PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else totally depressed over how much MSM coverage huckster is getting now??

wfd40
02-12-2008, 11:39 AM
I mean, they're literally covering all of his stump speeches... just like they do clinton and obama..

Imagine if HQ had actually run a half-decent campaign and Dr. Paul had managed to win a couple states and so received some all-important "momentum"?? Millions of Americans would now be hearing his stump speech on Freedom, Peace and true free markets.. over and over again!

Did we succeed?? Perhaps... on one level sure. But we definitely failed in some respects. Even without the GOP nomination, having Paul's stump speeches played over and over on all the cable outlets would have been a tremendous triumph imo.

jrich4rpaul
02-12-2008, 11:40 AM
More coverage of Huck is less delegates for McCain...

N13
02-12-2008, 11:41 AM
More coverage of Huck is less delegates for McCain...

+1776

McCain is the most pressing problem now.

Todd
02-12-2008, 11:42 AM
They're learning too late that they don't really want McCain.

wfd40
02-12-2008, 11:43 AM
+1776

McCain is the most pressing problem now.

No, McCain was the most pressing problem 2 months ago, when I said he was (feel free to check my past posts)...

;)

nodope0695
02-12-2008, 11:43 AM
Phuk Huck.:mad:

N13
02-12-2008, 11:45 AM
No, McCain was the most pressing problem 2 months ago, when I said he was (feel free to check my past posts)...

;)

I don't have a rear view mirror.

What can be done today, moving forward into the future...

wfd40
02-12-2008, 11:46 AM
They're learning too late that they don't really want McCain.

You don't understand. We coulda had class. We coulda been a contender. We coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what we are, let's face it. It was you, Charley....

:o

michaelwise
02-12-2008, 11:48 AM
They bombarded us with McCain coverage getting him as far as he got. Now they are bombarding us with F@ckabee coverage to get his vote count higher going forward. The MSM is playing American Republicans like pupets. The MSM is anti- American.

N13
02-12-2008, 11:49 AM
You don't understand. We coulda had class. eW coulda been a contender. We coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what we are, let's face it. It was you, Charley....

:o

You got an anchor holding you down.

Break those chains and free yourself.

Eponym_mi
02-12-2008, 11:51 AM
Yes, but a big win somewhere would bring the same publicity for RP.

Thanehand
02-12-2008, 11:52 AM
No, I'm glad for the switch to Huckabee. It helps keep McCain from being the nominee, increases the liklihood for a brokered convention, and may entice Mitt to "unsuspend" and further fragment things... All, which is mostly good for us.

gray
02-12-2008, 11:54 AM
I mean, they're literally covering all of his stump speeches... just like they do clinton and obama..

Imagine if HQ had actually run a half-decent campaign and Dr. Paul had managed to win a couple states and so received some all-important "momentum"?? Millions of Americans would now be hearing his stump speech on Freedom, Peace and true free markets.. over and over again!

Did we succeed?? Perhaps... on one level sure. But we definitely failed in some respects. Even without the GOP nomination, having Paul's stump speeches played over and over on all the cable outlets would have been a tremendous triumph imo.

Hells yeah...didn't some RP campaign advisors switch over to Huck's campaign a while ago? It's soo weird...six months ago Huck was a crazy preacher running for president...now he's got a message almost (well close anyway) identical to RP and copying RP's idea of staying in it all the way to the convention.

I think the Fair Tax is probably better than what we have now, but in the middle of a war switching to that? I think that'd be a nightmare.

NinjaPirate
02-12-2008, 11:57 AM
You got an anchor holding you down.

Break those chains and free yourself.

You obviously missed the point of his post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prXXOxCPNek @ 1:10

IllMortalD
02-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Before this election even began I had a feeling (whatever that counts for) that the republicans were going to be set up to destroy each other to help an establishment Democrat to maintain the course we're on with superficial "changes". The country was and is sick of republicans for the most part which could explain a lot of potential Ron Paul votes going to Obama in my opinion. I respect Ron Paul's decision to stay in the republican race but most of us had a feeling it would have to come to a 3rd party run anyways. McCain is still the chosen one right now I think they are giving all this attention to Huck just to weaken McCain and thus making a democrat win even more inevitable. Anyways just my thoughts.

killatop
02-12-2008, 11:58 AM
nope...totally used to it by now

dawnbt
02-12-2008, 11:59 AM
no. I'm numb to it now.

mysticgeek
02-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Doesn't bother me ... the MSM has never been involved with our Revolution. We don't need them. Although they will get on hell of a story when we MARCH!!!!!!!!!!

LEK
02-12-2008, 12:01 PM
Read this: http://www.newswithviews.com/Stang/alan32.htm

Excerpt:
"So it is important that Trader Huck stay in the race. Yes, we know he is there to scarf up whatever trash he can to install in his trailer; whatever, we need him to stay in the race. "

Slow and steady wins the race...
Strategy - like a good chess match...

