PDA

View Full Version : Newt Gingrich on Sean Hannity today : "the GOP is out of touch"

Thanehand
02-12-2008, 02:59 PM
Newt has been talking to Sean today and I found it immensely interesting (and aggravating at the same time). Sorry I don't have a recording.

But it got really interesting when Newt said that the GOP is out of touch with the American people and that McCain is failing to listen to what the people want. And, he described what the GOP really needs to be doing -- focusing on more than the presidency!

Newt was saying exactly what Ron has been saying and I found it reassuring that Ron isn't completely alone in saying/thinking these ideas.

Amusing part : Newt wouldn't tell Sean who he voted for ... (I hope he voted for Ron) :)

Aggravating part : Sean Hannity acting as if no other candidate is saying this stuff :rolleyes:

kickzman
02-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Who cares, he'd naturally say that b/c he wants to be the nominee.

familydog
02-12-2008, 03:04 PM
Newt is a very smart man. He would be an invaluble asset if were to join our case and be sincere about it.

nate895
02-12-2008, 03:07 PM
I think that the reason why Newt Gingrich decided not to run was because RP was already in the race. I know if Newt Gingrich had stepped in, I'd be over at the Gingrich forums celebrating huge victories.

I only really started to like Ron Paul after the first moneybomb when I actually went on his website.

wgadget
02-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Ain't NO WAY IN HELL Newt Gingrich would support RP. I went to a radio show with Neal Boortz, and Hannity AND Gingrich were both there....It actually seemed that all three of them were SMIRKING at the Ron Paul supporters in the audience. It was baffling.

wgadget
02-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Newt Gingrich=Neocon Supremus

rdenner
02-12-2008, 03:12 PM
DON'T FALL FOR GINGRICH'S BULLSHIT..

I fell for that crap back in 1994 as part of the "Republican Revolution". No sooner did that asshole get power than he started back stabbing us with all kinds of bullshit!

Gingrich is a snake, plain and simple.

Robert

JMann
02-12-2008, 03:12 PM
I would support Newt in 10 seconds if had got in. As much as my opinions are much more closely aligned with Dr. Paul, Newt would of run to win not push an exclusive ideology like Paul.

rg123
02-12-2008, 03:14 PM
Newt is a very smart man. He would be an invaluble asset if were to join our case and be sincere about it.

Newt is pappa Neocon. He has fought to get Ron out of congress for years. Newt is not a conservitive its just lip service

John of Des Moines
02-12-2008, 03:35 PM
Newt is CFR. Never, never, never, trust a CFR'er. And like somebody said back in '94 Newt stole the pissed off people's movement and screwed the people. Never trust a CFR'er.

Shink
02-12-2008, 03:38 PM

I fell for that crap back in 1994 as part of the "Republican Revolution". No sooner did that asshole get power than he started back stabbing us with all kinds of bullshit!

Robert

Newt Gingrich is a piece of shit. He'll say exactly what goes along with the script of the day. If things go well for us and we have a wealth of Ron Paul Republicans in place within 2 years, Newt will be saying that the 'current' GOP is 'out of touch, lacks compassion for the poor,' etc. Fuck that.

blakjak
02-12-2008, 03:47 PM
From Ron Paul's wiki:

In 1996, Paul was re-elected to Congress after a tougher battle than he had faced in the 1970s. Since the Republicans had taken over both houses of Congress in the 1994 election, Paul entered the race hopeful that his Constitutionalist goals of tax cuts, closing agencies, and curbing the UN would have more influence, but he quickly concluded "there was no sincere effort" toward his goals. The Republican National Committee focused instead on encouraging Democrats to switch parties, as Paul's primary opponent, incumbent Greg Laughlin, had done in 1995. The party threw its full weight behind Laughlin, including support from House Speaker Newt Gingrich, Governor George W. Bush, and the National Rifle Association.

Bruno
02-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Newt is CFR. Never, never, never, trust a CFR'er. And like somebody back in '94 Newt stole the pissed off people's movement and screwed the people. Never trust a CFR'er.

'Nuff said!

762x54r
02-12-2008, 03:58 PM
From Ron Paul's wiki:

In 1996, Paul was re-elected to Congress after a tougher battle than he had faced in the 1970s. Since the Republicans had taken over both houses of Congress in the 1994 election, Paul entered the race hopeful that his Constitutionalist goals of tax cuts, closing agencies, and curbing the UN would have more influence, but he quickly concluded "there was no sincere effort" toward his goals. The Republican National Committee focused instead on encouraging Democrats to switch parties, as Paul's primary opponent, incumbent Greg Laughlin, had done in 1995. The party threw its full weight behind Laughlin, including support from House Speaker Newt Gingrich, Governor George W. Bush, and the National Rifle Association.

I remember well- that is an accurate portrayal.

Newt is intelligent but he is a triangulating, conniving partyman...His loyalties are not to the people.

NRA? hell no. GOA!

familydog
02-12-2008, 03:58 PM
Newt is pappa Neocon. He has fought to get Ron out of congress for years. Newt is not a conservitive its just lip service

I understand that. But my statement still stands.

me3
02-12-2008, 04:13 PM
I cannot fathom how people can reconcile Newt Gingrich's ideology and record with Ron Paul's.

It's like saying you support Ron Paul, -or- Rudy Giuliani.

V4Vendetta
02-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Newt Is out of touch. He is a member of the CFR

wildboar
02-12-2008, 04:48 PM
He's a warmonger. Scan one of his books at the bookstore some day. You don't need to buy it.

WilliamC
02-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Newt is CFR. Never, never, never, trust a CFR'er. And like somebody back in '94 Newt stole the pissed off people's movement and screwed the people. Never trust a CFR'er.

Yep.

snaFU
02-12-2008, 04:56 PM
lol @ dumbasses who think he is awesome.

freelance
02-12-2008, 05:05 PM
Ain't NO WAY IN HELL Newt Gingrich would support RP. I went to a radio show with Neal Boortz, and Hannity AND Gingrich were both there....It actually seemed that all three of them were SMIRKING at the Ron Paul supporters in the audience. It was baffling.

Newt made a speech saying that we needed to restrict free speech at (GET THIS) a dinner in honor of the First Amendment. He's a crazy man--into authority and not at all into freedom.

The only thing that he and his ilk want to do is cut government, which translates into cutting domestic spending. He's fine about wasting money around the world on wars.

thexjib
02-12-2008, 05:10 PM

Robert

word

Zolah
02-12-2008, 05:24 PM
CFR, etc., it's sad but you can't trust anyone without researching them first

Broadlighter
02-12-2008, 05:26 PM
I agree with Newt Gingrich on some of his conservatism, but he has a lot of personal baggage.

He should just stay in his classroom and let real patriots run for office.

familydog
02-12-2008, 05:28 PM
lol @ dumbasses who think he is awesome.

Um, who says he is awsome?

N13
02-12-2008, 05:49 PM
Newt bad, fire good.

hawks4ronpaul
02-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Neocons (Gingrich, Frum) are trying to steal the "out of touch" idea and (astoundingly) sell MORE government as the solution (Iran wars, government health insurance).

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

CrownThyGood
02-12-2008, 06:24 PM
why is there a crappy little newt news ad on this forum? i thought this was a revolution. restoring the constitution, restoring gov't transparency, smashing the neo-con movement, restoring the GOP original intent, no secret behind the scenes influence. . .