PDA

View Full Version : In regards to musical acts....

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 01:14 PM
First, I want to say...I know there was a thread about this earlier. BUT, I'm making my own because I have a specific question.

I know at least 3 indie bands/solo musicians who are RP supporters and would love to play at this event. I also know the founder and member of an 80s band (which I'm sure everyone would remember) who would love to play in DC. He is a staunch RP supporter and a political activist when he's not working on his music. I'm not giving the names...because we don't even have a date set yet. Hint: Freebird remake. lol. Anyways...this is my question: Everyone is talking about musical acts...who is in charge of the music? Is there a person to contact? Do we need to form some sort of commitee...what? I don't know how any of this works....I have a feeling I'm about to learn, though. lol. These wonderful musicians love and support RPs message and would be willing to go up to DC any day for the march. If anyone has any information...let me know. This is one way I know I can help for sure=) Contact info. would be great. Thanks!:)

RonPaulVolunteer
02-12-2008, 01:20 PM
Yes there is a thread here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=118727

I have taken the charge, but anyone is welcome to join me in this. I need help. I especially need an admin person. And if anyone thinks they are in a better position to take charge, by all means let me know. I don't have an ego that needs stroking....

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 01:26 PM
Yes there is a thread here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=118727

I have taken the charge, but anyone is welcome to join me in this. I need help. I especially need an admin person. And if anyone thinks they are in a better position to take charge, by all means let me know. I don't have an ego that needs stroking....

great!

HOLLYWOOD
02-12-2008, 01:49 PM
PAUL REVERE and the RAIDERS~! lol

and of COURSE:

The DIXIE CHICS!

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 02:47 PM
PAUL REVERE and the RAIDERS~! lol

and of COURSE:

The DIXIE CHICS!

do the dixie chicks support ron paul?

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
02-12-2008, 02:55 PM
I have said this a couple of times but I will say it again.

I do not know who Dee Snider or the rest of the members of Twisted Sister support but Dee Snider was a leader of the charge for free speech and appeared before Congress to fight for artistic expression in the 80's. They have recently played some shows together and the original band members are on good terms. I think it would be possible to get them together to play "we're not gonna take it" (their biggest hit) to the crowd. That song should get us going! For those who are unfamiliar with Twisted Sister or thats ong, the lyrics are blow:

Oh We're Not Gonna Take It
no, We Ain't Gonna Take It
oh We're Not Gonna Take It Anymore

we've Got The Right To Choose And
there Ain't No Way We'll Lose It
this Is Our Life, This Is Our Song
we'll Fight The Powers That Be Just
don't Pick Our Destiny 'cause
you Don't Know Us, You Don't Belong

oh We're Not Gonna Take It

oh You're So Condescending
your Gall Is Never Ending
we Don't Want Nothin', Not A Thing From You
your Life Is Trite And Jaded
boring And Confiscated
if That's Your Best, Your Best Won't Do

oh.....................
oh.....................
we're Right/yeah
we're Free/yeah
we'll Fight/yeah
you'll See/yeah

no Way!

oh.....................
oh.....................
we're Right/yeah
we're Free/yeah
we'll Fight/yeah
you'll See/yeah

we're Not Gonna Take It
we're Not Gonna Take It Anymore

we're Not Gonna Take It, No!

just You Try And Make Us
we're Not Gonna Take It
come On
you're All Worthless And Weak
now Drop And Give Me Twenty
we're Not Gonna Take It
oh Crinch Pin
oh You And Your Uniform

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 03:15 PM
I have said this a couple of times but I will say it again.

I do not know who Dee Snider or the rest of the members of Twisted Sister support but Dee Snider was a leader of the charge for free speech and appeared before Congress to fight for artistic expression in the 80's. They have recently played some shows together and the original band members are on good terms. I think it would be possible to get them together to play "we're not gonna take it" (their biggest hit) to the crowd. That song should get us going! For those who are unfamiliar with Twisted Sister or thats ong, the lyrics are blow:

Oh We're Not Gonna Take It

we've Got The Right To Choose And
there Ain't No Way We'll Lose It
this Is Our Life, This Is Our Song
we'll Fight The Powers That Be Just
don't Pick Our Destiny 'cause
you Don't Know Us, You Don't Belong

oh You're So Condescending
your Gall Is Never Ending
we Don't Want Nothin', Not A Thing From You
your Life Is Trite And Jaded
boring And Confiscated
if That's Your Best, Your Best Won't Do

oh.....................
oh.....................
we're Right/yeah
we're Free/yeah
we'll Fight/yeah
you'll See/yeah

no Way!

oh.....................
oh.....................
we're Right/yeah
we're Free/yeah
we'll Fight/yeah
you'll See/yeah

we're Not Gonna Take It

we're Not Gonna Take It, No!

just You Try And Make Us
we're Not Gonna Take It
come On
you're All Worthless And Weak
now Drop And Give Me Twenty
we're Not Gonna Take It
oh Crinch Pin
oh You And Your Uniform

Do you know how to get in touch with Dee or his management? I agree...nice anthem. Twisted sister used to scare me when I was little. lol Dee Snyder seems like a great guy though. Maybe this is a possibility.

btw...his movie Strangland is one of my faves.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
02-12-2008, 03:19 PM
I saw Dee Snider in concert here in MD some years back. His hair was still dyed red because he was touring at the same time he was filming strangeland. I do know how to get in touch with his management and would be glad to call and find out but I will wait to do so until an official date has been decided upon. I have dealt with booking musical acts before and their management gets peeved when you call without having vital info first.

Publius Freeman
02-12-2008, 03:22 PM
As interpreted by Shooter Jennings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc7MraaUb8M

Publius Freeman
02-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Garth Brooks would be nice too...We Shall Be Free!

flames2dust77
02-12-2008, 04:15 PM
I saw Dee Snider in concert here in MD some years back. His hair was still dyed red because he was touring at the same time he was filming strangeland. I do know how to get in touch with his management and would be glad to call and find out but I will wait to do so until an official date has been decided upon. I have dealt with booking musical acts before and their management gets peeved when you call without having vital info first.

yay! this would be most awesome. hope HQ announces a date soon so you can get on that asap.

INeedATherapist
02-12-2008, 04:18 PM
Eve 6 is a great band that was around about 3 years ago. They faced the same problem RP faces with the media not wanting to have him on the air, and thus lost their record deal because they couldn't get their music out to the masses. I think they'd be very much in favor of helping us out, but I have no idea how to contact them!

thoughtbombing
02-12-2008, 04:19 PM

I am planning on having a second stage specifically for music, and hiring sound for this stage, getting generators... the Mall is huge, for anyone who hasn't been there.