PDA

View Full Version : Obey The Constitution March

davidkachel
02-12-2008, 10:41 AM
I suggest we call this the "Obey the Constitution" March.
It is totally unambiguous and does not allow the ruling class or the media to draw the conclusion that the march is "only" about Ron Paul's candidacy.

I also suggest that we:

1. STRONGLY encourage people to go to Washington if at all possible
2. Ask those who cannot under any circumstances go to Washington to march on their local federal building on the same day.

3. RP hinted at April 15th in his speech. I think that is the perfect day and would allow those who don't want to carry "Obey the Constitution" signs to carry "Stop Bleeding US" signs.

This is our chance to let them know in no uncertain terms that we MEAN the term "revolution" and they had better pay attention. I'm going if I have to go on my knees!

Mahkato
02-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Nice name.

davidkachel
02-12-2008, 10:46 AM
Bump

FreeTraveler
02-12-2008, 10:49 AM
I prefer "Restore the Constitution."

I think the fact that it once was obeyed is important to signify. People otherwise might find it a "kooky" idea, having no idea that at one point, it actually was the law of the land. :)

davidkachel
02-12-2008, 10:53 AM
I prefer "Restore the Constitution."

I think the fact that it once was obeyed is important to signify. People otherwise might find it a "kooky" idea, having no idea that at one point, it actually was the law of the land. :)

"Restore the Constitution" carries no implied threat. We need to make it known that this IS a revolution. "OBEY the Constitution" gets that threat across.

cmc
02-12-2008, 10:55 AM
When I first read it I thought Obey the "Constitution March" instead of "Obey the Constitution" March.

People could take it the wrong way.

davidkachel
02-12-2008, 11:00 AM
When I first read it I thought Obey the "Constitution March" instead of "Obey the Constitution" March.

People could take it the wrong way.

Fortunately, the word "march" needn't be on the placards, so there is no room for confusion as long as while promoting it we write it as: "Obey the Constitution" march.

Personally I prefer "Obey the Constitution You Treasonous Sons of Bitches" but that might not fit on one placard.

CareerTech1
02-12-2008, 11:01 AM
Legalize the Constitution

davidkachel
02-12-2008, 11:04 AM
Legalize the Constitution

1. Only Ron Paul supporters will know what the hell you're talking about
2. I can't think of anything more watered down than that. You're asking the usurpers of the Constitution to please give it back, pretty please!

We will only get ONE shot at this. We need to be as crystal clear and THREATENING as humanly possible.

RWBlue-Travis
02-12-2008, 11:14 AM
Know the constitution
Restore the constitution
Obey the constitution
Liberate the constituion
Love the constitution
Ron Paul for the constitution

Put anything so long constitution is part of it.

davidkachel
02-12-2008, 11:17 AM
Know the constitution
Restore the constitution
Obey the constitution
Liberate the constituion
Love the constitution
Ron Paul for the constitution

Put anything so long constitution is part of it.

I'm sure we'll come up with lots of things, but we should not do anything that is even slightly ambiguous (like "Know the Constitution", which is WAY too touchy feely) and we should absolutely be threatening; that is to say, let Congress know we intend to cost them their jobs.

michaelwise
02-12-2008, 12:10 PM
May I suggest this one;
March for the Return of the Constitution (Return the US to Constitutional Law)

thegr8drronpaul
02-12-2008, 12:12 PM
Not to spam this everywhere or anything (sorry for the duplicate info), but I registered constitutionmarch.com last night and whoever wants to do something with it is welcome. I just wanted to jump on it to have it reserved for us.