PDA

View Full Version : Wearing suits to the march?

ClayTrainor
02-12-2008, 03:46 PM
I was just looking at some old MLK Photos and almost all of his supporters dressed very nice, and look very professional. I thought maybe we should all look professional for the march... show that we really mean business!

If a large majority of us wear suits at the march on washington do you think that would improve our image? just a thought.

ladyliberty
02-12-2008, 03:48 PM
you mean I have to leave my tinfoil hat at home??? :D

amistybleu
02-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Absolutely, image is very important in how people perceive you.

thegr8drronpaul
whatever you wish - could be VERY hot and stuffy though with ALL the people that will be there :)

flames2dust77
so what...the women are supposed to wear dresses? i haven't worn a skirt or a dress in 15 years. ack!

but the photos of the MLK march do look good. but that was at a different time...i dunno if you could get ppl to do this in 2008.

Agent CSL
Yes it would improve our image. But also keep in mind it might be very hot that day. We have to dress for the weather.

autobot
Best idea ever. That way cannot be dismissed as fringe crazies. damn hippies, naive kids, as easily. People feel different when dressed for success and people respond much differently to people in suits. Its a sign of authority, to many. Like it or not.

John of Des Moines
02-12-2008, 03:50 PM
So that would mean leaving my "F%&# Bush" t-shirt at home. Tough choice. :rolleyes:

thoughtbombing
02-12-2008, 03:51 PM
All Speakers could wear suits, for sure.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
02-12-2008, 03:52 PM
I recently attended a very large march in D.C. and I considered wearing a suit but I thank God that I did not not. A suit would be fine for short term walking or if you will be speaking but other than that I would dress as comfortably as possible. We are probably going to be out there for a very long time and standing around for hours on end in a suit is not my idea of fun.

Mopsus
02-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Dressing rather smartly aren't you Mr. Anderson? :)

I'm of the opinion that attire in conformance with the "'Average Joe" would more impactfully resonate with the public-at-large and garner greater support and interest.

FortWorth38
All American RED WHITE BLUE

amistybleu
so what...the women are supposed to wear dresses? i haven't worn a skirt or a dress in 15 years. ack!

but the photos of the MLK march do look good. but that was at a different time...i dunno if you could get ppl to do this in 2008.

You would look pretty in what ever you wear.

theczar1776
02-12-2008, 03:54 PM
who even owns a suit anymore?

micahnelson
We need to be ourselves. Look nice, but don't try to be something you arent.

People who normally wear suits want liberty as well. Lets get some of those wall street types who understand the dollar's collapse to come along.

Lets get those nice little homeschooling families. Lets get vets. Lets get everyone. This should be an open protest of the government with a clear petition of grievances to present to the government in person. The simpler, the better.

1) We oppose the oppressive tax burden placed on American citizens.

2) We oppose unbalanced budgets, which increase debt and weaken our dollar.

3) We oppose nation building and undeclared wars.

4) We support the Restoration of the Constitution as the Law of the Land

Those 4 simple ideas are easily understood and have universal appeal. If we all go down with such a simple unified message- we will get all kinds of dressers there.

autobot

just look sharp, why not a summery pants suit?

Mahkato
02-12-2008, 03:55 PM
If over 50% of the men wore a tie, I would be duly impressed.

If I go, I will dress well.

autobot
02-12-2008, 03:55 PM

Leaders do.

The Tao Of Bill
02-12-2008, 03:56 PM
Well the vietnam hippies dressed in tiedie. I don't think attire really matters much as long as you don't wear a shirt that says "95% of blacks are criminal"

FindLiberty
02-12-2008, 03:56 PM
suits OR thongs ???

I say, suits.

billjarrett
02-12-2008, 03:58 PM

I own three. But I think every man should usually have at least one that fits. You never know when you will need one for job interview/wedding/funeral/etc

autobot
02-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Well the vietnam hippies dressed in tiedie. I don't think attire really matters much as long as you don't wear a shirt that says "95% of blacks are criminal"

And they are still mocked. And it still has a negative image. If you want to piss off the police and get gassed before you even make a stand, then wear some tie dye. I have been to a major demonstration and it is scary as hell no matter how peaceful.

tangent4ronpaul
02-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Wear suits - gotcha!

http://images.politico.com/global/flip%20the%20dolphin.jpg

http://www.sagecraft.com/puppetry/building/index.html

-n

IPSecure
02-12-2008, 04:01 PM
http://bigrednetwork.com/archives/images/2007/10/Blues-Brothers.jpg

phill4paul
02-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Wear suits - gotcha!

-n

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Yes the rest of us should dress nice. But you tangent4rp, should definately wear that fetching attire!

billjarrett
02-12-2008, 04:03 PM
MLK was a different time, where suits were fairly common to be seen..

I would say theres nothing wrong with slacks and a pressed button up shirt for men though. Alot of businesses that were traditionally suits have been doing this alot lately. Tie preferred, but not mandatory (Nothing I hate more than a tie on a hot day).

Sorry on the womens end, I don't wear your clothes so I can't comment on what would be ok.

tamor
02-12-2008, 04:04 PM
That was another time -- the suits were used to show the worth of the individual - the idea of red, white and blue would fit into everyone's wardrobe better --

thoughtbombing
02-12-2008, 04:04 PM
Leaders do.

+1776

And lapel pins, etc...

ladyliberty
02-12-2008, 04:05 PM
Military Supporters should wear their dress uniforms!

Lawyers should wear their Shark Suits!

Off-duty Police should wear their Uniforms (if that is legal)

We are a very diverse group of people from all walks of life - and we want the world to know it! Don't wear your every day bumming around the house casual wear - dress like you are SOMBODY IMPORTANT!

Because you are - you are an American Voter/Taxpayer!

ladyliberty
02-12-2008, 04:07 PM
There are usually 7 or 8 guys wearing this sort of suit at every event I have been to this past year!

http://www.funnyshop.co.uk/acatalog/george-washington-costume-sm26324.jpg

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 04:07 PM
You would look pretty in what ever you wear.

Flattery will get you everywhere with me. :) lol. j/k

just look sharp, why not a summery pants suit?

why not shorts and a ron paul T shirt? You know...since I'll more than likely be chasing my kid around all day like most of the mothers attending. eh? just a thought. humidity is going to be a you know what...you don't want ppl out there having heat strokes. I say let the people be individuals. Show up how you're comfortable. We aren't cookie cutter supporters...we represent so many different cultures and backgrounds.

Be YOURSELF. It's a beautiful thing!

thoughtbombing
02-12-2008, 04:08 PM

No. Illegal, against the UCMJ, if I recall.

You cannot participate in political activity while in uniform. However, I would be encouraged to see them there... NOT in uniform, because I don't want to see armed guards at a rally I am at.

MrHellebusch
02-12-2008, 04:09 PM
+1

ladyliberty
02-12-2008, 04:09 PM
No. Illegal, against the UCMJ, if I recall.

You cannot participate in political activity while in uniform. However, I would be encouraged to see them there... NOT in uniform, because I don't want to see armed guards at a rally I am at.

They can't wear their fatigues either?

I just thought those riot police would want to know that we are not your average every day protesters

CAn anyone wear the Black Belt Karate Suits?

DAFTEK
02-12-2008, 04:11 PM
All American RED WHITE BLUE

+1

If its on 4th July like Ron Paul was hinting it would make sens to find a dress code like white sneakers, blue jeans or shorts and red shirts :D

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 04:13 PM
Wear suits - gotcha!

-n

lmao! dude...that's hilarious!

autobot
Flattery will get you everywhere with me. :) lol. j/k

why not shorts and a ron paul T shirt? You know...since I'll more than likely be chasing my kid around all day like most of the mothers attending. eh? just a thought. humidity is going to be a you know what...you don't want ppl out there having heat strokes. I say let the people be individuals. Show up how you're comfortable. We aren't cookie cutter supporters...we represent so many different cultures and backgrounds.

