PDA

View Full Version : would it be safe to bring.....................???

Cinderella
02-12-2008, 04:40 PM
i have a four year old...do u all think this march will be a family friendly type thing? would it be safe to do this with my four year old daughter??:confused:

just a little worried about her safety not so much my own...........

anyone else thinking of bringing their kids?

CareerTech1
02-12-2008, 04:42 PM
if you can afford a hotel right by the mall - as soon as they set the date reserve a room there - you can get deals on weekends in dc - then you have a nearby safehouse in case.

John of Des Moines
02-12-2008, 04:42 PM
i have a four year old...do u all think this march will be a family friendly type thing? would it be safe to do this with my four year old daughter??:confused:

Yes, trust me, it will be family friendly. I've been thru the June 30th Rally and the Straw Poll and have kids there is a great asset.

thoughtbombing
02-12-2008, 04:43 PM
I would stay towards the outside of the crowd if possible, there will most likely be undercover cops trying to start shit with supporters or pretend to be them and cause problems.

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 04:43 PM
yes...i'm bringing my 10 year old...but he is about 5 ft. tall. My plan: to stick close to other families with small children and have an exit plan so we can get out of there asap if things get a little crazy. But...hopefully it won't. I just want to be prepared. I'm hoping this can be geared towards families and not just college kids and hippies:)

billjarrett
02-12-2008, 04:44 PM

I was planning on bringing my 2 year old. I think it's important for her to be at an event like this.

Shes a big Ron Paul fan too. Whenever I'm reading this forum, she climbs in my lap and points at the banner on the top and says "Look Daddy, It's Ron Paul!"

She was also banging her toy wiggles drum the other day singing "I like Ron Paul, I like Ron Paul".. So I guess we'll call her a supporter :p

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 04:45 PM
I was planning on bringing my 2 year old. I think it's important for her to be at an event like this.

Shes a big Ron Paul fan too. Whenever I'm reading this forum, she climbs in my lap and points at the banner on the top and says "Look Daddy, It's Ron Paul!"

She was also banging her toy wiggles drum the other day singing "I like Ron Paul, I like Ron Paul".. So I guess we'll call her a supporter :p

so cute!

Cinderella
02-12-2008, 04:47 PM
yea my daughter is a little revolutionary herself!! haha....i want her to be a part of this...i feel in my heart this is a day that will go down in history and i want her and i to be a part of it...im glad others are bringing their kids as well.....

phill4paul
02-12-2008, 04:47 PM
As I have grown older, and my friends have also, I began to notice something. The fact that children calm a crowd. Parties, camping and music festivals became calmer. People who would be trouble-makers were excoriated for cussing or acting like an idiot in front of the children.
Just make sure there is one adult per child.
I believe everything will work out fine. I for one always keep an eye to the little ones to make sure that things in their area are safe. Be aware of those that are around you. You can feel a shift as it is happening and usher the children away. Truthfully I don't see as where this will be dangerous. If I had little ones I wouldn't have a problem bringing them.
That said, be aware that there are other factors involved.
You don't mention their ages which has alot to do with bringing them.
The weather may play a part in the childrens' enjoyment.
Remember that as a parent their needs come first. So YOU may not get the enjoyment with the tykes in tow.
Also with a large crowd you will be looking at the availability of restrooms.
Families with children should be encouraged. This is a peaceful revolution. If anyone here has a different idea then stay home. If anyone in Ron Pauls' March is aggitating to the point of violence then I for one will grab the nearest officer and point this out. Call me a narc be damned!
Think it through. If you plan ahead I don't see any problem. Who knows, someday they may be able to say they were a part of the peaceful revolution.

