PDA

View Full Version : What should be the name of the March?

Magicman
02-12-2008, 04:34 PM
I don't know if Ron Paul will have an official name but I think solely basing it as a Ron Paul Rally could be a mistake. This is about him don't get me wrong, but then again it's not it's about the bigger picture of what WE want. Ron Paul stated to bring forth a viable movement for the future whether he wins or loses.

We need to create something that will draw in Ron Paul supporters but many into Washington along a a real movement. Something that will send a message. It's not just about speeches, in the 60s' they used music to help too. We need to speak multiple languages along a consistent ideal to reach many like-minded folks.

As a name, Ron Paul revolution might appeal to young people but alienate older folks and people who do not know about him.

Why not call it something like the "Freedom Movement March into Washington"!

We are the Freedom movement. Why not invite politicians who seek to enforce the constitutional rights and our freedom? This doesn't have to be all one party. It can be all. This is a theme that caters to ALL demographics and makes people get an idea. Once they hear him speak we'll be able to encourage many more new supporters as Ron Paul supporters but even better part of a movement that will go beyond Ron Paul.

ladyliberty
02-12-2008, 04:42 PM
I vote for Ron Paul Constitution Convention!

CareerTech1
02-12-2008, 04:42 PM
The 10 Million American March

RlxdN10sity
02-12-2008, 04:58 PM
I vote for Ron Paul Constitution Convention!

Thats pretty good. I kinda like Freedom Fest! This is shaping up to be something like Woodstock in its scope and size. Could become an annual gathering.

thegr8drronpaul
02-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Thats pretty good. I kinda like Freedom Fest! This is shaping up to be something like Woodstock in its scope and size. Could become an annual gathering.

oooh, that's nnniiicccceeee

Ruby Justice
02-12-2008, 05:03 PM
Keep it simple..

Freedom March of 2008

Magicman
02-12-2008, 05:04 PM
The thing is that the constitution is about freedom. The goal should be a name that is very universal and people GET.

The thing that is unfortunate is our school systems is that they ignore the constitution. This march with the talk of freedom will then transcend into and educate people about the constitution from the speeches.

What Ron Paul does amazing is convince people of what freedom is and how important the constitution is to us but remember we must sell those ideas first to attract these new supporters and to bring people there we need more universal ideas for a name.

Ruby Justice
oooh, that's nnniiicccceeee

No Woodstock.

This is clear and clean. People of all walks of life. They're talking about wearing suits in another thread. This won't be no bum out, please!

thoughtbombing
Should not have Ron Paul's name in it... not out of disrespect, because it was his idea, but it should be a showing of more than just Ron Paul... WE are a movement. Freedom Fest sounds good, but if it's FESTIVAL, it should have more than just speakers... i.e. art, booths for information, etc...

Magicman
02-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Keep it simple..

Freedom March of 2008

Not a bad idea because this sets it up as an annual idea.

The only thing lacking here is that some people have called for arts and music which I think can convince many more people to come, but in doing so we need to somehow incorporate the idea of both a march and some type of word that can franchise music like someone mentioned about festival.

Ruby Justice
02-12-2008, 05:06 PM
The thing is that the constitution is about freedom. The goal should be a name that is very universal and people GET.

The thing that is unfortunate is our school systems is that they ignore the constitution. This march with the talk of freedom will then transcend into and educate people about the constitution from the speeches.

What Ron Paul does amazing is convince people of what freedom is and how important the constitution is to us but remember we must sell those ideas first to attract these new supporters and to bring people there we need more universal ideas for a name.

Totally agree.

Keep it simple..universal.

Freedom March 2008
March for the Constitution
March for America
People's March 2008
etc. etc.

amistybleu
02-12-2008, 05:08 PM
Libertyfest or Paulstock.

FreeTraveler
02-12-2008, 05:13 PM
We're working on this over here too:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=119218

1600 views so far.

CareerTech1
02-12-2008, 05:14 PM
response to this thread go here - http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=119419

MrHellebusch
02-12-2008, 05:16 PM
Freedom Spectacle

We've already become a spectacle, why not associate it with a positive word like freedom? Take the air out of the whole "fringe" thing.

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 05:18 PM
March for America sounds great.

thegr8drronpaul
02-12-2008, 05:20 PM
We The People or Freedom Fest

Computer
02-12-2008, 05:24 PM
Liberty Festival '08

I certainly endorse the "oh eight" nomenclature. We should make this an annual or bi-annual event, so the year is important.

Freedom March 08 - sounds militant.
Freedom Rally 08 - maybe something like this.

I like Liberty Festival '08

Ruby Justice
02-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Liberty Festival '08

I certainly endorse the "oh eight" nomenclature. We should make this an annual or bi-annual event, so the year is important.

Freedom March 08 - sounds militant.
Freedom Rally 08 - maybe something like this.

I like Liberty Festival '08

I like "Liberty" but I don't like festival.

This should not be a Woodstock redux. It will be original. The purpose is to scam the media. People in suits and at their best American behavior.

How does Liberty March 2008 sound?

Ruby Justice
02-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Liberty March on Washington

The People's March on Washington

.."on Washington" adds a flavor of the dismay we have for Wash politics.

Computer
02-12-2008, 05:35 PM
First Word along the lines of Liberty, Freedom, etc.
Second Word along the lines of March, Festival, Rally, Jamboree, etc.
Third Term is the year, '08

Break out those thesauruses. Wow, a plural usage of thesaurus!