Be YOURSELF. It's a beautiful thing!

I guess you've never had to persuade anybody. Image is crucial to what needs to be accomplished. People should look their best. Like a job interview. Of course, be yourself. Just Dress like you are going on National TV( Because we hope we are)

John of Des Moines
suits OR thongs ???

I say, suits.

Actually I say gentlemen wear suits and the ladies wear thongs and even go Lady Godiva. I'll bring some horses if there is interest and I'll even play horsey with a couple. :rolleyes:

amy31416
02-12-2008, 04:15 PM

No, tinfoil hats go very well with a suit ;)

Actually, I think dress casual would be good, you don't want to be too uncomfortable since it will likely last for hours and you'll be walking a lot.

ladyliberty
02-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Red White and Blue it is - Blue Suits, Red Ties, white shirts - will look great on television

I would do the lady godiva thing but I am afraid my birthday suit needs ironing!;):D

CelestialRender
02-12-2008, 04:18 PM
Suits were much more commonly worn in that day, by your average working stiff.

Regardless of that, it is a good idea. However, omitting the suit coat for men may be a good idea, as most are very dark (or black), and it will be summer.

Regardless, dressing up nicely and not having mo-hawks would generally be a good idea.

amy31416
02-12-2008, 04:20 PM
http://bigrednetwork.com/archives/images/2007/10/Blues-Brothers.jpg

It's 106 miles to DC, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it!

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 04:21 PM
I guess you've never had to persuade anybody. Image is crucial to what needs to be accomplished. People should look their best. Like a job interview. Of course, be yourself. Just Dress like you are going on National TV( Because we hope we are)

yeah...i'm thinking i have since i worked in sales for 5 years. i'm not going to a job interview in DC and my son won't be wearing a suit either. wear suits if you think it's a must...just don't get mad when the majority of us show up looking like regular people who have children. 8 to 12 hours in a suit, outside in crappy humidity...if you can take it...props to you; you're a better person than I am. Have fun=) I'll be the breezy one not sweating and still getting my point across..."I support Freedom"

CareerTech1
02-12-2008, 04:25 PM
Everyone Has To Wear A Tux And Formal Gown!!!

Peregrin
Darnit...I was going to wear my hippie jeans, peasant shirt, and Birkenstocks... :(

Seriously, though--if you want to wear a suit, go ahead. Lil' old homemaker me will be wearing something more comfortable and appropriate to my occupation. :)

NoPants
Suit up!

autobot
02-12-2008, 04:27 PM
Red White and Blue it is - Blue Suits, Red Ties, white shirts - will look great on television

I would do the lady godiva thing but I am afraid my birthday suit needs ironing!;):D

Great idea!
How about red white or blue ties for the guys.

T-shirts are not allowed in so many places, lets avoid them. Same with blue jeans. Lets dress as if this was a very important event.

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 04:27 PM
Regardless, dressing up nicely and not having mo-hawks would generally be a good idea.

lol. hmmm, my son has a mohawk. and i'm guessing some anarchist will show up. alot of them sport mohawks. as long as they're not violent...I don't see the problem.

why is it on a forum where we promote freedom and ppl being individuals....we all of the sudden want to tell ppl how to dress and look? this is just mind boggling to me.

I say..if you're paying your way to get up there...you can look however you want to look. That's no one's concern. If you want to be comfortable...then be that. :cool:

thoughtbombing
02-12-2008, 04:29 PM
What the hell do you people wear when you canvass?

No wonder we keep losing primaries.

ladyliberty
02-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Some may want to wear Anti-Riot Police Gear

http://images.art.com/images/-/Mel-Gibson---Braveheart--C10102033.jpeg

MrZach
02-12-2008, 04:30 PM
I'll dress like I normally dress - except I'll wear jeans instead of shorts - button up collar shirt, nice shoes, etc.

I think as long as people aren't dressing totally crappy or wearing crazy offensive clothing, most people will be dressed well. I doubt that we can really get the word here though... I mean, we're talking about a million man march, and I don't think even a fraction of that checks the forums...

billjarrett
02-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Mohawk tied back in a pony tail with a little gel makes a little more presentable.. Well long ones anyways...

Mine used to be a little over a foot long back in the day, and thats what I did when I had to get dressed up for something. Not great, but better...

But that was a long time ago, before I had to get a job..

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 04:32 PM
http://scorpiofiles.com/webpages2/amberkim4.jpg

How bout something like this. The 80s rocked my socks. Cyndi Lauper formal is what you'll get from me if you keep saying shorts and a t shirt are not appropriate. bwaaahahahahahaha!

John of Des Moines
02-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Actually, we should dress if we were going to your favorite place of worship and/or the way your mother dressed you when going someplace important. (Of course, except for the ladies who wish to go Lady Godiva.)

autobot
02-12-2008, 04:33 PM
yeah...i'm thinking i have since i worked in sales for 5 years. i'm not going to a job interview in DC and my son won't be wearing a suit either. wear suits if you think it's a must...just don't get mad when the majority of us show up looking like regular people who have children. 8 to 12 hours in a suit, outside in crappy humidity...if you can take it...props to you; you're a better person than I am. Have fun=) I'll be the breezy one not sweating and still getting my point across..."I support Freedom"

This is the biggest sales event ever. Dress for a sales job.

autobot
02-12-2008, 04:34 PM

How bout something like this. The 80s rocked my socks. Cyndi Lauper formal is what you'll get from me if you keep saying shorts and a t shirt are not appropriate. bwaaahahahahahaha!

That's hot.

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 04:35 PM
What the hell do you people wear when you canvass?

No wonder we keep losing primaries.

http://a87.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/70/m_4a92b648757e76e186f3f646ae13612e.jpg

That's what me and my RP ppl wear. side note: this is after 8 hours of canvassing. there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. ppl i talked to were extremely receptive and loved my shirt.:p

NoPants
02-12-2008, 04:41 PM

Holy crap, the police are shooting arrows now! Those are arrows in his shield right?

Anti-riot gear - Ok.
Spears, Axe's and Swords - Not ok.

ClayTrainor
02-12-2008, 04:43 PM

Lawyers should wear their Shark Suits!

Off-duty Police should wear their Uniforms (if that is legal)

We are a very diverse group of people from all walks of life - and we want the world to know it! Don't wear your every day bumming around the house casual wear - dress like you are SOMBODY IMPORTANT!

Because you are - you are an American Voter/Taxpayer!

Well said, i completely agree :D

I'm going to be wearing something business casual i think, since i am a business man by trade :cool:

autobot
02-12-2008, 04:44 PM
http://a87.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/70/m_4a92b648757e76e186f3f646ae13612e.jpg

That's what me and my RP ppl wear. side note: this is after 8 hours of canvassing. there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. ppl i talked to were extremely receptive and loved my shirt.:p

Prom dress is much more awesome. LOL you are still dressed very nice, hair and makeup done, jewelry, and I bet your nails are done, too. People tend to look pretty ratty at rallys and then get mocked and dismissed. This is largely don't with this statement "Rag Tag" or "kids" etc.

FreeTraveler
02-12-2008, 04:47 PM
No, tinfoil hats go very well with a suit ;)

Actually, I think dress casual would be good, you don't want to be too uncomfortable since it will likely last for hours and you'll be walking a lot.

I think we need a group in suits and tinfoil hats, carrying briefcases and doing syncronized marching moves with the briefcases, like instruments in a marching band. At the front should be a sign "Lawyers for Ron Paul" :D

ladyliberty
02-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Holy crap, the police are shooting arrows now! Those are arrows in his shield right?

Anti-riot gear - Ok.
Spears, Axe's and Swords - Not ok.

I do not know how to photoshop the spears axes and swords out of the photo LOL!