Peregrin
02-12-2008, 04:51 PM
As I have grown older, and my friends have also, I began to notice something. The fact that children calm a crowd. Parties, camping and music festivals became calmer. People who would be trouble-makers were excoriated for cussing or acting like an idiot in front of the children.
I believe everything will work out fine. I for one always keep an eye to the little ones to make sure that things in their area are safe. Be aware of those that are around you. You can feel a shift as it is happening and usher the children away. Truthfully I don't see as where this will be dangerous. If I had little ones I wouldn't have a problem bringing them.
Remember that as a parent their needs come first. So YOU may not get the enjoyment with the tykes in tow.
Families with children should be encouraged. This is a peaceful revolution. If anyone here has a different idea then stay home. If anyone in Ron Pauls' March is aggitating to the point of violence then I for one will grab the nearest officer and point this out. Call me a narc be damned!
Think it through. If you plan ahead I don't see any problem. Who knows, someday they may be able to say they were a part of the peaceful revolution.

Excellent advice!!

thegr8drronpaul
02-12-2008, 04:52 PM
Absolutely! They are the future - and it is important to have a wide variety of supporters there.

I'm bringing my 5 and 3 year old (very well behaved and extreme Paul fans). My daughter told me the other day that she asked her Kindergarten teacher if she had voted for Paul ... answer was no :(

The more the merrier !!

thoughtbombing
02-12-2008, 04:57 PM

All well and good, what if it's the police aggitating?

"Let it not be said we did nothing"

CJLauderdale4
02-12-2008, 05:00 PM
I was planning on driving up from South Florida with all five of my children - so they can witness history in the making!!

Ages 1-8...

Let's make it a family event - this way the media can't stereotype the event one way or another...

reduen
02-12-2008, 05:03 PM
My wife and I will be bringing our two sons. They are 16 and 11 years old!

See you all there!!:cool:

We will be driving from Arkansas....

RWBlue-Travis
02-12-2008, 05:12 PM

Firstly, Marching on washington, is doing something!

Secondly, everyone there will be paying attention to what's going on. So I wouldn't worry about any "undercover agitators". Also, be careful that you don't become an agitator.

Less is more :)

theczar1776
02-12-2008, 05:14 PM
i sure hope so

phill4paul
02-12-2008, 05:30 PM

I've posted this in other threads. If someone is aggitating towards violence ,regardlesss if they are an agent provacateur, then step back, form a circle and point your fingers towards them. Call on an officer. Single them out as a lone provacateur.

The police will not aggitate if we will not allow them. We control this and how we are percieved. Not them.

tamor
02-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Hope other adults will come with you, CJLauderdale.
Kids will get tired and cranky, so plan ahead and be prepared for that. I am glad my "kids" will be 25 and 28. :-)

thoughtbombing
02-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Firstly, Marching on washington, is doing something!

Secondly, everyone there will be paying attention to what's going on. So I wouldn't worry about any "undercover agitators". Also, be careful that you don't become an agitator.

Less is more :)

I won't be, but if I see an unlawful arrest being made, I'm making a citizen's arrest of that government agent. They work for me, I will fire them personally. If you see someone being unlawfully arrested, or tased(deadly force, IMO) you can use any means necessary to resist, and further, if you see someone else other than you being arrested, you can legally come to their defense.

bcreps85
02-12-2008, 05:53 PM
I recommend AGAINST bringing any kids!!!

From what I have seen at things like this, people are sometimes planted in the crowd to start violence and end them. Cops often respond by shooting tear gas filled paint balls into the crowd and shooting people with rubber bullets. Don't bring anyone too young to understand this risk and old enough to consent to it IMO...

thoughtbombing
02-12-2008, 06:21 PM

From what I have seen at things like this, people are sometimes planted in the crowd to start violence and end them. Cops often respond by shooting tear gas filled paint balls into the crowd and shooting people with rubber bullets. Don't bring anyone too young to understand this risk and old enough to consent to it IMO...

good point, I'm bringing my mask.

BravoSix
02-12-2008, 06:31 PM
I won't be, but if I see an unlawful arrest being made, I'm making a citizen's arrest of that government agent. They work for me, I will fire them personally. If you see someone being unlawfully arrested, or tased(deadly force, IMO) you can use any means necessary to resist, and further, if you see someone else other than you being arrested, you can legally come to their defense.

