PDA

View Full Version : Permit and Approval Information from Metro DC Police

mrchubbs
02-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Here is the FAQ from the Metropolitan Police Dept. of DC.

This needs to get going PRONTO... 3 months out is barely enough time to even secure the proper permits it seems.

http://mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/cwp/view,a,1241,q,548278.asp

Some hi/lo-lights:

As an event planner, you are required to meet with the Special Events Task Group at least 60 days prior to your proposed event. Due to the large number of events held in Washington, DC, and the District's extensive regulations that govern event planning, you should contact the Task Force at least 120 days in advance of an event. For parades, demonstrations, and other permits controlled by the Metropolitan Police Department, you can initiate this notification by completing the appropriate forms (see below) and mailing them to the MPDC's Special Operations Division. Contact the DCEMA at (202) 727-3165.

This site seems to be the starting point for planning information with links to the necessary forms to be filled out.
http://mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/cwp/view,a,1241,Q,548264,mpdcNav_GID,1523,mpdcNav,%7C, .asp

The hard part is that permits need to be secured from multiple agencies (most likely). The ball needs to get rolling.

Hope this helps.

RonPaulVolunteer
02-12-2008, 01:22 PM
Here is the FAQ from the Metropolitan Police Dept. of DC.

This needs to get going PRONTO... 3 months out is barely enough time to even secure the proper permits it seems.

http://mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/cwp/view,a,1241,q,548278.asp

Some hi/lo-lights:

As an event planner, you are required to meet with the Special Events Task Group at least 60 days prior to your proposed event. Due to the large number of events held in Washington, DC, and the District's extensive regulations that govern event planning, you should contact the Task Force at least 120 days in advance of an event. For parades, demonstrations, and other permits controlled by the Metropolitan Police Department, you can initiate this notification by completing the appropriate forms (see below) and mailing them to the MPDC's Special Operations Division. Contact the DCEMA at (202) 727-3165.

This site seems to be the starting point for planning information with links to the necessary forms to be filled out.
http://mpdc.dc.gov/mpdc/cwp/view,a,1241,Q,548264,mpdcNav_GID,1523,mpdcNav,%7C, .asp

The hard part is that permits need to be secured from multiple agencies (most likely). The ball needs to get rolling.

Hope this helps.

Well Ron Paul is a congressman, so I expect that will mean some red tape can be cut.

WilliamC
02-12-2008, 01:27 PM
Well Ron Paul is a congressman, so I expect that will mean some red tape can be cut.

Uhhh....in his case I would expect the red tape to me multiplied.

Besides, I'm not coming to be organized by anyone, I'm coming to see all the pretty white marble ;)

Razmear
02-12-2008, 01:39 PM
Permeats? We Don't Need No Steenkin Permeats!

eb

WilliamC
02-12-2008, 01:41 PM
Permeats? We Don't Need No Steenkin Permeats!

eb

Which reminds me.

I have this habit I've gotten into over the last several years where I do not carry any form of identification with me.

Oh I keep my drivers license in my car, along with my car insurance and health insurance card.

But on my person I typically have keys and cash and nothing else.

Is this likely to be a problem in DC?

Are the authorities in the habit of asking people for their papers, and arresting anyone who doesn't have them?

Just curious.

TuningIn
02-12-2008, 01:42 PM
Uhhh....in his case I would expect the red tape to me multiplied.

Besides, I'm not coming to be organized by anyone, I'm coming to see all the pretty white marble ;)

Gaze worshipfully at the Lincoln Memorial.

WilliamC
02-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Gaze worshipfully at the Lincoln Memorial.

The HE!! with Lincoln, I'll be at the Jefferson Memorial!

clintontj72
02-12-2008, 02:16 PM
The HE!! with Lincoln, I'll be at the Jefferson Memorial!

Exactly...screw Lincoln! Jefferson Memorial all the way!!!