And being Scottish-American have I ever told you I love men who wear kilts????:D

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Prom dress is much more awesome. LOL you are still dressed very nice, hair and makeup done, jewelry, and I bet your nails are done, too. People tend to look pretty ratty at rallys and then get mocked and dismissed. This is largely don't with this statement "Rag Tag" or "kids" etc.

lol. no, i plan on looking the same as the canvassing photo minus jeans....add some cool decent length shorts. I think other supporters will have enough sense to look decent. There will be some "ratty's" there. But we'll put them in the middle. No one will ever know or see a thing:D lol.

tangent4ronpaul
02-12-2008, 04:49 PM

that sounds good....

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/images/braverheartfreedom.jpeg

-n

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 04:49 PM
I think we need a group in suits and tinfoil hats, carrying briefcases and doing syncronized marching moves with the briefcases, like instruments in a marching band. At the front should be a sign "Lawyers for Ron Paul" :D

i sooo want to choreograph that. tis awesome! lol.

FreeTraveler
02-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Cyndi Lauper formal works for me. ;)

tangent4ronpaul
02-12-2008, 04:50 PM
And some of you are probably thanking God that I didn't find the "moon shot" ;)

-n

ladyliberty
02-12-2008, 04:51 PM

you mean like this? http://youtube.com/watch?v=WYCH_GJb_xs

tangent4ronpaul
02-12-2008, 04:52 PM

OH PLEASE! - DO THE ROBOT! In sync!

That would be Awesome!

-n

Ara825
02-12-2008, 04:53 PM

LOL I hear you ladyliberty, my birthday suit needs an ironing and a seamstress...nip, tuck and smooth. LOL

NorthwoodsPC
02-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Perhaps someone could with more graphic skill could get on cafepress or similar and design a t-shirt with the Constitution printed on it.

FreeTraveler
02-12-2008, 04:54 PM
you mean like this? http://youtube.com/watch?v=WYCH_GJb_xs

Yes, the Briefcase Brigade is perfect, but they need tinfoil hats. :D

ladyliberty
02-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Yes, the Briefcase Brigade is perfect, but they need tinfoil hats. :D

How about all the guys who like to wear powdered wigs get to march too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEEK85XfkDU

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 05:23 PM
if we're talking about choreographed numbers...I vote for everyone doing the electric slide as opposed to your boring regular walking. That, with the attorneys doing the robot with their tinfoil hats, the guys in powdered wigs, our lady godiva's and the loud red, white and blue suits...we can't go wrong! whaddya think? eh?:D lol.

amy31416
02-12-2008, 05:30 PM

Ooh ooh! To the tune of "Freedom of Choice" by DEVO!

http://www.sonicftp.com/news/images/devo.jpg

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 05:33 PM

these hats should replace our tinfoil ones. they're much more stylish.

Gertie
02-12-2008, 05:36 PM
This is the biggest sales event ever. Dress for a sales job.
Well, in order to sell this revolution, we have to remind people of past lessons from US history, right?
Which could justify an idea that's been floating around in my brain about dressing in over the top 1870's garb (in patriotic colors of course), à la the excess of the Gilded Age, wearing a sash with some slogan like "1878 AMBASSADOR TO AMERICA'S SECOND (AND LAST) GILDED AGE 2008" (If someone else wore a suit with shirtwaist, top hat, and has a fistful of steel/railroad bonds, that would make the tableau complete, heh.)

It'd surely be hotter than a nice polo and shorts, but I'm actually contemplating it. :D Yes/no?

amy31416
02-12-2008, 05:40 PM

Consider it done. I'll buy 500 plastic flower pots and spray paint 'em red!

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Consider it done. I'll buy 500 plastic flower pots and spray paint 'em red!

yeeeeeees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it!:D

amy31416
02-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Well, in order to sell this revolution, we have to remind people of past lessons from US history, right?
Which could justify an idea that's been floating around in my brain about dressing in over the top 1870's garb (in patriotic colors of course), à la the excess of the Gilded Age, wearing a sash with some slogan like "1878 AMBASSADOR TO AMERICA'S SECOND (AND LAST) GILDED AGE 2008" (If someone else wore a suit with shirtwaist, top hat, and has a fistful of steel/railroad bonds, that would make the tableau complete, heh.)

It'd surely be hotter than a nice polo and shorts, but I'm actually contemplating it. :D Yes/no?

I like it, but the media often uses those of us who are costumed to paint us as whack jobs.

Not that there's anything wrong with whack jobs, either kind--well maybe not the killing kind. ;)

Cooter
02-12-2008, 05:51 PM
im considered a little redneckish, but i will wear my suit with the sleeves cut off. :)

tangent4ronpaul
02-12-2008, 05:51 PM
I like it, but the media often uses those of us who are costumed to paint us as whack jobs.

Not that there's anything wrong with whack jobs, either kind--well maybe not the killing kind. ;)

I don't know - that dolphin got interviewed on several different occasions by national media outlets and was never made out to be a "whack job". btw: he does not support Ron Paul.

-n

bcreps85
02-12-2008, 05:55 PM
I recommend looking fairly nice, but suits may be over the top. I may find a Ron Paul polo or something with decent looking pats.

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 05:55 PM
im considered a little redneckish, but i will wear my suit with the sleeves cut off. :)

tis excellent.

dbhohio47
02-12-2008, 05:56 PM

just make sure you accessorize with silver. Gold earrings, necklaces, cufflinks, tie tacks, etc. with tinfoil would clash and be soooooo tacky :p

RonRules
02-12-2008, 06:03 PM
I suggested sign waving in suits with my meetup group. Several thought it was weird, but I got quite a few nods as well.

A march with well dressed people will be more effective.

If anything pictures of german shepherds biting our legs while being firehosed will be more dramatic!

vincebodie
02-12-2008, 06:03 PM
I don't give a @%$# how hot it is, I want to look gooood! And I'm not talking a Don Johnson white linen job with a Hawaiian shirt and sandals either...

the_bee
02-12-2008, 06:04 PM
suits:D

RonPaulVolunteer
02-12-2008, 06:06 PM
Well, this is a good idea. The media will try to make us look like a bunch of red necks and so forth. If we all wore suits, or at least pants with a shirt and tie, it would look VERY powerful.

amy31416
02-12-2008, 06:06 PM
Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain

Of course, it depends on what man is naked, in my mind.

John of Des Moines
02-12-2008, 06:08 PM
I don't give a @%$# how hot it is, I want to look gooood! And I'm not talking a Don Johnson white linen job with a Hawaiian shirt and sandals either...

I suggested sign waving in suits with my meetup group. Several thought it was weird, but I got quite a few nods as well.

A march with well dressed people will be more effective.

If anything pictures of german shepherds biting our legs while being firehosed will be more dramatic!

Agreed. Being well dressed in a march is a good image. Gassing or putting ther dogs on well-dressed people don't play well in middle America. (Except I still say the ladies can go Lady Godiva. :rolleyes:)

autobot
02-12-2008, 06:08 PM

LOL

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 06:12 PM

why not? don johnson was pretty foxxy back in the day.

jpwilhelm
02-12-2008, 06:18 PM
You will look crazy out there in a suit all day long, unless you are speaking. Back when MLK was around, that was a different time. You look at people 20 years earlier than that and every one would wear hats everywhere they went. Times have changed.

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Yes it would improve our image. But also keep in mind it might be very hot that day. We have to dress for the weather.Nudist March!

autobot
02-12-2008, 06:25 PM
You will look crazy out there in a suit all day long, unless you are speaking. Back when MLK was around, that was a different time. You look at people 20 years earlier than that and every one would wear hats everywhere they went. Times have changed.

Suits are making a comeback in business, people sure wear them to work around here(Vegas)

Granted, blue collar workers don't, but the powerful people do. Even to the hottest nightclubs, like Pure and Light and Tao or wherever. Men in suits don't wait in the two hour long line, they just go in.

stargazer
02-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Suit, all the way...

