PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from the polls here in Prince William County

Brodown
02-12-2008, 03:33 PM
I just got back from the polls. I was out all night putting up signs all over PWC because we put up tons and they all got taken down so i wanted to wait until last night. I only saw a bunch of obama signs but still more RP signs. At the polling places I was there around 8:45 and saw a hillary and a huckabee thats when I brought out the HUGE RP SIGNS!!! I voted and tried to pass out slims jims and info and my car is a big walking sign too, but people kept to themselves looked down at the ground and just werent enthusiastic, so I went to some other polling places(5 total), saw hillary and huckabee and mccain signs but not alot put the big RP signs in front of them and again tried to pass stuff out and noone cared they all seemed like drones or just out of it, maybe the weather. Some new reporter interviewed my too, but raised her eyebrows when i kindly said that the media twists the delegates counts and tell people its over when its far from over and that RP supporters like me where very positive and I said all of this with a smile on my face. i'm sure it will not air. I didnt see any other supporters while i was out maybe they where all inside waiting in the super long lines, idk. But i did what i could i dnt think it was enough. Dr. Paul's speech tomarrow night will bring my back up though!!!!!

Kotin
02-12-2008, 03:35 PM
creepy county name LOL.

tamor
02-12-2008, 03:36 PM
Thank you so much for your time, effort and vote for freedom...

pinkmandy
02-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Good job! The McBots are freaky, aren't they?

Ronin
02-12-2008, 03:46 PM
I had pretty much the same reception. It was really cold today so maybe that had something to do with it. A lot of people looked almost pissed off. I guess you can't really blame them for not stopping to chat. Just about every one of them commented on me standing in the cold. Nothing bad, just a "that sucks" kinda thing. Anyways, I gave out a lot of slim-jims. My guess is they are in the garbage because people would come out without them.

tommyzDad
02-12-2008, 05:05 PM
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/6507/ivoted12feb2008ronpaular3.jpg

Weather was cold and rainy; voter turn-out was lite. Saw only one sign, and it was for the Huckster.

Got in, voted for the Dr., got out. Bada-bing, bada-boom!!!!

reverse
02-12-2008, 05:48 PM
Great work! PWC needed you! I live in Loudoun/FFX now but grew up in PW.

orafi
02-12-2008, 06:04 PM
I'm in PWC too, EVERYONE was like a drone... just empty shells... casting their votes...

Brodown
02-12-2008, 06:19 PM
where did you vote? i tried to get big signs at most of the voting centers