PDA

View Full Version : Clean-Up Crew sign up

thoughtbombing
02-12-2008, 03:10 PM
Given the nature of the laws and the permit regulations for the National Mall, we'll need to hire/volunteer in this effort. If you've ever been to a Phish show, normally we can get environmental groups to volunteer to do this, but would any members of the grass roots volunteer to do this if money was raised to haul the trash, etc...

we should leave ZERO ENVIRONMENTAL FOOTPRINT, as this is Ron Paul's philosophy as well, we cannot pollute our neighbors lands.

1. Signed.

darkdruid
02-12-2008, 03:11 PM
I will clean up! Everyone should. lol

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 03:12 PM
aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves? there isn't even a date set yet. how can ppl from grassroots volunteer when we have no clue as to what's going on as far as WHEN?

The Tao Of Bill
02-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Well the first step I think everyone can agree with is just don't throw your trash on the ground. Don't be that guy. But as with any large crowd it is understandable that there will be litters so let's do what we can to make sure it's clean when we are done.

The Tao Of Bill
02-12-2008, 03:14 PM
aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves? there isn't even a date set yet. how can ppl from grassroots volunteer when we have no clue as to what's going on as far as WHEN? People are just excited. Nothing wrong with that.

Agent CSL
02-12-2008, 03:14 PM
aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves? there isn't even a date set yet. how can ppl from grassroots volunteer when we have no clue as to what's going on as far as WHEN?

We know there IS going to be a march. I think it's alright if people start thinking about how they can contribute.

I'll sign up for clean-up crew for a few hours. I volunteer a lot doing clean-up jobs for the environment. :)

John of Des Moines
02-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Having experience working with the campaign with both the June 30th Des Moines Rally and the Iowa Straw Poll I know the clean-up project is best handled by locals. :p:p:p:p:rolleyes:

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 03:26 PM
I will use myself as an example: point is...if I don't know when the march is...I cannot sign up to help out. if it's a date i can't go I do not want to be one of the many dumbasses who signs up before knowing the facts and doesn't follow through. when you volunteer to help u need to fulfill your obligation. that's the point. if I'm thinking that I'm sure there are others who are thinking the same exact thing. it was just a question. geeee.