PDA

View Full Version : I NeoCons were smart

Kingfisher
02-12-2008, 11:07 AM
If Neocons Were Smart . . . . .
Posted by Thomas DiLorenzo at February 12, 2008 07:04 AM

. . . . They'd be Ron Paulians.

But, alas, they are not. They are all sychophantic, bootlicking toadies for the Republican Party. Never was this fact made so clear than by the hilarious cover of the current Newsweek announcing that Limbaugh, Hannity, Coulter, and various other neocons are very, very unhappy with McCain. Poor babies.

The Newsweek cover screams the question: What the hell are they complaining about?! These neocons have slavishly supported virtually everything Bush I and II have done. They have defended torture, suspension of habeas corpus, warrantless wiretapping, intimidation of congressional critics of the war, total war on civil liberties, concentration camps for Muslim-Americans, the bombing of Iran (for starters),and above all, Dub-Yuh's never-ending War on Terra, which he once promised would last forever.

This is also John McCain's agenda. His entire campaign is one big promise of MORE OF THE SAME THINGS that Limbaugh, Hannity, and Coulter have been defending for years. Their hero, Dub-Yuh, strongly defended McCain just yesterday. Give me a break!

Cleaner44
02-12-2008, 11:09 AM
There in lies the rub... Neocons aren't smart.

familydog
02-12-2008, 11:12 AM
There in lies the rub... Neocons aren't smart.

You have to give them credit though. They are able to capitalize on an American populace that doesn't care and is not paying attention.

apropos
02-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Don't mistake the foot soldiers and hangers-on of a movement for the intellectual leaders.

Kingfisher
02-12-2008, 11:20 AM
Don't mistake the foot soldiers and hangers-on of a movement for the intellectual leaders.

Right!

acptulsa
02-12-2008, 11:22 AM

Know how you can tell? The former are driving the Mercedes and the latter are in the back eating the caviar and drinking the Dom Perignon.