PDA

View Full Version : Midwesterners Going

cybloo
02-12-2008, 11:55 AM
I'm from Iowa and would like to know who would be interested in possibly renting a charter bus or setting up a car pool. I know that there are a lot of supporters here and living in a college town (Cedar Falls), I'm pretty sure there would be more willing to go if there was a cheap, efficient way.

A few years back, the PIRG chapter at UNI set up charter buses to take people from Iowa to DC for a march. I could check prices and call the people in charge of the chapter to see what they would recommend.

Any other ideas? Someone know someone who owns a school bus? ;)

CatherineBleish
02-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Kansas City would probably help with this - we came up to Iowa in December.....

The Tao Of Bill
02-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Michigan is kinda a mid west state. That's where I am. But Michigan isn't really in the way of anyone. Because of the great lakes it makes it kinda hard to be in the way of any route to DC unless you live in Wisconsin or Minnesota

John of Des Moines
02-12-2008, 12:03 PM
Join your local meetup group. I'm pretty sure their planning something for transportation.

cybloo
02-12-2008, 12:06 PM
Sweet - has anyone ever used AMTRAK before?

cybloo
02-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Join your local meetup group. I'm pretty sure their planning something for transportation.

As far as I know, (last time I checked) the meet-up group around here hasn't exactly met up since the Iowa Caucus.