PDA

View Full Version : If MCain loses VA heres what happens...

xcharliex
02-12-2008, 11:06 AM
Actually here's what I hope happens.

McCain flops with zero delegtes from VA (and hopefully as a bonus D.C. as well) and RP wins Washington State and MH or RP wins Texas and whatever else needed to bury McCain as the annointed one. X% of the GOP can't stand McCain, X% can't stand Huckabee and Romney, who another x% can;t stand, comes back into the picture (people keep forgetting he has only suspended the campaign). Meanwhile polls show Obama pasting all three of them, but meanwhile RP over the next 3 months, finally getting some coverage and with a message as refreshing as Obama's but with way more substance, starts to be looked at and id on the up. IF, as it might happen, he is polling better in a RP-BO match up then the other candidates, then who knows? Republicans are united in only one thing, they don't want democrats to win and while Obama brags about taking Republicans, Paul can steal Democrats just as easily.

Sure this is a longshot but if McCain loses VA today, its not as long as the odds of 400-1 I will be putting some bucks on as soon as I hear this result on our dear Ron just to be the Republican candidate (see below), let alone the 600-1 to be the next president. After all I deserve a win after my 50-1 bet on the Washington Caucus was only lost because RP supporters were told by campaign (for good reason, so I am not criticizing) to mark undecided rather than RP.

http://www.oddschecker.com/specials/...ican-candidate

I thought I might cop a bit of flak for saying I am an Aussie in an earlier post, especially being such an opinionated one in an election i can't vote in, but I wanted to be upfront and also counter the I'm a Huckabee plant idea. I mean only the RP revolution is capable of reaching accross such an expanse of water.

But as an Aussie maybe I am not getting the right read on this convention stuff, and none of the above is possible, as is usggested here...

Having the backing of the popular vote means a lot more to this movement than some extremely far fetched idea that mcCain, and huckabee delegates are going to switch to RP on the second ballot at the convention. They are not going to switch to the man that only got 5% of the vote. It would be a fight between Romney, McCain and Huckabee.

If so does anybody else see any way else that Ron can actually win this the Republican nomination?