Energy
02-12-2008, 12:02 PM
It shouldn't matter winning a state or not even though we beat everyone at some point. Zero excuses to not cover 3 GOP, just 3!!! Rudy had more coverage when he was dead last. We are being played, it's a farce plain and simple.

/choir preaching off. :)

N13
02-12-2008, 12:10 PM
You obviously missed the point of his post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prXXOxCPNek @ 1:10

No, I recognized that reference and my response was appropriate. This movement needs to stay positive, focused on the things that we can change. The past is gone.

TNforPaul45
02-12-2008, 12:11 PM
The media is covering huckabee now only because they are in an "Aww, that's cute, look he's trying!" mode, because they know even he has lost, and McCain is destined.

It's all part of the larger plan. They also know that Democratic turnout has been 10x to 1 compared to republicans in these primaries. Who ever the dems nominate is going to be President, the GOP has no chance whatsoever of winning this presidential election.

Just like a boxer, the "powers that be" keep shuffling their feet, keeping us distracted and confused. All they have to do is fool enough of us for just long enough. then it's over.

...and it pretty much is.

affa
02-12-2008, 12:26 PM
the media will never give fair coverage to the only truly anti-war candidate fairly.

the media will never give fair coverage to the only candidate to expose the petro-dollar.

the media will never give fair coverage to the only candidate to expose the lies of our two party system.

the media will never give fair coverage to the only candidate to expose the hypocrisy of the War on Drugs.

the media will never give fair coverage to the only candidate to expose the lies of the War on Terror.

We are being silenced for the same reason Kucinich and Gravel were. Watch those early debates where both Kucinich and Gravel destroy both Obama and Clinton. They were silenced quickly. Can't have them calling out Obama and Clinton on their lies, can they?

The ONLY reason Ron Paul has any voice at all is us. We force the media to cover us, at least some of the time. If they could force us into obscurity, they would.

Understand, though, that the mainstream media will NEVER be our friend. They are owned by the military industrial complex (research GE and NBC, for example). They make too much money off of war. They are embedded and in bed with with the Pentegon.

Hook
02-12-2008, 12:35 PM
Probably giving the Huckster coverage because Huck has a campaign manager that actually notifies the press when he does speeches and does everything possible to make it easy to cover him. You know, like making up press releases and writing pre-fab stories so that AP can just cut and paste without having to work.

Snyder, are you listening???

:)

pacelli
02-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Probably giving the Huckster coverage because Huck has a campaign manager that actually notifies the press when he does speeches and does everything possible to make it easy to cover him. You know, like making up press releases and writing pre-fab stories so that AP can just cut and paste without having to work.

Yup for months we've been giving the campaign feedback on their inability to advertise properly for media coverage. There was a post up a couple months ago demonstrating that the campaign wasn't even putting their press conferences on the AP daily list (which goes out to all media so that coverage can be provided). Good example is the independence hall rally.

I've yet to see Kent Snyder on any MSM interviews, but I've seen plenty of Rollins.

I do see a benefit to the media pimping Huck - especially since the Washington GOP screwed over the republican vote situation. Like it or not, he is getting good airtime challenging the fraudulent voting procedures which we've been aware of since Iowa.

I just wish the RP campaign would have made the same level of announcements on their challenge of the Louisiana shenanigans.

DealzOnWheelz
02-12-2008, 01:03 PM
Nothing The Campaign Or The Grassroots Did Or Didn't Do Caused The Media Blackout

The Establishment Caused The Media Blackout Therefore Nothing Short Of A Miracle Could Have Changed What Happened Don't Blame Us Or Yourself

virginiakid
02-12-2008, 01:12 PM

I noticed that Yesterday when he came through my area. I told the fellow RP supporter that the Huckster complained about getting blacked out by the media that it would appear that he was just blowing smoke.

nate895
02-12-2008, 01:14 PM
I have learned to not let anything bring this ship down.

boondoggle
02-12-2008, 01:16 PM
The MSM constantly covers Paris Hilton, too. Eh, and on top of that, Huck and Hilton are both whores in one way or another.

crazyfingers
02-12-2008, 01:20 PM
Even if Ron had managed to pull off a clear win in a state or two, it wouldn't have made any difference. They don't want the message to get out, simple as that. The only thing they might ever carry is a (hypothetical) concession speech, and I doubt they'd even do that.

Bruno
02-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Eliminate McCain
Eliminate Huckabee..

Who's left standing?

wfd40
02-12-2008, 03:49 PM

thank you for pointing out what my post was really all about :)

I was trying t say, that if shit (re: 30million-plus and an army of hard-working-grass-roots) hadn't been totally and inexorably mis-managed and mis-handled to the point of being almost CRIMINALLY NEGLIGIBLE ...

it would be us, and not dumb-fuck-huck on CNN along side McCain, spreading the gospel of Paul..

Don't any of you people see this?? Jesus