Are you an attorney licensed to practice law in D.C? No? Then I'd stop posting legal claims and advice on the internet.

John of Des Moines
02-12-2008, 06:39 PM

Don't be paranoid - bring the kids. I know one family with seven kids under 14 coming. Don't spread crazy-ass shit. If there are agent prevaricators point them out and video the event.

maryannbarnett
02-12-2008, 06:43 PM
I think it will not only be safe, but also vital to share this experience with the kiddies. What better message can we give than to stand as families for freedom? You will be among friends.

Computer
02-12-2008, 07:15 PM
Kids rule. I hope there are hot dog vendors with saurkraut too. I'm freaking hungry right now.

RSLudlum
02-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Bring the kids,,,remember it's more about them than us!

280Z28
02-12-2008, 07:25 PM
The are the last hope for THE pro-family party. A better question would be "I don't have kids, should I bother to come?" Of course the answer is still yes but you see my point.

thoughtbombing
02-12-2008, 07:56 PM
Are you an attorney licensed to practice law in D.C? No? Then I'd stop posting legal claims and advice on the internet.

I've beaten this charge, and it is in the case law. I was being unlawfully detained at the DNC 2000 Protest rally where Rage Against The Machine played. I resisted and broke the jaw of a policeman who was illegally detaining me. When I went to court, I explained that, in the hysteria of the moment and when I had done nothing wrong, other than my mere presence at a National Convention, my rights had been violated. My right to assemble, my right to protest, my right to speak...

in trying to detain and unlawfully arrest me, in violation of my civil rights, he had violated my constitutional rights on multiple levels, and I was completely justified in resistance. I didn't even get a ticket, nor did I have to pay damages, but I won a lawsuit against THEM.

Next.

Cinderella
02-12-2008, 08:06 PM
im really looking forward to sharing this experience with my little one.....i hope alot of people bring their kids too

faisal
02-12-2008, 08:06 PM

Cinderella
02-12-2008, 08:35 PM
i hope my brother is back from iraq for this...id have her on his shoulders...i would like to make it kinda like a family thing...i was just worried about things getting out of hand.....good to kno others are bringing their kids too

anewvoice
02-12-2008, 09:05 PM
We're going, my wife and I, and out 6, 4, 2 and 5 month old. We were all at hus University of Michigan rally and my son was 11 days old. It's all good!!!

Finn
02-12-2008, 09:14 PM
I would stay towards the outside of the crowd if possible, there will most likely be undercover cops trying to start shit with supporters or pretend to be them and cause problems.
This is my only concern, I'm sure the real Ron Paul supporters will act peacefully.

Don't be paranoid - bring the kids. I know one family with seven kids under 14 coming. Don't spread crazy-ass shit. If there are agent prevaricators point them out and video the event.
It's not "crazy-ass shit" though, it might happen (http://youtube.com/watch?v=St1-WTc1kow), so I say bring the kids but be prepared to point out the potential provocateurs.

John of Des Moines
02-12-2008, 09:23 PM
This is my only concern, I'm sure the real Ron Paul supporters will act peacefully.

It's not "crazy-ass shit" though, it might happen (http://youtube.com/watch?v=St1-WTc1kow), so I say bring the kids but be prepared to point out the potential provocateurs.

The first thing you bring is a video camera to document everything. I was one of the point persons working with the campaign on the June 30th Rally and the Iowa Straw Poll. Being paranoid will kept you up at nights - trust me on that. Yes, do prepare for agent prevaricators but don't have that on the top of your list of worries, whether you're working directly with the campaign organizing the events of the day or you're just one of the throngs in attendance.