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/2650/ronpaulwalkingstory1zn8.jpg

Oh We're Not Gonna Take It
no, We Ain't Gonna Take It
oh We're Not Gonna Take It Anymore

we've Got The Right To Choose And
there Ain't No Way We'll Lose It
this Is Our Life, This Is Our Song
we'll Fight The Powers That Be Just
don't Pick Our Destiny 'cause
you Don't Know Us, You Don't Belong

oh You're So Condescending
your Gall Is Never Ending
we Don't Want Nothin', Not A Thing From You
your Life Is Trite And Jaded
boring And Confiscated
if That's Your Best, Your Best Won't Do

oh.....................
oh.....................
we're Right/yeah
we're Free/yeah
we'll Fight/yeah
you'll See/yeah

oh We're Not Gonna Take It
no, We Ain't Gonna Take It
oh We're Not Gonna Take It Anymore

Ah music to my ears!!!

KevinDW78
02-12-2008, 06:42 PM
I think suits with red, white, or blue ties is perfect. Who cares about the weather - it's the price of fashion!

Arek
02-12-2008, 06:47 PM
Actually I've found suits are very comfortable then again it could be an acquired taste i guess.

billjarrett
02-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Actually I've found suits are very comfortable then again it could be an acquired taste i guess.

In winter, yes. In July, not so much.

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 06:49 PM
http://www.filmreference.com/images/sjff_01_img0413.jpg

ok...so this could work. skinny ties though. not the fat ugly ones. shades are optional...but alot cooler. The guys would look awesome like this. OR...we could go this route...

http://blog.freepeople.com/napoleon_dynamite_poster.jpg

not only would you be rallying for a good cause...but you men would be bringing sexy back. Snow boots and all. Now, that's yummy.

amy31416
02-12-2008, 07:01 PM
http://www.filmreference.com/images/sjff_01_img0413.jpg

ok...so this could work. skinny ties though. not the fat ugly ones. shades are optional...but alot cooler. The guys would look awesome like this.

That's EXACTLY the image that came to my mind! Bad-Ass!

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 07:09 PM
That's EXACTLY the image that came to my mind! Bad-Ass!

right on. what's cooler than that? absolutely NOTHING. Get on this fellas. snap, snap!

Computer
02-12-2008, 07:10 PM
I was just looking at some old MLK Photos and almost all of his supporters dressed very nice, and look very professional. I thought maybe we should all look professional for the march... show that we really mean business!

If a large majority of us wear suits at the march on washington do you think that would improve our image? just a thought.

Somebody may have said this already, but what are we, the Nation of Islam? Can't we go casual/family style?

Benaiah
02-12-2008, 07:11 PM

I wear suits almost every day, and my woman wears nothing but skirts and dresses.

/shrug

Computer
02-12-2008, 07:12 PM
Women have to wear full burkas.

amy31416
02-12-2008, 07:16 PM
right on. what's cooler than that? absolutely NOTHING. Get on this fellas. snap, snap!

By the way fellas, many of us women find that look rather sexay :cool:

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 07:18 PM
By the way fellas, many of us women find that look rather sexay :cool:

that's it! i'm snaggin' a man when i go to DC. that'll be my side project.:cool:

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Women have to wear full burkas.

and walk 10 feet behind the men too? nice try bubba. :p

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 07:21 PM
I wear suits almost every day, and my woman wears nothing but skirts and dresses.

/shrug

okaaaay...you and your woman are the hot couple exception. :p

ladyliberty
02-12-2008, 07:25 PM
that's it! i'm snaggin' a man when i go to DC. that'll be my side project.:cool:

I already tried that here in Ft. Lauderdale and in St. Pete too - but all anyone wanted to talk about was Ron Paul and Freedom and Liberty and a bunch of junk like that! :D ;)

Paul Revered
02-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Dress nice.

ladyliberty
02-12-2008, 07:28 PM
Dress nice.

Suit good too.

dax702
02-12-2008, 07:31 PM
dressing up for this is not important. We're the people. If you want to wear a suit in hot, humid east coast weather, go for it. Don't forget people associate "the suits" with the men in power too..

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 07:49 PM
I already tried that here in Ft. Lauderdale and in St. Pete too - but all anyone wanted to talk about was Ron Paul and Freedom and Liberty and a bunch of junk like that! :D ;)

i will never lose hope. ever. lol. the right ron paul guy is out there waiting for meh:D

AtomiC
02-12-2008, 07:56 PM
All the people in the Ron Paul entourage should definitely wear suits as they usually do.

As for all of the Ron Paul supporters that will be in attendance, it will be fine for them to dress casually.

amy31416
02-12-2008, 07:57 PM

That's been part of my evil plan all along :D

While I don't like it that there are fewer women supporting Paul than men, I do like that the stats are in my favor ;)

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 07:59 PM
That's been part of my evil plan all along :D

While I don't like it that there are fewer women supporting Paul than men, I do like that the stats are in my favor ;)

see? that's what I'm talking about! The odds are totally in our favor:p

i need to start a Ron Paul dating service for like minded freedom preaching, liberty loving singles.

amy31416
02-12-2008, 08:00 PM

I'm sure I could figure out some way to distract 'em for just, I don't know, 45 minutes or so ;)

Then it's back to bidness.

ladyliberty
02-12-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm sure I could figure out some way to distract 'em for just, I don't know, 45 minutes or so ;)

Then it's back to bidness.

Yeah but you know how these Paulees are - once they get going about Ron Paul its all down hill after that!

I am looking for a slim old-fashioned type of gentleman with silver hair and brown eyes - who likes to drink hot decaf and talk politics? know anyone like that? or are those all taken?

amy31416
02-12-2008, 08:14 PM
Yeah but you know how these Paulees are - once they get going about Ron Paul its all down hill after that!

I am looking for a slim old-fashioned type of gentleman with silver hair and brown eyes - who likes to drink hot decaf and talk politics? know anyone like that? or are those all taken?

Well Ron Paul is taken, but I'm sure there's some lovely gentlemen here who are interested in a sophisticated, intelligent woman like yourself.

Me, I'm not so sophisticated, but I can play the part for a while if I have to. ;)

ladyliberty
02-12-2008, 08:17 PM
Well Ron Paul is taken, but I'm sure there's some lovely gentlemen here who are interested in a sophisticated, intelligent woman like yourself.

Me, I'm not so sophisticated, but I can play the part for a while if I have to. ;)

The closest I came to that was in St. Pete when I rode the trolley with a feller dressed up as George Washington - then he started talking on and on about the Constitution and I never could get a word in edgwise! :D ;)

amy31416
02-12-2008, 08:19 PM
The closest I came to that was in St. Pete when I rode the trolley with a feller dressed up as George Washington - then he started talking on and on about the Constitution and I never could get a word in edgwise! :D ;)

Feh! Men, when will you ever learn?? :rolleyes:

ladyliberty
02-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Yeppers they all complain that women arent interested in the Revolution but when they sit down with one that is all they want to do is preach! Preaching to the choir is what they do!

Men - I hope you guys are reading this thread and taking some notes on this. You are not the only ones who know the revolution and have the constitution memorized! :D ;)

Maybe I will increase my chances if I dress up like Betsy Ross or something? :D

amy31416
02-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Yeppers they all complain that women arent interested in the Revolution but when they sit down with one that is all they want to do is preach! Preaching to the choir is what they do!

Men - I hope you guys are reading this thread and taking some notes on this. You are not the only ones who know the revolution and have the constitution memorized! :D ;)

Maybe I will increase my chances if I dress up like Betsy Ross or something? :D

Ha! Okay, I'm going to try to keep this somewhat PC, but dressing up like Betsy Ross to the George Washington guy could make for some hot times :D

We've done so much preaching to the choir, we need to go after those who are still unaware of this message.

ladyliberty
02-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Ha! Okay, I'm going to try to keep this somewhat PC, but dressing up like Betsy Ross to the George Washington guy could make for some hot times :D

Yeah - he'll probably just commission me to make a flag or something! :rolleyes::D

amy31416
02-12-2008, 08:33 PM
Yeah - he'll probably just commission me to make a flag or something! :rolleyes::D

His loss! :rolleyes:

ladyliberty
02-12-2008, 08:36 PM
So maybe I will meet the man of my dreams in Washington this summer huh? :)

One can always hope! :D

amy31416
02-12-2008, 08:46 PM
So maybe I will meet the man of my dreams in Washington this summer huh? :)

One can always hope! :D

I have a good feeling about it.

