PDA

View Full Version : Let's Donate BIG to the Police Officers!!

autobot
02-12-2008, 04:19 PM
I think the police that will be helping us keep this thing under control should get the VIP treatment from us, big time. Before the event. Grease the wheels. Many will be RP supporters already. Show them lots of appreciation. Material appreciation. They work to protect US. Let's thank them in advance.

Agent CSL
02-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Donating to the police is allowed?

Evazan
02-12-2008, 04:32 PM
I need a written guarantee that they won't tase me first.

MrZach
02-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Donating to the police is allowed?

You can donate to FOP.

autobot
02-12-2008, 04:36 PM
They call me all the time for donations. You can take them small presents, I believe.

autobot
02-12-2008, 04:36 PM
I need a written guarantee that they won't tase me first.

No one tases people who gave them a present.

billjarrett
02-12-2008, 04:37 PM
They call me all the time for donations. You can take them small presents, I believe.

Donuts? :p

/runs and hides

FreeTraveler
02-12-2008, 04:38 PM
No one tases people who gave them a present.

True. None of the hippies who put flowers in the gun barrels of National Guardsmen got hurt during the 60's.

Oh, darn, I forgot Kent State there for just a minute. :rolleyes:

ladyliberty
02-12-2008, 04:39 PM
We made nice with police officers in St. Pete - they were good to us in return!

That one really loud guy in the purple shirt made all the difference! I wish I knew his name - he is in several of the St. Pete videos. Other groups were being harrassed and hauled off in squad cars, but the guy in the purple shirt helped to keep our group focused on Ron Paul and out of trouble and away from those who would bring trouble on us. He was a great Protest Coach!

autobot
02-12-2008, 04:46 PM
True. None of the hippies who put flowers in the gun barrels of National Guardsmen got hurt during the 60's.

Oh, darn, I forgot Kent State there for just a minute. :rolleyes:

Police don't what a friggin flower in their guns. That's not a present, its an annoyance. :rolleyes:

jimbabb
02-12-2008, 04:54 PM
I think the police that will be helping us keep this thing under control should get the VIP treatment from us, big time. Before the event. Grease the wheels. Many will be RP supporters already. Show them lots of appreciation. Material appreciation. They work to protect US. Let's thank them in advance.

Sure, tasers, tear gas and rubber bullets are expensive.

G-Wohl
02-12-2008, 04:55 PM
I hate cops.

amy31416
02-12-2008, 05:09 PM
Bacon?

Oh wait, that's cannibalism.

Ruby Justice
02-12-2008, 05:22 PM
Ok..I live in DC and know DC Police definitely deserve this.

Hundreds of marches are held in the city every year. I've been to ALL the anti war marches and by now know some of them by name.

They are extremely courteous and make you feel that they're there to protect you and help the march succeed.
Also, they are very diverse racially and well-integrated in the city.

I know they take money because they solicit citizens by phone all the time. This is an excellent idea...if only there was a way to donate online.

http://mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/site/default.asp

Someone want to contact Mayor Fenty?

colecrowe
02-12-2008, 06:12 PM
bump

autobot
02-12-2008, 06:17 PM
Private off duty police officers are a great idea, as well. Pay well, too. If the police in this country are on the Ron Paul side, it would be a huge deal for us. Police are well respected and hugely influential and super powerful as a group.

TuningIn
02-12-2008, 07:23 PM
What kind of present?

It will be hot, but I don't think they'll be able to take ice water from us. Any way to direct a cool air fan their way?

We were at a huge event in our area once and we offered the police the use of our sign making materials when it was apparent they wanted to reorganize the entrance to the event. They accepted. I have a feeling the D.C. police won't end up really needing anything from us, though.

josh24601
02-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Donate to police? Isn't that called bribery???

cybloo
02-12-2008, 07:54 PM
Let's give 'em all Nintendo Wiis. :D

autobot
02-12-2008, 08:02 PM
Donate to police? Isn't that called bribery???

It's called getting things done.

Its called getting the police on our side. Its called a smart revolution, not a stupid suicide mission.

Is taking a client to lunch, or giving them a nice gift a bribe. No, it isn't.

Unless it's a Huckabee sized gift, of course.

autobot
02-12-2008, 08:24 PM
What kind of present?

It will be hot, but I don't think they'll be able to take ice water from us. Any way to direct a cool air fan their way?

We were at a huge event in our area once and we offered the police the use of our sign making materials when it was apparent they wanted to reorganize the entrance to the event. They accepted. I have a feeling the D.C. police won't end up really needing anything from us, though.

Check it out...We raise enough money to give out $5.00 Gift Certificates to the Officers to Starbucks or similar and attached to slim jims a couple of weeks before the event!

damijin
02-12-2008, 09:00 PM
I would give them an ounce of silver, but they probably don't think it's as cool as I do.

Damn shame the Ron Paul dollars are so expensive since the mint got hit D:

sidsquidrick
02-12-2008, 10:50 PM
I hate cops.

Too bad...there are so many patriots in uniform...my father for example who is out on the streets as we speak...has not paid income taxes since he was in his 20s. (not that that makes you a patriot)

S