only march that might end in FEMA camps or worse. We will, however attend a peaceful campaign rally--during the primary season. The only after primary season march that I would attend would be a rally to announce an Independant run on Independance day.
Also, Austin is already having a rally on February 23rd that could be heavily promoted.
Thank You!

billjarrett
02-12-2008, 05:06 PM
How do you plan to get 200,000 people, before school ends and during a chilly part of the year that would stop families from bringing their young ones too? Also, events like this aren't organized overnight.

I think Dr. Pauls estimate of time is about as good as he's going to get it for turnout. Otherwise it's just going to be childless mid 20s+?

Luft97
02-12-2008, 10:27 PM
How do you plan to get 200,000 people, before school ends and during a chilly part of the year that would stop families from bringing their young ones too? Also, events like this aren't organized overnight.

I think Dr. Pauls estimate of time is about as good as he's going to get it for turnout. Otherwise it's just going to be childless mid 20s+?

She is right. I'm not childless and I am in my 30s. I watched the video and what I got from Ron's message was soon meaning before the primaries ended. All of you assume summer is best. Maybe it is best for you. But it is not best for the campaign or the message unless he is planning on a 3rd party run.

John of Des Moines
02-12-2008, 10:29 PM
Dr. Paul said on the Alex Jones show today that they were looking at Memorial Day or July 4th.

thoughtbombing
02-12-2008, 10:34 PM
He picks the date, we run the damn show... if you can't make it, that sucks. I might not be able to either, it will work itself out.

Luft97
02-12-2008, 10:44 PM
Maybe you should pay attention. The title says my letter to the campaign. Nothing is set in stone and Ron was led by Alex Jones into that. I also did not appreciate AJ refering to Ron Paul supporters as an "Army".