Freedom is popular!

yankee_blue
02-12-2008, 09:25 PM
What looks really nice in a large crowd is when everyone wears the same color shirt, say Red, or Blue. This monochromatic effect can be often seen at College football games and soccer games. Pretty effective.

John of Des Moines
02-12-2008, 09:27 PM
What looks really nice in a large crowd is when everyone wears the same color shirt, say Red, or Blue. This monochromatic effect can be often seen at College football games and soccer games. Pretty effective.

Perhaps have people group together by color, red, white, and blue.

Jimmy2e
02-12-2008, 09:35 PM
We all Wear Guy Faukes costumes and march.

This would send a huge message.
Remember a Idea cannot bleed, it cannot feel pain, and can only die when you stop believing.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii46/fast0811/v-for-vendetta.jpg

amy31416
02-12-2008, 09:38 PM

Remember a Idea cannot bleed, it cannot feel pain, and can only die when you stop believing.

Um. No.

polexi
02-12-2008, 09:38 PM
I'll wear a polo shirt, but anything else is pushing it in that weather.

clowns789
02-12-2008, 09:40 PM

Here's a good source. (http://www.ronpaul2008store.com/servlet/Categories?category=I+Support+Ron+Paul+T-Shirts)

Jimmy2e
02-12-2008, 09:40 PM
Um. No.

Mustn't have seen the movie... :rolleyes:

amy31416
02-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Mustn't have seen the movie... :rolleyes:

No, I didn't see the movie. I do know what it's about. And I also know that wearing scary masks will make us seem like a bunch of freaks.

You have what, 12 posts and you're trying to make the march into a freakshow? Who are you really for, my friend?

So, NO.

P.S. You don't even know how to spell Fawkes :rolleyes:

Benaiah
02-12-2008, 09:46 PM
I agree. Can we for once do without the costumes or crazy facial hair?

Jimmy2e
02-12-2008, 09:48 PM
A freak show. Ok dude, im sorry im too busy out there canvassing and running a delegate run in my district to be making a thousand posts. Do not question the legitimacy of my posts based on my comment amount. Because i can guarantee that i have done more for this campaign than you have done for at at this forum let alone in your precinct.

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 09:50 PM

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii46/fast0811/v-for-vendetta.jpg

that would scare the shit out of my kid and everyone else's kids. NO, for the last time to that lame idea. How many times are people going to bring up V for Vendetta? stop it.

autobot
02-12-2008, 09:52 PM
A freak show. Ok dude, im sorry im too busy out there canvassing and running a delegate run in my district to be making a thousand posts. Do not question the legitimacy of my posts based on my comment amount. Because i can guarantee that i have done more for this campaign than you have done for at at this forum let alone in your precinct.

Getting snitty wont take away from the fact that you were wrong. Scary terrorists masks wont win anyone over. It's a terrible idea.

amy31416
02-12-2008, 09:55 PM

I will question whatever I damned well please, especially if you are making suggestions that would be harmful to our cause. If you're so helpful to the RP cause, why the HELL would you make a suggestion like the one you did? Answer that.

The only way you can guarantee anything is to show proof, and you're welcome to do so.

Dig that.

Revolution9
02-12-2008, 09:56 PM
I recently attended a very large march in D.C. and I considered wearing a suit but I thank God that I did not not. A suit would be fine for short term walking or if you will be speaking but other than that I would dress as comfortably as possible. We are probably going to be out there for a very long time and standing around for hours on end in a suit is not my idea of fun.

QFT. My suits are all Italian antique wool..not cheap shit...and black. I would be soaked anytime after june 1st. I am coming in standard full regalia like always. With light pants and a light shirt, velvet revolutionary riding jacket in tow in case the evenings get chill. I will bet I am more "dressy" than the suit guys. The hat is museum replica dove grey tricorn and cost as much as a cheap suit. I get alot of request for photos. I got mentioned on Air America here as The Revolutionary war guy with the Ron Paul crew.. The fucking democratic gatekeepers even liked me:)

Stop with the borg confoprmity as we are birds in an ecosytem and not a den of golem clones. I end by saying I disagree with this idea on practcval grounds and disagree on grounds of the right of the individual to epress themselves. the talk I see about hippies and the like is disgusting and prejudicial. I once saw a pic in the lobby of a famous Beverly Hills hotel. It was a picture of a guy with long hair and some facial whiskers. the caption read "Be kind to this man. He may have just earned a millipn dollars". Take note mouthpieces.

Best
Randy

Jimmy2e
02-12-2008, 09:58 PM
Getting snitty wont take away from the fact that you were wrong. Scary terrorists masks wont win anyone over. It's a terrible idea.

My Apologies. However it was a mere suggestion of a powerful march that was about ideas and had a close relationship to what we are all doing.

John of Des Moines
02-12-2008, 09:59 PM

Masks are a big no! First, it's against the law in many states and FEDs will make it a federal case under the Civil Rights Act of 1871. IIRC, the Act makes it illegal to go upon the highways to deprive another of their civil rights. They will make it out as if we're trying to "scare" others not to exercise their right to travel (Old Lady: "I saw these people in masks and thought they were going to assault me") and thus deprive others of their civil rights. Masks are a very, very, bad idea.

mkeller
02-12-2008, 10:07 PM
I was wondering if anyone would bring the Guy Fawkes masks up. :) I rather agree with you about scaring people, but I think one person, at least, should go as V . . .

Maybe Jimmy2e? ;)

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 10:09 PM
QFT. My suits are all Italian antique wool..not cheap shit...and black. I would be soaked anytime after june 1st. I am coming in standard full regalia like always. With light pants and a light shirt, velvet revolutionary riding jacket in tow in case the evenings get chill. I will bet I am more "dressy" than the suit guys. The hat is museum replica dove grey tricorn and cost as much as a cheap suit. I get alot of request for photos. I got mentioned on Air America here as The Revolutionary war guy with the Ron Paul crew.. The fucking democratic gatekeepers even liked me:)

Stop with the borg confoprmity as we are birds in an ecosytem and not a den of golem clones. I end by saying I disagree with this idea on practcval grounds and disagree on grounds of the right of the individual to epress themselves. the talk I see about hippies and the like is disgusting and prejudicial. I once saw a pic in the lobby of a famous Beverly Hills hotel. It was a picture of a guy with long hair and some facial whiskers. the caption read "Be kind to this man. He may have just earned a millipn dollars". Take note mouthpieces.

Best
Randy

where the hell were you all day. we needed ur mouthpiece earlier. seriously. :D

amy31416
02-12-2008, 10:10 PM
I was wondering if anyone would bring the Guy Fawkes masks up. :) I rather agree with you about scaring people, but I think one person, at least, should go as V . . .

Maybe Jimmy2e? ;)

Why?

amy31416
02-12-2008, 10:13 PM

Randy is the hottest, most eloquentest SOB on these boards. :D

We could all take a lesson from him.

Revolution9
02-12-2008, 10:14 PM

We had some thunder stealers and a meds drunk on the main forum. I just figured out this was back here:)

Best
Randy

Revolution9
02-12-2008, 10:16 PM

I like the preface to the SOB.:D My dad was a drill Sargeant in the Black Watch.. We take family pride in a good dressing down and dressing up.

Best
Randy

Revolution9
02-12-2008, 10:18 PM
Why?