Finn
02-12-2008, 09:27 PM
The first thing you bring is a video camera to document everything. I was one of the point persons working with the campaign on the June 30th Rally and the Iowa Straw Poll. Being paranoid will kept you up at nights - trust me on that. Yes, do prepare for agent prevaricators but don't have that on the top of your list of worries, whether you're working directly with the campaign organizing the events of the day or you're just one of the throngs in attendance.
It's not on the top of my list of worries, all I'm saying is be prepared, just in case. If you see these undercover cops, point them out. That is all.

Jimmy2e
02-12-2008, 09:29 PM
I for one will be traveling by train with my entire meetup group from Boston Massachusetts and i will be bring around 2 - 25 Ron Paul Revolution banners.

This will be a fantastic time and 20 years from now when i have kids my age ill be able to say, look when i was 18 son, i saved America i was apart of that.

What we may also want to do is bring like local media coverage from around the country by alerting them.

Also V for Vendetta costumes would be cool.
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii46/fast0811/v-for-vendetta.jpg

John of Des Moines
02-12-2008, 09:32 PM
It's not on the top of my list of worries, all I'm saying is be prepared, just in case. If you see these undercover cops, point them out. That is all.

Actually, calling them out as Feds works well. And calling out people promoting their own personal agenda topics ("fringe" issues from 9-11 truth. chem-trails, wearing big pot leaf t-shirts, etc.) as McCain, Huck, Hillary or Obama supporters works in getting people to promote the movement as a whole vs. just their personal agenda issues.

Finn
02-12-2008, 09:38 PM
Actually, calling them out as Feds works well. And calling out people promoting their own personal agenda topics ("fringe" issues from 9-11 truth. chem-trails, wearing big pot leaf t-shirts, etc.) as McCain, Huck, Hillary or Obama supporters works in getting people to promote the movement as a whole vs. just their personal agenda issues.
The only problem is violence, so if you see anyone starting violence point them out. I'm not talking about people's personal views here.

kill the banks
02-12-2008, 09:41 PM
on the lighter side i was thinking of bringing britney spears so MSM was there

lol kill the banks

hopeforamerica
02-12-2008, 09:45 PM
Absolutely! They are the future - and it is important to have a wide variety of supporters there.

I'm bringing my 5 and 3 year old (very well behaved and extreme Paul fans). My daughter told me the other day that she asked her Kindergarten teacher if she had voted for Paul ... answer was no :(

The more the merrier !!

My daughter brought her grandma's picture with Ron Paul to preschool today! She said "Ron Paul is the best man ever. President Bush is a very bad man."

I'm sure she raises a few eyebrows at her little school, but she's so darned cute!

John of Des Moines
02-12-2008, 09:47 PM
on the lighter side i was thinking of bringing britney spears so MSM was there

lol kill the banks

lol Yeah, kidnap her from her mental ward room and MSM would go wild looking for her with updates on all the channels every 15 minutes and probably a screen crawl all the time. When she shows up at the Rally the MSM would have a couple of hundred reporters and a half a dozen choppers overhead. Though the media would spin it as "Look who crazy Britney is supporting ..." and still not mention Paul's name. Though it's funny thought.

John of Des Moines
02-12-2008, 09:48 PM
My daughter brought her grandma's picture with Ron Paul to preschool today! She said "Ron Paul is the best man ever. President Bush is a very bad man."

I'm sure she raises a few eyebrows at her little school, but she's so darned cute!

Off to the FEMA camp for her. :rolleyes:

VRP08
02-12-2008, 09:51 PM
I would NOT recommend bringing kids.

hopeforamerica
02-12-2008, 09:51 PM
Off to the FEMA camp for her. :rolleyes:

Bite your tongue. Seriously, I have nightmares about that.

John of Des Moines
02-12-2008, 09:52 PM
Bite your tongue. Seriously, I have nightmares about that.

Yeah, me too. :o:o:o

Cinderella
02-12-2008, 10:49 PM
I would NOT recommend bringing kids.

well i think its important to bring the kids to this....its their future we are fighting for....this march is for everyones freedom...not just the adults

besides im sure alot of people wouldnt be able to attend unless they brought their kids....