PDA

View Full Version : Things to do NOW...

thoughtbombing
02-12-2008, 02:23 PM
1. Pick Dates, vote, check with campaign, confirm with email to be posted HERE IN THIS FORUM, or from Ron Paul himself in another video confirming the date. Nothing else should take place until Ron Paul, Rand Paul and Carol Paul, Jesse Benton... the entire campaign is onboard and ready to speak... we should also get Pat Buchanan, Napolitano, etc... this isn't JUST about Ron Paul, it's about a FREEDOM movement. They don't have to endorse a candidate to endorse a policy, and they are BOTH on the record.

Oh yea, and get the guy who did the Alabama straw poll speech:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZZTpYTQLz6c
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Sj17sHDWamw

But tell him to calm down some. This guy is EXACTLY who we need giving speeches at a Ron Paul rally. Who wouldn't chip in to pay for a first class ticket to get that guy to DC?

--------------------------------------

2. Fliers, Stickers, Handbills, Urban Graffiti, Street Team tactics to spread the word to a wider audience. People in/around DC need to have posters and signs EVERYWHERE IN DC, NY, PHILLY, MIAMI, ETC.... EVERY MAJOR RON PAUL CITY, EVERY SMALL CITY... Meetup's, this is important. Email and myspace won't get this done by themselves, and we need to EXPAND the movement at the same time.

2a. It will also let the street performers and corner capitalists of DC know we are coming, so they can be out there vending their coolers of water, soda, food, etc... this will save a LOT of the need of hiring vendors to come ourselves.

3. Artists, craftsmen, performers(you eat fire and swallow swords? Magic?)... give people something to do in between speeches. Make this a damn sight to behold. Anyone who has ever been to a Phish show knows what I am talking about here. Sure, there is a band playing every day for a week... but there are also other things to do... Booths with games, media area, etc...

4. Invite ALL ANNOUNCED CANDIDATES FOR PRESIDENT to have a public debate, ON THE NATIONAL MALL, IN FRONT OF HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE...

5. Let's get a list of people who would like to make 5-10 minute speeches

Larry Lee
02-12-2008, 02:26 PM
I don’t mean to throw cold water on these big time plans, but I have been thinking about this for these last several days. Taking a big picture approach and incorporating symbolism as well, I would like to suggest that we push for a huge rally first at the state capitols. It wouldn’t be as difficult for people to travel to and less expensive. It would be easier to organize since each state office could coordinate each state indivdually. And, it would be symbolic of one of Dr. Paul’s strong beliefs — that as much as possible should be accomplished at the state level in government.
I was part of a huge Washington DC rally in the past with people coming from all over the USA and the cost for each person was enormous. That could represent a lot of campaign money, AND we don’t want to emphasize Washington, DC as the central focus of ANYTHING if it can be avoided.
I suggest using the earlier date such as April or May for a gathering at state capitals. If and only if all goes well AND we think a National Rally would be worth the financial strain on everyone, then we could plan a central rally at a central location making it even more likely that more people could get there. Or we could even have three rallies nationally on three consecutive days. One East, one Central and one West. I would like to see what we are doing mirror what we are saying, and we are saying that Washington, DC is not going to be in charge of our lives anymore — starting with our national rally.
Please give this serious consideration. I know there are a lot of other factors involved including, “How much free publicity can we get?” but I think the publicity can be obtained more easily at the local level first with State Capital Rallies which can then build up to National Rallies.
Thanks for listening.

thoughtbombing
02-12-2008, 02:38 PM
I don’t mean to throw cold water on these big time plans, but I have been thinking about this for these last several days. Taking a big picture approach and incorporating symbolism as well, I would like to suggest that we push for a huge rally first at the state capitols. It wouldn’t be as difficult for people to travel to and less expensive. It would be easier to organize since each state office could coordinate each state indivdually. And, it would be symbolic of one of Dr. Paul’s strong beliefs — that as much as possible should be accomplished at the state level in government.
I was part of a huge Washington DC rally in the past with people coming from all over the USA and the cost for each person was enormous. That could represent a lot of campaign money, AND we don’t want to emphasize Washington, DC as the central focus of ANYTHING if it can be avoided.
I suggest using the earlier date such as April or May for a gathering at state capitals. If and only if all goes well AND we think a National Rally would be worth the financial strain on everyone, then we could plan a central rally at a central location making it even more likely that more people could get there. Or we could even have three rallies nationally on three consecutive days. One East, one Central and one West. I would like to see what we are doing mirror what we are saying, and we are saying that Washington, DC is not going to be in charge of our lives anymore — starting with our national rally.
Please give this serious consideration. I know there are a lot of other factors involved including, “How much free publicity can we get?” but I think the publicity can be obtained more easily at the local level first with State Capital Rallies which can then build up to National Rallies.
Thanks for listening.

That's what the meetups are for. This is not a campaign operation. Stop funding blimps and airplanes noone can see, and lets do this... we could also get the Blue Angels or some other group to fly the missing man formation for the fallen soldiers.