The outfit with face paint to match might be cool and actually more theatrical. Become the mask. This s a happening. Not a sales convention:)

Best
Randy

dirknb@hotmail.com
02-12-2008, 10:22 PM
DC in the summer. Definitely shorts and a Ron Paul t-shirt. If I went in a suit I'd end up tossing the jacket and tie in a garbage can and cutting the legs off.

amy31416
02-12-2008, 10:37 PM
The outfit with face paint to match might be cool and actually more theatrical. Become the mask. This s a happening. Not a sales convention:)

Best
Randy

Well I see this as more of a sales convention in the sense that we are selling an idea (or ideas), so I'm going the more conservative route. Most of the audience we need to capture is conservative.

I'm a fan of us coming to this march naked, so to speak, and just speaking to the ideas of this campaign and being able to sell our ideas-ie, the truth. I don't want to turn anyone off with scary masks and costumes. I mean, we could say "screw them" and all move to Montana, but I don't think it's come to that yet.

We could possibly have a real effect and do so peacefully. I'd prefer that over the alternative.

Revolution9
02-12-2008, 10:41 PM
Well I see this as more of a sales convention in the sense that we are selling an idea (or ideas), so I'm going the more conservative route. Most of the audience we need to capture is conservative.

I'm a fan of us coming to this march naked, so to speak, and just speaking to the ideas of this campaign and being able to sell our ideas-ie, the truth. I don't want to turn anyone off with scary masks and costumes. I mean, we could say "screw them" and all move to Montana, but I don't think it's come to that yet.

We could possibly have a real effect and do so peacefully. I'd prefer that over the alternative.

Actually..the guy will melt in a V outfit. there was a reason he wore that November 5th:) My outfit would have been worn by the most conservative of men...back in 1775. Oh.. And am the Atllanta Flag Bearer. they would be disappointed if didn't get regalia-ed up.

best
randy

John of Des Moines
02-12-2008, 10:43 PM

Yeah, even people who are "liberals" will make negative comments if the event has a contingent of what the average conservative would call "freaks." Not to disparage people who march to a different drummer but with the March the drummer is Ron Paul and we need to promote the return to constitutional government as a mainstream idea.

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 10:56 PM

lol. indeed. can't wait to see him in his velvet revolutionary riding jacket. That's hawt.:p

amy31416
02-12-2008, 11:47 PM
lol. indeed. can't wait to see him in his velvet revolutionary riding jacket. That's hawt.:p

Absofrikkenlutely....on another note...quit changing you pic, I can't keep up!

Velvet is swanky.

dandg
02-13-2008, 12:49 AM
Everyone should dress like the founding fathers

http://www.wilsonsalmanac.com/images/declaration5.jpg

Joseph Hart
02-13-2008, 12:50 AM
Wear suits, but they need to be gitmo orange.

Joseph Hart
02-13-2008, 12:52 AM
Do birthday suits count?

http://isaacschrodinger.typepad.com/isaacschrodinger/images/dahm_triplets_with_american_flag_body_pa.jpg

barrett203
02-13-2008, 01:04 AM
We could all were red, white, and blue "I Support Ron Paul" t-shirts. The effect I think would be massive, we ALL wear the same shirt type, the colors are patriotic! I SAY RED, WHITE, AND BLUE "I SUPPORT RON PAUL" T-SHIRTS!

damania
02-13-2008, 01:53 AM
Wear what the Patriots / Minutemen / Founding Fathers wore. That'll make a statement! Imagine the pictures in the press!!!

Something like http://www.dizguise.com/c-10041-hats-historical.aspx

leglock
02-13-2008, 02:02 AM
I'd wear a suit.

damania
02-13-2008, 02:13 AM
I'd wear a suit.

Suits too passe. How many suits do people see everyday?

A Patroit costume makes a bold statement. Besides the theme is the Constitution. And when it's over people have a souvenier.

Razmear
02-13-2008, 02:14 AM
I don't own a suit

damania
02-13-2008, 02:18 AM
I don't own a suit

We have enough time to buy one online. Overcoat and hat essentially :D.

http://www.dizguise.com/c-10041-hats-historical.aspx

ForcedPerspective
02-13-2008, 03:24 AM
Do birthday suits count?

http://isaacschrodinger.typepad.com/isaacschrodinger/images/dahm_triplets_with_american_flag_body_pa.jpg

As long as you can pull it off! :D

freedom_junkie
02-13-2008, 06:00 AM
we'll look like a bunch of republican hippies LOL I say suits w/ beads and bandanas :D

amy31416
02-13-2008, 06:01 AM
Suits too passe. How many suits do people see everyday?

A Patroit costume makes a bold statement. Besides the theme is the Constitution. And when it's over people have a souvenier.

No.

thoughtbombing
02-13-2008, 06:03 AM
No.

no to the second Amendment... no to dressing up... please move to another state.. PA needs people with either some balls, or some ovaries to make bold moves, either that or... GASP, have a damn sense of humor.

Conza88
02-13-2008, 06:24 AM
you have the FREEDOM to wear what you want.
Its' all about the message. Always.

Pepsi
02-13-2008, 06:45 AM
suits OR thongs ???

I say, suits.

Zoot Suits? That's the only suits I have..

thoughtbombing
02-13-2008, 06:51 AM
Zoot Suits? That's the only suits I have..

all about the Zoot thongs.

amy31416
02-13-2008, 06:58 AM
no to the second Amendment... no to dressing up... please move to another state.. PA needs people with either some balls, or some ovaries to make bold moves, either that or... GASP, have a damn sense of humor.

I own a gun. I also have a sense of humor.

I do not, however, have testicles. Ovaries are fully intact though, thanks for your concern.

I'm not taking my gun to DC though, it will stay in my car outside of DC when I go in. DC is about the message, not taking over some federal agency. It's a peaceful rally/march and it's not appropriate, in my opinion, of course. Acts of civil disobedience do not require lethal force.

Protecting yourself and your home is another story.

KevinDW78
02-13-2008, 06:59 AM
OMG what is with you people? If this march is a bunch of people in costume then the entire damn thing will be seen as a huge joke by a bunch of wackos. This is not the St Patrick's Day Parade fer cripe sakes.

amy31416
02-13-2008, 07:08 AM
OMG what is with you people? If this march is a bunch of people in costume then the entire damn thing will be seen as a huge joke by a bunch of wackos. This is not the St Patrick's Day Parade fer cripe sakes.

+1^n

Kaneda
02-13-2008, 08:07 AM
not only would you be rallying for a good cause...but you men would be bringing sexy back. Snow boots and all. Now, that's yummy.

Snow boots? In June?? :eek:

FreeTraveler
02-13-2008, 08:21 AM
and walk 10 feet behind the men too? nice try bubba. :p

Nope, 10 feet in front... in case of land mines, ya know. :D

ralucelom
02-13-2008, 08:33 AM
SUITS FTW.

well if you want to dress comfortable dress casual. I dont see why we cant wear a nice t-shirt and sportscoat or something of that nature. just dont come out in shorts and a f#$( bush t-shirt. =)

have a respectable image for godssake

flames2dust77
02-13-2008, 08:57 AM
Nope, 10 feet in front... in case of land mines, ya know. :D

ooooh, you are wrong on so many levels for that. I'll be looking for you in DC, buddy. It's on! :D

flames2dust77
02-13-2008, 08:58 AM
Snow boots? In June?? :eek:

oh yes. snow boots in June. That's hawt.:D

tommyzDad
02-13-2008, 09:00 AM

Too funny, amy.

Zoot suits!!

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/6738/zootsuitersma9.jpg

I'm sure there'll be one guy dressed like our friend here:

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8167/leskoyg1.jpg

FreeTraveler
02-13-2008, 09:17 AM
ooooh, you are wrong on so many levels for that. I'll be looking for you in DC, buddy. It's on! :D

Ooohhhh... I'm all a-quiver. Dominant women are sooo sexay! :p

I couldn't resist. I guess today the term should be IED's, but it's an old joke from the days when we were occupying Vietnam, before we occupied Panama, before we occupied Bosnia, before we occupied Afghanistan, before we occupied Iraq. I think I missed a few in there somewhere. :D

Andrew76
02-13-2008, 09:27 AM
A wonderful idea! And you don't even have to wear a suit. If you've got a decent pair of pants, a dress shirt and a sport coat, that'd do fine too I think.

