PDA

View Full Version : The case for June 21st (from nolanchart)

blakjak
02-12-2008, 10:27 AM
Should The Ron Paul March On Washington Be On June 21, 2008?

Now that Ron Paul has called upon his supporters to organize a march on Washington to show our numbers and proclaim the revolution, the question has emerged as to what date we should choose. Here's why I think it should be June 21st.

Yesterday's video message from Ron Paul to his supporters has provided a jolt of energy to what was becoming a flagging campaign. The imaginations of his supporters are being stirred again, and the revolution is moving into its next phase.

The question that is on everyone's mind is this: what date should the march be? I propose that it should be June 21, 2008. There are a number of reasons for this:

(1) First and foremost, it's the day that the Constitution went into effect. On June 21, 1788 New Hampshire became the ninth state to ratify the Constitution. Since Dr. Paul is so strongly associated with strict Constitutional support, it seems most appropriate that his rally be held on the date the Constitution took effect.

(2) June 21, 2008 is a Saturday. It's going to be important to make the march occur on a weekend day, so that people from far and wide can actually attend it.

(3) I oppose holding the march on July 4th, as some have proposed. The reason is that Washington, DC on July 4th is a mob scene. Also, July 4, 2008 is a Friday, and anyone who has ever been in DC on a Friday knows it's not the best day to be there! Even if we got over 1,000,000 to attend, our march would be dwarfed by the millions who descend upon DC each July 4th to watch the national fireworks. The big impact we're hoping for would almost certainly be ignored by the major media, because it would look like a drop in a much larger ocean. There are rallies of one kind or another held every single weekend during the Spring and Summer in Washington. Most are very small. June 21st would likely be a relatively non-competitive day to try to gain attention for what we're doing, making it easier for that attention to be gained.

(4) It probably will be easier to organize a late-June march and rally than one earlier in the Spring, because there's an awful lot to do in any case, including getting parade permits, meeting the legion of requirements that DC places on rally organizers, figuring out housing and transportation logistics for people travelling in from all over America, etc.

(5) The third weekend in June is the first weekend after school lets out, so there will probably be lots of families and kids in DC that day. The potential audience could be excellent.

(6) A quick Google search showed me that there are no other major rallies scheduled for the weekend of June 21-22, 2008 in Washington.

Whatever date we pick, we need to pick the date soon. And we need for the campaign's best grassroots organizers, the ones who organized the money bombs and the trips to New Hampshire and Nevada and everything else to take the bull by the horns and organize this March For Liberty.

http://www.nolanchart.com/article2673.html

darkdruid
02-12-2008, 10:29 AM
Saturday June 21st, 2008

We the people in order to form a more perfect union and
honor the ratifying of the Constitution two hundred and
twenty one years ago by our founding fathers as the creation
of a base law for our federal government of the United States of America,
do ordain and establish a peaceful march on Washington D.C.
Saturday June 21st, 2008 in order to re-establish the principles
of Peace and Liberty that once we held high and to demonstrate
that Americans want a government that is governed by the people,
for the people, and in the best interests of the general welfare.

Cooter
02-12-2008, 10:29 AM
to me the constitutional message is what ron paul is all about. when he talks about taxes, forign policy, monetary policy, and so on what does he always refer to?

FreedomFighter8008
02-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Perfect! I say we make this the date. All in favor . . .

escuec
Dang. if we do it that day I can't make it. I'll be preparing to go to Cisco Live (Networkers). :(

John of Des Moines
It should be during the week while Congress is in session.

CrazyRonPaulSupporter
02-12-2008, 10:33 AM
All polls so far is showing June 21st as the winner. I think that speaks for itself.

FreedomFighter8008
02-12-2008, 10:34 AM
It should be during the week while Congress is in session.

That's not necessarily the purpose. I think having it on this date is the most symbolic date we could pick aside from July 4th and July 4th has already been ruled out for obvious reasons. I say let's move forward with the Constitution Revolution March!!

Luft97
02-12-2008, 10:36 AM
We need to focus on helping with this election. If our march does not have an impact on this primary election it is a waste of time here is a list of the states still to vote and the dates.

March 4, 2008
Ohio primary 88 Delegates
Rhode Island 20 Delegates
Texas 140 Delegates
Vermont 17 Delegates

March 11, 2008
Mississippi 39 Delegates

April 22, 2008
Pennsylvania 74 Delegates

May 6, 2008
Indiana 57 Delegates
North Carolina 69 Delegates

May 13, 2008
Nebraska 33 Delegates

May 20, 2008
Kentucky 45 Delegates
Oregon 30 Delegates

May 27, 2008
Idaho 32 Delegates

June 3, 2008
South Dakota primary 27 Delegates
New Mexico caucuses 32 Delegates

Any date after June 3rd has no real value. What do you plan on doing storming the Congress? You need to think this one through.

FreedomFighter8008
02-12-2008, 10:39 AM
What is the purpose of the march? Who's attention are we trying to get?

John of Des Moines
02-12-2008, 10:44 AM
That's not necessarily the purpose. I think having it on this date is the most symbolic date we could pick aside from July 4th and July 4th has already been ruled out for obvious reasons. I say let's move forward with the Constitution Revolution March!!

What ever the day I like the name: "Constitution Revolution March." It's a winner.