PDA

View Full Version : I Just Voted for RON PAUL!!! PICTURES INCLUDED

nodope0695
02-12-2008, 11:17 AM
Hello all. I'm reporting from Calvert County, Maryland. I voted at precinct 01-001, Solomons, where I am the Precinct Leader for Ron Paul.

I cast my vote for Ron Paul, and the RP Delegates here in Maryland, and it was wonderful! Afterward, I put up signs at every entrance to the parking lot, and handed out literature for four hous in the cold to voters entering the poll. I was well recieved, and even got told by a few that they liked Dr. Paul, and one lady told me she admired him. Good stuff.

The last time I voted was in 2004 where I voted for George Bush. I was voting at that time for who I believed was the "lesser of two evils." However, when I left the poll that warm day in Jacksonvile, FL, having just cast my vote for Bush, a feeling of ickyness came over me. I felt dirty, and wanted to take a shower. The feeling that I'd sold out and gone against my better judgement made me feel guilty and ashamed. You see, I only voted for Bush because I'm a republican, and I felt I had an obligation to tow the party line. How wrong I was. We all know the legacy Bush is going to leave us, and I'll not harp on that here.

But today, I had a completely different feeling coming out of that poll. Even though I voted on an evil Diebold machine, I felt my vote would be counted, and that perhaps history would be made today in Maryland. Even though outside it was 31 degrees, when I left that poll I felt warm, secure and satisfied with what our grassroots, and I had done. All the work we've put into this campaign is going to pay off. We are the beginning of a new revolution, and I am honored to be a part of it.

To all of you who have already cast you vote for Ron Paul, and to those who have yet to cast your ballots, please know that a vote for Ron Paul is not a wasted vote. The good feeling I left with and the assurance I felt having voted my true conscience was more than enough payment for the work I have done. And so it will be with you. Go with confidence that our Man is the right one, and may God bless the United States.

It was strange that all the candidates who have dropped out are still on the ballot. Even Alan Keyes was there! One would assume being a computer, they might have been able to update the ballot. Here are some pics of my vote on the Diebold machine:

http://photos2.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/7/7/5/c/highres_3210556.jpeg
http://photos2.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/7/7/5/d/highres_3210557.jpeg
http://photos2.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/7/7/5/e/highres_3210558.jpeg

P.S. No other presidential candidates were represented at my polling station. Only Ron Paul signs and literature!!

Patrick Henry
02-12-2008, 11:25 AM
nice.

Nyte
02-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Sweet!

jumpyg1258
02-12-2008, 11:27 AM
Woot! MD FOR THE WIN! =)

IPSecure
02-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Awesome!

skiingff
02-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Also good luck to Collins, I hope he gets the Congressional nomination!

nodope0695
02-12-2008, 11:38 AM
Also good luck to Collins, I hope he gets the Congressional nomination!

Yes, me too. I've met him presonally twice. He's a nice guy, and a true Ron Paul Republican.:)

nodope0695
02-12-2008, 11:55 AM
Bump above the fold....sorry had to do it before I log off...

Go Ron Paul!!!!

mysticgeek
02-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Good work!

Molly1
02-12-2008, 12:15 PM
Great! At least he's on the ballot lol.

Isn't it wonderful to vote for him?

Everyone, stand at polls with Ron Paul signs, you won't regret it.

It's great waving to the Ron Paul supporters as they come to vote.

Good Luck, Maryland!

nate895
02-12-2008, 12:22 PM
Wait, why does it say Freddy "comatose" Thompson is from Virginia?

jumpyg1258
02-12-2008, 12:27 PM

WOW good catch! I didnt notice that this morning. Though I wasnt paying attention to those douches, only the man.

nc4rp
02-12-2008, 12:49 PM
whoot!

sharedvoice
02-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Aweomse those screens look just like mine! :D
Virginia and Maryland for Ron Paul!

BreakYourChains
02-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Bump for freedom!

nodope0695
02-12-2008, 04:33 PM

Good catch...I wonder, if they make such a stupid mistakes, what other "mistakes" have they made on those machines?:confused::eek:

bighairycaveman
02-12-2008, 04:38 PM

Yeah I just saw that... and was about to comment on that! Good eye.

thoughtbombing
02-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Thank you for Casting your vote for... JOHN MCCAIN

Oh wait, Diebold, damnit you bastards! ;)

newbitech
02-12-2008, 04:43 PM
wow they wouldn't allow me to bring my cellphone in to my precinct in FL cause quote, "I might take pictures and that is not allowed."

nodope0695
02-12-2008, 04:57 PM
wow they wouldn't allow me to bring my cellphone in to my precinct in FL cause quote, "I might take pictures and that is not allowed."

I kept mine in my pocket, and turned down the ringer. The poll officials were busy helping other people, all over 70 years old, and didn't seem to pay me any mind. I just pulled the phone out, snapped the pics, and completed my ballot. I don't know if it was allowed or not, but it was my ballot, and I took the pics mainly so I'd have a record of who I voted for should any shennanigans take place.

hawks4ronpaul
02-12-2008, 05:06 PM

Maybe they will allocate all the Ron Paul votes to a county clerk election.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/