The point is this: it's no longer just a worry, as in, "Well, if we don't look nice and be polite and informed, the media that shows up, and people who're watching from home may write us off as crazy."

That's not the problem. The problem is that the MSM is actively and quite desperately trying to paint Ron Paul and his supporter as fringe. They've figured out what works and now they're hammering away at it.

If there's 500 Ron Paul supporters who're all average Americans, the MSM will hunt down the 1 guy with a 9/11 truth t-shirt and a handmade sign saying, "Legalize Drugs!" And focus solely on him. It's simply a more interesting story for the MSM. They don't know how else to engage us.

Make these jerks take us seriously! We will look sharp, be informed, and represent this movement as the superior choice that it is. I'd say, whatever your idea of "nice clothes" is, do that. But hey, a sport coat is a cinch, and hell you can wear it with jeans.

Lou337
02-13-2008, 09:47 AM
What about my Students For Ron Paul 08 tshirt?

flames2dust77
02-13-2008, 09:48 AM
Ooohhhh... I'm all a-quiver. Dominant women are sooo sexay! :p

I couldn't resist. I guess today the term should be IED's, but it's an old joke from the days when we were occupying Vietnam, before we occupied Panama, before we occupied Bosnia, before we occupied Afghanistan, before we occupied Iraq. I think I missed a few in there somewhere. :D

such a "man" response. lol.

Cleaner44
02-13-2008, 09:56 AM
Good guy wear white. Maybe we should all wear white shirts.

ctblnpilot
02-13-2008, 10:04 AM
An old fashoned outing on the green with picknic baskets and blankets.
I hate suits and ties but I would make the supreme sacrifice and wear one to this rally. The ladies could have dresses and parasols.
This might be a newsworthy video image
But where do we find the old style men's hats?

KevinDW78
02-13-2008, 10:47 AM
Another point nobody seems to have realized - if so many people are insistent on having this march on July 4th when there will be so many ordinary sheeple there in their torn off denim short shorts and tee shirts with NASCAR and Beer logos on them, what better way to stand out from everyone else there to have several hundred thousand people in suits?

KevinDW78
02-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Oh, and one more thing -

I am TIRED of reading people bitching about how uncomfortable it would be to wear a suit outside in the summer!!

If that's how much of a weak panzy you are then what the hell business do YOU have fighting a REVOLUTION?!?!?!

Kings march in 1963 was held in AUGUST people!!! And every one of them wore their SUNDAY BEST - suits, dresses, and the like. If THEY did it, WHY THE EFF CAN'T YOU?!?!?!

tommyzDad
02-13-2008, 11:53 AM
Hmmm. Not "everyone" is in a suit here:

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/456/1963marchlincolnmemoriavv2.jpg

Hey, asshat. Who the fuck are you to come off questioning anyone's right to be involved in this movement? Last time I checked were not in physical combat in our GOTVs, so your shitty little statement questioning anyone's "business" in this movement and their not wanting to be bothered by the heat holds no water.

And did you ever consider the possibility that some people have a problem with heat prostration? I have this problem. The reason I was separated from the Marine Corps. Yet I will be there, but not in a suit.

Don't you ever fucking question anyone's resolve in this. It's The Message, not how fucking well-dressed we are!

gilliganscorner
02-13-2008, 12:08 PM
Be yourself.

Dress whatever is comfortable, and don't wear ripped clothes.

Why don't we all wear the same T- marking the event?

For example. If we choose the T-Shirt, we could have the front say "Ron Paul for President" on top, followed by a nice picture of RP, then below that say "Because we want our Country back!"

On the back of those T-Shirts, we would have:

I AM JUST LIKE YOU!

Name: <First name only>
Children: <First name(s) only>

Or whatever you wanted to personalize the back with. No swearing. Nothing rude. The point is not to be seen as a fringe element, right?

You can wear a suit if you want to, but if too many of us show up in one, it'll remind everyone of Agent Smith from the Matrix. Remember, most people think the Matrix is fiction ;-)

flames2dust77
02-13-2008, 12:12 PM
Oh, and one more thing -

I am TIRED of reading people bitching about how uncomfortable it would be to wear a suit outside in the summer!!

If that's how much of a weak panzy you are then what the hell business do YOU have fighting a REVOLUTION?!?!?!

Kings march in 1963 was held in AUGUST people!!! And every one of them wore their SUNDAY BEST - suits, dresses, and the like. If THEY did it, WHY THE EFF CAN'T YOU?!?!?!

YOU sir...be quiet, rude ass. Ppl don't have to wear anything they don't want to wear. YOU wear a damn suit and be happy with your choice. DO NOT WORRY ABOUT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE ARE WEARING. This is not a dictatorship.

So please, stfu.

thanks.

roguepatriot
02-13-2008, 12:40 PM
Depends on how hot it is outside.

ladyliberty
02-13-2008, 12:56 PM
No body is asking anybody to go out and rent a tux or something - so relax! By the same token no one is asking anyone to burn their bras either!

We want to appear as respectable people in a respectable place, as a show of respect to the leader of this movement the Honorable Dr. Ron Paul.

Look at this way - Ron Paul wears suits and ties to every single event - have you noticed this? He wears this as a show of respect to US, his supporters. Even when the weather is warm and the stage lights are hot - he wears a suit and tie and a jacket. If he gets too warm he may take the jacket off and loosen his tie a bit or perhaps roll up his sleeves. How would it have been if he had shown up at the debates wearing jeans and a tee and a raggety pair of running shoes?

It is a deep lack of respect to Doctor Paul if you show him any less courtesy than what he has shown to you. That is just my opinion as an avid supporter myself.

So stop whining already - even the Founding Fathers knew it was important to dress correctly for the occassion - they didn't even have AC back in those days for pete's sake!

So take a few deep breaths and relax. If I can can find a good ironing board, I might even go get my birthday suit pressed just for the occasion! :D ;)

GayRPFan
02-13-2008, 01:00 PM

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/456/1963marchlincolnmemoriavv2.jpg

Hey, asshat. Who the fuck are you to come off questioning anyone's right to be involved in this movement? Last time I checked were not in physical combat in our GOTVs, so your shitty little statement questioning anyone's "business" in this movement and their not wanting to be bothered by the heat holds no water.

And did you ever consider the possibility that some people have a problem with heat prostration? I have this problem. The reason I was separated from the Marine Corps. Yet I will be there, but not in a suit.

Don't you ever fucking question anyone's resolve in this. It's The Message, not how fucking well-dressed we are!

Thank you TommyzDad! Sometimes Rondroids need to be put in there proper place, but I love the enthusiasm just misplaced.

yongrel
02-13-2008, 01:04 PM
This will be my suit:
http://www.people.vcu.edu/~djbromle/cityphoto04/nehap/unclesam.JPG
I want a good view.

ladyliberty
02-13-2008, 01:06 PM
[/SIZE]

You want some cheese with your whine? Oh and most excellent use of the English language, I am sure your grammer teacher is quite proud!

flames2dust77
02-13-2008, 01:13 PM
This will be my suit:
http://www.people.vcu.edu/~djbromle/cityphoto04/nehap/unclesam.JPG
I want a good view.

mine is better.

http://www.anniescostumes.com/lg83069.jpg

GayRPFan
02-13-2008, 01:25 PM
No body is asking anybody to go out and rent a tux or something - so relax! By the same token no one is asking anyone to burn their bras either!

We want to appear as respectable people in a respectable place, as a show of respect to the leader of this movement the Honorable Dr. Ron Paul.

