PDA

View Full Version : Jeremiah Ellison for Senate in Nebraska

enjerth
02-12-2008, 11:59 AM
The incumbent Republican Senator Chuck Hagel is retiring. I'm exploring the idea of running. There is currently no Republican candidate listed on the Secretary of State website.

Looking for guidance.

enjerth
02-12-2008, 12:47 PM
The Secretary of State website, although the information was dated Feb 11, is not complete. The FEC website shows 4 Republican candidates running for Senate, one of which has $1,055,627 cash on hand.

Still considering running, but I need a bit of help.

enjerth
02-12-2008, 01:16 PM
Ok, the guy with over a million cash on hand is our former governor. It would be quite a difficult task competing with him.

I don't mind a fight if people are behind me, though. :D

cvaldiv1
02-12-2008, 01:32 PM
Which former governor?

cvaldiv1
02-12-2008, 01:41 PM
I see it now... Johanns. Also Daub will be tough to beat, but you've already got a good head start on my vote.

cvaldiv1
02-12-2008, 01:46 PM
You'd have better luck running for the house. Lee Terry almost lost his seat last election to an unknown if you're in Omaha. Also Adrian Smith isn't that popular if you live out west.

life_boy
02-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Build a political history and run for state legislature.

enjerth
02-12-2008, 01:50 PM
You'd have better luck running for the house. Lee Terry almost lost his seat last election to an unknown if you're in Omaha. Also Adrian Smith isn't that popular if you live out west.

I was thinking of running for that seat. I got a call from Congressman Smith (recorded) where he wanted to invite me to some kind of event where he would discuss his recent trip to Antarctica to study global warming. Pissed me off to find out he was a global-warming conspirator.

Rhys
02-12-2008, 08:10 PM
i would do it. i'm almost certain i'll go for house. i'll be up against a powerful incumbent but my hope is to at the least, do what RP's doing... make them acknowledge the constitution. the more we do it, the better. Plus, now's the time while we have meetups and whatnot. we MUST keep them with something to do. We've been through our lumps, and I guarantee we have the organization to make a showing of it at this point.

life_boy
02-12-2008, 09:34 PM
Utilizing the meetups to help with Congressional campaigns is essential.

I also suggest every one become well-educated about the legislators that are in your local and state governments. Who knows? There may already be honest men and women in government positions who are working toward similar ends and with similar principles as Ron Paul. If there are people like that, write them a letter to encourage them in their fight. It can't be easy, and as we've seen with Paul, many will walk the road alone.

Additionally, if there seem to be good candidates who meet our criteria, write them to ask if they would consider running for a US House seat in their congressional district this year (if there is an immediate need, or if the current election looks competitive) or in 2010 (to give them time to build a campaign and funding). They already have some political roots in the area and name recognition. We don't have to jump into the brunt of the fight yet if there are strong possibilities available to us already. But the only way one can be sure is to do one's research! Republican Liberty Caucus (http://www.rlc.org/) is a great place to start. Reading your state's Constitution is also important.