PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul raises $75,000 in one day!

SwordOfShannarah
08-11-2007, 03:07 AM
Story here (http://rpmuv.wordpress.com/2007/08/11/ron-paul-raises-75000-in-one-day/)

DIGG here (http://digg.com/politics/Ron_Paul_Campaign_raises_75_000_in_one_day)

JosephTheLibertarian
08-11-2007, 03:12 AM
wow... let's do the numbers lol he relies on small donations, right? wow, wow, WOW

a_european
08-11-2007, 03:14 AM
It seems the Middle Class wasn't enough grinded between taxation and inflation. They can even donate for their candidate!

Cunningham
08-11-2007, 03:17 AM
http://helium.lunarpages.com/~funky4/pictures/batman.JPG

austin356
08-11-2007, 03:54 AM
It seems the Middle Class wasn't enough grinded between taxation and inflation. They can even donate for their candidate!

A'men!!

That does not count the $100,000 worth of expenditures (guessing) supporters made today!!!

I have spent 4x the amount I have donated online; Hopefully that is the case with others.

markpa
08-11-2007, 04:10 AM
Wow! I'm stunned.

This is truly a movement for freedom and liberty now...nothing can stop it.:D

Tn...Andy
08-11-2007, 06:18 AM
A'men!!

That does not count the $100,000 worth of expenditures (guessing) supporters made today!!!

I have spent 4x the amount I have donated online; Hopefully that is the case with others.

Same here.....I've sent 100 FRNs directly, and spent 4 times that on yard signs, sign making materials, etc. We're having a local sign making party here tommorrow afternoon.

theantirobot
08-11-2007, 06:23 AM
I wonder how much more then an average day that is.

FluffyUnbound
08-11-2007, 06:29 AM
I am pleased not just by the great one-day performance, but because I had previously feared that the campaign's fundraising might be hard-pressed to match what it did last quarter.

So many of the most enthusiastic people have already given what they could afford or maxed out at the contribution limit.

Getting 75k in one day makes me assume he's at least equalling his average fundraising from last quarter.

brumans
08-11-2007, 07:27 AM
Lets make his birthday even bigger

USAFCapt
08-11-2007, 07:49 AM
Yep, same here. I've spent 300 on yard signs, placing them around the Florida Panhandle. Most of them were taken down within days although a few have been up for 2 months now.

JosephTheLibertarian
08-11-2007, 07:52 AM
Take down other candidate's signs wherever possible. If that's not possible, put RP stuff in front! I saw a small Guliani sign in someone's yard... let's just say it's not there anymore lol

mport1
08-11-2007, 07:58 AM
And all that money on what seemed like a fairly typical day, except for the message asking for donations. That is really incredible.

Jon S
08-11-2007, 08:01 AM
Take down other candidate's signs wherever possible. If that's not possible, put RP stuff in front! I saw a small Guliani sign in someone's yard... let's just say it's not there anymore lol

i duno i mean despite how much of a criminal giuliani is people still have the right to support the candidate of their choice. we shouldn't take the signs out of peoples yards or put our signs in other peoples yards i don't think. now putting ron paul signs in front of other peoples signs in public areas is a different matter :).

Tn...Andy
08-11-2007, 08:19 AM

Fool thing to do.....and I personally find it offensive....you're not going to convert that person, and what you will do is start a rash of sign destruction for everyone.

In addition, you are denying them the very right to free speech that Ron Paul champions.....perhaps you should examine your own motives for being with this campaign.

Concentrate your efforts on positive things instead of juvenile actions.

cjhowe
08-11-2007, 08:38 AM

I'd like to second or third or whatever the other sentiments on this being a bad idea. Not just perhaps juvenile, but a sign for anybody helps our cause. The majority of people have no interest in politics whatsoever. The RP campaign benefits from an increase of overall political awareness much more than do the other campaigns. The people that are putting signs in their yards for other candidates are part of the minority that is already involved in the political process. RP resonates loudly with those that have not been involved in the political process at all.

stevedasbach
08-11-2007, 08:41 AM
If we take down their signs, they'll take down ours. That's a net loss for Ron Paul.

Ironslave
08-11-2007, 08:48 AM
Thats an amazing number, and the kind of money we need to be competitive.

Having said that, Ron's birthday is in 9 days!!! Who here thinks we can blow that number out of the water??

DjLoTi
08-11-2007, 08:51 AM
I take down other signs if they look like they're 'trash'. I don't take it down if it's fine and not mangled or pollutive.

SwordOfShannarah
08-11-2007, 11:49 AM
I wonder how much more then an average day that is.

I "think" I heard they were doing around 30k a day a few months ago. As he said everything is increasing now so I would also take that to mean that the daily rate is up there.

nayjevin
08-14-2007, 11:51 AM
bump

Jon S
11-29-2007, 09:17 PM
man how far we have come

Naraku
11-29-2007, 09:21 PM
I'm waking up at the start of the end of the world,
but its feeling just like every other morning before,
Now I wonder what my life is going to mean if it's gone,

The cars are moving like a half a mile an hour and I
and started staring at the passengers who're waving goodbye
can you tell me what was ever really special about me all this time?

But I believe the world is burning to the ground
oh well I guess we're gonna find out
let's see how far we've come
Well I, believe, it all, is coming to an end
oh well, I guess, we're gonna pretend,

I think it turned ten o'clock but I don't really know
then I can't remember caring for an hour or so
started crying and I couldn't stop myself
I started running but there's no where to run to
I sat down on the street, took a look at myself
said where you going man you know the world is headed for hell
say all goodbyes if you've got someone you can say goodbye to

I believe the world is burning to the ground
let's see how far we've come (right now)

oh well, I guess, we're gonna pretend,

Its gone gone baby its all gone
there is no one on the corner and there's no one at home
well it was cool cool, it was just all cool
now it's over for me and it's over for you
well its gone gone baby its all gone
there's no one on the corner and there's no one at home
well it was cool cool, it was just all cool
now it's over for me and it's over for you

I believe the world is burning to the ground
oh well, i guess, we're gonna pretend,
let's see how far we've come, again
let's see how far we go
let's see how far we go
let's see how far we go
let's see how far we go

UtahApocalypse
11-29-2007, 09:24 PM
That's just to cool :) Amazing to remember the progress we have made.

EvilEngineer
11-29-2007, 09:24 PM
And what we need to realize is that even now, it is just the beginning.

frasu
11-29-2007, 09:27 PM
amazing... I was about to say, what kind of crazy story this could be with $75.000... we are going for a freaking blimp:D

goodstuff

RonPaulFanInGA
12-16-2007, 12:42 PM
Ron Paul raises $75,000 in one day!

Woah!

MRoCkEd
12-16-2007, 12:44 PM
more like 10 minutes

10thAmendmentMan
12-16-2007, 12:44 PM
This thread is great.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/7792/threadlovercatvn1.jpg

Brian Bailey
12-16-2007, 12:45 PM
lol

tsetsefly
12-16-2007, 01:17 PM
hahahahaha, this sort of embarasingly funny because I was one of those all excited because I never though so many people (at that time) where in tune with the message of freedom and individual rights, but my opinion has changed alot...

and how far have we come...

argounova
12-16-2007, 01:18 PM
A'men!!

i hear you brother. just on my way to home depot now for more spraypaint

RonPaulFanInGA
07-19-2011, 09:18 PM
Ron Paul raises $75,000 in one day!

$75,000 in 24 hours in the August before the primaries? :eek: That's great!