Look at this way - Ron Paul wears suits and ties to every single event - have you noticed this? He wears this as a show of respect to US, his supporters. Even when the weather is warm and the stage lights are hot - he wears a suit and tie and a jacket. If he gets too warm he may take the jacket off and loosen his tie a bit or perhaps roll up his sleeves. How would it have been if he had shown up at the debates wearing jeans and a tee and a raggety pair of running shoes?

It is a deep lack of respect to Doctor Paul if you show him any less courtesy than what he has shown to you. That is just my opinion as an avid supporter myself.

So stop whining already - even the Founding Fathers knew it was important to dress correctly for the occassion - they didn't even have AC back in those days for pete's sake!

So take a few deep breaths and relax. If I can can find a good ironing board, I might even go get my birthday suit pressed just for the occasion! :D ;)

Your limitations and your redefining what is respect or disrespect is to me very disrespectful of the very ideas that Ron Paul represents. Who, by the way, is very pro-individual libertarian. Looks to me you're the square peg in the round hole here.

ClayTrainor
02-13-2008, 01:26 PM
mine is better.

yup, you win, lol

Dequeant
02-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Well, regardless of the individuals crying about whatever......

I'll be wearing a suit. They peg us as "crazies" and "extremists". Wearing a suit and dressing like you're going to a meeting will do alot to subdue that. MLK supporters wore suits for the same reason, plus, it was highly expected that the police would use water cannons and riot teams to push them back. It looks bad when the police are beating up on peaceful individuals in suits.

Brown Sapper
02-13-2008, 01:40 PM
Even though I want to wear a suit, I'm kind of worry it will get out of hand and maybe I should take my jungle boots and gas mask just instead.

ClayTrainor
02-13-2008, 01:57 PM
Well, regardless of the individuals crying about whatever......

I'll be wearing a suit. They peg us as "crazies" and "extremists". Wearing a suit and dressing like you're going to a meeting will do alot to subdue that. MLK supporters wore suits for the same reason, plus, it was highly expected that the police would use water cannons and riot teams to push them back. It looks bad when the police are beating up on peaceful individuals in suits.

well said, i agree with this.

I for one will be wearing a suit, i hope alot of people join me.

It is possible to get suits with very thin material for the summer.

KevinDW78
02-13-2008, 01:57 PM

Save it for Dr. Laura "asshat". Walk into a job interview for a position as corporate director with your "not in a suit" and see how many interviewers give a rats ass about your "message" of why they should hire you. This has EVERYTHING to do with impression if you intend for it to have ANY effect on anyone OUTSIDE the march.

tommyzDad
02-13-2008, 01:59 PM
You want some cheese with your whine? Oh and most excellent use of the English language, I am sure your grammer teacher is quite proud!

That the best you have? Two asshats in one thread. What are the chances? And list for me your qualifications to put those dick skinners you call hands on a keyboard and type any of that?

tommyzDad
02-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Save it for Dr. Laura "asshat". Walk into a job interview for a position as corporate director with your "not in a suit" and see how many interviewers give a rats ass about your "message" of why they should hire you. This has EVERYTHING to do with impression if you intend for it to have ANY effect on anyone OUTSIDE the march.

We are not talking about a job inteview, potatohead, but a march. For my part, I'll be well-dressed.

KevinDW78
02-13-2008, 02:04 PM
We are not talking about a job inteview, potatohead, but a march. For my part, I'll be well-dressed.

Then you are naive, sir.

liam
02-13-2008, 02:44 PM
No No! wear the F*%k Bush t-shirt with the suit! That would be cool!

ClayTrainor
02-13-2008, 03:30 PM
Lol, every major thread on these forums ends up with people fighting... it's inevitable i guess :rolleyes:

abruzz0
02-13-2008, 03:35 PM
rofl @ Dr. Laura getting involved

billjarrett
02-13-2008, 03:36 PM

I'll be with you. Hopefully I can scrape together some cash to get a lighter colored summer suit, but if not I'll be in the normal business blue or black. Starched white shirt and suitable tie of course. I might even up the ante on you and do french cuffs. :eek:

abruzz0
02-13-2008, 03:37 PM
Lol, every major thread on these forums ends up with people fighting... it's inevitable i guess :rolleyes:

lol, Univer$al healFcurr

nobody's_hero
02-13-2008, 03:42 PM
We should all wear white wigs and tricorn hats.:D

amy31416
02-13-2008, 03:58 PM
I'll be with you. Hopefully I can scrape together some cash to get a lighter colored summer suit, but if not I'll be in the normal business blue or black. Starched white shirt and suitable tie of course. I might even up the ante on you and do french cuffs. :eek:

French cuffs are hot. I don't care what anyone says ;)

ladyliberty
02-13-2008, 05:38 PM
well I am steering clear of any ratty looking foul mouthed men who think they are representing MY support for Ron Paul when I get to DC - I promise you that! I dont want to be anywhere near them when the beat downs begin!

DahuiHeeNalu
02-13-2008, 06:01 PM
Im a hippy and i will be wearing my hippy clothes fuck a suite just like fuck a uniform.... Im tired of all this you gotta be this and that looks to even show up at a GOP meeting. A guy from our group didn't dress up and got nominated.

Suites are main stream and aren't change there the New World Order's Uniform of im better then you tactics!

FreeTraveler
02-13-2008, 06:06 PM
YouTube or it didn't happen. :D

mine is better.

GayRPFan
02-13-2008, 06:18 PM
well I am steering clear of any ratty looking foul mouthed men who think they are representing MY support for Ron Paul when I get to DC - I promise you that! I dont want to be anywhere near them when the beat downs begin!

Well, if you want to join our contingent you are most welcome to come tag along. Look for the pink tri-cornered hats. That'll be us, the gay patriots.:D

ClayTrainor
02-13-2008, 10:05 PM
YouTube or it didn't happen. :D

x 2 :D

lol

Pauls' Revere
02-13-2008, 10:28 PM

Cool we would look like Jake and Elwood Blues of "The Blues Brothers!"

Pauls' Revere
02-13-2008, 10:41 PM

Great Idea! whats the offical shirt color?

Melissa
02-13-2008, 10:45 PM
Great Idea! whats the offical shirt color?

well i say just make it red white or blue

Arek
02-13-2008, 10:48 PM
I think the option of Red, White or Blue shirts would work. It would look like a giant american flag marching from an aerial shot.

Birdie
02-13-2008, 11:51 PM

Excellent idea!

VoteForRonPaul
02-13-2008, 11:59 PM

I like the idea itself of looking similar. But regarding suits, at these times I guess it was more common for people to wear suits than it is today. I mean it was part of the fashion of this period.

JohnnyWrath
02-13-2008, 11:59 PM
You'll be lucky if I even wear a shirt....it will probably be 80-90 degrees and hopefully sunny...

You guys can wear what you want. I will probably find a flag T-shirt or something.

defe07
02-14-2008, 12:12 AM
Would anyone suggest that we go marching to DC dressed up as Guy Fawkes or George Washington? :D

flames2dust77
02-14-2008, 12:16 AM
Would anyone suggest that we go marching to DC dressed up as Guy Fawkes or George Washington? :D

eeeeeeeeeeeeek! there was already a massive disagreement about the whole Guy Fawkes thing.

defe07
02-14-2008, 12:24 AM
eeeeeeeeeeeeek! there was already a massive disagreement about the whole Guy Fawkes thing.

So the possiblity of going to DC dressed up as American Revolutionaries still can happen? :D

Coola
02-14-2008, 12:24 AM
I say all men wear suits. C'mon its a worthy sacrifice.

As for women, wear your birthday suits. ;)

nodope0695
02-14-2008, 01:54 AM
I don't know about suits...remember, MLK march was in another era...men wore suits and hats, women dresses and gloves.

I think casual would be okay...especially considering Memorial Day could be HOT and HUMID in Washington D.C. Its about the message, and the number of people who support it, NOT what they choose to wear.

Signzit
02-14-2008, 02:01 AM
Bring all the water you can carry! wear it, if you have to