PDA

View Full Version : Will we need RealID's to fly to the DC Rally if it is in May?

dannno
02-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Will we need RealID's to fly to the DC Rally if it is in May or later?

Todd
02-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Not if I have anything to say about it.

Real ID is a Real nightmare

Realnightmare.com

-lotus-
02-12-2008, 04:44 PM
is this a serious question?

Lucid American
02-12-2008, 04:45 PM
I think it is. I've not thought about that. Is it in May that it takes effect?

Lord Xar
02-12-2008, 04:49 PM
I thought they were doing this in June, the march that is.

dannno
02-12-2008, 04:50 PM
I thought they were doing this in June, the march that is.

re-read the first post

Severius
02-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Drive. No one should be flying anymore.

dannno
is this a serious question?

yes.

A lot of ron paul supporters I know personally plan to protest the readID by not getting one. That would make it kind of difficult to fly to DC.

Bruno
I certainly could be mistaken, so someone correct me.
I thought that the states had until May to approve the Real ID Act, not that the actual cards would be implemented by that time.

Think about the logistics - they would need to start the disinformation campaign now in order to get people on board. It isn't going to work if they just tell people on a certain date in May that they have to get a new ID card.

I hope I'm right. Please correct me if not.

Arek
02-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Yea the Real ID act is supposed to take effect this may. The thing is most states don't know how they're gonna be able to afford it. The thing is it will make the price on a driver's license too expensive for most people. Therefore what are you confined to your own little municipality. THe Real ID means the confinement of the people.

dannno
02-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Think about the logistics - they would need to start the disinformation campaign now in order to get people on board.
Well I hope you're right.

I always imagined the disinformation campaign for the RealID would be similar to the disinformation campaign against Ron Paul... *crickets*

I would imagine you could hold onto your old ID until you have to renew, but they were saying you'll need one to fly by a certain date..

AJ Antimony
02-12-2008, 05:01 PM
yes.

A lot of ron paul supporters I know personally plan to protest the readID by not getting one. That would make it kind of difficult to fly to DC.

Um, entire states are protesting the Real ID. I thought one could still fly without one, no? They would just need alternative forms of ID right?

freelance
02-12-2008, 05:03 PM
The march is July 4, according to RP on AJ earlier today.

What if you are 50 years old and you are "exempt" until (what is it) 2012 or whatever? What are you supposed to do in the meantime?

Fortunately, my state has passed legislation against the Real ID, so I guess I can't take advantage of any federal services anyway. I imagine that the airlines are going to freak out when they realize that their passenger loads are going to hit the floor. And, when Boeing can't sell any airplanes domestically, because the airlines have to scrap their big jets in favor of those little Brazilian miniatures, they're not going to care much for the Real ID either. Then, there's the hospitality sector, which will also see a downturn.

Looks to me like the Real ID is going to hasten our demise economically.

Oh, I imagine if enough people start driving, they'll just not allow you to drive without a Real ID. Bicycles anyone?

the_oco
02-12-2008, 05:05 PM
July 4th? He said in the video we need to do this sooner than later, not 6 months from now?

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
02-12-2008, 05:06 PM
If Washington goes through with this and all non-ID people can't fly, the airlines will go bankrupt and our economy will collapse as we know it.
Good luck trying to mandate this, DHS

Wyurm
02-12-2008, 05:17 PM
If Washington goes through with this and all non-ID people can't fly, the airlines will go bankrupt and our economy will collapse as we know it.
Good luck trying to mandate this, DHS

They are holding their ground against Montanna. They even went so far as to suggest that fighting the Real ID could cause the governor to be voted out. It is supposed to keep us safe by making sure the government knows everywhere you go and everything you buy. You of course will need a Real ID in order to buy and sell at all eventually, but they are fighting one battle at a time.

You wll still be allowed to fly, but will be subjected to extensive screening according to the radio report I heard where DHS was bashing Montanna for fighting against the Act. I wish I lived in Montanna. At least their governor cares about them.

matthylland
02-12-2008, 05:20 PM
I would imagine there would be a "break in" period for a few months....

StarKissed
02-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Ok, now I'm confused. Because of eastern states condemning the National ID Card, I heard on the news (yeah, I know) that the Card is being postponed till next year or 2010.

Does anyone know for sure that it's still scheduled for May 2008? Someone should get the definite information, so we don't drain our energy on this.

Yea the Real ID act is supposed to take effect this may. The thing is most states don't know how they're gonna be able to afford it. The thing is it will make the price on a driver's license too expensive for most people. Therefore what are you confined to your own little municipality. THe Real ID means the confinement of the people.

Give me liberty
02-12-2008, 05:37 PM
Not if I have anything to say about it.

Real ID is a Real nightmare

Realnightmare.com

Real ID is the mark of the beast, funny how some christians dont know that:rolleyes:

and yet they think that the mark of the beast is only a number.

When will the christians ever wake the fuck up?

Google it Real ID, the mark of the beast

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
02-12-2008, 05:44 PM
To the United States of America Federal Government and Department of Homeland Security:

Thank you for your offer for the RealID national ID card. I understand that by voluntarily not accepting this card, I waive my right to enter a federal building or federal lands. I also understand your liability on this offer, namely I cannot be brought into said buildings or lands and activities that occur in these properties have no bearing on me or control over me.

Your offer is accepted.

Respectfully,
JDL

dawnbt
02-12-2008, 05:49 PM
The march is July 4, according to RP on AJ earlier today.

What if you are 50 years old and you are "exempt" until (what is it) 2012 or whatever? What are you supposed to do in the meantime?

Fortunately, my state has passed legislation against the Real ID, so I guess I can't take advantage of any federal services anyway. I imagine that the airlines are going to freak out when they realize that their passenger loads are going to hit the floor. And, when Boeing can't sell any airplanes domestically, because the airlines have to scrap their big jets in favor of those little Brazilian miniatures, they're not going to care much for the Real ID either. Then, there's the hospitality sector, which will also see a downturn.

Looks to me like the Real ID is going to hasten our demise economically.

Oh, I imagine if enough people start driving, they'll just not allow you to drive without a Real ID. Bicycles anyone?

He didn't say it was going to be July 4th. He said MAYBE Memorial weekend OR Fourth of July weekend. Nothing is finalized.

Zolah
02-12-2008, 05:50 PM
Most christians don't even know what number the mark of the beast is..anyway, I wanted to ask if passports will still be ok for flying, for domestic flights? Or will they cockblock it if you don't have Real ID?

jp5065
02-12-2008, 05:50 PM
if you don't have a real id, you can use your passport if you have one... but i think the real id doesn't get implemented for atleast another year...

Edu
02-12-2008, 05:59 PM
DC *is* the 10 square miles we gave to the federal government to do with as they please.

It's the original federal zone. So will you need a read ID to go there?

And if everything the federal government owns is owned by the people, what right do they have to deny you access to it?

And what happens if they suddenly don't like the way you talk about freedom and "turn off" your real ID? Then you aren't allowed to do anything or go anywhere?

And people want the government to have that type of power over their lives?

It's bad enough people think they need government permission to travel from place to place (in any form of transportation, including cars). Who's the sovereign people here?

Please check your status, is it a 2nd class citizenship? Need permission for everything?

freelance
02-12-2008, 07:24 PM
He didn't say it was going to be July 4th. He said MAYBE Memorial weekend OR Fourth of July weekend. Nothing is finalized.

Oh, I'm sorry about that. For the past week or so, the transmission has been fading in and out, and I only caught July 4th. Thanks for clearing that up.