PDA

View Full Version : What is a wasted vote?

spacehabitats
02-12-2008, 04:02 PM
What is a wasted vote? I have been voting in elections for almost 40 years. I have often voted for the loser in the race. I have rarely voted for the winner. But the only times I have ever “wasted” my vote were when I voted for the candidate who eventually won. Usually I had convinced myself that I was helping to defeat an even worse candidate, but I see now the fallacy in that strategy. In the end I helped to perpetuate the myth that the policies of the status quo were popular. I helped to deceive myself and my fellow Americans that we still lived in a republic based on our right to vote. I could never understand why good, honest men were constantly being weeded out of politics while corrupt, stupid, and greedy politicians flourished. By the time of the actual election, the Republican or Democratic candidate invariably had one or more fatal flaws which rendered them unacceptable. And yet I continued to participate in the sham elections and watched in helpless frustration as my country disintegrated around me.

My fellow Americans, I beg of you, please have the courage and wisdom to waste your vote. Only when we risk that can we ever restore our republic. We will ALWAYS be given a choice between two evils. It is a rare and precious opportunity to be able to vote FOR a true patriot. Ron Paul is the only presidential candidate I have ever had the opportunity to vote for who is truly worthy of that high office. Hopefully, now that the patriots of America have awakened again we will continue to have such opportunities in the future. But I have vowed never again to knowingly waste my vote on the lesser of two evils.

TastyWheat
02-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Can I give this 6 stars?

fedup100
02-12-2008, 04:58 PM
A wasted vote is when a person who believes he is free when he is not, casts a vote for one of the two, his captors have selected for him.

Goldwater Conservative
02-12-2008, 11:58 PM
Thank you. A vote is only a waste when you base it on something other than character or principle. Vote as if your choice is guaranteed victory. Voting for a likely-to-win evil only makes evil likely to win. If the devil himself wanted to take over this country, all he'd have to do is put up a puppet opponent who appeared even worse by comparison.